Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia 16:30 - Jun 14 with 7120 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Awful stuff just a couple miles from Washington DC. At a baseball field where a practice being held this morning by Republicans for an annual game against Democrats, a gunman calmly walked out and opened fire. The gunman got off about 50-100 rounds, according to reports.

Multiple victims, including Congressman Steve Scalise from Louisiana, who was shot in the hip. At least 2 are in critical condition.

The gunman: 66 year old James T Hodgkinson.

We can expect a lot more of this in America, because the mainstream media is literally endorsing violence with this specific political motive. CNN's parent company is sponsoring a "Shakespeare in the Park" rendition that depicts Trump as Julius Caesar.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 17:01]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:09 - Jun 14 with 915 viewsDarran

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:06 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

I completely disagree. Attempted mass murder of democratically elected officials is because of a dislike of a man who was democratically elected to his post?

F@ck my eyes

Edit: I don't know how you could logically justify that
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:13]

Well yeah but the guns/gun laws are pretty fuçking stupid.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:14 - Jun 14 with 909 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:00 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

Silly thread pissing about gun laws, point scoring and left v right...

Crux of the matter the US President is the biggest kunt on this planet and for me, the blame for this lies solely with that tvvat.

A LOT of people, people who in the past might have seemed sane and reasonable, would agree with you that this is all the POTUS's fault, not Hodgkinson's, thereby turning the shooter into the victim.

So there it is, which goes back to my whole point. This is going to keep happening, and with terrifying frequency over the next 4-8 years. But I'd love to be wrong.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:16 - Jun 14 with 901 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:09 - Jun 14 by Darran

Well yeah but the guns/gun laws are pretty fuçking stupid.

To us in the UK they definitely are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:19 - Jun 14 with 895 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:14 - Jun 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

A LOT of people, people who in the past might have seemed sane and reasonable, would agree with you that this is all the POTUS's fault, not Hodgkinson's, thereby turning the shooter into the victim.

So there it is, which goes back to my whole point. This is going to keep happening, and with terrifying frequency over the next 4-8 years. But I'd love to be wrong.

Has this sort of thing happened before? I don't mean mass shootings, that's 2 a penny in your facked up land, I mean simply because your President is such a kunt?

I dont condone what's gone on, but seriously every time I watch that prick I get very dark thoughts indeed!!

I can only imagine what it's like for the people having to put up with him more directly!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:20 - Jun 14 with 893 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:16 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

To us in the UK they definitely are.

They are around the rest of the civilised world as well, aren't they?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:21 - Jun 14 with 890 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:00 - Jun 14 by Darran

Not many will disagree with that,I certainly don't.

I disagree. As much as I abhor trump it's not right to blame the act of a would be assassin on him as much as trump solely responsible for the toxic pervading atmosphere. That said, I posted the text of the Second Amendment for a specific purpose. One of the interpretations of the Amendment is that it at least partly exists to allow citizens to rise up and rebel in the event of a tyrannical government and/or presidency. Such acts were often suggested or implied by those who opposed him during Obama's presidency. It's possible that the perpetrator today held that particular truth to be self evident. I'm not saying he was right, or that his acts are justified, they clearly aren't. But they can't have it both ways.

Poll: Tory leader

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:23 - Jun 14 with 886 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:06 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

I completely disagree. Attempted mass murder of democratically elected officials is because of a dislike of a man who was democratically elected to his post?

F@ck my eyes

Edit: I don't know how you could logically justify that
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:13]

It's not an attempt at justifying anything, that's not my responsibility - it's simply a case of pointing out that the President of the US is a dangerous, conniving, narcissistic, lying, despicable kunt of a "human being"

And democratically elected how exactly?? The election was a facking farce.

So stick your justification fack your eyes bollox up your jacksie!!!

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:24 - Jun 14 with 879 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:21 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

I disagree. As much as I abhor trump it's not right to blame the act of a would be assassin on him as much as trump solely responsible for the toxic pervading atmosphere. That said, I posted the text of the Second Amendment for a specific purpose. One of the interpretations of the Amendment is that it at least partly exists to allow citizens to rise up and rebel in the event of a tyrannical government and/or presidency. Such acts were often suggested or implied by those who opposed him during Obama's presidency. It's possible that the perpetrator today held that particular truth to be self evident. I'm not saying he was right, or that his acts are justified, they clearly aren't. But they can't have it both ways.

Well you are wrong to disagree so happy facking birthday to you old buddy :-)

Login to get fewer ads

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:25 - Jun 14 with 877 viewsDr_Winston

Trump won the Electoral College. It's a weird system but according to the rules he was elected fair and square. The popular vote is not relevant in a US election.

That he's a f*cking gibbon with the emotional maturity of a three year old and tiny, tiny hands is another matter entirely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:26 - Jun 14 with 874 viewsBanosswan

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:21 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Which was fair enough when everybody had muskets, no uprising is defeating the government militarily these days. All it serves is to allow potentially dangerous people to have dangerous weapons.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:27 - Jun 14 with 866 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:26 - Jun 14 by Banosswan

Which was fair enough when everybody had muskets, no uprising is defeating the government militarily these days. All it serves is to allow potentially dangerous people to have dangerous weapons.

No arguments from me on that.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:29 - Jun 14 with 844 viewsBanosswan

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:27 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

No arguments from me on that.

Automatic weapons for hunting ffs. That makes you a pretty sh!t hunter.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:31 - Jun 14 with 838 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:20 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

They are around the rest of the civilised world as well, aren't they?

Switzerland have very little problems with their gun laws. It is horses for courses. I can only comment on a personal level though, the concept of arming myself is generally alien to me, but I can have a mild understanding of the reasoning behind their support. It's not for me though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:32 - Jun 14 with 838 viewsDarran

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:29 - Jun 14 by Banosswan

Automatic weapons for hunting ffs. That makes you a pretty sh!t hunter.

Should be a bow and arrow.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:33 - Jun 14 with 832 viewsBanosswan

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:31 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Switzerland have very little problems with their gun laws. It is horses for courses. I can only comment on a personal level though, the concept of arming myself is generally alien to me, but I can have a mild understanding of the reasoning behind their support. It's not for me though.

They kind of have a history of not using them though...

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:38 - Jun 14 with 821 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:23 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

It's not an attempt at justifying anything, that's not my responsibility - it's simply a case of pointing out that the President of the US is a dangerous, conniving, narcissistic, lying, despicable kunt of a "human being"

And democratically elected how exactly?? The election was a facking farce.

So stick your justification fack your eyes bollox up your jacksie!!!

As Winston mentioned he won the electoral college seats, convincingly by the way. You may think he is the most incompetent person on earth, but nothing he has done so far would be justification for someone to attempt killing random elected officials based on their political leanings being with the man in charge.

Love you too :)

Edit: Forgot the kisses. Xxxxxx
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:38]

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:46 - Jun 14 with 812 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:33 - Jun 14 by Banosswan

They kind of have a history of not using them though...

So it's not gun laws per se but the mentality behind them.

Then again gun laws and it's debate is probably moot in the US as it is unlikely to change due to lobbyists, and a reluctance by senate and house, even when under democratic control, having no appetite to do so.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:48]

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:47 - Jun 14 with 810 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:31 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Switzerland's gun laws are in no way comparable to the US's.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:51 - Jun 14 with 797 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:47 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Not entirely, that is true, but I was addressing that other countries have a more relaxed attitude to gun laws and they are in the civilised world.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:07 - Jun 14 with 774 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:38 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

As Winston mentioned he won the electoral college seats, convincingly by the way. You may think he is the most incompetent person on earth, but nothing he has done so far would be justification for someone to attempt killing random elected officials based on their political leanings being with the man in charge.

Love you too :)

Edit: Forgot the kisses. Xxxxxx
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:38]

Didn't Russia play a big part in the US elections?

And what about the arms dealing, not that he is the only President to do this, the fight with Qatar, the wall around Mexico and his hatred of immigrants, the travel ban and the removal of healthcare for millions of Americans? How many Americans will indirectly die as a result of that?

It doesn't justify attempted murder but people are rightly facking mad!!

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:10 - Jun 14 with 764 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 20:47 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

Not remotely really. The number of guns in circulation is significantly lower too.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:20 - Jun 14 with 747 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:07 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

Didn't Russia play a big part in the US elections?

And what about the arms dealing, not that he is the only President to do this, the fight with Qatar, the wall around Mexico and his hatred of immigrants, the travel ban and the removal of healthcare for millions of Americans? How many Americans will indirectly die as a result of that?

It doesn't justify attempted murder but people are rightly facking mad!!

Russia? Not to the actual voting as far as the hearings have outlined.

Arms dealing, bombing, war were staples of the last several regimes, Obama's in particular. Fences/barriers were built along the border often through Obama's. Travel bans have been implemented also, from terror threats identified by the intelligence services in the past too.

He has definitely been inflammatory to some, and his bluntness and lack of decorum is unpleasant on a times, but does not justify violence to him and especially not to members of his party by proxy.

The health side I don't know what the senate will finalise on so I can't give a real opinion until it is in place. A lot of hyperbole at moment.

People are mad you are not wrong there. Does not justify violence.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:46 - Jun 14 with 707 viewsHumpty

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-co
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:54 - Jun 14 with 693 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:20 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Russia? Not to the actual voting as far as the hearings have outlined.

Arms dealing, bombing, war were staples of the last several regimes, Obama's in particular. Fences/barriers were built along the border often through Obama's. Travel bans have been implemented also, from terror threats identified by the intelligence services in the past too.

He has definitely been inflammatory to some, and his bluntness and lack of decorum is unpleasant on a times, but does not justify violence to him and especially not to members of his party by proxy.

The health side I don't know what the senate will finalise on so I can't give a real opinion until it is in place. A lot of hyperbole at moment.

People are mad you are not wrong there. Does not justify violence.

I can't believe anyone would seek to stick up for him?

Lost for words.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:57 - Jun 14 with 686 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:46 - Jun 14 by Humpty

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-co

I'd forgotten about that quote.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024