Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Achmed of Yemen 07:39 - Mar 2 with 545 viewsCatullus

I saw this story on the BBC last night and it broke my heart,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-56212929

Achmed was interviewed by Orla Guerin, it doesn't show it this clip but his drream is to be a teacher.

Many of our kids don't like school yet in the Yemen thse kids risk bullets and landmines to walk to a skeleton of a building, the gunshots can be heard going off randomly near by, all these kids want is a chance. An entire generation in Yemen may get little or no real education because of the civil war. Amongst the things the Houthi rebels apparently want is an end to Western influence in their country, along with government accountability, an end to corruption, regulr utilities, fair fuel prices and job opoortunities for all Yemenis.

Western interference, when will we learn?

The UK has cut aid to Yemen by 50%.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Achmed of Yemen on 09:54 - Mar 2 with 507 viewsonehunglow

she's one helluva journo
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 9:54]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Achmed of Yemen on 09:56 - Mar 2 with 502 viewsbritferry

I doubt if you give money to a government in the middle of a civil was, that it will get used for aid

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Achmed of Yemen on 13:27 - Mar 2 with 484 viewsCatullus

Achmed of Yemen on 09:56 - Mar 2 by britferry

I doubt if you give money to a government in the middle of a civil was, that it will get used for aid

We only cut aid recently but the civil war has been going for 6 years.

Given the rebels don't want western interference, what can we do? That makes it even worse because these children are suffering, not getting an education won't be the worst part of their lives.

I thought of my son and what he takes fro granted and compared him to Achmed, he doesn't know how lucky he is, my son. His biggest worry is when will his new PS5 turn up.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Achmed of Yemen on 17:12 - Mar 3 with 416 viewstrampie

Achmed of Yemen on 09:54 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

she's one helluva journo
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 9:54]

I've heard that she is Irish, a Labour supporter and has been accused of being pro Palestinian, what with your right wing politics are you aware of that Perch ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Achmed of Yemen on 18:48 - Mar 3 with 393 viewsCatullus

Achmed of Yemen on 17:12 - Mar 3 by trampie

I've heard that she is Irish, a Labour supporter and has been accused of being pro Palestinian, what with your right wing politics are you aware of that Perch ?

What has that to do with this thread or her capability as a journo?

Achmed of Yemen on 22:42 - Mar 3 with 365 viewstrampie

Achmed of Yemen on 18:48 - Mar 3 by Catullus

What has that to do with this thread or her capability as a journo?

Everything the best journalists like people in general are left wing, caring sharing and all that.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024