Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RAC membership 18:05 - Oct 3 with 923 viewsSullutaCreturned

This used to be a simple thing, they advertised a price, you paid it. There wasn't negotiation, they didn't raise the price every year like insurance companies. Times have changed.

I have a decent membership (recovery at home, unlimited call outs, onward travel, legal cover, key cover) and I was paying £47 last year. Maybe I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Last week my renewal came up and I missed it, I only noticed when I checked the bank and the price had risen to £60. I phoned up to cancel and it became a negotiation, now I'm paying £35.

When did this happen? Whn did the RAC start raising prices automatically never mind what they actually need to charge?

Why can't things stay simple, like me?
0
RAC membership on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 857 viewsWhiterockin

You shouldn't need to pay more than £35 for that type of cover, there are many companies offering that who piggy back the name brands.
0
RAC membership on 02:00 - Oct 4 with 769 viewsRobbie

Like wise my AA cover goes up annually and I am now £130 per annum for driving less than five thousand miles a year , I do get overseas protection if I break down in Europe .

Very rarley I need roadside assistance , but it has happened and The AA were prompt .

Most bills are accepted as one of them things so pay up , I pay British Gas and cannot be bothered to shop around , loyalty as mentioned .

My car insurance , I really love the challenge of taking over the phone new quotes with my providers .

Never heated but sometimes the new quote is lower than my present contract .
0
RAC membership on 08:21 - Oct 4 with 689 viewsWhiterockin

RAC membership on 02:00 - Oct 4 by Robbie

Like wise my AA cover goes up annually and I am now £130 per annum for driving less than five thousand miles a year , I do get overseas protection if I break down in Europe .

Very rarley I need roadside assistance , but it has happened and The AA were prompt .

Most bills are accepted as one of them things so pay up , I pay British Gas and cannot be bothered to shop around , loyalty as mentioned .

My car insurance , I really love the challenge of taking over the phone new quotes with my providers .

Never heated but sometimes the new quote is lower than my present contract .


Most bills are accepted as one of them things so pay up , I pay British Gas and cannot be bothered to shop around , loyalty as mentioned .

Do you mean you don't move for the best energy deals? If so you really need to check for deals.
0
RAC membership on 09:32 - Oct 4 with 638 viewsonehunglow

Nationwide flex plus is worth it
Includes a good holiday insurance too and if one have health history of , say , cancer, or heart attack , the extra loading is far cheaper than taking outbreaks bdividual
Breakdown with with AA
Have a look at it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
RAC membership on 11:52 - Oct 4 with 595 viewsSullutaCreturned

RAC membership on 09:32 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

Nationwide flex plus is worth it
Includes a good holiday insurance too and if one have health history of , say , cancer, or heart attack , the extra loading is far cheaper than taking outbreaks bdividual
Breakdown with with AA
Have a look at it


We're with Santander and they do an Edge Explorer account, travel insurance, at home/roadside/european rrecovery service and mobile phone insurance for £17 per month. The travel insurance may push the price up if you have any pre existing conditions, for us the quote pushed it to 17p/m plus 130 quid for the year.
0
RAC membership on 11:54 - Oct 4 with 594 viewsonehunglow

RAC membership on 11:52 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

We're with Santander and they do an Edge Explorer account, travel insurance, at home/roadside/european rrecovery service and mobile phone insurance for £17 per month. The travel insurance may push the price up if you have any pre existing conditions, for us the quote pushed it to 17p/m plus 130 quid for the year.


Just trying to help matey

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
RAC membership on 11:59 - Oct 4 with 589 viewsSullutaCreturned

RAC membership on 11:54 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

Just trying to help matey


I know, just providing an alternative option!
1
RAC membership on 14:49 - Oct 4 with 557 viewsonehunglow

RAC membership on 11:59 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

I know, just providing an alternative option!


We were with Santander for yrs and their former incarnation
Both ate good value of one has had life threatening illnesses
Getting a stand alone holiday policy quote after cancer, stroke , coronary is an eye opener

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Login to get fewer ads

RAC membership on 15:43 - Oct 4 with 524 viewsWhiterockin

RAC membership on 11:59 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

I know, just providing an alternative option!


A bank package including holiday insurance is a no brainer for those in the 65-80 age bracket. It costs nothing to check first if any pre existing conditions are covered, they normally are and if not often there is only a small charge. Bank packages had a bad name but they are a different ball game now. Often you will also get a couple of hundred quid to change banks as well. Its really simple and can save a fortune on annual insurance as you get older.
0
RAC membership on 16:08 - Oct 4 with 486 viewsSullutaCreturned

RAC membership on 15:43 - Oct 4 by Whiterockin

A bank package including holiday insurance is a no brainer for those in the 65-80 age bracket. It costs nothing to check first if any pre existing conditions are covered, they normally are and if not often there is only a small charge. Bank packages had a bad name but they are a different ball game now. Often you will also get a couple of hundred quid to change banks as well. Its really simple and can save a fortune on annual insurance as you get older.


We moved to Santander partly because of a 240 quid cashback offer but also because money was going out of our bank account to certain compnaies and when we tried to cancel they claimed they weren't taking any, tried complaining to the bank and they said...contact vendor!

So we switched. Santanders travel insurance does ask about pre-existing conditions and when I completed the list the travel insurance took the monethly cost to £27.83. from £17. My wife has epilepsy which caused some of the rise. I looked online (for when myself and my son go to Rome for a weekend in November) and it was £10.60 so I did that.

You have to balance the cost versus rewards, this seemed best to me. It's minefield though, you have to be so careful.
0
RAC membership on 16:13 - Oct 4 with 483 viewsonehunglow

RAC membership on 16:08 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

We moved to Santander partly because of a 240 quid cashback offer but also because money was going out of our bank account to certain compnaies and when we tried to cancel they claimed they weren't taking any, tried complaining to the bank and they said...contact vendor!

So we switched. Santanders travel insurance does ask about pre-existing conditions and when I completed the list the travel insurance took the monethly cost to £27.83. from £17. My wife has epilepsy which caused some of the rise. I looked online (for when myself and my son go to Rome for a weekend in November) and it was £10.60 so I did that.

You have to balance the cost versus rewards, this seemed best to me. It's minefield though, you have to be so careful.


Interesting
We simply paid one fee annually
At renewal we have to contact them with any updates
Then we pay a supplement
When diagnosed with my cancer they told he it would affect this years premium
I’ve rang them back twice to confirm this
I am careful to ensure they are updated so as we can be assured we won’t be shafted whilst on a holiday

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
RAC membership on 16:30 - Oct 4 with 477 viewsSullutaCreturned

RAC membership on 16:13 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

Interesting
We simply paid one fee annually
At renewal we have to contact them with any updates
Then we pay a supplement
When diagnosed with my cancer they told he it would affect this years premium
I’ve rang them back twice to confirm this
I am careful to ensure they are updated so as we can be assured we won’t be shafted whilst on a holiday


You always have to be careful to provide exact detail because we know they'll use any loophole.

Besides that, good luck with the big C, live every day to your best.
0
RAC membership on 18:28 - Oct 4 with 453 viewsonehunglow

RAC membership on 16:30 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

You always have to be careful to provide exact detail because we know they'll use any loophole.

Besides that, good luck with the big C, live every day to your best.


Thanks
I’m one of many facing it
I can be an awkward Kunt so I am using that to travel down this road

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026