Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Carragher-pundit. 09:54 - Sep 17 with 3707 viewsperchrockjack

fookme,la. Neville is poising all over him mainly cos he cannot be objective.
Bit embarrassing really and strange as Neville was hated by Liverpool fans as a player but he is certainly respected as a pundit,whereas JAMIE is simply not up to it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 09:55 - Sep 17 with 3699 viewsjruss1

MNF simply didn't need Carragher. It works far better with just Neville.
Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 10:05 - Sep 17 with 3648 viewsperchrockjack

Its remarkable how a spiky and quite obnoxious player can morph into a reasoned objective analyst.
He s top drawer no question.
CARRA is simply cringe worthy and truly should be sacked.

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 10:09 - Sep 17 with 3627 viewsjruss1

Neville has set such a high standard, it's easy to notice the differance between him another pundit when put together on screen.
Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 10:17 - Sep 17 with 3593 viewslovejuicejack

I guess some people are just a natural at being a pundit, Neville seems from that mould
Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 11:01 - Sep 17 with 3488 viewsperchrockjack

Don't think its natural, more professional.
Neville has put his hatred -football wise- against scousers and just comments on how he sees the games pan out without prejudice.
This takes some doing.
Credit to the kint

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 11:09 - Sep 17 with 3456 viewsJackSomething

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 11:01 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Don't think its natural, more professional.
Neville has put his hatred -football wise- against scousers and just comments on how he sees the games pan out without prejudice.
This takes some doing.
Credit to the kint

I haven't seen any of Carragher as of yet, but agree with you about Neville. One of the best, if not the best.

I remember reading an interview with Phil Neville a few years ago in a broadsheet. The journalist wrote about what a pleasure it was to sit down with either Gary or Phil and talk about football, both being articulate by footballer standards and with lots of interesting things to say about football.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 11:14 - Sep 17 with 3433 viewsperchrockjack

Carra is and will alweays be a Red through and through so it must be hard for him.
Jamie Rednapp though,to his credit ,is also not affected by red blindness

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 12:00 - Sep 17 with 3337 viewsJackSomething

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 11:14 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Carra is and will alweays be a Red through and through so it must be hard for him.
Jamie Rednapp though,to his credit ,is also not affected by red blindness

No harder than it is for Neville. I'm fairly sure he's been a United fan all his life, whereas Carragher famously supported Everton as a youngster. He wore an Everton shirt to training after signing for Liverpool.

I think it's more down to Neville being more intelligent than Carragher.

Redknapp doesn't seem affected by Red blindness, he's just affected by being a terrible pundit who has never voiced an original thought or opinion in his life.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 12:03 - Sep 17 with 3321 viewsperchrockjack

Bit harsh that about Jamie, there again his dad s Honest Harry.

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 12:08 - Sep 17 with 3288 viewsDarran

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 12:00 - Sep 17 by JackSomething

No harder than it is for Neville. I'm fairly sure he's been a United fan all his life, whereas Carragher famously supported Everton as a youngster. He wore an Everton shirt to training after signing for Liverpool.

I think it's more down to Neville being more intelligent than Carragher.

Redknapp doesn't seem affected by Red blindness, he's just affected by being a terrible pundit who has never voiced an original thought or opinion in his life.

You mean someone is more intelligent than the Scoucer?

Yes you're correct,I agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 13:01 - Sep 17 with 3117 viewsJokeren1943

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 14:02 - Sep 17 with 2998 viewsaspas45

Carragher was saying random thing sometimes prompting a debate with Neville to the point where they were almost arguing. Carragher kept on going down a rabit hole with debates about defence.

Neville is clever and as you say set high standards.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 16:11 - Sep 17 with 2839 viewsLaudrup

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 13:01 - Sep 17 by Jokeren1943

I thought that was pretty funny and there's some truth in it, although no one really grows up wanting to be a centre half either.

Funny how Neville brought up Roberto Carlos for the argument. Of course there's probably some growing up wanting to be like Roberto Carlos. But Roberto Carlos himself started his career in Brazil as a forward, but was turned into a left back. So he was another full back who failed in another position, underlining Carragher's point.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 16:15]

I hate signatures

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 16:21 - Sep 17 with 2811 viewsPlasticman

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 16:11 - Sep 17 by Laudrup

I thought that was pretty funny and there's some truth in it, although no one really grows up wanting to be a centre half either.

Funny how Neville brought up Roberto Carlos for the argument. Of course there's probably some growing up wanting to be like Roberto Carlos. But Roberto Carlos himself started his career in Brazil as a forward, but was turned into a left back. So he was another full back who failed in another position, underlining Carragher's point.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 16:15]

I think the backs are under apreciated as a position. It's one of the harder postions to find good players for as the skillset you need for it are alot broader than for most other positions (ofc, depending on the system the player is played in).

If you look at backs playing for us, they need to be strong defensively, good passing skills, good crossing skills, need to be able to do good offensively as well and finaly needs to be able to pop a shot at the goal every now and then.

It's practically the whole package of skillsets needed, really, but because it's not thought of as an offensive position be ause of the defensive duties, it tends to get forgotten for some reason.

I seem to recall that left backs in particular is one of the hardest positions to find decent players for, so I feel we are extremely lucky with what we have for our team.

Plastic since 2012

Jamie Carragher-pundit. on 18:42 - Sep 17 with 2607 viewsLaudrup

"I seem to recall that left backs in particular is one of the hardest positions to find decent players for, so I feel we are extremely lucky with what we have for our team. "

Morten Olsen and the Danish national team knows all about this. Seems like Olsen has unsuccessfully tried 10-20 different more or less useless left backs in the last 5 years since Niclas Jensen stopped on the Danish national team. He played 62 national games, but since then I don't think there has really been a regular player in the team at left back.

Fortunately Nicolai Boilesen Denmark's most talented left back since Jan Heintze, has finally started playing for Ajax again this season after being out with injuries for more or less two years. If he can stay fit now and get regular playing time at club level the national team spot might be his for the next decade or more without any real competition unless a new younger talent shows up.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2013 18:45]

I hate signatures

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024