Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe 16:12 - Apr 4 with 4148 viewsWhiterockin

The yellow poles to mount cameras have been erected. Going North the first is just after the small roundabout the next is this side of the mond roundabout, then the other side of the roundabout with the 4th as you arrive at pontadawe roundabout. Obviously where these are placed they are going to be 40mph average speed cameras when operating. Just a warning if you use this road.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 17:30 - Apr 4 with 4088 viewsFlashberryjack

Bloody ridiculous.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 17:35 - Apr 4 with 4078 viewsWhiterockin

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 17:30 - Apr 4 by Flashberryjack

Bloody ridiculous.

I know, my biggest concern is those who are scared to break the limit and toddle along at 30-35mpn and there is often nowhere safe to pass them. I expect a rise in accidents.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 18:30 - Apr 4 with 4033 viewsDr_Winston

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 17:35 - Apr 4 by Whiterockin

I know, my biggest concern is those who are scared to break the limit and toddle along at 30-35mpn and there is often nowhere safe to pass them. I expect a rise in accidents.

There were plenty of drivers too scared to do more than 45mph on that road when it was a 60 limit.

I've got no problem with them putting cameras up as there were far too many nutters doing 80-90 along there, but dropping the limit as well is a petty, vindictive cash grabbing move which has absolutely nothing to do with safety. If if was safety related they'd be putting lights up.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 21:54]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 18:32 - Apr 4 with 4033 viewsmajorraglan

There’s been a fair few nasty smashes in that section of road, but I think 40mph is ridiculous. By all means install the speed cameras but keep the current speed limit whether it’s 50 or a national and use the cameras to enforce it. It’s the headers going to fast which is the issue.
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 19:05 - Apr 4 with 4003 viewsWhiterockin

I've no issue with camaras but as others say 40 is too low on there with no real overtaking places. There are loads of hgv's on that road, you just know they will be tailgating and making drivers nervous.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 21:27 - Apr 4 with 3901 viewsFlashberryjack

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 17:35 - Apr 4 by Whiterockin

I travel on that road frequently, and it's a bloody nightmare, some driver doing at 30-35 mph being tailgated by a lorry or large van followed by 20 other vehicles , all looking to overtake.

"Expect is rise in accidents" I think it's a certainty.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 21:59 - Apr 4 with 3864 viewsDr_Winston

They're making a mistake by targeting both sections anyway.

Mrs Winston lives in Glais so I'm back and fore the Ynysforgan/Mond Roundabout stretch at least four or five times a week in all conditions and it's perfectly safe at 60. I do however think that the Mond/Pontardawe stretch can be dicey to drive in the dark as it's got a lot more bends and unexpected dips in it.

As I previously said though, if it was about safety they'd be taking steps to improve visibility on that part. Better road markings. More lighting. That costs money though. Dropping the speed limit and also installing cameras will generate it.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 22:00]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 22:18 - Apr 4 with 3842 viewsangryjack

Everybody start using thd old road and burn the cameras there..soon be a backlash if everyone congested the old roads..
Login to get fewer ads

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 09:40 - Apr 5 with 3727 viewsEagleEye

Perhaps it’s being done to save the environment like the 50mph motorway system that is ever increasing across South Wales ?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 9:50]
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 10:20 - Apr 5 with 3707 viewsDr_Winston

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 22:18 - Apr 4 by angryjack

Everybody start using thd old road and burn the cameras there..soon be a backlash if everyone congested the old roads..

Not a bad idea. Just be careful going through Ynysforgan as there's often a mobile unit on the dip down into Clydach. Likewise on Pontardawe Road before Coed Gwylim Park.

They're rarely there during the week though. More lucrative at evenings and weekends.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 10:02 - May 11 with 3212 viewsWhiterockin

The camaras have been in place for a week and I believe they are now switched on.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 12:54 - May 11 with 3150 viewsRobbie

Just returned to Ponty from a shopping trip to ASDA .

One lead car tottering alomg at 30 mph causing a long tailback behind , I spent more time cheking my rear view mirror and dreading seeing a chancer or two trying to overtake .

Unfortunately I feel it will only be a matter of time before an impatient driver decides to risk a manoevre , and , cause carnage involving others .

As with mobile phone users and driving , another law totally ignored by many , how do you improve driving standards when some motorists do not give a damn about safety .

The A4067 can he raised to a 50 mph limit and still be a sensible speed .
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 15:18 - May 11 with 3100 viewsWhiterockin

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 12:54 - May 11 by Robbie

Just returned to Ponty from a shopping trip to ASDA .

One lead car tottering alomg at 30 mph causing a long tailback behind , I spent more time cheking my rear view mirror and dreading seeing a chancer or two trying to overtake .

Unfortunately I feel it will only be a matter of time before an impatient driver decides to risk a manoevre , and , cause carnage involving others .

As with mobile phone users and driving , another law totally ignored by many , how do you improve driving standards when some motorists do not give a damn about safety .

The A4067 can he raised to a 50 mph limit and still be a sensible speed .

Agreed 50 would be a more sensible speed limit.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 15:44 - May 11 with 3087 viewsDr_Winston

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 15:18 - May 11 by Whiterockin

Agreed 50 would be a more sensible speed limit.

Better than 40. Not as good as 60 which it should still be.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 19:13 - May 11 with 3029 viewsTogg

I do quite a bit of driving with my job. I can safely say it's now a total pain in the arse. There is no common sense when it comes to some of the average speed cameras.
We live in North Gower. The amount of livestock mowed down by speeding irresponsible drivers is sickening. Yet, you will never see a speed van. Come to Upper Killay, drive passed the school and it's as if they have a season ticket . Average speed cameras at Newport M4.....well you're having a good day if you are lucky enough to drive at 50mph. Sometimes as rare as ' hens teeth:.
Heads of the Valley. WTF. Port Talbot slow down please because pollution kills. Yet the steel works has pumped out poison air for decades. Strewth!!
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 19:52 - May 11 with 3010 viewsDr_Winston

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 19:13 - May 11 by Togg

I do quite a bit of driving with my job. I can safely say it's now a total pain in the arse. There is no common sense when it comes to some of the average speed cameras.
We live in North Gower. The amount of livestock mowed down by speeding irresponsible drivers is sickening. Yet, you will never see a speed van. Come to Upper Killay, drive passed the school and it's as if they have a season ticket . Average speed cameras at Newport M4.....well you're having a good day if you are lucky enough to drive at 50mph. Sometimes as rare as ' hens teeth:.
Heads of the Valley. WTF. Port Talbot slow down please because pollution kills. Yet the steel works has pumped out poison air for decades. Strewth!!

They've put average speed cameras on the black mountain road now. Another one that was perfectly safe at 60mph and now restricted.

Lots of people used to come down just to drive it. Bikes and cars. Think it even featured on Top Gear. They'll go somewhere else and spend their pennies there instead.

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 20:32 - May 11 with 2999 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just wait til the blanket 20mph comes in, every journey in Wales will take a fair bit longer. I wonder how the delivery drivers will do with this, DPD, Amazon etc.
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 21:18 - May 11 with 2990 viewsbritferry

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 20:32 - May 11 by SullutaCreturned

Just wait til the blanket 20mph comes in, every journey in Wales will take a fair bit longer. I wonder how the delivery drivers will do with this, DPD, Amazon etc.

the Just Eat delivery kiddies do 20 on their eBikes, they are more dangerous than any car driver

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 15:59 - May 12 with 2869 viewsSullutaCreturned

A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 21:18 - May 11 by britferry

the Just Eat delivery kiddies do 20 on their eBikes, they are more dangerous than any car driver

They are quite dangerous in the town centre but if one of them hits yout car head on, it won't hurt anything besides your wallet.
A4067 M4 to Pontardawe on 19:57 - May 12 with 2824 viewslifelong

I drive on this road twice a week, even with the cameras switched on,and driving at 40, you’ve still got white van man about a yard from your arse end.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 20:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024