Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman 20:17 - Jun 3 with 1262 viewsKeithHaynes

At the highest of levels, not sure Celtic are, but this is what he said.

“There is no doubt it, he is an exciting young goalkeeper. My worry is he has not been tried or tested at the top, top level. From what I have seen of him he is very good but there is much more pressure on a goalkeeper playing for Celtic than a goalkeeper playing for Swansea. If Newcastle are willing to let him go, is that a player Celtic want? “

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 20:50 - Jun 3 with 1200 viewsjack247

People associated with Celtic and Rangers tend to overestimate their teams. I’m pretty sure Newcastle would breeze the SPL. Not good enough for them does not necessarily mean not good enough for Celtic.
Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 22:41 - Jun 3 with 1115 viewsReslovenSwan1

Robinson does not actually comment on anyhing relating to Woodman's game. He talks about external factors out of Woofdmans control. Not worth a great deal I would suggest,

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 07:19 - Jun 4 with 1036 viewsDr_Winston

Rangers and Celtic are both massive clubs but the quality of the SPL is atrocious. I'd expect the current Newcastle team to walk it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 08:46 - Jun 4 with 998 viewsKeithHaynes

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 22:41 - Jun 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Robinson does not actually comment on anyhing relating to Woodman's game. He talks about external factors out of Woofdmans control. Not worth a great deal I would suggest,

He’s pretty qualified to comment though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 09:41 - Jun 4 with 965 viewsmonmouth

Stuck on his line, weak as a kitten, can’t pass, unbelievably slow witted, watches shots roll past him. Good at penalties and the odd flying spectacular. Mid to low championship at best.

“Exciting”? Only if you’re an opposition forward.

Another opinion like those on Cooper, using received wisdom and myth and not on watching the bloke for any length of time.

As long as we don’t waste another season ‘developing’ him and bailing the barcodes out of their profligacy, I don’t care where he goes.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 9:59]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 09:57 - Jun 4 with 960 views34dfgdf54

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 09:41 - Jun 4 by monmouth

Stuck on his line, weak as a kitten, can’t pass, unbelievably slow witted, watches shots roll past him. Good at penalties and the odd flying spectacular. Mid to low championship at best.

“Exciting”? Only if you’re an opposition forward.

Another opinion like those on Cooper, using received wisdom and myth and not on watching the bloke for any length of time.

As long as we don’t waste another season ‘developing’ him and bailing the barcodes out of their profligacy, I don’t care where he goes.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 9:59]

That's the bit I don't understand about Cooper getting praise for "developing youngsters". He shows very little faith in players outside his England U17 bubble, Cabango has only recently ousted Bennett and that is mainly because of the change to a 4.

Don't get me wrong, he trains everyday and he may think Mulder is not up to it, but he's been a part of a successful under 23 side these boys need a chance.
Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 10:12 - Jun 4 with 948 viewsDr_Winston

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 09:57 - Jun 4 by 34dfgdf54

That's the bit I don't understand about Cooper getting praise for "developing youngsters". He shows very little faith in players outside his England U17 bubble, Cabango has only recently ousted Bennett and that is mainly because of the change to a 4.

Don't get me wrong, he trains everyday and he may think Mulder is not up to it, but he's been a part of a successful under 23 side these boys need a chance.

An England u17 bubble consisting of players who spent 90% of their time being coached by someone else at their clubs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 14:25 - Jun 4 with 825 viewsReslovenSwan1

The time has arrived for Benda, Brandon Cooper and Garrick to become regulars . All are 21-22 or so and ready. All have good long contracts. All are keen as mustard. All have at least half a season under their belt in lower leagues.

Theoretically Garrick and Cooper B could directly replace Roberts and Cabango generating cash for the purchase of a striker and creative midfield player.

They will have to be shown patience. Latibueadiere and Whiitaker are a bit younger and also need to feature frequently and show rapid improvement.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 14:40]

Login to get fewer ads

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 15:03 - Jun 4 with 796 viewsChief

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 14:25 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The time has arrived for Benda, Brandon Cooper and Garrick to become regulars . All are 21-22 or so and ready. All have good long contracts. All are keen as mustard. All have at least half a season under their belt in lower leagues.

Theoretically Garrick and Cooper B could directly replace Roberts and Cabango generating cash for the purchase of a striker and creative midfield player.

They will have to be shown patience. Latibueadiere and Whiitaker are a bit younger and also need to feature frequently and show rapid improvement.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 14:40]

Theoretically Garrick certainly could not replace Roberts.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:02 - Jun 4 with 739 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 15:03 - Jun 4 by Chief

Theoretically Garrick certainly could not replace Roberts.

Yes I was surprised to see Garrick do quite well in the FA cup tie at Stevenage in Roberts's right wing back position. Perhaps you missed it.?

Clearly its something they had been working on in training. On loan at Swindon he was mostly used as a forward. He might be a useful player to regualrly come of the bench for a 20 minuite burst in a numbe of positions next season.

He was stop start at Swansea with muscle issues but had a good 15 match run in a struggling Swindon side. He is very athletic but needs consistency and resileince.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:13 - Jun 4 with 742 viewsChief

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:02 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes I was surprised to see Garrick do quite well in the FA cup tie at Stevenage in Roberts's right wing back position. Perhaps you missed it.?

Clearly its something they had been working on in training. On loan at Swindon he was mostly used as a forward. He might be a useful player to regualrly come of the bench for a 20 minuite burst in a numbe of positions next season.

He was stop start at Swansea with muscle issues but had a good 15 match run in a struggling Swindon side. He is very athletic but needs consistency and resileince.

No I didn't miss him playing in that position against league 2 opposition in the FA cup.

There we are, you've just invalidated your own point. In his time in league 1 he was used as a forward but you think he can suddenly step into the shoes of our player of the season at RWB in the championship.

Silliness.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 17:20]

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:26 - Jun 4 with 719 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:13 - Jun 4 by Chief

No I didn't miss him playing in that position against league 2 opposition in the FA cup.

There we are, you've just invalidated your own point. In his time in league 1 he was used as a forward but you think he can suddenly step into the shoes of our player of the season at RWB in the championship.

Silliness.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 17:20]

He played at least one game for Swindon as a RWB. it is a position he is now familiar with and can play there if required.

I try to be constructive with you but you are doggedly contrary.

You will note I used the word 'theoretically'. If a whopping £10m offer comes in late for CR23 then the club can shake hands knowing Garrick is an option at RWB.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:30 - Jun 4 with 720 viewsChief

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:26 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

He played at least one game for Swindon as a RWB. it is a position he is now familiar with and can play there if required.

I try to be constructive with you but you are doggedly contrary.

You will note I used the word 'theoretically'. If a whopping £10m offer comes in late for CR23 then the club can shake hands knowing Garrick is an option at RWB.

So 1 FA cup game against league 2 opposition and 1 game on loan at a relegated league 1 team and he's off and running to replace Roberts. Righteo.

Theoretically or in practice this fantasy is bonkers. I know we have financially cautious owners but not even them will consider Garrick a viable alternative.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 19:14 - Jun 4 with 661 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 17:30 - Jun 4 by Chief

So 1 FA cup game against league 2 opposition and 1 game on loan at a relegated league 1 team and he's off and running to replace Roberts. Righteo.

Theoretically or in practice this fantasy is bonkers. I know we have financially cautious owners but not even them will consider Garrick a viable alternative.

The facts are Garrick is highly rated within the club and will play next season with a long contract under his belt. He clearly has been working to build up strength and resilience. He has at least 2 senior games under his belt in that position and is not kid now.

Time to throw him in the deep end and Brandon Cooper this is the Swansea way. The alternative is a Keiran Freeman type signing and that did not go well. I have every confidence in them both.

I have concerns over Cullen at this level. He needs to scores some goals in league 1 or 2. He cannot afford to sit on the bench. Newpot would be good for him.

Garrick has been given a long contract. Nothing fantasy about it.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 20:11 - Jun 4 with 639 viewsChief

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 19:14 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The facts are Garrick is highly rated within the club and will play next season with a long contract under his belt. He clearly has been working to build up strength and resilience. He has at least 2 senior games under his belt in that position and is not kid now.

Time to throw him in the deep end and Brandon Cooper this is the Swansea way. The alternative is a Keiran Freeman type signing and that did not go well. I have every confidence in them both.

I have concerns over Cullen at this level. He needs to scores some goals in league 1 or 2. He cannot afford to sit on the bench. Newpot would be good for him.

Garrick has been given a long contract. Nothing fantasy about it.

2 senior games. Brilliant.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 22:03 - Jun 4 with 584 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 20:11 - Jun 4 by Chief

2 senior games. Brilliant.

Cooper was quite willing to play CR23 as a forward player in the biggest game in his short career a couple of weeks back. He had only one or two game experience in that postion.

It is football. It is quite normal to move versitile players in different postions. Potter played Grimes at fullback and Clement played Clucas at fullback too.

Like I say they must have plans for Garrick. He big strong and fast. He seems to me to have a cool head in front of goal. 40 games on his CV upto to now.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 01:32 - Jun 5 with 541 viewsChief

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 22:03 - Jun 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper was quite willing to play CR23 as a forward player in the biggest game in his short career a couple of weeks back. He had only one or two game experience in that postion.

It is football. It is quite normal to move versitile players in different postions. Potter played Grimes at fullback and Clement played Clucas at fullback too.

Like I say they must have plans for Garrick. He big strong and fast. He seems to me to have a cool head in front of goal. 40 games on his CV upto to now.

Roberts, Grimes, Clucas, these players are established seasoned campaigners at this level who can if needed or the game suits play in different positions.

Completely different story with a player like Garrick who hasn't even broken in at this level in his traditional position.

Yea I'm sure there is a plan for him, but it won't be as the replacement for Roberts at ring wing back next season

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 08:59 - Jun 5 with 500 viewsbuilthjack

Garrick needs to improve massively.
Firstly he has to learn to control the ball. Once he has done that he will need to lift his head slightly to see what's around him.
At the moment it's headless chicken.
I hope he stuffs those comments down my throat. We've will see.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 10:47 - Jun 5 with 478 viewsBadlands

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 09:57 - Jun 4 by 34dfgdf54

Loans come with strict conditions.
TBF Woodman can be very good but IMO he's not as good all round as he was when he arrived.
The only youngsters I have seen develop are Cabango and Guehi.
I never doubted Ben's ability but Guehi took a long time to improve and he sometimes gets praise based on a few very good actions rather than his whole game.d

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ex keeper Paul Robinson doesn’t rate Freddie Woodman on 13:45 - Jun 5 with 426 viewsBadlands

Oops repeat.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 13:48]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024