Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump 13:40 - Jan 27 with 43370 viewsLoyal

Beginning to gain momentum, regardless of people's feelings on him.

Some people are saying that he will never be President.

One name Ronald Reagan. The Americans love all this, and would vote for it to happen.
That I am sure.

My view is he won't live long enough for this to materialise.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 13:42]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Donald Trump on 03:16 - Jan 28 with 1292 viewsphact0rri

Honestly the thing about 'MURICA (Hells yeah) is that if on a travel you stay in the same region, say the north east, the deep south, the southwest, etc they tend to not seem so different. I mean there are small differences between say, North Carolina and Alabama. Or Pennsylvania and New York, but they don't seem so much.

However if you travel between the coasts for example, there is a lot of a difference. I remember when I came to LA after University in tennessee and it was like an entirely new country to me.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Donald Trump on 03:25 - Jan 28 with 1292 viewsDavillin

Donald Trump on 23:29 - Jan 27 by Humpty

I don't think any states make it illegal to teach evolution, though I've no doubt they would if they could.

I believe some insist you have to teach creationism as well, as an equally valid theory. In science classes. Which is of course f*cking laughable.

"Teach the controversy" they say. There is no f*cking controversy. One is a scientific theory, proven by a wealth of evidence. The other is religious horseshit backed up by zero evidence.

Don't be so smugly supercilious about something you clearly don't understand.

Whereas the theory of evolution can in some cases explain how some life forms have changed over time, it cannot explain how lifeforms came to be, let alone what "life" is, let alone how "life" came to be.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Donald Trump on 03:31 - Jan 28 with 1287 viewsDavillin

Donald Trump on 00:32 - Jan 28 by DJack

I think Lisa's point is that across America it is a variation of the same theme.

On another point your comment to Lancaster after, agreeing a truce, was "I only read the New Yorker for the comics" from someone of your intellect a bit (accidentally!?) condescending perhaps?

Actually, his "comment" is both very witty and very funny, requiring only a bit of knowledge of The New Yorker.

Donald Trump on 03:38 - Jan 28 with 1286 viewsDavillin

Donald Trump on 01:07 - Jan 28 by DJack

"I did throw in a couple--music and diversity--just in case."

WHAT!...Country AND Western!

Very funny. At first, I thought the last sentence was a sign of abject cultural and musical ignorance, but then I realized it was intended as high humour, and quite good as well.

Donald Trump on 05:38 - Jan 28 with 1261 viewsphact0rri

Donald Trump on 03:25 - Jan 28 by Davillin

Whereas the theory of evolution can in some cases explain how some life forms have changed over time, it cannot explain how lifeforms came to be, let alone what "life" is, let alone how "life" came to be.

The theory of evolution refers to just the genesis of life. Evolution refers to the other bit your talking about. There's too much data and monitoring of these changes at a hereditary level to discount it.

Evolution is both a fact and a theory.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Donald Trump on 06:48 - Jan 28 with 1260 viewsdailew

Donald Trump on 00:46 - Jan 28 by Humpty

Yeah. It's geographically different. Culturally, not so much.

Used to be, until they had the most successful ethnic cleansing in history.

Hitler was a big admirer of it.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/sacredintentions/item/hitlers_inspiration_and_guide

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Donald Trump on 13:40 - Jan 28 with 1218 viewsNeiltheTaylor

It will get VERY interesting if Bloomberg decides to throw in; especially if it's against Trump and Sanders - there will be as close to a real choice as voters will have seen for a while as neither party machination will have their preferred candidate and a pretty solid independent running. I'd love to see that election to be honest.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 13:41]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Donald Trump on 15:42 - Jan 28 with 1191 viewsCottsy

Donald Trump on 03:25 - Jan 28 by Davillin

Evolution is the change in allele frequencies within a population over time. It's observable, it's testable, it's a fact.

The theory of evolution explains how this observable evolution occurs.,it has nothing to do with how life came to be.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump on 15:43 - Jan 28 with 1185 viewsDarran

Sorry to go off topic but that Megyn Kelly could have it too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donald Trump on 15:51 - Jan 28 with 1180 viewsacejack3065

Donald Trump on 15:43 - Jan 28 by Darran

Get what?
Donald Trump on 16:11 - Jan 28 with 1168 viewssnork44

Donald Trump on 15:43 - Jan 28 by Darran

Megyn Kelly is a very attractive journalist, but it to the right of Ghengis Khan in her political beliefs. Nothing wrong with old Ghengis as he had a very poor press, just saying her and her employer are a tad right wing !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Donald Trump on 16:13 - Jan 28 with 1161 viewsDarran

Donald Trump on 16:11 - Jan 28 by snork44

Megyn Kelly is a very attractive journalist, but it to the right of Ghengis Khan in her political beliefs. Nothing wrong with old Ghengis as he had a very poor press, just saying her and her employer are a tad right wing !

She wouldn't be discussing her political leanings my friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Donald Trump on 16:23 - Jan 28 with 1151 viewslondonlisa2001

Donald Trump on 02:06 - Jan 28 by Thursday

You're making an argument that I didn't make--or didn't mean to. Okay, there are countries that don't have music (?), but that doesn't mean there's not great differences between the states. The differences between jazz and rock is more than the music. Go to Seattle and then New Orleans and tell me that the music isn't anything more than blasting on the radio. Just because you've experienced bland similarities in your visits just means that you haven't actively sought culture. It's really not that difficult, and it's very rewarding.

Star Wars opened in 80 screens in Tamil Nadu... maybe you were driven around by a moron or someone playing up to the westerners.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/The-Force-Awakens-Later-in-India-
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 2:11]

Of course they have music, just not western music (India as an example has an enormous tradition of music, but it knows sod all about jazz or rock - you'll occasionally hear Western music in the biggest cities, Mumbai, or Chennai, or Delhi, but hardly at all and certainly never in the more remote areas - when you do it's almost always rap as the young people are getting into it).

And the driver was not a moron - we were in the Western Ghats, not in Chennai, the film hadn't opened (as i said it was just as it was opening here and the article you posted pointed out that it was delayed there because of Bollywood openings being more important) and he had a smattering of English but certainly not enough to go and watch a film in English. English language films over there are the preserve of the wealthier, more educated big city dwellers, not the ordinary people who live in the rural areas. Tamil Nadu by the way, has a population of about 75 million, so quite a bit bigger than the population of the UK, and you say it opened in 80 screens? Do you know how many screens it opened on here? Over 3,700 - and that's for a smaller population.

The cinema he was interested in was Tamil (also called Kollywood), or Bollywood. A cursory look at local cinemas here shows that there are 7 Bollywood films currently showing in the UK, and I haven't heard of any of them - does that make me a moron? Or just someone with a different culture?

You are missing my point anyway, whether deliberately or not I don't know. I started by saying that you will miss out on a lot of cultural interest by only ever staying in the US so it's not the same as being able to travel around the world with a passport - you are extrapolating that to me saying that all of the US is identical and that I've only experienced bland similarities. At no point did I say that - I said that the major differences were on the East Coast / West Coast, but that it was possible to drive a thousand miles in the US and see no discernible cultural difference. That doesn't mean the same as 'there is no journey you can make which doesn't show any difference at all'.

Anyway - I can't be bothered to argue anymore. If you honestly think that the difference in culture between different parts of the US is so great that it negates the need to have a passport and see the world then fine. A lot of Americans agree with you. But then a lot of them are considering voting for a complete imbecile because he's going to 'build a wall'.
Donald Trump on 16:52 - Jan 28 with 1145 viewsDavillin

Donald Trump on 15:42 - Jan 28 by Cottsy

Evolution is the change in allele frequencies within a population over time. It's observable, it's testable, it's a fact.

The theory of evolution explains how this observable evolution occurs.,it has nothing to do with how life came to be.

I thought that's exactly what I said, in less complex language.

Donald Trump on 18:10 - Jan 28 with 1121 viewsThursday

>Of course they have music, just not western music

Did I say that? I can’t find it, sorry. I wouldn’t have meant any music, that would be ridiculous. If I phrased it that poorly, whoops.

>Does that make me a moron? Or just someone with a different culture?

No idea, I’ve never met you. Benefit of the doubt is the way to go.

>You are missing my point anyway, whether deliberately or not I don't know.

Count how many times I’ve agreed with what you’re saying. What I’m saying is: a lot of people aren’t bothered and have enough differences (that are very significant) and are happy with that. Let them be, you’re not a cultural benchmark. Neither am I. I’m just looking at the numbers and saying that it’s fine. Don’t look down your nose at a nation because they don’t meet your personal standards.

> But then a lot of them are considering voting for a complete imbecile because he's going to 'build a wall'.

You threw in ‘considering,’ because you understand completely that the overwhelming number of supporters ‘considering’ are doing so because they’re also well aware that there’s no chance in hell of that ticket so they're free to posture as much as they want.

>Anyway - I can't be bothered to argue anymore.

Something we can agree on. It took a while, but I'll enjoy my tea more now knowing we're both bored and done.
Donald Trump on 18:58 - Jan 28 with 1102 viewslondonlisa2001

Donald Trump on 18:10 - Jan 28 by Thursday

>Of course they have music, just not western music

Did I say that? I can’t find it, sorry. I wouldn’t have meant any music, that would be ridiculous. If I phrased it that poorly, whoops.

>Does that make me a moron? Or just someone with a different culture?

No idea, I’ve never met you. Benefit of the doubt is the way to go.

>You are missing my point anyway, whether deliberately or not I don't know.

Count how many times I’ve agreed with what you’re saying. What I’m saying is: a lot of people aren’t bothered and have enough differences (that are very significant) and are happy with that. Let them be, you’re not a cultural benchmark. Neither am I. I’m just looking at the numbers and saying that it’s fine. Don’t look down your nose at a nation because they don’t meet your personal standards.

> But then a lot of them are considering voting for a complete imbecile because he's going to 'build a wall'.

You threw in ‘considering,’ because you understand completely that the overwhelming number of supporters ‘considering’ are doing so because they’re also well aware that there’s no chance in hell of that ticket so they're free to posture as much as they want.

>Anyway - I can't be bothered to argue anymore.

Something we can agree on. It took a while, but I'll enjoy my tea more now knowing we're both bored and done.

Yes - you did.

I haven't looked down my nose at anyone - I have made no comment at all on anything other than differences in culture you can find from travelling around the world rather than staying in one country. I neither said how many would be bothered by that nor whether they actually should be - I said I was bothered by it which isn't remotely the same thing. The only one who's looked down their nose is you, in calling someone a moron because he doesn't know about a film that is of no interest to him.

And I don't care one way or the other whether Republicans do vote for Trump. I rather hope that they do because if they do, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that he'll win the presidential election (as Davillin pointed out it's the 'moderates' of each party and independents that decide and he will not gain many votes from those groups). The religious right are not overly fond of him either, although it'll be truly hilarious to imagine their dilemma in worrying whether they would need to vote for Hilary to keep him out.

People can vote for who they want. He won't affect my life as he won't become president. But people in America have been saying for ages how he has no actual support, and still he keeps rolling on - perhaps you're crediting the membership of the republican party with too much sense? After all, if they'd had their way, America would have been only one heart attack away from Palin as president, although obviously she could have kept a close eye on Russia from her house.
Donald Trump on 19:00 - Jan 28 with 1097 viewsexiledclaseboy

Travelling abroad is overrated anyway. Tends to lead to encounters with foreign types.

Poll: Tory leader

Donald Trump on 19:02 - Jan 28 with 1091 viewsperchrockjack

If trump were to become president, it might well affect is all Lisa.

Don't underestimate the ambition of this madman

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Donald Trump on 19:03 - Jan 28 with 1090 viewsThursday

Donald Trump on 19:00 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

Travelling abroad is overrated anyway. Tends to lead to encounters with foreign types.

who would obviously be imbeciles.
Donald Trump on 19:03 - Jan 28 with 1089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Donald Trump on 18:58 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Yes - you did.

I haven't looked down my nose at anyone - I have made no comment at all on anything other than differences in culture you can find from travelling around the world rather than staying in one country. I neither said how many would be bothered by that nor whether they actually should be - I said I was bothered by it which isn't remotely the same thing. The only one who's looked down their nose is you, in calling someone a moron because he doesn't know about a film that is of no interest to him.

And I don't care one way or the other whether Republicans do vote for Trump. I rather hope that they do because if they do, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that he'll win the presidential election (as Davillin pointed out it's the 'moderates' of each party and independents that decide and he will not gain many votes from those groups). The religious right are not overly fond of him either, although it'll be truly hilarious to imagine their dilemma in worrying whether they would need to vote for Hilary to keep him out.

People can vote for who they want. He won't affect my life as he won't become president. But people in America have been saying for ages how he has no actual support, and still he keeps rolling on - perhaps you're crediting the membership of the republican party with too much sense? After all, if they'd had their way, America would have been only one heart attack away from Palin as president, although obviously she could have kept a close eye on Russia from her house.

On your last para - he keeps rolling on because no votes have been cast yet. If Trump lasts much longer than Super Tuesday I'll be genuinely surprised.

Donald Trump on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 1087 viewsLohengrin

Donald Trump on 19:02 - Jan 28 by perchrockjack

If trump were to become president, it might well affect is all Lisa.

Don't underestimate the ambition of this madman

Yes but imagine what his inaguration would do for the sales figures of Cossack Hair Spray, Perch.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Donald Trump on 19:05 - Jan 28 with 1085 viewsperchrockjack

Cossack will fly over the heads of most on here loh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Donald Trump on 19:11 - Jan 28 with 1075 viewsLohengrin

Donald Trump on 19:05 - Jan 28 by perchrockjack

Cossack will fly over the heads of most on here loh

Too young?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Donald Trump on 19:13 - Jan 28 with 1068 viewslondonlisa2001

Donald Trump on 19:03 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

On your last para - he keeps rolling on because no votes have been cast yet. If Trump lasts much longer than Super Tuesday I'll be genuinely surprised.

Oh I will too. I find it hugely surprising that anyone at all takes any notice of him.

I just find it very, very funny that more moderate republicans are terrified that he'll win the nomination because it will demonstrate to the rest of the world quite how many absolute f***wits are in the party. I'm not quite sure why the emergence of the teaparty hasn't already demonstrated that to be honest.
Donald Trump on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 1064 viewsexiledclaseboy

Donald Trump on 19:13 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Oh I will too. I find it hugely surprising that anyone at all takes any notice of him.

I just find it very, very funny that more moderate republicans are terrified that he'll win the nomination because it will demonstrate to the rest of the world quite how many absolute f***wits are in the party. I'm not quite sure why the emergence of the teaparty hasn't already demonstrated that to be honest.

Nicely put. I do enjoy US election season though. They know how to do politics there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024