Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread 22:40 - Oct 10 with 44869 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 14:27]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:56 - Oct 15 with 1922 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 15 by Starsky

Amat could be the answer in a settled side

He is also making too many mistakes ala ff
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:56 - Oct 15 with 1922 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 15 by Shonky

I've long held my silence on Fernandez as I thought that an Argentine international would eventually show his class, but all evidence is repeatedly showing that he is an utter liability. He cant even pass the ball 7 yards.

He's never been able to pass the ball. That was obvious from day one.

He used to be good enough at other parts of defending though but they've all deserted him over the last eighteen months.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:58 - Oct 15 with 1880 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:50 - Oct 15 by jruss1

FG didn't rate Mcburnie either. People may have to start accepting he's not good enough to make the step up.

If Borja wasn't 100% then not starting him was defo the right option, we'll need him next week and beyond.

No idea why Fernandez was picked but not sure VDH is the saviour people make him out to be. I mean FG picked Fernandez most of the time as well.

Barrow's injury a big concern. Was it bad? When is Montero fit? As I'm not sure I can cope wathing a game where Routledge is the only available winger.

It looked like a kick to the ankle bone, he was limping very badly until they took him off. I can't ee him playing next week, but let's hope they can work a few wonders on him.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:08 - Oct 15 with 1827 viewsicecoldjack

Leap into the unknown here as I missed the game but if BB started with fernandez and taylor and he genuinely thought they were the best options, along with ki as a sub then we are really fookd !

If the bald man had seen games with amat and the hoon and games with amat and freddy then he would sure know what works best right ?

I'll give him the benifit of the doubt today but ffs we ain't got the next 6 games for him to feel out what 20,000 people already know !
Nothing to be scared of at arsenal but yet again it seems we got it wrong with the players chosen.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:10 - Oct 15 with 1810 viewsMatlock_Jack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 15 by Shonky

I've long held my silence on Fernandez as I thought that an Argentine international would eventually show his class, but all evidence is repeatedly showing that he is an utter liability. He cant even pass the ball 7 yards.

I thought he'd be better, as well.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 15 with 1788 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:08 - Oct 15 by icecoldjack

Leap into the unknown here as I missed the game but if BB started with fernandez and taylor and he genuinely thought they were the best options, along with ki as a sub then we are really fookd !

If the bald man had seen games with amat and the hoon and games with amat and freddy then he would sure know what works best right ?

I'll give him the benifit of the doubt today but ffs we ain't got the next 6 games for him to feel out what 20,000 people already know !
Nothing to be scared of at arsenal but yet again it seems we got it wrong with the players chosen.

I think he maybe was offering a way back for some nobbed off players. A good thing to do on paper. Not so great on the field of play

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 15 with 1767 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fernandez has been injured hasn't he? Guidolin didn't drop him.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:35 - Oct 15 with 1674 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

Correct.

Quite frankly none of out CBs are ready to fill Ash's shoes and that's the problem. Amat is closest.

We've gone backwards. As good as Siggy is, there was only one player who was going to make things happen after they went down to 10 men and that's Barrow. Given he's far from the finished article (or being harsh, a one trick pony), that's a damning indictment for our former and current owners. Guidolin isn't to blame, Bobby boy isn't to blame.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:38 - Oct 15 with 1662 viewsJango

I'm amazed at how many people still believe Amat to be a far better player to Fernandez when in reality they are both a walking disaster. Amat seems to get away with criticism from most yet he's cost us another goal today, could and should have given away at least 3 penalties already and could have easily been sent off in a number of games. We need a new back 4
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:38 - Oct 15 with 1655 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:16 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

Yep. Thst us correct. After VDH's recent performances I imagine he would have stuck with him. Bob should have done the same but I think he went fir experience. Let's see if he is brave enough to do the necessary against Watford.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:41 - Oct 15 with 1637 viewsvetchonian

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:53 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

i don't rate him at all, he may be a decent lower level player but i am yet to be convinced he can cut it at this level and it seems that the old and new management agree with me (for now, he could improve however he is still young)

Based on what do you say he cannot cut it at this level when he has yet been tried?
Sometimes you need to try these players to see. I guess FG and BB are being cautious for 2 reasons
1. They need to make sure they did / do all they can to keep us up and see "experience as the key
2. Maybe don't want to wreck Mcburnies confidence.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:49 - Oct 15 with 1609 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:38 - Oct 15 by Jango

I'm amazed at how many people still believe Amat to be a far better player to Fernandez when in reality they are both a walking disaster. Amat seems to get away with criticism from most yet he's cost us another goal today, could and should have given away at least 3 penalties already and could have easily been sent off in a number of games. We need a new back 4

He walks the same line Ash used to, and is smart enough to get away with it most of the time like Ash used to. He's a more composed CB than FF, not bad at the physical stuff and far better on the ball. Imo of course.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 15 with 1544 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 18:49 - Oct 15 by LeonisGod

He walks the same line Ash used to, and is smart enough to get away with it most of the time like Ash used to. He's a more composed CB than FF, not bad at the physical stuff and far better on the ball. Imo of course.

And VDH is definitely better than Fede at the moment and compliments Amat.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:20 - Oct 15 with 1489 viewsjackrabbit

Just got back from the Emirates. Very hard to feel positive about the future when you see us concede silly goals week after week. Apart from Ozil's screaming volley which was unstoppable, their goals were 2 gift wrapped cock-ups by the Swans defence - Fabianski for the first one and the whole backline for the second goal. As if we don't find it hard enough, we give them a 2 goal start.
At 2-0, I feared a total drubbing. So it says a lot for the team, as poor as they were at times, that the Arsenal players and the Arsenal fans were screaming for the final whistle at the end. On another day we might have even got an equaliser at the end. However it could equally easily have been 4-2 when they hit the post in added time. As I said a the start it is hard to take positives from that game. Arsenal were so superior. Iwobi had more talent in his two feet than our total team does. He'll be some player when he grows up - he's barely 20. However there were some positives:

. as bad as Barrow was against Liverpool, he was excellent today. I was sitting amongst the Arsenal fans and they were very appreciative of his play. Everything that Swans created, came through him. Everything we did well was because of him. There was nothing left when he went off.
. Baston scored a superb goal to get his scoring record started. Give him the passes and he'll score.
. Gylfi kept his head well and gave Cech no chance with a superb shot.
.We might have been, but we were not, on the end of a total and utter drubbing. Yet again we have lost by the odd goal.

Finally, it was a cracking game at times and very exciting. No real consolation I know. But what it means is that Swans can play a bit when they have to, but they must cut out the defensive mistakes. I just want to see van der Hoorn, Baston, Montero, Kingsley and Llorente involved in the action. Suffice to say, the next few weeks and months are going to be very interesting and pretty tense I would think. Unfortunately the pressure has built into almost unbearable levels now. Watford at home is massive. We cannot fluff our lines.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:30 - Oct 15 with 1449 viewskarnataka

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 15 by A_Fans_Dad

As in "You had a very good game today, Jordi"? or do you mean vdH complements Amat?
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:46 - Oct 15 with 1422 viewsJack_Meoff

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:20 - Oct 15 by jackrabbit

Just got back from the Emirates. Very hard to feel positive about the future when you see us concede silly goals week after week. Apart from Ozil's screaming volley which was unstoppable, their goals were 2 gift wrapped cock-ups by the Swans defence - Fabianski for the first one and the whole backline for the second goal. As if we don't find it hard enough, we give them a 2 goal start.
At 2-0, I feared a total drubbing. So it says a lot for the team, as poor as they were at times, that the Arsenal players and the Arsenal fans were screaming for the final whistle at the end. On another day we might have even got an equaliser at the end. However it could equally easily have been 4-2 when they hit the post in added time. As I said a the start it is hard to take positives from that game. Arsenal were so superior. Iwobi had more talent in his two feet than our total team does. He'll be some player when he grows up - he's barely 20. However there were some positives:

. as bad as Barrow was against Liverpool, he was excellent today. I was sitting amongst the Arsenal fans and they were very appreciative of his play. Everything that Swans created, came through him. Everything we did well was because of him. There was nothing left when he went off.
. Baston scored a superb goal to get his scoring record started. Give him the passes and he'll score.
.We might have been, but we were not, on the end of a total and utter drubbing. Yet again we have lost by the odd goal.

Finally, it was a cracking game at times and very exciting. No real consolation I know. But what it means is that Swans can play a bit when they have to, but they must cut out the defensive mistakes. I just want to see van der Hoorn, Baston, Montero, Kingsley and Llorente involved in the action. Suffice to say, the next few weeks and months are going to be very interesting and pretty tense I would think. Unfortunately the pressure has built into almost unbearable levels now. Watford at home is massive. We cannot fluff our lines.

Good post mate, enjoyed that.

Think our performances against City, Liverpool and the Arse have been better than the (zero) points total, but the defensive howlers at present are costing big time. I think not replacing Williams adequately may be a key reason for this, and something we may live to regret.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:48 - Oct 15 with 1410 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:30 - Oct 15 by karnataka

As in "You had a very good game today, Jordi"? or do you mean vdH complements Amat?

Your version
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:04 - Oct 15 with 1224 viewsJackFish

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:20 - Oct 15 by jackrabbit

Good post, except I'm not sure how you can blame Fabianski for the first goal. Haven't seen it back but Amat tried to chest the ball down inside the 6 yard box and Walcott nicked in front of him to score. God know who was meant to be marking him for the second but it's not the first time this season we've conceded from a set piece to a player standing unmarked a few yards out.

I don't really share everyone's positive views of today, we did very little for 65 minutes except for one awful mistake from them allowing Gylfi to score. Looked decent after the red card but after Barrow went off we didn't really offer anything. Can't fault the players' attitudes but I just think a lot of them aren't good enough.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:05 - Oct 15 with 1221 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:04 - Oct 15 by JackFish

Good post, except I'm not sure how you can blame Fabianski for the first goal. Haven't seen it back but Amat tried to chest the ball down inside the 6 yard box and Walcott nicked in front of him to score. God know who was meant to be marking him for the second but it's not the first time this season we've conceded from a set piece to a player standing unmarked a few yards out.

I don't really share everyone's positive views of today, we did very little for 65 minutes except for one awful mistake from them allowing Gylfi to score. Looked decent after the red card but after Barrow went off we didn't really offer anything. Can't fault the players' attitudes but I just think a lot of them aren't good enough.

If the ball is chestable inside the six yard box then the keeper really should be making a claim for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:39 - Oct 15 with 1167 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:05 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

If the ball is chestable inside the six yard box then the keeper really should be making a claim for it.

Similarly, if a looping ball is volleyable from 4 yards out, the keeper should be comfortably at an advantage in getting to it first (their 3rd goal).

We were ok today, but no more. The quality of the opposition has to be taken into account, so no knee-jerk reactions here, but we just can't keep conceding 2-3 goals every game; It's inevitable relegation. The most frustrating thing today was that most of the goals we conceded were due to poor play by us, not being outdone by the superior class of the opposition. They actually f*cked up all the chances they created through being better than us, and finished all the chances we handed to them.

I won't deny it - we look like a club desperate for the release of relegation, but maybe we'll be saved by Hull, Sunderland and....Burnley or Middlesbrough?

btw - Fernandez in the line-up was a massive kick in the nuts to the fans. He's been sh*t, undeserving of a place, shuns the manager in the meet and greet and his reward? A starting place.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 22:15 - Oct 15 with 1090 viewsbuilthjack

Just got back. Could have got a point from today. We were poor at the back, our whole defence is suspect. No leader in control there.
However, at times we produced good football, and had Arsenal worried. We had 3 very good chances to score more goals, but we're a bit lacklustre. If Fer didn't waste so many passes, he would be decent. Good support from the Jackarmy today. Bedtime me thinks.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 22:49 - Oct 15 with 1039 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:04 - Oct 15 by JackFish

It looked to me that Amat was shielding the ball waiting for Fab to come for it, which he didn't and Walcott nipped in. However having just seen it on MOTD I agree it was probably more Amat's fault. I hate saying negative things about Fabianski because it would have been 5 or 6 against, without him.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 22:49 - Oct 15 with 1039 viewsImAlrightJack

Oh God, this board is almost an EXACT REPLICA of Villatalk from last season.

That's it, we are fúcked.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 05:58 - Oct 16 with 919 viewsdameedna

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I dont think he is.
Id like to see Mawson paired with Fernández before assuming its Fernández that sits out.
Fernández is a good stopper and a fine reader of play.
There was a comment on here about Amat marshalling the defence at Leicester which was wrong as Fernández was calling the line.
Id give Fernández the armband next season but he needs to help us to safety first.
He is doing a good job behind a midfield that is trying hard against bigger teams.
He has played as well as anyone. Good signing.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 07:53 - Oct 16 with 890 viewsmonmouth

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 21:39 - Oct 15 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Similarly, if a looping ball is volleyable from 4 yards out, the keeper should be comfortably at an advantage in getting to it first (their 3rd goal).

We were ok today, but no more. The quality of the opposition has to be taken into account, so no knee-jerk reactions here, but we just can't keep conceding 2-3 goals every game; It's inevitable relegation. The most frustrating thing today was that most of the goals we conceded were due to poor play by us, not being outdone by the superior class of the opposition. They actually f*cked up all the chances they created through being better than us, and finished all the chances we handed to them.

I won't deny it - we look like a club desperate for the release of relegation, but maybe we'll be saved by Hull, Sunderland and....Burnley or Middlesbrough?

btw - Fernandez in the line-up was a massive kick in the nuts to the fans. He's been sh*t, undeserving of a place, shuns the manager in the meet and greet and his reward? A starting place.

I mostly agree but we also had 3 or 4 glorious gilt-edged chances that were better than anything they had. Missing those is just as bad as a defensive error (same with The Horn against Liverpool, that was a point right there).

We're killing ourselves, at both ends of the pitch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024