Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread 03:24 - Aug 26 with 25815 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:44 - Aug 26 with 1628 viewsNeathJack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:40 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

Kick off delayed. Lots of people queueing for tickets apparently.

Queuing to pick up tickets or to buy tickets? Don't give half a story man!
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:44 - Aug 26 with 1626 viewsWatchman

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:40 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

We await the official statement with interest ECB lets hope it is as brief as initial one

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 1613 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:44 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

Wonder whose fault it will be?

No idea whether people are queuing to pick up pre-bought tickets or whether they've decided to go late and not bought tickets in advance. I wasn't sure until about 5pm whether I was going to bother. Glad I didn't now.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 1609 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:44 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

YOURS as you are a daft RACIST

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 1608 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Scanners run out of batteries, according to nobody at all.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 1599 viewsJackSomething

That is an understatement. Queue stretched at least as far as posh seat entry, possibly further.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:46 - Aug 26 with 1585 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:01 - Aug 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

If we lose, I blame you.

That's forethought for you. Picking a scapegoat before kickoff. Tse, tse, tse.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:47 - Aug 26 with 1561 viewsPhil_S

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:46 - Aug 26 by Davillin

That's forethought for you. Picking a scapegoat before kickoff. Tse, tse, tse.

It's Shelvey's fault I thought that was the rules this season?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:47 - Aug 26 with 1559 viewslondonlisa2001

are walk ups allowed tonight or this to do with scanners etc again?

The scanning thing is ridiculous, but I'm afraid it's also the case that you can't any longer expect to walk to the stadium 10 mins before kick off and guarantee to get in on time.

I've lived very close to Chelsea's ground for most of my adult life and it's a really different mentality. People arrive near the ground several hours before kick off (obviously helped by all the pubs / bars and restaurants around Fulham Broadway) and don't expect to rock up at 10 to and get in on time. It's much more of a day out than in Swansea. The flip side of course, is that to encourage the same thing at the Liberty requires much much better facilities in and around the ground. Proper bars, edible food etc. At the moment the match day experience is very limited compared to teams that have always been PL teams - it'll need to be addressed though because we can't have delays etc because of our ineptitude.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:48 - Aug 26 with 1523 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:47 - Aug 26 by londonlisa2001

are walk ups allowed tonight or this to do with scanners etc again?

The scanning thing is ridiculous, but I'm afraid it's also the case that you can't any longer expect to walk to the stadium 10 mins before kick off and guarantee to get in on time.

I've lived very close to Chelsea's ground for most of my adult life and it's a really different mentality. People arrive near the ground several hours before kick off (obviously helped by all the pubs / bars and restaurants around Fulham Broadway) and don't expect to rock up at 10 to and get in on time. It's much more of a day out than in Swansea. The flip side of course, is that to encourage the same thing at the Liberty requires much much better facilities in and around the ground. Proper bars, edible food etc. At the moment the match day experience is very limited compared to teams that have always been PL teams - it'll need to be addressed though because we can't have delays etc because of our ineptitude.

Parsons green?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:49 - Aug 26 with 1507 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:47 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

It's Shelvey's fault I thought that was the rules this season?

I was just about to say that some people pick their scapegoat before the season's even started, let alone kick off in a particular game.

Anyway, tonight's story is all about another ticket fiasco. I blame the Trust.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:49 - Aug 26 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

Kate Bush I reckon - 1st night tonight, so ticketmaster can't cope with all the touts outside the Hammy O circumventing their 'security'
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:50 - Aug 26 with 1459 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:50 - Aug 26 with 1456 viewsNeathJack

If it's people turning up at the last minute looking to buy a ticket it's difficult to blame the club for that, although granted more ticket booths should be available.

But it's not like the having to queue for a ticket and then queue to enter the ground system hasn't been in place for 9 years so people should be aware to allow enough time.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:51 - Aug 26 with 1406 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:48 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

Parsons green?

If that means do I live in Parsons Green then no - I used to live off the Wandsworth Bridge Road for years and now live in Brook Green so moved a mile or so north. Slightly nearer QPR (spit) these days.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:53 - Aug 26 with 1369 viewsNeathJack

I refer back to my previous suggestion of automated ticket machines dotted around the ground and other places to make the purchase of walk up tickets easier.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:53 - Aug 26 with 1367 viewsskippyjack

Weren't we expanding the ticket office?.. are we expanding the stadium? F*ck they haven't tried to get in yet! Haha

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:54 - Aug 26 with 1321 viewsPhil_S

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:50 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

Holy shite is that the queue for the ticket office?? What time was that taken?
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:54 - Aug 26 with 1318 viewsorion3016

We are a great advert for premier league football and vauxhall conference administration

Be over there now after

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:54 - Aug 26 with 1312 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:50 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

They'll blame it on the boogie

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:54 - Aug 26 with 1310 viewsexiledclaseboy

No idea how to put a tweet on here but the Western Mail's Chris Wathan just tweeted this:

"From what I've been told, queues more to do with large numbers buying on the night than new ticket scanning system at stadium"

Wonder who told him that?

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 1277 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:54 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

Holy shite is that the queue for the ticket office?? What time was that taken?

No idea when it was taken but Wathan tweeted it about ten minutes ago.

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 1274 viewspencoedjack

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:50 - Aug 26 by NeathJack

If it's people turning up at the last minute looking to buy a ticket it's difficult to blame the club for that, although granted more ticket booths should be available.

But it's not like the having to queue for a ticket and then queue to enter the ground system hasn't been in place for 9 years so people should be aware to allow enough time.

If your a season ticket holder and bought on line is your ST loaded, so you don't have to queue ?

Not a great advert for club for those who are not regulars.
The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:56 - Aug 26 with 1239 viewsWatchman

This is what happens when the suits try to control the masses to much! anarchy! Savages!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Official Swansea City v Rotherham United Match Night Thread on 19:57 - Aug 26 with 1226 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another picture, tweeted just now. No idea when it was taken.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024