Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Swimming 20:30 - Jul 28 with 1204 viewsonehunglow

Not sure Builth can help me but we are looking at rivers /lakes to swim in mid Wales /Marches.

I'm still a strong swimmer although my missus is relatively weak but steady although very hesiatnt about the unknown waters

I know the river in Ludlow is suitable but I'm thinking they may be others tucked away.

Those in north Wales have very cold water unless its a vey hot spell of weather.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:39]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wild Swimming on 20:32 - Jul 28 with 1200 viewsbritferry

...its a vey hot spell of weather or somebody has just pissed in it up stream

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Wild Swimming on 20:39 - Jul 28 with 1186 viewsonehunglow

Do you know anywhere?

Wild Swimming on 20:44 - Jul 28 with 1180 viewsbritferry

Wild Swimming on 20:39 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

Do you know anywhere?

not really but the lake I've always fancied having a dip in is the one at the foot of Pen-y-Fan... especially if you've just climbed the thing... looks really idyllic

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:47]

Wild Swimming on 20:59 - Jul 28 with 1160 viewsbritferry

try this

http://www.wildswimming.co.uk/wales/south-wales-and-brecon-beacons/?multi_city=s

Wild Swimming on 21:06 - Jul 28 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

Thanks.Its what Im lookin for but thats a 3 hr drive.

Wild Swimming on 21:16 - Jul 28 with 1144 viewsNeath_Jack

I don't know if you can swim in it, but this place is tidy.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wild Swimming on 21:39 - Jul 28 with 1117 viewsFlashberryjack

Llyn y Fan Fach

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186455-d6622830-Reviews-Llyn_y_

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wild Swimming on 21:48 - Jul 28 with 1104 viewsbuilthjack

Theres a few places to swim from Rhayader down to Builth, but you have to know the places and how to get to them. Further down river ((Wye) Is better. Glasbury is a nice place to swim, stone beach and walk in gently , slow flow, very safe just above Glasbury bridge.
They also do canoe and rowing boat hire just below the bridge.
A great place to hire a 2 man/woman canoe is Monmouth. They take you about 10 miles up river, you paddle gently down, stop halfway at the pub by the river, have lunch, and do the second half.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Wild Swimming on 08:22 - Jul 29 with 1033 viewsbritferry

Wild Swimming on 21:48 - Jul 28 by builthjack

Theres a few places to swim from Rhayader down to Builth, but you have to know the places and how to get to them. Further down river ((Wye) Is better. Glasbury is a nice place to swim, stone beach and walk in gently , slow flow, very safe just above Glasbury bridge.
They also do canoe and rowing boat hire just below the bridge.
A great place to hire a 2 man/woman canoe is Monmouth. They take you about 10 miles up river, you paddle gently down, stop halfway at the pub by the river, have lunch, and do the second half.

done the canoeing down the Wye to Monmouth, its great, hard work paddling thru Symonds Yat as the river is like a lake but the pub is at the far end, then you get the rapids straight after, great fun
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 8:24]

Wild Swimming on 10:05 - Jul 29 with 1000 viewschad

Does wild swimming involve lots of thrashing about ;)

I don’t know if they have the blue green algae bloom in the waters by you, or if you are familiar with it. But if not, it is quite often present in the larger lakes in the Lake District and some forms can be quite noxious even just small patches. Generally the smaller water bodies tend to be clear of it, like the lovely little remote tarns.

Sounds fab though, enjoy.
Wild Swimming on 10:14 - Jul 29 with 998 viewsonehunglow

Thanks .

The Lake District is simply too busy and the lakes cold.

Glasbury is interesting and appreciate the heads up

Wild Swimming on 10:23 - Jul 29 with 994 viewschad

Wild Swimming on 10:14 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Thanks .

The Lake District is simply too busy and the lakes cold.

Glasbury is interesting and appreciate the heads up

Are you going for the full experience, in the old speedos?

Or will you wear a wetsuit / goose grease ;)
Wild Swimming on 10:50 - Jul 29 with 990 viewsonehunglow

I have several pairs of suitable swimwear for when clothing option is not appropriate.

I used to do Mer Pol charity river swims with a little skin grease but it was still pretty unpleasant although thousands was raised.

The river is miles cleaner now and the north Wirral coast is now EU standard. Perfectly swimmable at full tide only though a it is treacherous and muddy further out.

The tide ebbs further than Swansea Bay.

Wild Swimming on 19:39 - Jul 29 with 948 viewsbuilthjack

Wild Swimming on 10:50 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

I have several pairs of suitable swimwear for when clothing option is not appropriate.

I used to do Mer Pol charity river swims with a little skin grease but it was still pretty unpleasant although thousands was raised.

The river is miles cleaner now and the north Wirral coast is now EU standard. Perfectly swimmable at full tide only though a it is treacherous and muddy further out.

The tide ebbs further than Swansea Bay.

Another place is just down river at Hay on Wye. Good little swim, and boat hire.
Then hit a few book shops.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024