Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of our public services. 14:51 - Aug 10 with 1178 viewsGwyn737

Great (but depressing) piece this, largely about the justice system and policing but goes further.

NB Long read.

The state of our public services. on 15:54 - Aug 10 with 1144 viewsRhonddaSwans

Our legal system is at breaking point šŸ˜ž.
Its years of under funding and austerity, blaming it all on the boat migrants is way to easy. How ever it confuses me how legal immigrants pay upwards of Ā£12,000 to live here. But illegals have legal aid , accommodation and everything handed on a plate.
My boss is from Bangladesh and it does his head in. We have had a few debates on it. He has said he should of jumped on a boat as it would of saved him 20-30k plus.
The pandemic and backlog has also caused some of this , but that can't be used as an excuse forever.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

The state of our public services. on 19:02 - Aug 10 with 1087 viewsGwyn737

The state of our public services. on 15:54 - Aug 10 by RhonddaSwans

Our legal system is at breaking point šŸ˜ž.
Its years of under funding and austerity, blaming it all on the boat migrants is way to easy. How ever it confuses me how legal immigrants pay upwards of Ā£12,000 to live here. But illegals have legal aid , accommodation and everything handed on a plate.
My boss is from Bangladesh and it does his head in. We have had a few debates on it. He has said he should of jumped on a boat as it would of saved him 20-30k plus.
The pandemic and backlog has also caused some of this , but that can't be used as an excuse forever.

Unfortunately if he did that now he wouldnā€™t get processed, stuffed in a hotel or barge and wouldnā€™t be able to work.
The state of our public services. on 08:14 - Aug 15 with 950 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The ineptitude of the public sector gets worse by the day. Their productivity is still 6% lower than prepandemic despite an increase of 100,000 in staff numbers.

Clearly "NOT" working from home.
By comparison the private sector productivity is 2.5% higher than prepandemic levels.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The state of our public services. on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 928 viewsGwyn737

The state of our public services. on 08:14 - Aug 15 by felixstowe_jack

The ineptitude of the public sector gets worse by the day. Their productivity is still 6% lower than prepandemic despite an increase of 100,000 in staff numbers.

By comparison the private sector productivity is 2.5% higher than prepandemic levels.

Are you taking into account the increase in population that has led to increased worker numbers or just thrown out an out of context figure? Very Daily Mail.

Who exactly is working from home out of the approaching 6,000,000 workers? I mean ones whoā€™ve chosen to stay at home, not forced to because local authorities have had to sell off buildings and offices due to crippling budget cuts?
The state of our public services. on 11:08 - Aug 15 with 904 viewsonehunglow

Justice system?
I see little justice
Police basically ignoring crimes deemed to be " petty"
Chief cons now pseudo lefty right on liberal politicians hanging their officers out to dry

?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The state of our public services. on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 880 viewsGwyn737

The state of our public services. on 11:08 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

Justice system?
I see little justice
Police basically ignoring crimes deemed to be " petty"
Chief cons now pseudo lefty right on liberal politicians hanging their officers out to dry

?

Whatā€™s the point?

Thereā€™s not enough courts running to convict then.

Even if they do there arenā€™t the prison spaces to hold them.
The state of our public services. on 00:18 - Aug 16 with 825 viewsmajorraglan

The state of our public services. on 08:14 - Aug 15 by felixstowe_jack

Research published by the Tax Payers Alliance- one of the very right wing opaque groups working from 55 Tufton Street.

Most of the increase is attributable to a rise post March 2020 and a lot of the posts are described as being ā€œpolicy makerā€ roles, I suspect the posts may be linked to Covid and Brexit and all the work falling out of that. In terms of the ā€œineptitudeā€ Iā€™d suggest thatā€™s a question should pose to their masters ā€¦..the government.

In terms of working from home or NOT as the case maybe, it would appear that contrary to Boris and JRM accusations, government ministers have now confirmed working from home has not had any impact on government productivity.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/work-from-home-boris-johnson-jaco
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 10:40]
The state of our public services. on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 779 viewscontroversial_jack

The state of our public services. on 12:47 - Aug 15 by Gwyn737

Whatā€™s the point?

Thereā€™s not enough courts running to convict then.

Even if they do there arenā€™t the prison spaces to hold them.

We should send them to the Netherlands, they have space in their empty prisons
Login to get fewer ads

The state of our public services. on 09:40 - Aug 16 with 776 viewsGwyn737

The state of our public services. on 00:18 - Aug 16 by majorraglan

Research published by the Tax Payers Alliance- one of the very right wing opaque groups working from 55 Tufton Street.

Most of the increase is attributable to a rise post March 2020 and a lot of the posts are described as being ā€œpolicy makerā€ roles, I suspect the posts may be linked to Covid and Brexit and all the work falling out of that. In terms of the ā€œineptitudeā€ Iā€™d suggest thatā€™s a question should pose to their masters ā€¦..the government.

In terms of working from home or NOT as the case maybe, it would appear that contrary to Boris and JRM accusations, government ministers have now confirmed working from home has not had any impact on government productivity.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/work-from-home-boris-johnson-jaco
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 10:40]

Anhhhhhā€¦. The Taxpayer Alliance.

No further questions šŸ¤£
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 9:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024