Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread 22:40 - Oct 10 with 44876 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 14:27]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 15 with 1504 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:22 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Some positives going forward in the performance of Barrow (second half), Borja getting a goal and Siggy looking back to speed. I also didn't think Taylor was too bad to be honest.

Negatives - Fernandez - utter, utter crap. Cork, Fer, Britton - all tried, but too many sloppy passes. Ki - didn't try even slightly and too many sloppy passes.

And playing without a striker is unforgivable - we looked so much better when Borja came on.

All in all, we showed some promise and were beaten - so pretty much exactly what Guidolin was sacked for.

And as an aside, if Guidolin had started a game without a striker and played Fernandez and Taylor he would have been receiving absolute pelters on here.

Next weekend is so important - lose that and we really are in trouble so let's hope we get a result. But today just goes to show - it wasn't the manager, it's the absolute lack of quality in the squad that's the issue.

That's some conclusion to draw after one game in charge? Against Arsenal. Away.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 15 with 1482 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:22 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Some positives going forward in the performance of Barrow (second half), Borja getting a goal and Siggy looking back to speed. I also didn't think Taylor was too bad to be honest.

Negatives - Fernandez - utter, utter crap. Cork, Fer, Britton - all tried, but too many sloppy passes. Ki - didn't try even slightly and too many sloppy passes.

And playing without a striker is unforgivable - we looked so much better when Borja came on.

All in all, we showed some promise and were beaten - so pretty much exactly what Guidolin was sacked for.

And as an aside, if Guidolin had started a game without a striker and played Fernandez and Taylor he would have been receiving absolute pelters on here.

Next weekend is so important - lose that and we really are in trouble so let's hope we get a result. But today just goes to show - it wasn't the manager, it's the absolute lack of quality in the squad that's the issue.

And not selecting the best players, you can't go on "experience and reputations" that is what Woy did to England.
We saw who was our best defenders over the last few games, but they were replaced by players we know were not as good.
So why didn't our Bob, who is supposedly so methodical in what he does?
Is it the Curt factor?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 17:26]
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 15 with 1475 viewsshandyjack

Baston was carrying a knock so i guess Bob wanted to keep it tight and bring him on with 30 to go, he was let down by sloppy defending.

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 15 with 1454 viewsjasper_T

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:23 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

surely Mawson is worth a go over FF, and if we don't have a CM better than Ki in our U23's then sack them all

Mawson was really poor when he played for the u23s the other day.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 15 with 1448 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

Baston was carrying a knock so i guess Bob wanted to keep it tight and bring him on with 30 to go, he was let down by sloppy defending.

No he was let down by sloppy selection of defenders.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:29 - Oct 15 with 1443 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yep that is how I saw it. I have given Ki some slack but he has to go. He was dropping off when he had only just come on. He has been generally poor under 3 managers apart from one season. Also we need to look at taking Leroy off earlier. There was one instance where he let his marker go that even Ki would have been ashamed of.
It really was not as bad as some are making out on here. I am just bloody mad as I am convinced we would have had something today had FG not been sacked.
There is something to build on nevertheless......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:31 - Oct 15 with 1431 viewskarnataka

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:01 - Oct 15 by GeoffThom

Amat was at fault for the first goal !!

I know, but that doesn't exonerate FF from having a truly crap first half hour when he was the biggest contributor to the fact we were permanently under the cosh. Many have pointed out that Amat has looked a much better player alongside Mike than he ever does with FF.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:32 - Oct 15 with 1420 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

That's some conclusion to draw after one game in charge? Against Arsenal. Away.

Well many drew the same conclusion after playing Man City and Liverpool (who didn't have a man sent off with twenty minutes left to play).

The first half today was dreadful Clasie. We could have been losing three or four nil at half time and no one could have had any complaints.

We looked much better when we brought on a striker - if Guidolin had played without a striker there would have been ructions. And it shouldn't have taken him more than a nanosecond of being in charge to realise that Fernandez is shocking.

To be completely honest, I think Bradley has spoken well since he's been brought in - a bit up his backside, but it's been quite positive. I found his selection today to be a surprising let down after all his comments about positivity.

Let's hope it was a one off.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:32 - Oct 15 with 1414 viewsshandyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 15 by jasper_T

ohh bloody hell, that doesn't bode well then

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 with 1391 viewsshandyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:32 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Well many drew the same conclusion after playing Man City and Liverpool (who didn't have a man sent off with twenty minutes left to play).

The first half today was dreadful Clasie. We could have been losing three or four nil at half time and no one could have had any complaints.

We looked much better when we brought on a striker - if Guidolin had played without a striker there would have been ructions. And it shouldn't have taken him more than a nanosecond of being in charge to realise that Fernandez is shocking.

To be completely honest, I think Bradley has spoken well since he's been brought in - a bit up his backside, but it's been quite positive. I found his selection today to be a surprising let down after all his comments about positivity.

Let's hope it was a one off.

if he played Baston who was carrying a slight knock from the off and he got injured then he would have had pelters for not easing him in. Seems like you are nit picking for the sake of it

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 with 1388 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:31 - Oct 15 by karnataka

I know, but that doesn't exonerate FF from having a truly crap first half hour when he was the biggest contributor to the fact we were permanently under the cosh. Many have pointed out that Amat has looked a much better player alongside Mike than he ever does with FF.

Mind you there is also one common denominator in both of the first goals, Fab was rooted to his line.
He is not commanding his box at all, the Orzil goal was a classic case for him to pluck the ball out of the air instead of leaving it to his dodgy defenders and the first one he could probably have taken as well.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:37 - Oct 15 with 1375 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

But the problem with playing it tight without a striker is there is no out ball and it just comes straight back at us all the time.

Can't see why he didn't give McBurnie a go if Baston was not right (although he looked fine when he came on). Better try a kid than no one - you never know what may happen.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:39 - Oct 15 with 1351 viewsshandyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Mind you there is also one common denominator in both of the first goals, Fab was rooted to his line.
He is not commanding his box at all, the Orzil goal was a classic case for him to pluck the ball out of the air instead of leaving it to his dodgy defenders and the first one he could probably have taken as well.

as good a keeper as he is, he has made some bad decisions that have cost us a few goals. Chelsea's first, Liverpool's second, Ozil's today.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:39 - Oct 15 with 1353 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 15 by jasper_T

Was he any good before we signed him ?

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:39 - Oct 15 with 1348 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

if he played Baston who was carrying a slight knock from the off and he got injured then he would have had pelters for not easing him in. Seems like you are nit picking for the sake of it

Then play McBurnie. He is our 'third' striker after all.

I listed positives as well - it's not nitpicking to point out that we played for almost an hour without a striker. Nor that we played 90 minutes with a cart horse at the back.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 15 with 1342 viewsshandyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:37 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

But the problem with playing it tight without a striker is there is no out ball and it just comes straight back at us all the time.

Can't see why he didn't give McBurnie a go if Baston was not right (although he looked fine when he came on). Better try a kid than no one - you never know what may happen.

probably because Mcburnie is awful

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:41 - Oct 15 with 1314 viewsMorfa_Same

Ki is really annoying me this season. Fernandez and Taylor are struggling but at least they're trying. Ki looks like he doesn't want to be here and is putting in no effort whatsoever. How the hell he keeps getting picked ahead of Fulton is a mystery to me. Fulton has at least shown some potential and hunger. Ki has shown absolutely nothing for a long time and should have been shown the door in the summer.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:42 - Oct 15 with 1297 viewsshandyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:41 - Oct 15 by Morfa_Same

Ki is really annoying me this season. Fernandez and Taylor are struggling but at least they're trying. Ki looks like he doesn't want to be here and is putting in no effort whatsoever. How the hell he keeps getting picked ahead of Fulton is a mystery to me. Fulton has at least shown some potential and hunger. Ki has shown absolutely nothing for a long time and should have been shown the door in the summer.

David Romo would have more quality than Ki at this age. H

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 15 with 1279 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

Is he? How do we know? He's scored plenty of goals at a much lower level - how do we know he won't unless he's tried?

He may be rubbish, he may not. But there were many occasions in the first half when the whole of the middle of the pitch up front for us was vacant - we didn't have a single player in there so the ball was coming straight back. It's almost impossible to avoid conceding when that is happening, even if the defence is absolute top quality.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 15 with 1278 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:31 - Oct 15 by karnataka

As much as I had hopes for Amat he's not the answer ,when we knew Williams was going we needed to invest heavily in a new central defensive unit we didn't now we will pay for it
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 15 with 1267 viewsStarsky

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:40 - Oct 15 by shandyjack

What???

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 15 with 1255 viewsStarsky

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 15 by GeoffThom

As much as I had hopes for Amat he's not the answer ,when we knew Williams was going we needed to invest heavily in a new central defensive unit we didn't now we will pay for it

Amat could be the answer in a settled side

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:50 - Oct 15 with 1217 viewsjruss1

FG didn't rate Mcburnie either. People may have to start accepting he's not good enough to make the step up.

If Borja wasn't 100% then not starting him was defo the right option, we'll need him next week and beyond.

No idea why Fernandez was picked but not sure VDH is the saviour people make him out to be. I mean FG picked Fernandez most of the time as well.

Barrow's injury a big concern. Was it bad? When is Montero fit? As I'm not sure I can cope wathing a game where Routledge is the only available winger.
The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:53 - Oct 15 with 1172 viewsshandyjack

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:46 - Oct 15 by Starsky

What???

i don't rate him at all, he may be a decent lower level player but i am yet to be convinced he can cut it at this level and it seems that the old and new management agree with me (for now, he could improve however he is still young)

The Official Arsenal FC VS Swansea City Official Premier League Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 1166 viewsShonky

I've long held my silence on Fernandez as I thought that an Argentine international would eventually show his class, but all evidence is repeatedly showing that he is an utter liability. He cant even pass the ball 7 yards.

Its just a ride...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024