Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL 01:05 - Jan 25 with 2306 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Nice article that talks about Llorente's impact at Anfield, not only the two goals, but also his defending against Henderson.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3045616/fernando-lloren

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 06:27 - Jan 25 with 2203 viewsNOTRAC

Llorente is now consistently showing his class, and obviously has become a very important player for us. Spanish players seem to suit us ,and have been the mainstay in our style and in our success. This is the complete opposite ,in the main, of French players,Gomis being a prime example.Llorente has scored a number of 'toe poke ' goals for us,the one on Saturday being a typical example.These goals may seem easy, but involve tremendous speed of thought.Very few players are capable of scoring this type of goal and Llorente is up there amongst the very best.We are very lucky to have had him for only £5m .

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 06:39 - Jan 25 with 2192 viewsWhiterockin

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 06:27 - Jan 25 by NOTRAC

Llorente is now consistently showing his class, and obviously has become a very important player for us. Spanish players seem to suit us ,and have been the mainstay in our style and in our success. This is the complete opposite ,in the main, of French players,Gomis being a prime example.Llorente has scored a number of 'toe poke ' goals for us,the one on Saturday being a typical example.These goals may seem easy, but involve tremendous speed of thought.Very few players are capable of scoring this type of goal and Llorente is up there amongst the very best.We are very lucky to have had him for only £5m .

As opposed to Spanish Borja who cost £15M and has done the square root of feck all.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 07:03 - Jan 25 with 2163 viewsNOTRAC

I don't think Borja 's been given a proper chance. Agree though that at 15m (if true), not one of Jenkins best buys.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 08:03 - Jan 25 with 2100 views34dfgdf54

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 07:03 - Jan 25 by NOTRAC

I don't think Borja 's been given a proper chance. Agree though that at 15m (if true), not one of Jenkins best buys.

From what I have seen of Borja, he is a better version of Paloschi. His work is done inside the penalty box, he is probably more of a natural goalscorer than Paloschi aswell.

The problem is, we rely on our strikers to be the vocal point, Borja can't do that, he's not rapid quick, doesn't like his back to goal so hold up play isn't up to scratch, and he's not exactly a battering ram in the air either. He's a decent striker who will do well in his career, but just doesn't fit our system. Not his fault we paid £15 million for him, without any sort of thoughts of how we were going to fit him into the side, and how a striker of his style would benefit us. Another howler by Jenkins, the man some would like to still be in his role after one win.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 08:33 - Jan 25 with 2031 viewsDr_Winston

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 08:03 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

From what I have seen of Borja, he is a better version of Paloschi. His work is done inside the penalty box, he is probably more of a natural goalscorer than Paloschi aswell.

The problem is, we rely on our strikers to be the vocal point, Borja can't do that, he's not rapid quick, doesn't like his back to goal so hold up play isn't up to scratch, and he's not exactly a battering ram in the air either. He's a decent striker who will do well in his career, but just doesn't fit our system. Not his fault we paid £15 million for him, without any sort of thoughts of how we were going to fit him into the side, and how a striker of his style would benefit us. Another howler by Jenkins, the man some would like to still be in his role after one win.

We didn't used to rely on our strikers to be the focal point. Michu was never a targetman, and we played our best football during his peak season. We had a mobile, interchangeable front three (or four if you include the AM) who fed off each other so, so well.

We changed that to accommodate Bony, then failed to change it back when Bony left. It's no real surprise to see Llorente, as the closest in physical style to Wilf do better at filling that role than any of the other poor bastards we've tasked with the job.

One of the trickier decisions Clement has to make as the season goes on and in planning for the next one is whether to stick or twist. Keep basing our game around having a targetman (thus rendering Baston pointless) or try to restore what went before. Suspect he'll stick with it, as Gylfi seems happier having someone to play off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 09:46 - Jan 25 with 1932 viewsLoyal

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 08:33 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

We didn't used to rely on our strikers to be the focal point. Michu was never a targetman, and we played our best football during his peak season. We had a mobile, interchangeable front three (or four if you include the AM) who fed off each other so, so well.

We changed that to accommodate Bony, then failed to change it back when Bony left. It's no real surprise to see Llorente, as the closest in physical style to Wilf do better at filling that role than any of the other poor bastards we've tasked with the job.

One of the trickier decisions Clement has to make as the season goes on and in planning for the next one is whether to stick or twist. Keep basing our game around having a targetman (thus rendering Baston pointless) or try to restore what went before. Suspect he'll stick with it, as Gylfi seems happier having someone to play off.

Closed down in packs as well, the Fulham game ( finest performance from a swans side ever for me ) when we dominated them throughout is an example. We had workman like and aggressively skilful players covering the field very quickly. A creative influence in there as well. So much difference to the swans of today sadly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 1908 viewsPegojack

Interesting article, the only thing I would take issue with is 'Benteke is playing well for Palace". Really? I thought he's been playing like a disinterested minge lately, as highlighted on MOTD.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 10:12 - Jan 25 with 1871 viewsKerouac

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 09:56 - Jan 25 by Pegojack

Interesting article, the only thing I would take issue with is 'Benteke is playing well for Palace". Really? I thought he's been playing like a disinterested minge lately, as highlighted on MOTD.

Perhaps Allardyce should try licking him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 14:14 - Jan 25 with 1744 viewsTummer_from_Texas

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 08:33 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

I thought Michu was used as a nine from time to time. See commentary after his 9th goal vs West Brom at 1:30.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 14:21 - Jan 25 with 1731 viewsDafyddHuw

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 06:27 - Jan 25 by NOTRAC

What other French players didn't suit our style?
Not Tabanou, cos he couldn't even get in the team.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 1713 viewspierre91

....Llorente's biggest plus is he's a "proper" footballer - someone who throughout his career has always played, trained and behaved like a decent person - the complete opposite of fakes like Gomis who pouted and shrank when he heard the first (deserved) boo for his ineptitude.

We have another in Tom Carroll and the best player in our team over the past two years has been Gylfi Sigurdsson - it surely can't be a coincidence that they're all cut from the same cloth ( no fuss apart from their excellent football ability).

It shows the importance of due dilligence before getting recruits into the Club.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the on 17:51 - Jan 25 with 1624 viewsGlyn1

Thanks Tummer - that's a much better analysis of Clement's tactics than we got on Match of the Day.

I think we should cut Jenkins some slack with regard to Baston, who might actually have fitted into Swansea's passing-game style of play better than Llorente - unfortunately, he may have overlooked the small fact that when Baston was bought we weren't playing any kind of passing game.

There's a decent player somewhere in there, and I'm hopeful that Clement can improve him, if he stays.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 17:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 17:55 - Jan 25 with 1613 viewsLeonWasGod

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 14:14 - Jan 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

I thought Michu was used as a nine from time to time. See commentary after his 9th goal vs West Brom at 1:30.

He played in the CF position but not as an old-fashioned number 9 target man. I think that's what Dr_W was getting at. We changed style drastically when we signed Wilf.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 18:03 - Jan 25 with 1598 viewsDr_Winston

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 17:55 - Jan 25 by LeonWasGod

He played in the CF position but not as an old-fashioned number 9 target man. I think that's what Dr_W was getting at. We changed style drastically when we signed Wilf.

Yup.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 18:53 - Jan 25 with 1548 viewsTheResurrection

Haha are you serious??

They are the easiest goal in the whole book - unmissable!! Gees!

And consistent? Where were you for the Arsenal game?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:02 - Jan 25 with 1532 viewsTheResurrection

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 18:03 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

No yup, butt.

He played the false 9.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:12 - Jan 25 with 1496 viewsDr_Winston

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:02 - Jan 25 by TheResurrection

No yup, butt.

He played the false 9.

Siggy's played the false nine. That doesn't make him a targetman.

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:19 - Jan 25 with 1479 viewsnyc_swans

was that west brom game the game with the 3 wingers formation? how did the team line up again?

that was a stroke of genius.
ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:24 - Jan 25 with 1461 viewsDr_Winston

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:19 - Jan 25 by nyc_swans

was that west brom game the game with the 3 wingers formation? how did the team line up again?

Routledge, Dyer and Hernandez with Michu drifting from midfield. It was like trying to mark fog for the West Brom defenders.

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:34 - Jan 25 with 1434 viewsTummer_from_Texas

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:19 - Jan 25 by nyc_swans

Swansea City No. Name

25 Gerhard Tremmel
6 Ashley Williams
4 Chico
33 Ben Davies
22 Angel Rangel
24 Ki Sung-Yeung
7 Leon Britton
9 Michu 9' - sub 86' 26 Kemy Agustien
15 Wayne Routledge 11' 39'
11 Pablo Hernández - sub 75' 20 Jonathan de Guzmán
12 Nathan Dyer - sub 64' 19 Luke Moore

Bench
16 Garry Monk
21 Dwight Tiendalli
13 David Cornell
17 Itey Shechter

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 11:02 - Jan 26 with 1284 viewsTheResurrection

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 19:12 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Siggy's played the false nine. That doesn't make him a targetman.

What does it actually make Siggy?

I mean, where is his best position? We've tried him in the Michu false 9 and well, there's no comparison whatsoever. We've tried him in the AM and I think even his biggest admirers would say his performances have been underwhelming at best.

But people say he's not a left midfielder as well.

It's a bit of a bloody problem isn't it?

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 11:25 - Jan 26 with 1267 viewsDr_Winston

Siggy's best when he's got a selfless striker ahead of him to play off. Problem is the goals tend to dry up for whoever that is, unless you're Bony and a bit of a freak capable of doing both jobs.

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 13:20 - Jan 26 with 1208 viewsjasper_T

ESPN: Llorente and the return of the "Big Man" in the PL on 10:12 - Jan 25 by Kerouac

Perhaps Allardyce should try licking him.

Thanks for that image in my head ffs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024