Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 39614 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 11:24 - Oct 30 with 2973 viewsSalwaDale

Being an utter geek I did a bit of googling on the ref the first time he appeared. His name is Brad Maddox and he is a wrestler. I've always presumed that his intro to refereeing would result in him making the transition to a WWE wrestler in a similar vein to Alex Ryder did from bodyguard.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:42 - Oct 30 with 2918 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought Hell in a Cell was awful for the most part. The ending was quite good I thought. Didn't see the end coming as such. Was obvious that something controversial was gonna allow Punk to keep the title which was the right thing to do for Punk's momentum and Ryback's momentum.

As for the World Heavyweight Championship, I called it all wrong, thought it was gonna be obvious but to be fair, they swerved that. I thought Big Show would win, he'd somehow be on the deck, all of a sudden "I'm here to show the world!" and Dolph Ziggler comes down to cash in and wins the WHC and Show's title reign lasts another 45 seconds. Thought that would have been cool but nevermind.

Onto Raw, the whole 3 hour thing isn't impressing me, there's a lot of pointless crap on it now and I end up skipping a lot.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:56 - Oct 30 with 2907 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:42 - Oct 30 by ChaffRAFC

Thought Hell in a Cell was awful for the most part. The ending was quite good I thought. Didn't see the end coming as such. Was obvious that something controversial was gonna allow Punk to keep the title which was the right thing to do for Punk's momentum and Ryback's momentum.

As for the World Heavyweight Championship, I called it all wrong, thought it was gonna be obvious but to be fair, they swerved that. I thought Big Show would win, he'd somehow be on the deck, all of a sudden "I'm here to show the world!" and Dolph Ziggler comes down to cash in and wins the WHC and Show's title reign lasts another 45 seconds. Thought that would have been cool but nevermind.

Onto Raw, the whole 3 hour thing isn't impressing me, there's a lot of pointless crap on it now and I end up skipping a lot.

Yeah 3 hour Raw's are leaving a fast forward thumb print on my thumb at the moment, last night's last segment was the most predictable thing i have seen in the past few month's, that even my dad knew what was coming and he hardly watches it.

But even with how much pushing of Ryback there has been the obligatory GOLDBERG chants are still there which shows the crowd still are a bit not there with him.

I can see Ziggler being the 1st 1 to not win with the MITB, they are dooming him to fail, especially when he's going to get hammered off Cena now.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:19 - Oct 30 with 2887 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:56 - Oct 30 by PRINCE2356

Yeah 3 hour Raw's are leaving a fast forward thumb print on my thumb at the moment, last night's last segment was the most predictable thing i have seen in the past few month's, that even my dad knew what was coming and he hardly watches it.

But even with how much pushing of Ryback there has been the obligatory GOLDBERG chants are still there which shows the crowd still are a bit not there with him.

I can see Ziggler being the 1st 1 to not win with the MITB, they are dooming him to fail, especially when he's going to get hammered off Cena now.

The Goldberg chants are tedious now. It's just the idiots who think they're super cool - bit like those who chanted 'Albert' relentlessly at Tensai and ruined any chance of him getting over. Once is funny, every week is ridiculous.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:43 - Oct 30 with 2882 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:19 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

The Goldberg chants are tedious now. It's just the idiots who think they're super cool - bit like those who chanted 'Albert' relentlessly at Tensai and ruined any chance of him getting over. Once is funny, every week is ridiculous.

It is showing off that they're true wrestling fans and remember things. As you say, just boring. Agree with other comments about 3hr long Raw - boring. Quite liked Hell In A Cell.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:51 - Oct 30 with 2874 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:43 - Oct 30 by SalwaDale

It is showing off that they're true wrestling fans and remember things. As you say, just boring. Agree with other comments about 3hr long Raw - boring. Quite liked Hell In A Cell.

I quite like how TNA Impact is resurrecting the WcW brand in its own unique way all they need now is a Eric Bischoff type figure insulting WWE and giving away result's during their shows just like WcW and they need their own version of the nWo

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:09 - Oct 30 with 2865 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:51 - Oct 30 by DaleAwaydayBot

I quite like how TNA Impact is resurrecting the WcW brand in its own unique way all they need now is a Eric Bischoff type figure insulting WWE and giving away result's during their shows just like WcW and they need their own version of the nWo

Problem is with that though is both Raw and Impact are live on there respective nights in America, so the days of the wars are over.

The problem WWE has had is the constant stop/start pushes of Danielson/Ziggler/The MIz/Trainset/Clay/Del Rio and the overuse of the same people in the top positions Cena/Show/Sheamus/Orton/Punk. The talent pool is not as big as it was in the late 90's.

But WWE is suffering from the same problem UFC and Boxing i feel is having by not having enough big fights out there that are drawable. Cena vs Rock 2, Lesnar vs Taker, Punk vs Austin is like boxing's problem of Pacquaio vs Mayweather and Klitschko vs Klitschko, Hatton vs Khan. These are the only thing that could draw the casual fan in.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:34 - Oct 30 with 2855 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:09 - Oct 30 by PRINCE2356

Problem is with that though is both Raw and Impact are live on there respective nights in America, so the days of the wars are over.

The problem WWE has had is the constant stop/start pushes of Danielson/Ziggler/The MIz/Trainset/Clay/Del Rio and the overuse of the same people in the top positions Cena/Show/Sheamus/Orton/Punk. The talent pool is not as big as it was in the late 90's.

But WWE is suffering from the same problem UFC and Boxing i feel is having by not having enough big fights out there that are drawable. Cena vs Rock 2, Lesnar vs Taker, Punk vs Austin is like boxing's problem of Pacquaio vs Mayweather and Klitschko vs Klitschko, Hatton vs Khan. These are the only thing that could draw the casual fan in.

There's hardly any link between TNA and WCW, Tazzy! WCW were actually stealing WWF's top stars in the 90s, these days the ex WWE wrestlers in TNA are there because they weren't wanted by Vince McMahon anymore.

I'd argue that the amount of wrestlers on top in WWE is similar to the 90s, it's just that the industry isn't as big anymore. The Attitude Era had a Main Event scene dominated by Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker with appearances from Foley, Show, Kane and Vince himself. The only ones to really break through back then were Angle and, to a lesser extent, Jericho.

Now there's Cena, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, Show as permanent fixtures towards the top of the card, with Del Rio, Ziggler, Bryan, Kane just below. Their deficiencies are exacerbated by the product as a whole which has changed since the days even mid-carders could do something memorable each week - that's the difference between Attitude Era and PG for you (remember the mid card in the late 80s and early 90s had a similar feel)

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:46 - Oct 30 with 2852 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:34 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

There's hardly any link between TNA and WCW, Tazzy! WCW were actually stealing WWF's top stars in the 90s, these days the ex WWE wrestlers in TNA are there because they weren't wanted by Vince McMahon anymore.

I'd argue that the amount of wrestlers on top in WWE is similar to the 90s, it's just that the industry isn't as big anymore. The Attitude Era had a Main Event scene dominated by Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker with appearances from Foley, Show, Kane and Vince himself. The only ones to really break through back then were Angle and, to a lesser extent, Jericho.

Now there's Cena, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, Show as permanent fixtures towards the top of the card, with Del Rio, Ziggler, Bryan, Kane just below. Their deficiencies are exacerbated by the product as a whole which has changed since the days even mid-carders could do something memorable each week - that's the difference between Attitude Era and PG for you (remember the mid card in the late 80s and early 90s had a similar feel)

Yeah the mid card of the attitude era all had story lines in 1 way or another i.e the hardcore title - lower title's like that even felt big on PPV. Just look at the US title match at Hell in a Cell for instance it didn't feel big in the slightest just because no 1 could care less about a wrestler like Justin Gabriel who's buried on Superstars going for a title.

Your likes of your Ziggler's and Barrett's and Bryan's should have all had the trigger pulled on them by now, but they haven't!

TNA though seem to have been delaying the Inevitable though on there big storyline. Who can seriously take D-Von as a top level star

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:51 - Oct 30 with 2838 viewsblackpoolcol

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:56 - Oct 30 by PRINCE2356

Cena was the first to cash in the MITB and lose this year so that has now gone.

Due to my lad training with a pro wrestling school I have seen a lot of British Wrestling over the last year and the scene is really good with some excellent promotions and real stars. Of course you get some c--p but the cream is rising to the top.

In Stockport you have futureshock wrestling http://www.futureshockwrestling.co.uk/

In Preston you have Preston City Wrestling who are growing every show with a sell out for their December show almost done with around 800 tickets and they attract the best of British as well as a few imports each show http://www.prestoncitywrestling.com/home

Check out this full match from PCW

British Wrestling is no longer "Big Daddy / Giant Haystacks" with some top talent and the WWE / TNA snapping up a lot of talent.

So check out your local British talent, you can have a family ticket at Futureshock for instance on the front row for £30 - WWE for one ticket in the gods is £55!

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:01 - Oct 30 with 2821 views442Dale

£35 for decent seats on the first tier at the Arena this Saturday, but I get your point. The British scene is on the up, you need only look at how many get scouted by WWE development these days and how well Sheamus and Barrett have done.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:16 - Oct 30 with 2812 viewsblackpoolcol

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:01 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

£35 for decent seats on the first tier at the Arena this Saturday, but I get your point. The British scene is on the up, you need only look at how many get scouted by WWE development these days and how well Sheamus and Barrett have done.

In the last few years in WWE they have taken Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, Seamus and Mason Ryan. they have just signed "PAC" who absolutely amazing as a flyer - check out some of his matches on you tube.

You currently have "El Ligero" (recently voted #1 in the uk by the fans) - see the link to the PCW match, Noam Dah (fantastic young wrestler who will be the next big thing to go over to the states) as well as the likes of "Nathan Cruz" (Ziggler is a poor mans Cruz!) and thats just for starters. On the UK fans forum I was amazed to see that this year I have seen I think its 16 of the top 20 locally this year with the most a ticket has cost is £12!

For the female wrestlers you have "Paige" who was wrestling as Britney Knight who is in WWE's NXT at the moment. There is now a European female promotion "Pro Wrestling Eve" where the women can really wrestle.

TNA have a number of Brits now inc Magnus - on challange they are doing a new show "TNA Boot Camp" which features "Rockstar Spud", Marty Scurl and Stockports "Blossom Twins" which is out in December.

The point on the prices is a family of 5 can see a futureshock show for £30 on the front row, while people queue round the block to see WWE for massive money in comparrison. Its a bit like trying to get people to watch Dale compared to Man Utd, people dont know what they are missing and can see some of the best wrestler before they hit the big time.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:34 - Oct 30 with 2800 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:16 - Oct 30 by blackpoolcol

In the last few years in WWE they have taken Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, Seamus and Mason Ryan. they have just signed "PAC" who absolutely amazing as a flyer - check out some of his matches on you tube.

You currently have "El Ligero" (recently voted #1 in the uk by the fans) - see the link to the PCW match, Noam Dah (fantastic young wrestler who will be the next big thing to go over to the states) as well as the likes of "Nathan Cruz" (Ziggler is a poor mans Cruz!) and thats just for starters. On the UK fans forum I was amazed to see that this year I have seen I think its 16 of the top 20 locally this year with the most a ticket has cost is £12!

For the female wrestlers you have "Paige" who was wrestling as Britney Knight who is in WWE's NXT at the moment. There is now a European female promotion "Pro Wrestling Eve" where the women can really wrestle.

TNA have a number of Brits now inc Magnus - on challange they are doing a new show "TNA Boot Camp" which features "Rockstar Spud", Marty Scurl and Stockports "Blossom Twins" which is out in December.

The point on the prices is a family of 5 can see a futureshock show for £30 on the front row, while people queue round the block to see WWE for massive money in comparrison. Its a bit like trying to get people to watch Dale compared to Man Utd, people dont know what they are missing and can see some of the best wrestler before they hit the big time.

Not been to a British show for a few years, but have been looking at local shows for when my lad is a bit older (only 5 at the moment). The WWE shows are expensive but the entertainment factor is always 10/10, even if the matches aren't great. The whole entrances/music appeal to the younger kids.

Have seen some of PAC, just hope he is actually given a chance.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:44 - Oct 30 with 2793 viewsblackpoolcol

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:34 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

Not been to a British show for a few years, but have been looking at local shows for when my lad is a bit older (only 5 at the moment). The WWE shows are expensive but the entertainment factor is always 10/10, even if the matches aren't great. The whole entrances/music appeal to the younger kids.

Have seen some of PAC, just hope he is actually given a chance.

for a 5 year old I would recomend to have a look for an "All Star" show, Brian Dixon who runs All Star used to do the "world of sport" shows and they put on a good stand alone show for the kids. http://www.bigtimewrestlinguk.com/ he has the contract for all the Haven and Butlins camps in the UK so you know what you will be getting.

The indy scene normally has running storylines with their own championships and feuds going on. I would not recomend PCW for a 5 year old but futureshock would be quite good with all seats no more than 4 rows from the front!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:14 - Oct 31 with 2770 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:44 - Oct 30 by blackpoolcol

for a 5 year old I would recomend to have a look for an "All Star" show, Brian Dixon who runs All Star used to do the "world of sport" shows and they put on a good stand alone show for the kids. http://www.bigtimewrestlinguk.com/ he has the contract for all the Haven and Butlins camps in the UK so you know what you will be getting.

The indy scene normally has running storylines with their own championships and feuds going on. I would not recomend PCW for a 5 year old but futureshock would be quite good with all seats no more than 4 rows from the front!

As a regular at PCW myself for the past year or so, i admit that i have more fun watching that compared to WWE, stuff like Mad Man Manson, Dave Mastiff and Noam Dar are the 1's i recommend people search out on the internet as they are my favourites.

But as in regards young people going to PCW it's has a lot of swearing and profanity being chanted by the crowd, but the other hand they are promoting an over 18's show tonight which i am off to.

Also all of the shows are in a nightclub setting, so it's cheap ale galore/jagerbombs galore.

Another i would recommend when they come over to Castleford next February is Dragon Gate, which is like high flying techincal japanese/mexican style wrestling.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:32 - Nov 12 with 2719 viewsDaley_Lama

Having accidently flicked onto Sky Sports 3 just now, I see that RAW WWE has recently been in England.

All I can say about the British crowd is that it re-enforces both what I think about wrestling and also about what is wrong with society today.

It was filmed in Birmingham however, perhaps this is more a reflection on the UK's second city rather than wrestling.

Poll: DF in or out

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:38 - Nov 12 with 2701 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:32 - Nov 12 by Daley_Lama

Having accidently flicked onto Sky Sports 3 just now, I see that RAW WWE has recently been in England.

All I can say about the British crowd is that it re-enforces both what I think about wrestling and also about what is wrong with society today.

It was filmed in Birmingham however, perhaps this is more a reflection on the UK's second city rather than wrestling.

The British crowds were much better than those America, actually helped to enhance storylines. That's why you meant, right?!

Went to the Mcr Arena, huge crowd and real atmosphere throughout. No need for a Mexican wave either. Talk of Summerslam being held at either Wembley or Old Trafford next year.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:54 - Nov 12 with 2688 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:38 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

The British crowds were much better than those America, actually helped to enhance storylines. That's why you meant, right?!

Went to the Mcr Arena, huge crowd and real atmosphere throughout. No need for a Mexican wave either. Talk of Summerslam being held at either Wembley or Old Trafford next year.

It always seems to come around the talk of WWE staging a massive show over here again , but as much as the shows they put on over the past week were decent, especially the MEN show which showed it off for being good value for money.

The time difference is the main problem and due to spoilers on the Internet that would kill it for the Yank audience.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:08 - Nov 12 with 2682 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:54 - Nov 12 by PRINCE2356

It always seems to come around the talk of WWE staging a massive show over here again , but as much as the shows they put on over the past week were decent, especially the MEN show which showed it off for being good value for money.

The time difference is the main problem and due to spoilers on the Internet that would kill it for the Yank audience.

Simple solution: start at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:41 - Nov 12 with 2659 viewsSalwaDale

Like the look of that PCW December one. Sadly on a Sunday evening so can't really take the kids. What about Grand Pro Wrestling?

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:33 - Jan 14 with 2566 viewsPRINCE2356

Big bump up the board, seeing as it's coming up to Mania time and i'm being silly enough and actually going.

The Highlight which should be what sort of speech will The Ultimate Warrior whilst being inducted into the Hall of Fame. 3 hours of rambling and staring at his hands i guess ha
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:39 - Jan 14 with 2560 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:33 - Jan 14 by PRINCE2356

Big bump up the board, seeing as it's coming up to Mania time and i'm being silly enough and actually going.

The Highlight which should be what sort of speech will The Ultimate Warrior whilst being inducted into the Hall of Fame. 3 hours of rambling and staring at his hands i guess ha

Watrior's conversation with his own hands during his match with Savage at WM7 is still stuff of sheer wonderment. A remarkable man.

Talking of wonder, it makes you think that Vince has finally wondered why crowds are so much behind Daniel Bryan after that whole Wyatt angle was wrapped up in a couple of weeks. No way they intended that to last such a brief time, but they knew crowds only wanted to cheers Bryan. And that was justified at the end of Raw last night; you won't often see many wide shots of the entire crowd totally invested in one individual like that.

How much did you pay for Mania? Did you get one of the ticket packages available that get you into the whole weekend's events?

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:48 - Jan 14 with 2543 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:39 - Jan 14 by 442Dale

Watrior's conversation with his own hands during his match with Savage at WM7 is still stuff of sheer wonderment. A remarkable man.

Talking of wonder, it makes you think that Vince has finally wondered why crowds are so much behind Daniel Bryan after that whole Wyatt angle was wrapped up in a couple of weeks. No way they intended that to last such a brief time, but they knew crowds only wanted to cheers Bryan. And that was justified at the end of Raw last night; you won't often see many wide shots of the entire crowd totally invested in one individual like that.

How much did you pay for Mania? Did you get one of the ticket packages available that get you into the whole weekend's events?

Paid around £1300 for the Platinum package which means i get to have lower tier seats to Raw the night after Mania, Hall of Fame. Also 2 sessions of Axxess and seats in the first 6 rows at Wrestlemania.

Plus also going to Wrestlecon the Saturday, Dragon Gate the Friday and Evolve the Thursday, so call it with flights and them shows included around £2,500.

Agreed with the Daniel Bryan comment, just makes you think if they dragged it out longer would it have had the same reaction - i guess yes
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:50 - Jan 14 with 2538 viewsChaffRAFC

Echo those sentiments about Bryan. I suspect they were hoping to do the switch back at the Rumble or even Elimination Chamber but the crowds dictated otherwise. Magnificent scenes at the end of Raw with that wide shot.

Loved the Orton attack on Cena's Dad, he had that look in his eye like he used to when he was in Legacy and was pretty psycho. Best kind of Orton that.

The New Age Outlaw turn was something I never saw coming, surely to join the Authority with what must be all of D-Generation X except X-Pac now. Even Kane! Obviously lining up a fued between CM Punk and HHH at Mania. Expect CM Punk to look well on his way to winning the Rumble before HHH costs him dearly.

Can't really predict the Rumble winner either to be honest, wanted Punk to be back in the title frame but he seems to be going into a fued with the authority leaving Daniel Bryan the most likely candidate I'd say. Orton to be champ going into Mania so Cena can work with Hogan at Mania in whatever way that may be. Bryan v Orton at Mania sounds decent.

Big Show v Brock seemed to spoil a potentially fantastic fued I'd predicted. I was hoping Lesnar was going to come out each week saying nobody could take him, until Batista's music hits and sets up what would be a brilliant match at Mania.

Who for Taker to face at Mania? Who is there left? Batista now?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:53 - Jan 14 with 2534 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:48 - Jan 14 by PRINCE2356

Paid around £1300 for the Platinum package which means i get to have lower tier seats to Raw the night after Mania, Hall of Fame. Also 2 sessions of Axxess and seats in the first 6 rows at Wrestlemania.

Plus also going to Wrestlecon the Saturday, Dragon Gate the Friday and Evolve the Thursday, so call it with flights and them shows included around £2,500.

Agreed with the Daniel Bryan comment, just makes you think if they dragged it out longer would it have had the same reaction - i guess yes

If they'd dragged it out longer the crowd would have started to rebel against the entire angle. NOBODY wanted to see where it was heading because everyone wanted to see what happened last night. Question now is if they decide to ignore the urge to let Batista win the Rumble and let Bryan take it to witness Attitude-esque reactions like last night.

That sounds a great deal for Mania. The Raw tickets will be the highlight if the last couple of years are anything to go off. Would love to do it one day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024