Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh news just now 18:40 - Jan 15 with 2491 viewsdickythorpe

Congestion charges in Cardiff ....well make alternative modes of public transport better.

Fines for ambulances missing their targets......gething is a fúcking retard!!!!
The Welsh news just now on 18:46 - Jan 15 with 1318 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The congestion charges will only apply to non Cardiff residents. That means people who commute to Cardiff for work, for sporting, music events and shopping will subsides the Cardiff residents.
Clearly most of the pollution and congestion in Cardiff is caused by the residents who could easily use local train and bus services or even walk.

Hopefully people outside Cardiff will now start using their local shops.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh news just now on 18:57 - Jan 15 with 1295 viewsjack2jack

Heard that the charge will be £2, not a huge amount for the occasional visitor, but for folk who live outside the area and park in the city center for work it'll make a difference, I'm guessing they are trying to encourage folk to use public transport.
Not great when city centres are struggling for business, even Cardiff has empty shops.
I'm assuming also that this is a government initiative.
The Welsh news just now on 19:07 - Jan 15 with 1263 viewscontroversial_jack

The Welsh news just now on 18:57 - Jan 15 by jack2jack

Heard that the charge will be £2, not a huge amount for the occasional visitor, but for folk who live outside the area and park in the city center for work it'll make a difference, I'm guessing they are trying to encourage folk to use public transport.
Not great when city centres are struggling for business, even Cardiff has empty shops.
I'm assuming also that this is a government initiative.

It's Cardiff council
The Welsh news just now on 19:08 - Jan 15 with 1258 viewsZaxx

Fines for ambulances because we have pi$$ poor GP services and very few cottage hospitals able to accommodate and receive hospital patients for aftercare, an underfunded care in the community service, lack of social care....

So, let's make the ambulance service pay for the lack of facilities and funding for community care.
Fine a frontline service because the back door has been wedged/jammed firmly shut by years of cutbacks.
What a fcuking great idea.....
The Welsh news just now on 19:10 - Jan 15 with 1246 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh news just now on 19:07 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

It's Cardiff council

I guess they won't charge residents as they will lose votes. Great idea to charge the people from the rest of Wales a tax to visit Cardiff and use the money to build extra facilities for the people of Cardiff.

The Welsh news just now on 19:12 - Jan 15 with 1233 viewsCatullus

The Welsh news just now on 19:08 - Jan 15 by Zaxx

Fines for ambulances because we have pi$$ poor GP services and very few cottage hospitals able to accommodate and receive hospital patients for aftercare, an underfunded care in the community service, lack of social care....

So, let's make the ambulance service pay for the lack of facilities and funding for community care.
Fine a frontline service because the back door has been wedged/jammed firmly shut by years of cutbacks.
What a fcuking great idea.....

Did nobody ask how taking money off the ambulance service will help them improve?

This congestion charge, it's another not so bright idea that could easily backfire. The charge should apply to everybody or nobody, how do they police it...don't tell me, residents can get a badge to display...for a small fee.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh news just now on 19:16 - Jan 15 with 1216 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh news just now on 19:12 - Jan 15 by Catullus

Did nobody ask how taking money off the ambulance service will help them improve?

This congestion charge, it's another not so bright idea that could easily backfire. The charge should apply to everybody or nobody, how do they police it...don't tell me, residents can get a badge to display...for a small fee.

Easy to police it. Any vehicle that has a registered address in Cardiff will be exempt. The cameras will just check the number plates.

Unregistered vehicles will probably get away with it or hopefully will be clamped and crushed

The Welsh news just now on 19:21 - Jan 15 with 1211 viewsjack2jack

The Welsh news just now on 19:07 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

It's Cardiff council

May well be, however, these initiatives are usually Govt lead, either local or central.
Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh news just now on 19:30 - Jan 15 with 1187 viewsCatullus

The Welsh news just now on 19:16 - Jan 15 by felixstowe_jack

Easy to police it. Any vehicle that has a registered address in Cardiff will be exempt. The cameras will just check the number plates.

Unregistered vehicles will probably get away with it or hopefully will be clamped and crushed

I was suggesting that even thought the congestion charge won't apply to residents, they wil still end up paying somewhere along the line. We always do.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Welsh news just now on 19:34 - Jan 15 with 1170 viewsexiledclaseboy

These kind of charges will be in most cities and large towns before much linger, designed either to reduce congestion or improve air quality. Best get used to ‘em.

Poll: Tory leader

The Welsh news just now on 19:42 - Jan 15 with 1149 viewsCatullus

The Welsh news just now on 19:34 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

These kind of charges will be in most cities and large towns before much linger, designed either to reduce congestion or improve air quality. Best get used to ‘em.

They'd be better off providing the good public transport we need and then just having total exclusion zones for cars, with exemptions for the badly disabled, working vehicles and emergency services.
When I lived in Trallwn I couldn't get a bus to the Liberty, it was go so far and walk or have to go further than needed and get a bus back. It's not even 2 miles away, a decent bus service on matchdays at the right times would have been full.

The Welsh news just now on 19:44 - Jan 15 with 1140 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Welsh news just now on 19:42 - Jan 15 by Catullus

They'd be better off providing the good public transport we need and then just having total exclusion zones for cars, with exemptions for the badly disabled, working vehicles and emergency services.
When I lived in Trallwn I couldn't get a bus to the Liberty, it was go so far and walk or have to go further than needed and get a bus back. It's not even 2 miles away, a decent bus service on matchdays at the right times would have been full.

Well these charges usually come as part of a plan to improve public transport links alongside the charges. This one is part of a similar plan.

Public transport in Swansea is abominable.

The Welsh news just now on 19:47 - Jan 15 with 1128 viewsCatullus

The Welsh news just now on 19:44 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

Well these charges usually come as part of a plan to improve public transport links alongside the charges. This one is part of a similar plan.

Cardiff's bus services are, or were much better than Swansea's anyway.

The Welsh news just now on 19:47 - Jan 15 with 1128 viewscontroversial_jack

The Welsh news just now on 19:44 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

It's just another stealth tax
The Welsh news just now on 19:48 - Jan 15 with 1122 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Welsh news just now on 19:47 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

It's just another stealth tax

There’s nothing stealthy about it. It’s an up front charge.

The Welsh news just now on 19:58 - Jan 15 with 1100 viewsTNT

Wayne Nash will sort it, mun.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Welsh news just now on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 1078 viewscontroversial_jack

The Welsh news just now on 19:48 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

There’s nothing stealthy about it. It’s an up front charge.

Is it a charge though if it's imposed And we get nothing in return? If we have to pay then it's a tax
The Welsh news just now on 20:16 - Jan 15 with 1060 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Welsh news just now on 20:11 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

Is it a charge though if it's imposed And we get nothing in return? If we have to pay then it's a tax

You don’t have to pay.

The Welsh news just now on 20:25 - Jan 15 with 1040 viewscontroversial_jack

The Welsh news just now on 20:16 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

You don’t have to pay.

Nobody will pay then
The Welsh news just now on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 1040 viewslonglostjack

£2 ? Sounds like a revenue raiser.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Welsh news just now on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 1038 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Welsh news just now on 20:25 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

Nobody will pay then

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The Welsh news just now on 20:27 - Jan 15 with 1030 viewscontroversial_jack

The Welsh news just now on 20:26 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Why don't motorists have to pay?
The Welsh news just now on 20:30 - Jan 15 with 1025 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Welsh news just now on 20:27 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

Why don't motorists have to pay?

If they don’t want to drive in the congestion zone. It’s not compulsory to drive there, ergo everyone has a choice about whether to pay the charge or not.

The Welsh news just now on 20:33 - Jan 15 with 1012 viewscontroversial_jack

The Welsh news just now on 20:30 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

If they don’t want to drive in the congestion zone. It’s not compulsory to drive there, ergo everyone has a choice about whether to pay the charge or not.

If you drive through the zone then you will have to pay, where before you didn't
Have to, therefore it's a tax that has been imposed
The Welsh news just now on 20:35 - Jan 15 with 1009 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Welsh news just now on 20:33 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

If you drive through the zone then you will have to pay, where before you didn't
Have to, therefore it's a tax that has been imposed

Don’t drive through the zone, don’t have to pay. Therefore, a choice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024