Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chico off as well ??? 10:49 - Aug 5 with 23129 viewsJACKARSE

So is Chico off as well ???
Maybe a come back for Tate ...... FFS

According to the Beeb ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28655286
Chico off as well ??? on 23:39 - Aug 5 with 3026 viewsSwanseajill

Chico off as well ??? on 19:02 - Aug 5 by caerleon_jack

I don't get why so many on here slate Chico. Admittedly he's an...eccentric...fellow at times, but for the level of our club, who and what we can afford, Chico is a very good defender. He's not perfect, he makes mistakes, but no more than any other of our defenders. For £2m he was an absolute steal and I think we would struggle to replace him without spending at least three times that amount. I'd be sad to see him go and I'd be worried about replacing him with a guy whose only experience is in the Dutch and Scottish leagues, and only three seasons at that.

Good points, and I to will be sorry to see Chico go. He brought something different, and at times exciting to the game. Nevertheless all the conspiritry theories on this thread are pie in the sky.
He's off to join his mate ML, end of story.

Garry's mentor I believe was Roberto. And his aim was to have a squad who played for each other and the club, Garry's aim no doubt will be to attain that 'all the squad singing from the same hymn sheet' and lunching together as a unit after training, not going off in different cliques instead of working and playing as one unit.
If this isn't, or wasn't working at the end of last season, then ...next, and onward and upward.
Chico off as well ??? on 23:45 - Aug 5 with 2999 viewsJACKARSE

Chico off as well ??? on 22:52 - Aug 5 by TenkosBlondeWig

You may be proved right there but the overall squad is weaker in my opinion

We are hoping Fabianski will be better than Vorm
We are hoping Taylor will be better than Davies
We are hoping Ki will improve and be better than JDG
No replacement for Britton if he gets injured or suffers lack of form
If Chico goes . . .. . . .

Saying that Glyfi is a good signing to replace Michu
and we hope Gomis will be able to do the business up front with Bony who we hope stays

I didn't anticipate our bench being full of Under 21 players like it seems at the moment

....a lot of hopes !!

Amat the last of the Spanish boys must be getting a twitchy arse ...... or put in a transfer request .......

If Bony goes ........

To my mind we need five players, a CB, RB, CDM, JDG, CF ..... first game in 11 days ....
Chico off as well ??? on 03:59 - Aug 6 with 2847 viewsGlyn1

People have been disagreeing with each other, but remaining polite, making good points on all sides... OK, I give up, what's happened to the real Planet Swans where saying "Good morning" starts a full-blooded slanging match?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Chico off as well ??? on 05:22 - Aug 6 with 2809 viewsZut_Alors

Chico off as well ??? on 03:59 - Aug 6 by Glyn1

People have been disagreeing with each other, but remaining polite, making good points on all sides... OK, I give up, what's happened to the real Planet Swans where saying "Good morning" starts a full-blooded slanging match?

Agree. Good thread this.

It's a shame if Chico goes and never lives up to his potential here. When he's on form, he one of the best defenders in the league. Saying that, he can be a liability and I'd rather see Amat given the chance to shine.

Think it would be a good idea to buy someone with a bit of experience rather than another youngster. Amat and Bartley both deserve a chance this year, but if things get tough or Ash gets injured we could do with someone to steady the ship. Tough to think who, though.
Chico off as well ??? on 06:38 - Aug 6 with 2772 viewsDr_Winston

Chico off as well ??? on 22:06 - Aug 5 by PozuelosSideys

Chico's rep has never recovered with some since he started rolling around on the floor being the drama queen.

Often left exposed by his right backs, he is still our second best defender.

When he's on his game he is our best defender. Much better on the ball than Ash is and no worse defensively.

But, the flock have decided that he's sh*te and needs to be replaced.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chico off as well ??? on 06:50 - Aug 6 with 2751 viewsPacemaker

He had a slight tendency in the last season to go wandering all over the field but his last ditch tackling has been very good since he arrived. His slide tackle last year against one of the better strikers (who I cannot remember now) was a thing of beauty.

I think he will be missed and I am one of his worst critics on his bad days, I really hope we keep him. Management is easy when everyone is a team player and pulling in the same direction because the team looks after itself, management is only necessary and becomes a skill when you have a team of misfits and make them work as a unit.

We don't need a squad of friends we just need a team who want to win.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Chico off as well ??? on 07:24 - Aug 6 with 2709 viewsJACKARSE

Chico off as well ??? on 05:22 - Aug 6 by Zut_Alors

Agree. Good thread this.

It's a shame if Chico goes and never lives up to his potential here. When he's on form, he one of the best defenders in the league. Saying that, he can be a liability and I'd rather see Amat given the chance to shine.

Think it would be a good idea to buy someone with a bit of experience rather than another youngster. Amat and Bartley both deserve a chance this year, but if things get tough or Ash gets injured we could do with someone to steady the ship. Tough to think who, though.

Tate must be cleaning his boots .......
Chico off as well ??? on 07:58 - Aug 6 with 2649 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico off as well ??? on 23:21 - Aug 5 by blaine_scfc

Obviously I have no idea of what funds we have or haven't got, my personal opinion is that there's not much in the kitty. I think we are pretty much at our peak when it comes to wages, not sure the club can afford to keep shelling out big money.

Getting gems for one or two mill isn't easy.

And yet we bought a gem in Chico for 2 million and we're going to replace him with someone who costs 6 million. WTF?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Chico off as well ??? on 08:01 - Aug 6 with 2638 viewsmonmouth

I think we'd find it very tough to replace the loon. Personally I couldn't begin to be comfortable in thinking Amat or Bartley could replace a committed Chico based on what we've seen from all three so far. Chico was a fantastic buy and suits our game perfectly.

Hope this is all hot air but it seems to have legs. In which case, we need a like for like replacement and probably need to put one of Amat or Bartley back out on (recallable) loan for game time.

I'm not one of the panic mob, but if we did lose Chico and Bony before September, we're rolling the dice a little too much for my taste.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chico off as well ??? on 08:04 - Aug 6 with 2630 viewsUxbridge

I like Chico. Basket case that he is.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chico off as well ??? on 08:06 - Aug 6 with 2620 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico off as well ??? on 08:04 - Aug 6 by Uxbridge

I like Chico. Basket case that he is.

Genius is the word you're grasping for

Chico off as well ??? on 08:12 - Aug 6 with 2599 viewsWarwickHunt

Chico off as well ??? on 06:38 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

When he's on his game he is our best defender. Much better on the ball than Ash is and no worse defensively.

F*ck me, Doc - you've got an up arrow from dailew.

Do you get a prize?
Chico off as well ??? on 08:38 - Aug 6 with 2538 viewsTom1912

Chico off as well ??? on 23:21 - Aug 5 by blaine_scfc

Obviously I have no idea of what funds we have or haven't got, my personal opinion is that there's not much in the kitty. I think we are pretty much at our peak when it comes to wages, not sure the club can afford to keep shelling out big money.

Getting gems for one or two mill isn't easy.

I'm not sure about wages.

We've got Hernandez, Vorm, Michu and Chico off the books-that'll be a decent saving. And a lot of the squad are on deals in line with the old Premier League revenue package. That's gone up by a lot, and I doubt the wages have caught up yet. Think there could be a bit of room to play with in that sense.

In terms of transfer money though I'd agree, I don't think there's a lot left to play with this summer, with the extension round the corner.
Chico off as well ??? on 08:43 - Aug 6 with 2518 viewsStarsky

By "the flock"' you mean a majority that have a different opinion on Chico to you?

Baaa

It's just the internet, init.

Chico off as well ??? on 08:45 - Aug 6 with 2512 viewsStarsky

Chico off as well ??? on 08:12 - Aug 6 by WarwickHunt

F*ck me, Doc - you've got an up arrow from dailew.

Do you get a prize?

I just gave Jobbie a prize.

It's just the internet, init.

Chico off as well ??? on 09:41 - Aug 6 with 2397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico off as well ??? on 08:43 - Aug 6 by Starsky

By "the flock"' you mean a majority that have a different opinion on Chico to you?

Baaa

The posters with wool for brains Starsk. Surprised at you

Chico off as well ??? on 09:46 - Aug 6 with 2385 viewsJackSomething

Sadly true.

Whatever the reasons for the ongoing exodus, it seems that Pablo and Chico were in Monk's plans for this season. They both played under him last season and were involved in pre-season. Now both look to be chasing the money in a retirement league, which says a lot about their commitment as players to me.

I'm not impressed that we're seemingly letting them go for less than their market value. We're apparently still haggling over Pablo and the press are reporting £3.5m for Chico. Pablo has factors that hurt his value (injury-prone, last year of contract, 29 years old), but we should still be getting at least £3.5-£4m for a PL regular in my opinion. Chico is younger and under contract, anything less than £5m is shocking.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Chico off as well ??? on 09:48 - Aug 6 with 2365 viewsJackSomething

Chico off as well ??? on 08:38 - Aug 6 by Tom1912

I'm not sure about wages.

We've got Hernandez, Vorm, Michu and Chico off the books-that'll be a decent saving. And a lot of the squad are on deals in line with the old Premier League revenue package. That's gone up by a lot, and I doubt the wages have caught up yet. Think there could be a bit of room to play with in that sense.

In terms of transfer money though I'd agree, I don't think there's a lot left to play with this summer, with the extension round the corner.

Here's a question for everyone:

If Tom is right and we've got little transfer money to play with (save what we bring in from sales), we look like we're going to have trouble bringing in the 3-5 players we look to need this summer.

In that case, would you be happy with a year's delay on the stadium extension in order to fund a stronger squad for the season ahead?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Chico off as well ??? on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 2348 viewsJACKARSE

£3.5 M is shocking ...... it baffles me why we haven't tried to keep him and sold him so cheap a half decent replacement will be at least £5M IMO ..... he does suit our style and is good on the ball and plays it out from the back ... a lot for a newbie to pick up and settle into ..... OK there were the theatricals and bricks in the car park (I choose my words carefully) but I thought GM had sorted that and would make a great player out of him ..... disappointed tbh
Chico off as well ??? on 15:22 - Aug 7 with 2089 viewsDrizzy

Tedium personified.

Chico "on his game" shows up about 3-4 times a season. The rest of the time he's an incredibly mediocre defender with a decent first touch.

If he was this cultured colossus that you make him about to be, a crop half decent European teams would be falling over themselves trying to sign him for the reported £3.5m fee.

Oh wait...

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Chico off as well ??? on 15:30 - Aug 7 with 2038 viewsjacabertawe

"When he's on his game" he is/was at best average. Unfortunately, his wanderings over the pitch (which leave Ash in a precarious position) rash tackles and poor decisions are far more frequent.
"Better than Ash"? That is plain silly.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Chico off as well ??? on 15:39 - Aug 7 with 1983 viewsblaine_scfc

Chico off as well ??? on 15:30 - Aug 7 by jacabertawe

"When he's on his game" he is/was at best average. Unfortunately, his wanderings over the pitch (which leave Ash in a precarious position) rash tackles and poor decisions are far more frequent.

Ash had a shocker last season. He just doesn't get the stick on here, because its Ash. Simple.
Chico off as well ??? on 15:42 - Aug 7 with 1967 viewsDarran

Chico off as well ??? on 15:39 - Aug 7 by blaine_scfc

Ash had a shocker last season. He just doesn't get the stick on here, because its Ash. Simple.

Aye had a shocker by his own standards he didn't have a shocker.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chico off as well ??? on 15:44 - Aug 7 with 1961 viewsUxbridge

Chico off as well ??? on 15:42 - Aug 7 by Darran

Aye had a shocker by his own standards he didn't have a shocker.

Yeah he did. If he's have cut out moaning at everyone else and concentrated on his game he'd have done a bit better.

Anyway, bye Chico by the looks of it. It's been fun. Surprised if the rumoured £4m is true .... didn't think we'd get even close to that much for him.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chico off as well ??? on 15:48 - Aug 7 with 1947 viewsC_jack

Chico off as well ??? on 15:30 - Aug 7 by jacabertawe

Sorry but on his day he is/was one of the best in the league, complete nightmare for forwards because it's impossible to predict his next move. Being unorthodox doesn't make him any less

The nature of that mentality is that it can go both ways, sometimes he f**ks up (Just like every player we have) but that's why there's 10 other players out there, in a team game.

Of course bricking your managers car probably gives him a reason to freeze you out.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 15:49]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024