Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket 22:07 - Jan 15 with 2962 viewsSwansea93

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7891225/Absolute-bargain-Shef

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 05:10 - Jan 16 with 2759 viewsTimTtam

Just another way to exploit FFP and buy promotion to the PL

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 06:29 - Jan 16 with 2712 viewsjack247

That’s an absolute disaster waiting to happen. If they never go up, fans get in free for life? I wouldn’t even see that as a bargain if I was a fan, I’d just be worried.

It does say limited number available though, so maybe it’s just a trivial number and they are doing this for a bit of publicity?
Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 06:50 - Jan 16 with 2686 viewsDr_Winston

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 06:29 - Jan 16 by jack247

That’s an absolute disaster waiting to happen. If they never go up, fans get in free for life? I wouldn’t even see that as a bargain if I was a fan, I’d just be worried.

It does say limited number available though, so maybe it’s just a trivial number and they are doing this for a bit of publicity?

They're a fraud investigation waiting to happen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 07:38 - Jan 16 with 2624 viewsTimTtam

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 06:29 - Jan 16 by jack247

It's all very confusing, but from what I understand, fans must pay the ~6k fee initially, and every year they are outside of the PL, they receive ~400 back. It will end up being free in the long term, but I doubt a majority of fans would be willing to risk 6k up front, especially if the club get docked 21 points and go down to League 1.

They're trying to buy promotion and escape punishment, like Aston Villa successfully did. They'll get lots of money now, which they will use on transfers for the next 3 transfer windows. But as the years pass, they'll be paying lots of money. Lets say they get 25k season ticket holders, and 10% of fans take up this offer. They will be paying 1M back to their fans every year.

Extremely worrying for the long term future of the club if this is all the case. They're involved in 2 legal cases (EFL, and Leicester), their owner is being investigated for fraud, and they are facing a possible 21pt deduction this season or next. Have they learned anything from the Bury, Bolton,and Macclesfield debacles?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 08:06 - Jan 16 with 2595 viewsVincent_Vega

Didn't Peter Ridsdale offer something similar to the scummers? Sure he said it was to get money together for a promotion push only for it to be used to pay debts?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 8:07]

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 20:52 - Jan 16 with 2257 viewsCatullus

I don't know about this offer but I'd be quite tempted by a long term season ticket. You pay your money and take your chances but a 5 years season paid by direct debit every month has some appeal to me.
It'd have to be well thought through with strict conditions to nullify mickey takers. It's probably not workable but speaking as someone who will only ever support the Swans regardless of the division they are in, I'd go for it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 2209 viewsGixerJack

Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 08:06 - Jan 16 by Vincent_Vega

Didn't Peter Ridsdale offer something similar to the scummers? Sure he said it was to get money together for a promotion push only for it to be used to pay debts?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 8:07]

Now that you mention it I do remember something ropey happening, wasn’t it something like getting their supporters to pay for next seasons ST before Christmas to raise money for the January sales? But as you say they used the money to pay the taxman
Sheffield Wednesday 10YR season ticket on 00:46 - Jan 17 with 2120 viewsmonmouth

They need to consider two Or three important concepts. The opportunity cost including the time value of money and risk. To be fair, football fans are renowned for doing that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024