Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Falling Leaves 13:15 - Nov 3 with 383 viewsonehunglow

Not the song but should one clean up these or leave them for nature to take its course.

Interesting different views on this.

Mash em or bin em

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Falling Leaves on 13:21 - Nov 3 with 377 viewsAndy1300

I had 2 sycamore trees in the garden of my last house and used to put them in the garden waste bags

Number 1 team in Wales

The Falling Leaves on 13:25 - Nov 3 with 368 viewsonehunglow

The Falling Leaves on 13:21 - Nov 3 by Andy1300

I had 2 sycamore trees in the garden of my last house and used to put them in the garden waste bags

Thanks for that.

The Falling Leaves on 13:32 - Nov 3 with 361 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If they are in your garden try to compost them.
The troubles is if they fall into the roads they get washed in the gutters become a mushy mess eventually blocking drains and causing surface water to build up everytime it rains and can leaf to localised flooding. It is all made worse by most councils no longer cleaning out the roadside drains.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Falling Leaves on 13:48 - Nov 3 with 352 viewsonehunglow

Yep,looking to do that.We have much fallen foliage and ,come to think of it,at least twice a year I have to stick my hand down our drain to unblock it caused by leaves mushing .

It's better for nature so that 'll do me.

Thanks

The Falling Leaves on 14:35 - Nov 3 with 336 viewsCatullus

Well considering I love nature so much, we had a row of 10 trees in the back half of our garden and I had them chopped down because they took up so much room!

Would leaves go in a composter?

That back half of the garden, we are planning on trying to grow our own veg so we have a composter ready. It'll be next year now though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Falling Leaves on 14:43 - Nov 3 with 328 viewspencoedjack

The Falling Leaves on 13:32 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

If they are in your garden try to compost them.
The troubles is if they fall into the roads they get washed in the gutters become a mushy mess eventually blocking drains and causing surface water to build up everytime it rains and can leaf to localised flooding. It is all made worse by most councils no longer cleaning out the roadside drains.

This ^

Similar situation with the non dredging of river beds causing flooding.

Amazing how blokes on a football forum know this but governments/councils don't.
The Falling Leaves on 14:54 - Nov 3 with 323 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Falling Leaves on 14:43 - Nov 3 by pencoedjack

This ^

Similar situation with the non dredging of river beds causing flooding.

Amazing how blokes on a football forum know this but governments/councils don't.

You can't dredge rivers is case you disturb newts, frogs fish etc. The greens and the environmentalist and of course Greta would not approve.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Falling Leaves on 15:45 - Nov 3 with 310 viewspencoedjack

The Falling Leaves on 14:54 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

You can't dredge rivers is case you disturb newts, frogs fish etc. The greens and the environmentalist and of course Greta would not approve.

Similar reason why we cant build the relief road at Newport as well.

Lets have floods & cars at a standstill polluting the atmosphere but frogs, newts & some kind of rare mouse will all be saved.

You really couldn't make it up.
Login to get fewer ads

The Falling Leaves on 15:38 - Nov 4 with 245 viewsCatullus

The Falling Leaves on 15:45 - Nov 3 by pencoedjack

Similar reason why we cant build the relief road at Newport as well.

Lets have floods & cars at a standstill polluting the atmosphere but frogs, newts & some kind of rare mouse will all be saved.

You really couldn't make it up.

We'd be better off with fewer cars to be honest. Or maybe we should be willing to spend more money getting the infrastructure right the first time, by that I mean don't build roads that are barely fit for purpose when they open.

In this country we plan something but it takes so long to get it done it's already outdated before it's finished!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Falling Leaves on 16:43 - Nov 4 with 231 viewsonehunglow

The Falling Leaves on 15:38 - Nov 4 by Catullus

We'd be better off with fewer cars to be honest. Or maybe we should be willing to spend more money getting the infrastructure right the first time, by that I mean don't build roads that are barely fit for purpose when they open.

In this country we plan something but it takes so long to get it done it's already outdated before it's finished!

Hey,I cycled through the lanes this morning to get my hair cut.I got filled in my lorries,tractors,cars and a entered the salon with horse shite on my shoes.

I got wet going there and wetter still returning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024