Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? 10:52 - Feb 26 with 2748 viewsjackjackjackjack

Would you rather he was playing instead of one of our current centre-back pairing? Or were the club right to cash in on an ageing player who wanted away?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 10:56 - Feb 26 with 2440 viewsClinton

Simples: If we survive this season, we were right. Otherwise not.
BTW. He still has those invisible magic hands! He got away with 2 handballs in the area yesterday.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 10:59 - Feb 26 with 2432 viewsSTID2017

Had he wanted to stay with us and/or no one was offering silly money for him, I'd rather him have been with us pre-Clement. IMHO we'd not have been as bad as we were (that said he was with us last season when we struggled pre-Guidolin)
Now that Clement is getting the best out of Alfie and FF, I am glad we moved on, but ideally Mawson should not have been thrown in the deep end. The fact is though he has responded brilliantly.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:14 - Feb 26 with 2404 viewsNeath_Jack

Prefer he was alongside Alfie without a doubt, wouldn't swap him for Alfie though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:24 - Feb 26 with 2383 viewsmonmouth

Yes, we miss him. We miss Bob Latchford too, but players have to be replaced sometime. Another season or two would have been nice, but he (probably always) wanted his payday and bigger team, however it is dressed up.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 11:25]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:42 - Feb 26 with 2338 viewsTheFranchise

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 10:59 - Feb 26 by STID2017

Had he wanted to stay with us and/or no one was offering silly money for him, I'd rather him have been with us pre-Clement. IMHO we'd not have been as bad as we were (that said he was with us last season when we struggled pre-Guidolin)
Now that Clement is getting the best out of Alfie and FF, I am glad we moved on, but ideally Mawson should not have been thrown in the deep end. The fact is though he has responded brilliantly.

Bradley would have gone sooner if Ash was still here.
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:47 - Feb 26 with 2326 viewsdailew

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:14 - Feb 26 by Neath_Jack

Prefer he was alongside Alfie without a doubt, wouldn't swap him for Alfie though.

Think FF (stronger in the air than Ash) compliments Alfie better.

Ash and Alfie too similar.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:51 - Feb 26 with 2312 viewsdickythorpe

No. We are evolving.
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:01 - Feb 26 with 2280 viewsoldcob

If I had to make a straight choice NOW , I'd pick Alfie before Ash.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 12:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:08 - Feb 26 with 2253 viewsswan65split

Whatever happens if we stay up or not, no I dont miss him, last season wasnt his best, and he wanted away, so it says it all we move on, and hopefully we will have someone who is looking like he"ll be a lot better than him. He never thought of us when moving on, so why think of him?!
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:22 - Feb 26 with 2216 viewsdailew

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:08 - Feb 26 by swan65split

Whatever happens if we stay up or not, no I dont miss him, last season wasnt his best, and he wanted away, so it says it all we move on, and hopefully we will have someone who is looking like he"ll be a lot better than him. He never thought of us when moving on, so why think of him?!

True, but a little bit harsh.

Ash was the ideal player for us. Very good at our level but perhaps not quite good enough for the top 6.

Would undoubtedly have left for a top 6 club if they had come in for him and no-one could have blamed him.

Alfie was 4 and a half years younger than Ash when he first played at PL level so sadly in a way he may well end up being too good for us.

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:45 - Feb 26 with 2173 viewsnantywatcher

I don't think FF got anywhere near the plaudits he deserved for his performance against the battering ram that is Diego Costa - stood toe to toe with him on numerous occaisions.
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:53 - Feb 26 with 2160 viewsdailew

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:45 - Feb 26 by nantywatcher

I don't think FF got anywhere near the plaudits he deserved for his performance against the battering ram that is Diego Costa - stood toe to toe with him on numerous occaisions.

Yup.

It was Alfie who was guilty of a bit of ball-watching and losing Costa for the third goal. Funnily enough it was similar to what he did himself in the last game to Leicester. He'll learn.

If it was FF that had lost Costa in that way there would have been a 20 page thread on it by now.

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 13:11 - Feb 26 with 2122 viewssP7qupUf

Ash was brilliant for us but the money we received for him was good business and he got a big pay rise. So both parties have done well out of this piece of business.

We have missed certain aspects of his leadership on the field but we seem to have got a steady pairing now that is responding magnificently to the challenge facing us and I am quietly confident that we will stay up. If we do, it will mean that it was a good piece of business. The added bonus is that Mawson will get even better and he has scored a few valuable goals (all in games which we have won). Ashley's ability in the opposition box was, and still is, limited.
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 17:25 - Feb 26 with 1961 viewsCambJack

We would not be where we are if he'd stayed, but the damage is looking less severe in recent weeks. I do think it's unfortunate there was no Williams/Alfie overlap as he'd have been a perfect mentor
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 17:39 - Feb 26 with 1938 viewsLoyal

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 11:14 - Feb 26 by Neath_Jack

Alfie saw the need for a leader at the back, doubt he would have flourished as much with Ash mouthing off.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 17:41 - Feb 26 with 1932 viewsDr_Winston

We probably missed Ash during the Bradley calamity, but since then we're managing quite fine without him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 18:03 - Feb 26 with 1899 viewsmorningstar

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 12:45 - Feb 26 by nantywatcher

When FF was at his worst, i stated he should be made captain and take some responsibility. Ok, he hasn't got the armband, but at last he's stepping up to the mark and showing us what a good player he can be on his day. I for one, never believed he was sh!t as most on here claimed.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 19:26 - Feb 26 with 1826 viewsDyfnant

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 18:03 - Feb 26 by morningstar

When FF was at his worst, i stated he should be made captain and take some responsibility. Ok, he hasn't got the armband, but at last he's stepping up to the mark and showing us what a good player he can be on his day. I for one, never believed he was sh!t as most on here claimed.

None of our players should be judged on Bobs tenure

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 19:28 - Feb 26 with 1820 viewsBournedore

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 19:26 - Feb 26 by Dyfnant

None of our players should be judged on Bobs tenure

Yes we still miss him.
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 19:49 - Feb 26 with 1783 viewsexiledclaseboy

Given that we've got the worst defensive record in the Premier League I'm going with "yes" in answer to the question in the OP.

Poll: Tory leader

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 19:59 - Feb 26 with 1760 viewsLoyal

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 19:49 - Feb 26 by exiledclaseboy

Given that we've got the worst defensive record in the Premier League I'm going with "yes" in answer to the question in the OP.

Good point, well made.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 20:01 - Feb 26 with 1755 viewsLeonWasGod

I still leak a bit of pre-cum when he's on MOTD. His new hairstyle isn't doing it for me though.

Yes, course we do. No sensible succession plan stuffed us early doors. And could still be a big bearing on whether we stay up. It's only now, two thirds of the way theough the season, that we feel comfortable with Mawson (as good a player he's turning out to be).
Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 23:48 - Feb 26 with 1627 viewsrock1n

No, it was the right time for him to leave.

It just took a bit too long to adapt but we seem to have the right personnel now.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 00:03 - Feb 27 with 1614 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We miss not only his defensive talents but his leadership qualities too.

In the final 10 minutes of the Chelsea game, captain Jack Cork got 'done' twice and then gave up and walked back towards our goal whilst the opposition player was sprinting towards the goal. To Naughton's credit he ran after him, but Cork just walked.

If he is the best man to wear the armband then it is truly alarming.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 08:22 - Feb 27 with 1511 viewskarnataka

Do we still miss Ashley Williams? on 17:41 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

We probably missed Ash during the Bradley calamity, but since then we're managing quite fine without him.

All I would change in that sentence would be definitely instead of probably.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024