Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia 16:30 - Jun 14 with 7123 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Awful stuff just a couple miles from Washington DC. At a baseball field where a practice being held this morning by Republicans for an annual game against Democrats, a gunman calmly walked out and opened fire. The gunman got off about 50-100 rounds, according to reports.

Multiple victims, including Congressman Steve Scalise from Louisiana, who was shot in the hip. At least 2 are in critical condition.

The gunman: 66 year old James T Hodgkinson.

We can expect a lot more of this in America, because the mainstream media is literally endorsing violence with this specific political motive. CNN's parent company is sponsoring a "Shakespeare in the Park" rendition that depicts Trump as Julius Caesar.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 17:01]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:58 - Jun 14 with 1669 viewslondonlisa2001

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:46 - Jun 14 by Humpty

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-co

Ah, but he didn't do it through the medium of Shakespeare did he. So it doesn't count.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 1659 viewslondonlisa2001

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 19:00 - Jun 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

And I blame the latter. What we are seeing is not just seen as the fringe wackos anymore. It has been endorsed by the mainstream. CNN's Fareek Zakaria even called this sickening depiction of Julius Trump's murder "brilliant."

There are plenty of tortured, psychotic, suicidal souls out there, nobody can deny that. Now we've given them the not-so-delusional belief that they can become a MAINSTREAM hero and martyr if they go down trying to take out the President and/or other Republicans. The question isn't even if this will happen anymore, it's just how often. Politics aside, Americans should all pray for our politicians, and the brave law enforcement and secret service people who will likely be taking bullets for (and with) them over the next 4-8 years.

I hope I'm wrong and this toxic atmosphere blows over somehow, but I wouldn't bet on it.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:07]

You seriously blame a reworking of Shakespeare for some nutjob opening fire on a bunch of senators? Seriously?
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:02 - Jun 14 with 1658 viewsphact0rri

Violence is always sad, and unneeded. Suppose its easy to point fingers as people are wont to do. But yeah, obviously a man got a gun rather easily and used to for violence.

Though as far as I heard there were no fatalities, save for the shooter himself. And I for one am in favour of some sort of gun control in the US. Its ridiculous that one can get military grade munition at a shoppe. *shrugs* As obviously the current laws and or law enforcement and or checks are obviously not working.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:07 - Jun 14 with 1651 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:54 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

I can't believe anyone would seek to stick up for him?

Lost for words.

I don't see him as the demon others do sorry. He's not my cup of tea as a person, says and does ludicrous things, but to not turn the mirror around and judge on the same standards the other side is blinkered. And in no way do I agree any way he has deserved violent attacks on himself, or other politicians because of him/his politics.

I would never have voted for him if I were American, nor in that election would I have for Clinton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:10 - Jun 14 with 1644 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 21:57 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

I'd forgotten about that quote.

It was a stupid thing to say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:14 - Jun 14 with 1633 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:02 - Jun 14 by phact0rri

Violence is always sad, and unneeded. Suppose its easy to point fingers as people are wont to do. But yeah, obviously a man got a gun rather easily and used to for violence.

Though as far as I heard there were no fatalities, save for the shooter himself. And I for one am in favour of some sort of gun control in the US. Its ridiculous that one can get military grade munition at a shoppe. *shrugs* As obviously the current laws and or law enforcement and or checks are obviously not working.

I agree with this. The situation and culture here is what it is, so it gets old and tiresome bringing everything back to gun control, every time something like this happens.

But we need it, especially the types of guns that can be legally sold. Rural people who argue for the right to have assault weapons just embarrass themselves, but the hardcore pro-gun crowd is as brainwashed as they come.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:23 - Jun 14 with 1616 viewsHumpty

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:10 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Stupid?

Or part of a pattern?

A particular pattern common among some Republican politicians.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trumps-threat-is-nothing-new-republicans-have-ca
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:33 - Jun 14 with 1592 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:23 - Jun 14 by Humpty

Stupid?

Or part of a pattern?

A particular pattern common among some Republican politicians.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trumps-threat-is-nothing-new-republicans-have-ca

Yep, implied killing and incitement of violence is stupid , as you get maladjusted people taking it literally. It's irresponsible.

I don't condone it, on either side, I believe taking the high road there and not lowering myself to that level. Unfortunately the left has gone down the rabbit hole the right has been charged with in the past. I don't understand the violent mentality on either side so can't say anything other than that. I will say I don't believe in an "eye for an eye" as a general principle, sometimes it's necessary, not in this case, just because your opponent may have condoned something , it does not automatically make it acceptable to do unto them.

Login to get fewer ads

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:33 - Jun 14 with 1589 viewsTheResurrection

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:10 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Quick U Turn here...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:38 - Jun 14 with 1575 viewsHumpty

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:33 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Yep, implied killing and incitement of violence is stupid , as you get maladjusted people taking it literally. It's irresponsible.

I don't condone it, on either side, I believe taking the high road there and not lowering myself to that level. Unfortunately the left has gone down the rabbit hole the right has been charged with in the past. I don't understand the violent mentality on either side so can't say anything other than that. I will say I don't believe in an "eye for an eye" as a general principle, sometimes it's necessary, not in this case, just because your opponent may have condoned something , it does not automatically make it acceptable to do unto them.

When you say you don't condone it on either side could you point out some similar examples from Democratic politicians?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 22:39]
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:46 - Jun 14 with 1564 viewsHumpty

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:38 - Jun 14 by Humpty

When you say you don't condone it on either side could you point out some similar examples from Democratic politicians?

Democratic politicians say things like these:

“You know but other than me going over there with a gun and holding it to their head and maybe killing a couple of them, I don’t think they’re going to listen unless they get beat.”

“Failing all other appeals to peaceful means, that the founders’ solution to such tyranny is still available, still potent, and still waiting, for when democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote,”

“Don’t retreat, instead- RELOAD!”

“You know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies,”

“If I could issue hunting permits, I would officially declare today opening day for liberals. The season would extend through November 2 and have no limits on how many taken as we desperately need to ‘thin’ the herd.”

Or when Democratic politicians hold campaign events where they shoot targets with their opponents on them?

If both sides behave like this it should be easy to find some examples.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 23:32 - Jun 14 with 1532 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:38 - Jun 14 by Humpty

Well you could interpret Tim Kaine's interview with MSNBC in January as a possible incitement. ""Fight them in the streets" part is open for interpretation, and ill advised during the time of the protests of the swearing in. Something his son did literally as he was arrested for resisting arrest and public disorder

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/08/tim-kaines-son-arrested-pro-trump-ral

Loretta Lynch's post election call to arms to be potentially interpreted to cause violence.
"They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is"

They are tenuous granted. Could be interpreted many ways, like Trump's could be interpreted as simply a call to vote to resist (personally I don't think that was the case)

Congresswoman condoning rioting:

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-rep-calls-violent-riots-berkeley-beautiful/

Then again I did say the left in general , and campaign managers/staff directly linked to the DNC lost their jobs due to links to instigating violence at Trump events being uncovered, as exposed by Veritas

I'm judging a lot of the left on their actions, and not a lot of condemnation of the violence/riots too.

As said, both sides of the aisle show deplorable attitudes, and I will concede that the violent threats are a little less veiled on the right, but I would, prefer them to concentrate on running the country as successfully as possible, rather than stir up resentment amongst each other.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 23:44 - Jun 14 with 1518 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:46 - Jun 14 by Humpty

Democratic politicians say things like these:

“You know but other than me going over there with a gun and holding it to their head and maybe killing a couple of them, I don’t think they’re going to listen unless they get beat.”

“Failing all other appeals to peaceful means, that the founders’ solution to such tyranny is still available, still potent, and still waiting, for when democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote,”

“Don’t retreat, instead- RELOAD!”

“You know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies,”

“If I could issue hunting permits, I would officially declare today opening day for liberals. The season would extend through November 2 and have no limits on how many taken as we desperately need to ‘thin’ the herd.”

Or when Democratic politicians hold campaign events where they shoot targets with their opponents on them?

If both sides behave like this it should be easy to find some examples.

They are deplorable statements. Can't, or won't argue against it. I wouldn't vote for those candidates , or even back them on those statements. And as I said that rhetoric of potentially inciting violence is dangerous, as people can take it literal.

If you are looking for me to defend with an "Ah, but...." I wouldn't waste my time.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 23:46 - Jun 14 with 1517 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 22:33 - Jun 14 by TheResurrection

Quick U Turn here...

I disagree with pretty much most he says.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:00 - Jun 15 with 1510 viewsHumpty

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 23:32 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Well you could interpret Tim Kaine's interview with MSNBC in January as a possible incitement. ""Fight them in the streets" part is open for interpretation, and ill advised during the time of the protests of the swearing in. Something his son did literally as he was arrested for resisting arrest and public disorder

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/08/tim-kaines-son-arrested-pro-trump-ral

Loretta Lynch's post election call to arms to be potentially interpreted to cause violence.
"They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is"

They are tenuous granted. Could be interpreted many ways, like Trump's could be interpreted as simply a call to vote to resist (personally I don't think that was the case)

Congresswoman condoning rioting:

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-rep-calls-violent-riots-berkeley-beautiful/

Then again I did say the left in general , and campaign managers/staff directly linked to the DNC lost their jobs due to links to instigating violence at Trump events being uncovered, as exposed by Veritas

I'm judging a lot of the left on their actions, and not a lot of condemnation of the violence/riots too.

As said, both sides of the aisle show deplorable attitudes, and I will concede that the violent threats are a little less veiled on the right, but I would, prefer them to concentrate on running the country as successfully as possible, rather than stir up resentment amongst each other.

I agree. They are pretty tenuous. Though troubling I admit.

Unfortunately the US has become so polarized that it's hard to see a good way out for them. Though the constant false equivalence is usually laughable.

“If I could issue hunting permits, I would officially declare today opening day for liberals. The season would extend through November 2 and have no limits on how many taken as we desperately need to ‘thin’ the herd.” and “You know but other than me going over there with a gun and holding it to their head and maybe killing a couple of them, I don’t think they’re going to listen unless they get beat.” is certainly a little less veiled than "Fight them in the streets."

BTW if you don't want to compare politicians anymore but just want to focus on the public, that wont work out well for you either. Examples of tw*ts in masks throwing stuff doesn't really compare to examples I could bring up if I could be arsed. Examples resulting in lot's of innocent deaths.

The two sides are hardly the same. At all.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:09 - Jun 15 with 1502 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:00 - Jun 15 by Humpty

I agree. They are pretty tenuous. Though troubling I admit.

Unfortunately the US has become so polarized that it's hard to see a good way out for them. Though the constant false equivalence is usually laughable.

“If I could issue hunting permits, I would officially declare today opening day for liberals. The season would extend through November 2 and have no limits on how many taken as we desperately need to ‘thin’ the herd.” and “You know but other than me going over there with a gun and holding it to their head and maybe killing a couple of them, I don’t think they’re going to listen unless they get beat.” is certainly a little less veiled than "Fight them in the streets."

BTW if you don't want to compare politicians anymore but just want to focus on the public, that wont work out well for you either. Examples of tw*ts in masks throwing stuff doesn't really compare to examples I could bring up if I could be arsed. Examples resulting in lot's of innocent deaths.

The two sides are hardly the same. At all.

I'd actually be very interested in those stories, like I said I like balance. Pm me them if you don't want to clog up the board. If you could stick to the last 12 months or so that would be good, as I am aware of a lot of violent exchanges on the right during the Obama run.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:27 - Jun 15 with 1484 viewsHumpty

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:09 - Jun 15 by swanjackal

I'd actually be very interested in those stories, like I said I like balance. Pm me them if you don't want to clog up the board. If you could stick to the last 12 months or so that would be good, as I am aware of a lot of violent exchanges on the right during the Obama run.

Naaah. Can't be arsed.

I also find your interest in balance rather questionable.

Pretty much everything you post show's balance is not high on your list of things that are important.

Use Google.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 01:00 - Jun 15 with 1465 viewsswanjackal

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:27 - Jun 15 by Humpty

Naaah. Can't be arsed.

Pretty much everything you post show's balance is not high on your list of things that are important.

Use Google.

That is a shame. I am genuinely interested in those articles. The reason I ask for lately is solely to see the effect of the election, both during the campaign, and post inauguration.

I know full well the violence attributed to right wing Christian extremism. Abortion clinics, nut job "doomsdayers", "free men" etc. I used to post a lot on these elsewhere. But like I said I am seeing a shift of violence, especially protest/counter protests, riots using more and more nefarious tactics to cause harm and damage.

This is why I'd like links so I can get the balance you clearly think I need, and am asking to have. Like I said you can pm me just the links, that would be appreciated.

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 06:23 - Jun 15 with 1420 viewsnierika

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 10:23 - Jun 15 with 1376 viewsDarran

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 00:27 - Jun 15 by Humpty

Naaah. Can't be arsed.

Use Google.

Humongously funny.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 01:33 - Jun 16 with 1312 viewspencoedjack

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 16:42 - Jun 14 by Darran

Very sad to hear but it's never going to go away whilst guns are readily available.

Went to a gun range in Vegas this week couldn't believe the guns we were shooting are available to buy from behind the counter

Amazes me there are not more deaths when you can walk into a gun shop and buy a machine gun

Crazy
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 02:12 - Jun 16 with 1306 viewsHumpty

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 01:33 - Jun 16 by pencoedjack

Went to a gun range in Vegas this week couldn't believe the guns we were shooting are available to buy from behind the counter

Amazes me there are not more deaths when you can walk into a gun shop and buy a machine gun

Crazy

Expect an American ammosexual to come on and tell you that you're wrong. You can't buy a machine gun etc. You can only buy assault rifles or machine pistols that don't fire full auto and you don't know what you're talking about etc.

To you and me it's the same thing. You should not be allowed to buy what they are allowed to buy. Thank f*ck we can't.
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 04:37 - Jun 16 with 1287 viewsnyc_swans

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 17:54 - Jun 14 by nierika

Its hilarious how you think Swansea fans give a sh!t about your attempt to score political points.

the internet is a hell of a place apparently
Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 06:19 - Jun 16 with 1268 viewsTummer_from_Texas

After contemplating cancellation, the Dems and GOP went ahead with their annual charity baseball game last night. They actually had a great turnout - 24K - and had a touching, united moment of prayer before the game. They game even got some live coverage on both Fox and CNN, in the wake of the tragedy.

If there's any silver lining to this tragedy, maybe it's made some of our politicians and mainstream media members step back for a moment of perspective. Not all of them; Nancy Pelosi for instance is behaving like more of a delusional, divisive, hateful jackass than ever, but some of them at least.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 6:24]

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 11:10 - Jun 16 with 1239 viewspencoedjack

Gunman in Alexandria, Virginia on 02:12 - Jun 16 by Humpty

Expect an American ammosexual to come on and tell you that you're wrong. You can't buy a machine gun etc. You can only buy assault rifles or machine pistols that don't fire full auto and you don't know what you're talking about etc.

To you and me it's the same thing. You should not be allowed to buy what they are allowed to buy. Thank f*ck we can't.

I asked the gun garage owner which one of the guns we used are you are able to buy in Nevada ... he told anyone we used
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024