Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had a paddle today 15:32 - Jan 1 with 3164 viewsonehunglow

Friends.
This is the future.

At New Brighton today,we saw about 50 getting into the sea and having a swim,most not wearing wet suits.

I had a paddle and jolly invigorating it was too.


Having chatted to some of thee folks,clearly wild swimming in cold water is THE new fashion. I noted several chapel hat pegs around too after their dip.

Looking over the Wales,snow clearly visible on the top of Snowdonia and Clywdian Ranges

What a wonderful world.


Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
I had a paddle today on 16:03 - Jan 1 with 3137 viewscontroversial_jack

Cold water swimming is extremely stimulating
0
I had a paddle today on 16:45 - Jan 1 with 3114 viewsonehunglow

It is and we ve had a few cold swims in a river near Ludlow. Im not that keen on cold water but with covid we might jut have to put up with it.
We 're surrounded by water here and the rivers and are unrecognisable from the sewers they once were.
I used to do the Police charity swims in the 80s from Seacombe to New Brighton and was often ill afterwards. I went this summer and couldn't believe how clean the sea was so not all bad environment news for us.

Im still planning on wet suits for the coming year however we are seriously keen on naked swimming but in this country it's not really feasable manly because we are so narrow minded.

A tip,contro...get the fook to the western Algarve,take your partner and get in au natural. Bracing dont describe it.

Best wishes for New Year and hope to irritate/annoy or stimilate you for some time yet hopefully

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
I had a paddle today on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 3074 viewsBoundy

I had a paddle today on 16:45 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

It is and we ve had a few cold swims in a river near Ludlow. Im not that keen on cold water but with covid we might jut have to put up with it.
We 're surrounded by water here and the rivers and are unrecognisable from the sewers they once were.
I used to do the Police charity swims in the 80s from Seacombe to New Brighton and was often ill afterwards. I went this summer and couldn't believe how clean the sea was so not all bad environment news for us.

Im still planning on wet suits for the coming year however we are seriously keen on naked swimming but in this country it's not really feasable manly because we are so narrow minded.

A tip,contro...get the fook to the western Algarve,take your partner and get in au natural. Bracing dont describe it.

Best wishes for New Year and hope to irritate/annoy or stimilate you for some time yet hopefully


My late father in law was a great exponent of boxing day swimming, without fail Cefn Siden was blessed with his and many others who braved the conditions to raise money for charity under the moniker of the Walrus Dip, sadly both failed to materialise this year.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
I had a paddle today on 10:32 - Jan 2 with 2982 viewscontroversial_jack

I had a paddle today on 16:45 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

It is and we ve had a few cold swims in a river near Ludlow. Im not that keen on cold water but with covid we might jut have to put up with it.
We 're surrounded by water here and the rivers and are unrecognisable from the sewers they once were.
I used to do the Police charity swims in the 80s from Seacombe to New Brighton and was often ill afterwards. I went this summer and couldn't believe how clean the sea was so not all bad environment news for us.

Im still planning on wet suits for the coming year however we are seriously keen on naked swimming but in this country it's not really feasable manly because we are so narrow minded.

A tip,contro...get the fook to the western Algarve,take your partner and get in au natural. Bracing dont describe it.

Best wishes for New Year and hope to irritate/annoy or stimilate you for some time yet hopefully


The Algarve sounds interesting. Skinny dipping and natural is great. We did a nudist beach holiday in Croatia late 80s, although by accident as we didn't know the beach by the hotel was a nudie one.Happy new year , and all the best to you and your family.
0
I had a paddle today on 10:35 - Jan 2 with 2978 viewsonehunglow

I had a paddle today on 10:32 - Jan 2 by controversial_jack

The Algarve sounds interesting. Skinny dipping and natural is great. We did a nudist beach holiday in Croatia late 80s, although by accident as we didn't know the beach by the hotel was a nudie one.Happy new year , and all the best to you and your family.


Croatia is full of textile free.

Island of Brac or Hvar.Try them.Or Cavtat,just south of Dubrovnic (avoid)

Locals are not my favourite foreigners as they invariably seem surly to the point of rudeness.

Beautiful cointry

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
I had a paddle today on 23:13 - Jan 2 with 2911 viewsKilkennyjack

This thread has taken a surprise twist.....

And don’t forget the sun block ...

Beware of the Risen People

0
I had a paddle today on 01:19 - Jan 3 with 2891 viewsHighjack

Isn't exercise supposed to begin and end at home?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

1
I had a paddle today on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 2839 viewscontroversial_jack

I had a paddle today on 01:19 - Jan 3 by Highjack

Isn't exercise supposed to begin and end at home?


Yes, the rules are clear on this
0
Login to get fewer ads

I had a paddle today on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 2830 viewsTreforys_Jack

I had a paddle today on 11:11 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

Yes, the rules are clear on this


Depends on the tier you are in to be fair.
0
I had a paddle today on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 2798 viewsBoundy

I had a paddle today on 11:11 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

Yes, the rules are clear on this


If you're fortunate to live in the Copper quarter then a quick dip into the Tawe over the barrage then out to sea is more than acceptable
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 15:11]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
I had a paddle today on 15:18 - Jan 3 with 2787 viewsHighjack

I had a paddle today on 13:06 - Jan 3 by Treforys_Jack

Depends on the tier you are in to be fair.


I’m not so sure. Meeting up with a group of fifty and chatting to them sounds a bit reckless to me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

0
I had a paddle today on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 2770 viewsTreforys_Jack

I had a paddle today on 15:18 - Jan 3 by Highjack

I’m not so sure. Meeting up with a group of fifty and chatting to them sounds a bit reckless to me.


They probably gave him a wide berth to be fair.
0
I had a paddle today on 15:40 - Jan 3 with 2769 viewsHighjack

I had a paddle today on 15:39 - Jan 3 by Treforys_Jack

They probably gave him a wide berth to be fair.


He chatted to some of them. Hope they were wearing masks.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

0
I had a paddle today on 16:32 - Jan 3 with 2751 viewsonehunglow

I had a paddle today on 15:11 - Jan 3 by Boundy

If you're fortunate to live in the Copper quarter then a quick dip into the Tawe over the barrage then out to sea is more than acceptable
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 15:11]


Swim in the Tawe....?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026