Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A post for those interested in future technologies. 20:09 - Nov 19 with 1942 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This combines the best of 2 worlds, the Electric Vehicle with Hydrogen.
It replaces the big heavy battery with stored Hydrogen and a Hydrogen fuel cell.
But it supposedly overcomes the problem of storing the Hydrogen under very high pressure and should there prevent the majority of Hydrogen leaks and explosions.

Whether it will ever come to anything remains to be seen, they talk a good talk.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:38 - Nov 19 with 1310 viewsCatullus

That last line, "prevent the majority of Hydrogen leaks and explosions" unless it prevents 100% of leaks and explosions it'll never work, it'll never go into mass production.

You can hardly sell a car for the masses with the tagline "only 5 in a 1000 will go boom"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:43 - Nov 19 with 1308 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:38 - Nov 19 by Catullus

That last line, "prevent the majority of Hydrogen leaks and explosions" unless it prevents 100% of leaks and explosions it'll never work, it'll never go into mass production.

You can hardly sell a car for the masses with the tagline "only 5 in a 1000 will go boom"

If you had bothered to watch the video you would realise that Hydrogen cars are currently sold to the public.
Most explosions or fires occur at the fueling stations.

Jumping in yet again.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 01:09 - Nov 20 with 1253 viewsProfessor

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:43 - Nov 19 by A_Fans_Dad

If you had bothered to watch the video you would realise that Hydrogen cars are currently sold to the public.

Jumping in yet again.

One word

Hindenburg. Unless hydrogen is handled extremely carefully it is very dangerous. And is not energy free to produce
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 12:02 - Nov 20 with 1204 viewsCatullus

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:43 - Nov 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Jumping in yet again.

Does it matter where a car goes boom?

Isn't gong boom at a fuelling station even more dangerous? That might not just be one car going up, that could be several cars and dozens of people.

Until the technology is 99.9999999999% safe it's useless because people won't buy into it.

Look at you and covid vaccines, they have saved thousands of lives, prevented maybe tens of thousands of serious illnesses but a few thousand (out of millions) people have problems and you won't touch them because, they're not safe. yet you can't see a problem with a technology that might make a blooming big explosion?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 14:48 - Nov 20 with 1174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 12:02 - Nov 20 by Catullus

Does it matter where a car goes boom?

Isn't gong boom at a fuelling station even more dangerous? That might not just be one car going up, that could be several cars and dozens of people.

Until the technology is 99.9999999999% safe it's useless because people won't buy into it.

Look at you and covid vaccines, they have saved thousands of lives, prevented maybe tens of thousands of serious illnesses but a few thousand (out of millions) people have problems and you won't touch them because, they're not safe. yet you can't see a problem with a technology that might make a blooming big explosion?

You do know that Petrol and Diesel cars burst in to flames as well as current battery powered EV and buses, especially when they are being charged.

I offer you new technology which you say we need to "save the world" and all you do is attack it.
OK
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 15:58 - Nov 20 with 1160 viewsProfessor

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 14:48 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

You do know that Petrol and Diesel cars burst in to flames as well as current battery powered EV and buses, especially when they are being charged.

I offer you new technology which you say we need to "save the world" and all you do is attack it.
OK

There is a world of difference in combustibility of petrol and diesel to that of hydrogen.
I actually think it’s an important technology, but really in public transport. Difficult to see it translating to a forecourt
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 17:23 - Nov 20 with 1145 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 15:58 - Nov 20 by Professor

There is a world of difference in combustibility of petrol and diesel to that of hydrogen.
I actually think it’s an important technology, but really in public transport. Difficult to see it translating to a forecourt

Did you watch the video?
Because the whole point of their patented devices is that there is no free Hydrogen, it is contained within a matrix and only released when required for use.
Perhaps just for once you could look at what I post and learn something.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:25]
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:31 - Nov 20 with 1134 viewsProfessor

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 17:23 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you watch the video?
Because the whole point of their patented devices is that there is no free Hydrogen, it is contained within a matrix and only released when required for use.
Perhaps just for once you could look at what I post and learn something.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:25]

There has to be free hydrogen-or where are you going to convert chemical energy? Still need energy to extract hydrogen too. Usually a fair bit of electricity to electrolyse water. It’s promotional-
An ad and again you buy it. There is a lot of work on fuel cells, you just choose to ignore that as does not fit your agenda.
Login to get fewer ads

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:37 - Nov 20 with 1133 viewscontroversial_jack

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 01:09 - Nov 20 by Professor

One word

Hindenburg. Unless hydrogen is handled extremely carefully it is very dangerous. And is not energy free to produce

Correct! It requires very high pressure to compress - very expensive, and has to have very robust cylinders to contain it. Not something i'd want in the same vehicle i was driving.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:53 - Nov 20 with 1129 viewsCatullus

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 14:48 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

OK

I initially said that until it reached a certain level of safety it wouldn't be accepted. Isn't that what you keep saying about vaccines, we shouldn't use them until they are properly tested, safe.

Do petrol and diesel cars explode as often as these cars do? What happens if there's a serious accident and fuel leaks?

I haven't attacked the tech I have just done what you did with vaccines and questioned if it's safe. if it isn't safe it can't be mass produced and sold sold.

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 19:01 - Nov 20 with 1125 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:53 - Nov 20 by Catullus

I initially said that until it reached a certain level of safety it wouldn't be accepted. Isn't that what you keep saying about vaccines, we shouldn't use them until they are properly tested, safe.

Do petrol and diesel cars explode as often as these cars do? What happens if there's a serious accident and fuel leaks?

I haven't attacked the tech I have just done what you did with vaccines and questioned if it's safe. if it isn't safe it can't be mass produced and sold sold.

You didn't bother to look at the Video.
It clearly explains that the Hydrogen is kept in a solid matrix and only released when required in a controlled fashion, unlike conventional Hydrogen powered cars which use very highly pressurised Hydrogen.
It is the refueling process under very high pressure that is where the danger lies.
This is completely negated by the new technology, which is also cheaper.

You carry on making excuses for attacking it, I couldn't give a toss, it just makes you look biased against anything I post and stupid to boot.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 19:04 - Nov 20 with 1124 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:31 - Nov 20 by Professor

There has to be free hydrogen-or where are you going to convert chemical energy? Still need energy to extract hydrogen too. Usually a fair bit of electricity to electrolyse water. It’s promotional-
An ad and again you buy it. There is a lot of work on fuel cells, you just choose to ignore that as does not fit your agenda.

You still haven't looked at the technology, they explain every single one of your points and actually use fuel cells in their process.
I just can't be bothered to discuss it with someone who just wants to rubbish it without bothering to understand what it offers.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 19:26 - Nov 20 with 1111 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:37 - Nov 20 by controversial_jack

Correct! It requires very high pressure to compress - very expensive, and has to have very robust cylinders to contain it. Not something i'd want in the same vehicle i was driving.

Why don't you watch the video instead of parroting the prof?
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 19:39 - Nov 20 with 1107 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 18:31 - Nov 20 by Professor

"There is a lot of work on fuel cells"
Don't show your ignorance, Ford Motor Co were working on Fuel Cells back in the early 2000s while I was there, as if I wouldn't know about them with my interests in Engineering & Science.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2002-ford-focus-fcv/
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:35 - Nov 20 with 1095 viewsDr_Winston

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 19:39 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

"There is a lot of work on fuel cells"
Don't show your ignorance, Ford Motor Co were working on Fuel Cells back in the early 2000s while I was there, as if I wouldn't know about them with my interests in Engineering & Science.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2002-ford-focus-fcv/

Did you work in the Canteen?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 21:46 - Nov 20 with 1075 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 20:35 - Nov 20 by Dr_Winston

Did you work in the Canteen?

Ha ha.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 08:39 - Nov 21 with 1026 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just stick with EV the technology is improving all the time so is their range.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 09:03 - Nov 21 with 1018 viewsgrabsplatter

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 08:39 - Nov 21 by felixstowe_jack

The infrastructure needs to improve massively & I don't see that happening currently.
For those of us who haven't got the option of home charging facilities (terraced house) they're a non starter.
I ordered a new car last month, it's petrol engined. There's a plug in hybrid variant of the model I've ordered but I've no way of charging it 🤷‍♂️
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 09:37 - Nov 21 with 1014 viewssw02sea

Thanks for posting video. Really interesting.
Any new technologies that are developed to help future generations lower the green house gases, has to be a positive step forwards, no matter how you look at it.
On a different note, The mining of ores for electric batteries, and the difficulties in recycling them, was always going to be a huge problem, going forwards
But again, new technologies are helping to recycle up to 95% of the materials used.

https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-transition/technology-breakthrough-as-northv
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 10:40 - Nov 21 with 1003 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 08:39 - Nov 21 by felixstowe_jack

Why do you want to pay around £10,000 more for an EV, do you have money to burn?
Because most of us don't.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 13:07 - Nov 21 with 985 viewsCatullus

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 19:01 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

You didn't bother to look at the Video.
It clearly explains that the Hydrogen is kept in a solid matrix and only released when required in a controlled fashion, unlike conventional Hydrogen powered cars which use very highly pressurised Hydrogen.
It is the refueling process under very high pressure that is where the danger lies.
This is completely negated by the new technology, which is also cheaper.

You carry on making excuses for attacking it, I couldn't give a toss, it just makes you look biased against anything I post and stupid to boot.

Ok then, you said,

"But it supposedly overcomes the problem of storing the Hydrogen under very high pressure and should there prevent the majority of Hydrogen leaks and explosions."

So it only supposedly overcomes the problem and when you say majority, how big is that majority, does it cut out 60/70/80 or 90% of explosions. Then , if the biggest risk is at refuelling, what if a refuelling station is full and a car goes boom, will they all go up? That's assuming a refuelling station holds multiple cars.

Again it's a safety issue. You like this tech though so you'll push it. Yet with vaccines....

You know what I find odd, you are an engineer, you worked for Ford so I can accept you know more about this than me. What's odd is that the professor is an expert in his field yet you won't believe him.

Maybe as an ex Ford employee I should just call you a paid liar? Are you just a stooge for the tech company here? I don't really believe that mind, I'm just pointing out that while you refuse to believe an expert in his field you somehow expect others to believe you.

PS, name calling, naughty boy, you know it's not allowed.

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 14:21 - Nov 21 with 977 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 13:07 - Nov 21 by Catullus

Ok then, you said,

"But it supposedly overcomes the problem of storing the Hydrogen under very high pressure and should there prevent the majority of Hydrogen leaks and explosions."

So it only supposedly overcomes the problem and when you say majority, how big is that majority, does it cut out 60/70/80 or 90% of explosions. Then , if the biggest risk is at refuelling, what if a refuelling station is full and a car goes boom, will they all go up? That's assuming a refuelling station holds multiple cars.

Again it's a safety issue. You like this tech though so you'll push it. Yet with vaccines....

You know what I find odd, you are an engineer, you worked for Ford so I can accept you know more about this than me. What's odd is that the professor is an expert in his field yet you won't believe him.

Maybe as an ex Ford employee I should just call you a paid liar? Are you just a stooge for the tech company here? I don't really believe that mind, I'm just pointing out that while you refuse to believe an expert in his field you somehow expect others to believe you.

Did you read the last line that I wrote on the OP?
Obviously not because you quoted "That last line, "prevent the majority of Hydrogen leaks and explosions"
Well you need to look a bit closer, maybe you need glasses.
The last line I wrote says
"Whether it will ever come to anything remains to be seen, they talk a good talk."

Which to anyone with a lick of sense means I don't know.
But I put the data out there for you to make in informed decision based on the data in the video, not on what I said.
If you are not interested in learning about the technology don't watch the video, but don't attack their science without at least watching and trying to understand it.
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 15:07 - Nov 21 with 971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 13:07 - Nov 21 by Catullus

Ok then, you said,

Re not believeing prof, I don't believe him because there are just as knowledgable professors (Virologists) and actual patient treating Doctors than him who I do believe.
He has been insulting and denigrating doctors, nurses, scientists and anybody of whatever walk of life who he disagrees with for the last year or more.
What kind of professor needs to do that?
By all means attack the data, information or science, but not the source or the persons when he knows nothing about them.
Not only that he has been found wrong, especially with his off the cuff general statements that are not his speciality, but you still believe him anyway.

ps, where did I say I like the tech?
A post for those interested in future technologies. on 15:38 - Nov 21 with 960 viewsCatullus

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 15:07 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Re not believeing prof, I don't believe him because there are just as knowledgable professors (Virologists) and actual patient treating Doctors than him who I do believe.
He has been insulting and denigrating doctors, nurses, scientists and anybody of whatever walk of life who he disagrees with for the last year or more.
What kind of professor needs to do that?
By all means attack the data, information or science, but not the source or the persons when he knows nothing about them.
Not only that he has been found wrong, especially with his off the cuff general statements that are not his speciality, but you still believe him anyway.

ps, where did I say I like the tech?

You don't like the tech? What's the problem then?

It doesn't work, it's dangerous so until it does work and is safe we can ignore it.

If somebody else insults you does that give you the right to insult me? Now that you insulted me does that give me the right to insult you?

The Prof, by the way, has spoken to people who are experts in these fields, he understands the information and data which is more than you or I do.

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 16:03 - Nov 21 with 953 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A post for those interested in future technologies. on 10:40 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Why do you want to pay around £10,000 more for an EV, do you have money to burn?
Because most of us don't.

They don't cost anywhere near £10,000 more than a petrol or diesel equivalent.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024