Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 29124 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:45 - May 21 with 1639 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:36 - May 21 by NeathJack

He won't be here next season, that much should be fairly obvious given his comments in the press.

Although if I were Huw I'd be making him actually put in a transfer request so he loses the remaining signing on/loyalty fees rather than just selling him on.

I think you're correct, and I join your "hope" about Huw.

I have seen hookers and pimps on streets in war-ravaged Asia not work as hard to turn a trick has he has worked to get a "trick" to bid on him.

But I do wish him luck.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:20 - May 21 with 1627 viewsGriffting

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:27 - May 21 by Davillin

Monmouth, please forgive me for using your post to make my point. On the other hand, I thank you for answering because I trust your objectivity implicitly.

Griffting used the following line to "big up" Ayew: "our best performances (West Ham away, Chelsea away, Liverpool home etc) he has played in a lot of them.:

Using your list of "worst games," then, five of them [Leicester, Southampton, and Stoke, all home games; and Norwich and Watford, both away games], have these three points in common:

1. We lost them all.
2. We did not score in any of them.
3. Ayew played in all of them.

The sixth of your list -- Aston Villa Home -- was different in all three areas:

1. We won it.
2. We scored one goal.
3. Ayew did not play in that game.

Who says statistics don't help?

I don't need to 'big' Ayew up. There's 12 goals to his name and conveniently a swans player of the month to his name this very month, I feel he does that enough for himself. People are saying he disrupts our side as if every game we've played badly in is down to him. As if we take him away from the side and all of a sudden it's balanced, free flowing football. I was simply pointing out that he has also played in some of our best performances. Seen as you're big on stats, I'd like to know how vital our other attacking players have been in terms of goals, assists, important passes, key contributions (penalties and freekicks won) etc? I'm sure you'll find he's pretty high up on that list. I'd even go as far as to say he's in the top two.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:15 - May 21 with 1574 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:20 - May 21 by Griffting

I don't need to 'big' Ayew up. There's 12 goals to his name and conveniently a swans player of the month to his name this very month, I feel he does that enough for himself. People are saying he disrupts our side as if every game we've played badly in is down to him. As if we take him away from the side and all of a sudden it's balanced, free flowing football. I was simply pointing out that he has also played in some of our best performances. Seen as you're big on stats, I'd like to know how vital our other attacking players have been in terms of goals, assists, important passes, key contributions (penalties and freekicks won) etc? I'm sure you'll find he's pretty high up on that list. I'd even go as far as to say he's in the top two.

You still aren't getting it.
You just wrote "take him away and all of a sudden it's balanced free flowing football"
No it wouldn't be, of course it wouldn't.
Here we go for last time...
ITS WHO WE CAN BUY TO REPLACE HIM FROM THE FUNDS GENERATED FROM SELLING HIM.

In my opinion, we can buy a striker who can GEL better with this team.

If we sold Ayew and Gomis then I'm sure we can buy Bony or someone of his ilk.

Ayew is NOT a striker. Ask him yourself.

It's all about the team. NOT about any individual.

If we can score goals more easily EVERY WEEK, perhaps it'll take the pressure off our defence etc.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 8:46]

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:39 - May 21 with 1567 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:15 - May 21 by Starsky

You still aren't getting it.
You just wrote "take him away and all of a sudden it's balanced free flowing football"
No it wouldn't be, of course it wouldn't.
Here we go for last time...
ITS WHO WE CAN BUY TO REPLACE HIM FROM THE FUNDS GENERATED FROM SELLING HIM.

In my opinion, we can buy a striker who can GEL better with this team.

If we sold Ayew and Gomis then I'm sure we can buy Bony or someone of his ilk.

Ayew is NOT a striker. Ask him yourself.

It's all about the team. NOT about any individual.

If we can score goals more easily EVERY WEEK, perhaps it'll take the pressure off our defence etc.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 8:46]

In my opinion we have yet to see the best of Ayew yet.
If we can offload a few of the deadwood, then sign a good quality striker, Ayew should have more of a free role to support the attack as well as midfield.
If next season we play high tempo, high up the field (as per Leicester) then having players who can do this like Ayew is important.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:47 - May 21 with 1566 viewsGowerjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:39 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

In my opinion we have yet to see the best of Ayew yet.
If we can offload a few of the deadwood, then sign a good quality striker, Ayew should have more of a free role to support the attack as well as midfield.
If next season we play high tempo, high up the field (as per Leicester) then having players who can do this like Ayew is important.

"Free Role" = Undisciplined and selfish.

As I think I may have mentioned earlier.

Sell him and that useless lump of lard Gomis and bring Bony Home.

It's not difficult is it?
[Post edited 21 May 2016 7:48]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:50 - May 21 with 1563 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:47 - May 21 by Gowerjack

"Free Role" = Undisciplined and selfish.

As I think I may have mentioned earlier.

Sell him and that useless lump of lard Gomis and bring Bony Home.

It's not difficult is it?
[Post edited 21 May 2016 7:48]

Are you not too keen on Ayew then ?
I'd love to see Bony home, but we have to look at all scenarios
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:18 - May 21 with 1549 viewsEasternJack

The actual stats probably help explain the conundrum (and the 8 pages so far) on this guy.

Doesn't contribute much - except for his goals - which clearly can't be ignored. Maybe FG can get him to be more of a team player.

On a side note - if only FG can get Jeff to score.....
[Post edited 21 May 2016 8:23]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:24 - May 21 with 1542 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:18 - May 21 by EasternJack

The actual stats probably help explain the conundrum (and the 8 pages so far) on this guy.

Doesn't contribute much - except for his goals - which clearly can't be ignored. Maybe FG can get him to be more of a team player.

On a side note - if only FG can get Jeff to score.....
[Post edited 21 May 2016 8:23]

That's like the old Monty Python sketch about the Romans. Without his and Gylfi's goals we'd be sunk -end of.
Ask Villa, Newcastle and Norwich would they have like a player to chip in with 12 goals when he's not even a striker.
He also had a fairly lean period for a few months. If he'd been on song consistently in front of goal, he'd have scored 20+ - not bad for a player who himself admits he is not a striker
Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:58 - May 21 with 1515 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:50 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

Are you not too keen on Ayew then ?
I'd love to see Bony home, but we have to look at all scenarios

We are not saying he isn't a good player. We are saying he's not totally suited to our team.

He's worth a substantial transfer if we sell him. To be honest, if Siggy wasn't here I wouldn't be having this debate. I'd stick him in the hole. Probably would work out there.

When Erikson kept Siggy out of the side at Spurs ... Where else were Spurs going to play him?

Siggy, a good player, wasn't effective enough on the wing, wasn't a striker. So they sold him and spent the money to strengthen another area of the team... And they just had their highest finish for years.

See where I'm coming from?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:00 - May 21 with 1510 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:24 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

That's like the old Monty Python sketch about the Romans. Without his and Gylfi's goals we'd be sunk -end of.
Ask Villa, Newcastle and Norwich would they have like a player to chip in with 12 goals when he's not even a striker.
He also had a fairly lean period for a few months. If he'd been on song consistently in front of goal, he'd have scored 20+ - not bad for a player who himself admits he is not a striker

You just proved my point of debate completely

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:04 - May 21 with 1507 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:58 - May 21 by Starsky

We are not saying he isn't a good player. We are saying he's not totally suited to our team.

He's worth a substantial transfer if we sell him. To be honest, if Siggy wasn't here I wouldn't be having this debate. I'd stick him in the hole. Probably would work out there.

When Erikson kept Siggy out of the side at Spurs ... Where else were Spurs going to play him?

Siggy, a good player, wasn't effective enough on the wing, wasn't a striker. So they sold him and spent the money to strengthen another area of the team... And they just had their highest finish for years.

I do see where you're coming from - two players (Siggy and Ayew) who should both ideally be playing every week but both vying for the same position.
To compare us to Spurs though, can't see any Harry Kane or Dele Ali types on the horizon
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:29 - May 21 with 1491 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:58 - May 21 by Starsky

You're also saying you're happy to lose over 25% of the teams goals in the hope that his replacement can come in and not only match it but better it. These players don't come cheap and it's a huge risk that we shouldn't really be taking. People who think the sale of ayew will cover bony are nuts.

And siggy wasn't anywhere near a first team regular for Spurs so that comparison is ludicrous.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 9:31]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:50 - May 21 with 1468 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:29 - May 21 by Jango

You're also saying you're happy to lose over 25% of the teams goals in the hope that his replacement can come in and not only match it but better it. These players don't come cheap and it's a huge risk that we shouldn't really be taking. People who think the sale of ayew will cover bony are nuts.

And siggy wasn't anywhere near a first team regular for Spurs so that comparison is ludicrous.

They spent £10 million on him and hijacked Liverpool for his services by upping his wages.

Erikson blossomed and kept him out of the side from his preferred position.

Siggy looked like a square peg in a round hole whilst at Spurs.

Nothing ludicrous about it.

Oh and Swannee... I wasn't comparing us to Spurs, I was comparing the principle of the situation... And you know it.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:50 - May 21 with 1468 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:29 - May 21 by Jango

Siggy made 58 appearances in 2 seasons at Spurs hardly ludicrous, and he was replaced by Eriksson who no doubt was an upgrade, if we can get 20 million for Ayew and get Bony back not forgetting City still owe about 10 million, I think it's a no Brainer add someone like Redmond and it would be a much better balanced side

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:52 - May 21 with 1467 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:50 - May 21 by raynor94

Siggy made 58 appearances in 2 seasons at Spurs hardly ludicrous, and he was replaced by Eriksson who no doubt was an upgrade, if we can get 20 million for Ayew and get Bony back not forgetting City still owe about 10 million, I think it's a no Brainer add someone like Redmond and it would be a much better balanced side

At last, some sense.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:59 - May 21 with 1457 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:50 - May 21 by Starsky

They spent £10 million on him and hijacked Liverpool for his services by upping his wages.

Oh and Swannee... I wasn't comparing us to Spurs, I was comparing the principle of the situation... And you know it.

you give me too much credit, suggesting I knew what you meant ..
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:06 - May 21 with 1445 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:59 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

you give me too much credit, suggesting I knew what you meant ..

Feck off Swanee.

You are too likeable.

I've been trying win an argument here all week and you're not helping.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:08 - May 21 with 1444 viewsSwaneeRiver

I'm intrigued as to why we need a player (Redmond) who can play on the wings (as can Barrow, Montero, Routledge, Dyer, as well as our two attacking full backs Naughton and Kingsley) as well as being able to cut inside (as can any number of players including Ayew and Gylfi, also with the right coaching the afore-mentioned wingers).
Getting Bony back and not selling Ayew is for me a no brainer.
We have found time and again how hard it is to find someone who can score regularly - letting Siggy or Ayew go at any price is just creating a problem for us (when I say any price no-one is going to pay us more than £15 million for either of those IMO. They are worth more than that to us in goals alone
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:14 - May 21 with 1431 viewsWhiterockin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:08 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

I'm intrigued as to why we need a player (Redmond) who can play on the wings (as can Barrow, Montero, Routledge, Dyer, as well as our two attacking full backs Naughton and Kingsley) as well as being able to cut inside (as can any number of players including Ayew and Gylfi, also with the right coaching the afore-mentioned wingers).
We have found time and again how hard it is to find someone who can score regularly - letting Siggy or Ayew go at any price is just creating a problem for us (when I say any price no-one is going to pay us more than £15 million for either of those IMO. They are worth more than that to us in goals alone

Montero and Dyer will not be with us next season.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:17 - May 21 with 1415 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:08 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

Montero and Dyer will be gone, Wayne is coming to the end, , Redmond is a perfect fit for our team, a younger version of Dyer that will score more goals

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:48 - May 21 with 1367 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:50 - May 21 by Starsky

The principle of the situation is that siggy couldn't get in the first 11 at Spurs in the end where as ayew has never started a game on the bench for us, plus he's our top goalscorer to. The comparisons don't way up I'm sorry. Selling a fringe player for £10 million is a no brainier, selling one of your best players is not.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:51 - May 21 with 1359 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:48 - May 21 by Jango

The principle of the situation is that siggy couldn't get in the first 11 at Spurs in the end where as ayew has never started a game on the bench for us, plus he's our top goalscorer to. The comparisons don't way up I'm sorry. Selling a fringe player for £10 million is a no brainier, selling one of your best players is not.

You keep saying our top scorer. That doesn't mean anything if the side didn't score enough to goals all season. We nearly went down because of it.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:54 - May 21 with 1358 viewsJango

Gomis has made 64 appearances for swans in 2 years what's your point? Most of sigurdsons games for Spurs were in Europe. He couldn't get near their main 11 and Eriksen was there about 18 months before he left so hardly replaced him.

As for Redmond, no idea what he's done to make people think he'd be a better alternative to anything we've already got which is average wingers. 11 goals and 8 assists in 111 appearances, special talent
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:55 - May 21 with 1353 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:48 - May 21 by Jango

You seem obsessed with him Jangs? He's no superstar. Even he says he diesn't normally get near as many as 12 goals, so I doubt he'll do that again next year.

I'm happy enough if he stays but if he goes for a decent wedge, I don't see anty reason at all why we can't get an equal or better player and fit for the team. He would probably do better elsewhere too (not Sundo though). Sometimes that's just the way it is. Danny Graham scored 12 goals but I wouldn't have him back now. Jonjo Shonkey/Pouty Frog scored the 'goals that kept us up' last season but I don't want either next season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:56 - May 21 with 1347 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:55 - May 21 by monmouth

You seem obsessed with him Jangs? He's no superstar. Even he says he diesn't normally get near as many as 12 goals, so I doubt he'll do that again next year.

I'm happy enough if he stays but if he goes for a decent wedge, I don't see anty reason at all why we can't get an equal or better player and fit for the team. He would probably do better elsewhere too (not Sundo though). Sometimes that's just the way it is. Danny Graham scored 12 goals but I wouldn't have him back now. Jonjo Shonkey/Pouty Frog scored the 'goals that kept us up' last season but I don't want either next season.

Hallelujah

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024