Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How far should we go to keep Manning ? 19:38 - May 10 with 2065 viewsKeithHaynes

Excellent report from Liam tomorrow.

But what do you think ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:33 - May 10 with 1980 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Manning money will come from the new US investment. It is added to trading losses. The statement should read "how far should the US investors go to keep Manning". This is not good for fans who say "we need new owners" while saying "Yanks pay the man".

Wise sage since Toshack era

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:33 - May 10 with 1981 viewsbuilthjack

10k a week, then a bonus if promoted and he has played a large percentage ofgames
He is decent going forward but leaves big gaps at the back. Noticeable from the stands.
Take it or leave it.. give him a fortnight..

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:40 - May 10 with 1970 viewsKeithHaynes

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:33 - May 10 by builthjack

10k a week, then a bonus if promoted and he has played a large percentage ofgames
He is decent going forward but leaves big gaps at the back. Noticeable from the stands.
Take it or leave it.. give him a fortnight..

He’s on more than that now 😂

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:44 - May 10 with 1959 viewsbuilthjack

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:40 - May 10 by KeithHaynes

He’s on more than that now 😂

I know. How much will he get elsewhere?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:57 - May 10 with 1933 viewsKeithHaynes

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:44 - May 10 by builthjack

I know. How much will he get elsewhere?

There’s plenty who will pay mate, that’s the issue.

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:02 - May 10 with 1923 viewsbuilthjack

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:57 - May 10 by KeithHaynes

There’s plenty who will pay mate, that’s the issue.

I guess it depends on the clubs total budget for the season, but he is not worth anywhere near what he is asking. Go over the top with him and others will want more.

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:39 - May 10 with 1864 viewsWhiterockin

15k a week for 3 years with a promotion and relegation clauses built in. That's over £2.3M in total and should be more than enough for us to pay a championship player.
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:55 - May 10 with 1827 viewsReslovenSwan1

No one wanted Manning last year. No offers in January. Like Ogbene it was telegraphed he was running down his deal and has done it before. There is no transfer profit in Manning without playing hard ball.

Manning can be replaced.Piroe is the man the club should tie down .He guarantees 15-20 goals season is only 22-23 has massive transfer fee upside. His £20k+ a week for two seasons £2m will be easily recovered by a future transfer fee. He should be Swansea's best paid player.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:58 - May 10 with 1819 viewsswan_si

do we have a cap on players wages? if so, if he's not already on it, then that's our limit.
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:58 - May 10 with 1819 viewsKeithHaynes

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:55 - May 10 by ReslovenSwan1

No one wanted Manning last year. No offers in January. Like Ogbene it was telegraphed he was running down his deal and has done it before. There is no transfer profit in Manning without playing hard ball.

Manning can be replaced.Piroe is the man the club should tie down .He guarantees 15-20 goals season is only 22-23 has massive transfer fee upside. His £20k+ a week for two seasons £2m will be easily recovered by a future transfer fee. He should be Swansea's best paid player.

I would say that Manning has his ducks already lined up. Like Ogbene. Who I still believe we will sign.

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 23:29 - May 10 with 1707 viewsRichardO

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 21:58 - May 10 by KeithHaynes

I would say that Manning has his ducks already lined up. Like Ogbene. Who I still believe we will sign.

Manning has had a lack of concentration with reference to his defensive game and while he is an asset going forward I would rather a young solid full back who is able to cope with pacey wingers as well as a second forward player preferably a winger with pace. If we have them out on loan or coming through the ranks then I would not bust the bank to keep Manning didn't Ben Davies take his chance at a young age, would you be worried about inexperienced youngster making mistakes we have players who make them already, Manning being one of them, given the restrictions in the style of play placed on them.
I liked what little I saw of Obgeta and would be happy to have him back so we could concentrate on increasing the threat we pose down the righthand side allowing the change of the point of attack to be switched a lot quick than it is at the moment.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 9:40]
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 09:03 - May 11 with 1543 viewsKeithHaynes

The incredible Ryan Manning factor in a season where money is the big issue 11th May 2023 08:39
Ryan Manning will be out of contract next month and can decide his own destiny with the season now concluded. Surprisingly he has stalled on announcing a new club, and late indications are he would be interested in one more pow wow with the Swans now that new investors are pretty much in place. 0

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 09:50 - May 11 with 1495 viewsRichardO

Is it a good option to down playing the clubs finances to stop other clubs expecting players on the cheap or does it encourage them to test òur resolve.
Conversely does announcing new investment do the same but with the bonus of possibly of attracting better players or would it encourage lesser players to push for more than they can get elsewhere and selling clubs to do the same?
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 09:57 - May 11 with 1489 viewsjojaca

He's a good championship player and no more, move him on. The only player that would be hard to replace is our 20 goal striker.

Even when you know, you never know?

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 10:16 - May 11 with 1477 viewswhiterock

Our average wage should be £10k a week for most players and up to £15k for a 20 goal a season striker, I believe its a lot higher, hopefully the younger players are not on this type of money. Basically we are spending more than we are taking in, that's not sustainable and its not where I want us to be.
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 11:48 - May 11 with 1425 viewsKeithHaynes

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 10:16 - May 11 by whiterock

Our average wage should be £10k a week for most players and up to £15k for a 20 goal a season striker, I believe its a lot higher, hopefully the younger players are not on this type of money. Basically we are spending more than we are taking in, that's not sustainable and its not where I want us to be.

Maybe Grimes and Ntcham over 15 ish, but it’s sketchy.

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 11:53 - May 11 with 1420 viewswhiterock

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 11:48 - May 11 by KeithHaynes

Maybe Grimes and Ntcham over 15 ish, but it’s sketchy.

Sure you are right but should be balanced with Cooper on say £5k

4 players on £15k (Ntcham, Piroe, Allen, Grimes)
10 players on £10k
10 players on £5k or less

Guess work
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 11:56 - May 11 with 1420 viewsWhiterockin

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 10:16 - May 11 by whiterock

This may surprise you.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/swansea-city/

I believe this may well not include the signing on fees for some players and is a little out of date because some players have signed new contracts recently. I expect Keith will highlight any glaring errors. If true the £20K a week for Fin Stevens, even if we were only 25% could be an example of why some loanees are dispensed with quickly.
How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 16:22 - May 12 with 1214 viewsandrew

Naughton wages if what’s reported is true should cover manning and piroes bumper contracts alone.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 20:24 - May 12 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

How far should we go to keep Manning ? on 16:22 - May 12 by andrew

Naughton wages if what’s reported is true should cover manning and piroes bumper contracts alone.

Naughton’s wages are pretty high for what he gave us this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024