Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace 20:49 - May 10 with 1031 viewsCatullus

Tesco doesn’t want you knowing this:

The supermarket giant is STILL doing deals with companies that are torching precious forests. [1]

Vast areas of the Amazon, Cerrado and Pantanal are slashed and burned each year. With land then cleared to make way for grazing cattle, or soya for animal feed.

As the UK's biggest supermarket seller of industrial meat, and a huge buyer of soya, Tesco is making big profits from products linked to forest destruction.

With such huge buying power, Tesco could be a leader in stripping deforestation from supply chains. But instead Tesco bosses are burying their heads in the sand.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 22:34 - May 10 with 965 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I am sure all the supermarkets do the same . I blame the customers they just want cheap food. The vegans make things worse insisting we all used palm oil in our vegan products.

It would help in all supermarkets tried to source most of their meat products from the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 22:45 - May 10 with 952 viewsjack_lord

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 22:34 - May 10 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure all the supermarkets do the same . I blame the customers they just want cheap food. The vegans make things worse insisting we all used palm oil in our vegan products.

It would help in all supermarkets tried to source most of their meat products from the UK.

If the UK has enough then absolutely. Not sure how our exports would fare?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:01 - May 11 with 891 viewsonehunglow

Again,stupefying hypocrisy.
People whinging about the rainforest,carbon emissions,plastic are those who in private evidence none of these concerns .It's good to be seen preaching environmental matters though.

Imagine our foodbills doubling overnight
Price of fuel tripling
Cars simply banned

Mankind stinks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:01 - May 11 with 893 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 22:45 - May 10 by jack_lord

If the UK has enough then absolutely. Not sure how our exports would fare?

I am sure our exports would be fine we just all need to source local goods where we can but no country can meet 100% of it's needs.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:05 - May 11 with 889 viewsonehunglow

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:01 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure our exports would be fine we just all need to source local goods where we can but no country can meet 100% of it's needs.

Wales would be ok for water and wool though.

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:50 - May 11 with 876 viewsCatullus

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:01 - May 11 by onehunglow

Again,stupefying hypocrisy.
People whinging about the rainforest,carbon emissions,plastic are those who in private evidence none of these concerns .It's good to be seen preaching environmental matters though.

Imagine our foodbills doubling overnight
Price of fuel tripling
Cars simply banned

Mankind stinks

Now then, we recycle as much as possible. We buy most of our food from a local business who delivers it, meat, veg and fruit, some of the fruit is imported but most of the food is Uk sourced.
We try to buy our "stuff" from UK sources where possible.

The truth is it's very hard to be eco friendly. The sources of what we buy are often hidden. I'm not a fan of supermarkets but seeing as they put so mnay local businesses out of business I have to use them for some things.

For many of us it's not hypocrisy, it's just fairly impossible to be as green as we want. Since we moved to this house we have done a lot of work on our garden and have turned half of it over to growing food. There's a lot to do yet but we already have potatoes coming, they'll be ready soon.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 10:13 - May 11 with 868 viewsSandanista

Less than 60% food we need is from U.K. Very bad
Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 10:16 - May 11 with 863 viewsCatullus

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 10:13 - May 11 by Sandanista

Less than 60% food we need is from U.K. Very bad

A lot of it isn't food we NEED though, it's food we want. We could increase the amount of food supplied from the UK but people want cheap food regardless of the environmental or health problems this cheap food may bring.

Login to get fewer ads

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 11:29 - May 11 with 848 viewsonehunglow

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 09:50 - May 11 by Catullus

Now then, we recycle as much as possible. We buy most of our food from a local business who delivers it, meat, veg and fruit, some of the fruit is imported but most of the food is Uk sourced.
We try to buy our "stuff" from UK sources where possible.

The truth is it's very hard to be eco friendly. The sources of what we buy are often hidden. I'm not a fan of supermarkets but seeing as they put so mnay local businesses out of business I have to use them for some things.

For many of us it's not hypocrisy, it's just fairly impossible to be as green as we want. Since we moved to this house we have done a lot of work on our garden and have turned half of it over to growing food. There's a lot to do yet but we already have potatoes coming, they'll be ready soon.

My point is aimed at those who use the subject for ulterior motives.

I certainly wouldn’t welcome such measures

Whatever we do matter little ifChina just does what it wants

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 11:54 - May 11 with 842 viewsSandanista

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 10:16 - May 11 by Catullus

A lot of it isn't food we NEED though, it's food we want. We could increase the amount of food supplied from the UK but people want cheap food regardless of the environmental or health problems this cheap food may bring.

No we have ‘Hungry Gap’ without. Meat, dairy and grains also imported. No imports=starvation and no choice
https://wickedleeks.riverford.co.uk/features/local-sourcing-news-farm/what-hungr
Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 12:57 - May 11 with 833 views73__73

Global warming isn’t a new phenomena. It happened many times before, and will happen many times again.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 19:05 - May 11 with 763 viewsCatullus

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 11:54 - May 11 by Sandanista

No we have ‘Hungry Gap’ without. Meat, dairy and grains also imported. No imports=starvation and no choice
https://wickedleeks.riverford.co.uk/features/local-sourcing-news-farm/what-hungr

We export food too mind. we send over 23 billion quids worth to other countries, meat and dairy.
We also throw away a lot of food every day. We bin over 10 billion quids worth or between £250-400 per household per year.

We have enough land to grow more food and have more cattle. We could produce as much food as we need but people would have to adjust, have to cook fresh and use leftovers up, not just bin them.

There are foods we'd end up going without and there's the rub, too many people wouldn't accept it.

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 08:44 - May 12 with 704 viewsonehunglow

Tesco...accordingbto Greenpeace on 19:05 - May 11 by Catullus

We export food too mind. we send over 23 billion quids worth to other countries, meat and dairy.
We also throw away a lot of food every day. We bin over 10 billion quids worth or between £250-400 per household per year.

We have enough land to grow more food and have more cattle. We could produce as much food as we need but people would have to adjust, have to cook fresh and use leftovers up, not just bin them.

There are foods we'd end up going without and there's the rub, too many people wouldn't accept it.

Left overs/
Our kids would be flooding social services and social media would choke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024