Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got a solid wood worktop? 20:57 - Apr 3 with 1118 viewswaynekerr55

Hello comrades,

Has anyone got a solid oak worktop? If so what are your recommendations for upkeep? Is it best to use Danish oil or a mixture of Danish and tung oil?

Ours is installed in the next couple of weeks. I imagine the area around the tap is a pain in the arse to look after

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anyone got a solid wood worktop? on 11:39 - Apr 4 with 1066 viewsLegend83

Hi mate, we installed oak worktops in our new kitchen 2 years ago. Understand this - whatever you do you WILL end up with brown / black marks at some point so best just to accept it now.

Round the sink and tap is difficult, I tend to just keep a roll of kitchen paper nearby the mop up round the tap base / draining board etc.

Forget Danish Oil - I would recommend either Osmo Poly X or Sadolin PV67. Give it 2-3 coats for a good protective finish - liquid should then bead rather than soak in.

Invest in a proper random orbit sander as you will want to re-do them every 1-2 years - it's not too bad, a couple of evenings work.

I'll finish on a high - nothing looks quite as good as freshly oiled solid wood. It's the nuts.
Anyone got a solid wood worktop? on 12:39 - Apr 4 with 1040 viewsAmbergambler

Did you mean to have 2 threads on this?

Anyway, yes we have a wood worktop. It looks nice but wood and water really don't mix!

Tried Danish oil but now may have to resort to using some kind of varnish behind the taps as the wood is darkening. You have to be ever vigilant with splashes!
Good luck.
Anyone got a solid wood worktop? on 18:04 - Apr 4 with 979 viewsbyron

Bona products seem to be all the rage currently. Did my floors with it, good stuff.

Benny

Anyone got a solid wood worktop? on 18:52 - Apr 4 with 959 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Anyone got a solid wood worktop? on 18:04 - Apr 4 by byron

Bona products seem to be all the rage currently. Did my floors with it, good stuff.

Great bit of bait!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024