Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread 23:34 - Jan 31 with 19681 viewsModeratorC

Updates on the game below.

Swansea City Special : The must win game that both sides must win ! 2nd Feb 2024 11:58
The Swans assembled this morning at Fairwood with three new faces to meet and greet from the latest transfer window. Ronald, Saigo Jr and Przemysław Płacheta all come in. Ronald Pereira Martins on a permanent transfer, Placheta on a short term contract and Saigo Jr on loan until the end of the season. 0

Swans all out for the win ! 3rd Feb 2024 08:00
This afternoon’s big game comes straight out of Swansea as they take on Plymouth Argyle : (KO 3pm) Luke Williams is extremely happy with the January transfer window, but urges caution on two of his new players starting the game. 0

Swans injury crisis & Argyle confident of the win 3rd Feb 2024 11:10
All the latest team news today from both camps for this EFL fixture. Plus managers comments, and of course at 2pm we deliver the managers selections for todays game. 0

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again 3rd Feb 2024 17:45
It wasn’t a bad game, but the Swans should have wrapped this up in the first half. The positive was Ronald, the negatives is sadly Jerry Yates who again missed an absolute sitter in the first half. He wasn’t totally to blame as the same happened in the second half for substitute Charlie a Patino. The other concern has to be the low turn out from the home fans. With lots of empty seats if there were 14,500 there I would be surprised. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle 3rd Feb 2024 13:31
Both sides have fresh blood from their January transfer business. The Swans have a long injury latest is Harry Darling. 1

Sam Allison is the ref, so far this season he has issued seventy seven yellow cards and one red in twenty games. He will be assisted by Richard Wild and Mark Pottage while the fourth official is Ben Atkinson.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:17 - Feb 3 with 1546 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:33 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Because ,son, our coach is another one in a long line of clowns

Here we go.
What is he, 5 matches in ?
Stuck with a bunch of players whom he didn't recruit.
In fairness the players who came in recently all looked useful.
We made more chances in that game than I have seen us create in a long time.
He has a lot of work to do.
But hey, you just decided early on he's no good and from here on in it will be a repeat of all the moaning we put up with from you re Martin.
Give it rest mun
BTW two points
1 - Am i right in thinking the last game you saw live was Blackpool away two summers ago ?
2 - I recall Keith asking recently for the sake of the charity for posters not to swear, but noticed many of your posts have profanities, even if they are abbreviated or with a letter changed, as if that makes it alright

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:17 - Feb 3 with 1545 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:02 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Ok
Are we happy with our
Captaincy
Coaching
Tactics
Team selection
Ownership
Player recruitment

Simply stick to topic and quit old usernames used for a reason

Captaincy? No
Coaching? I’m seeing improvements and some effective personnel added to the squad
Tactics? As coaching above
Team selection? No but we aren’t bursting at the seams with choices.
Ownership? No
Player recruitment? The three are looking good to be fair but we couid have done better. Just about every other club would say the same though.

As I’ve said, today was just one of those days which even the most blinkered of Plymouth fans would say they were extremely fortunate. I’m concerned though because of where we are and number of points we have. We all are surely but there are at least 8 other clubs thinking the same of their own positions.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:23 - Feb 3 with 1505 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:17 - Feb 3 by union_jack

Captaincy? No
Coaching? I’m seeing improvements and some effective personnel added to the squad
Ownership? No
Player recruitment? The three are looking good to be fair but we couid have done better. Just about every other club would say the same though.

As I’ve said, today was just one of those days which even the most blinkered of Plymouth fans would say they were extremely fortunate. I’m concerned though because of where we are and number of points we have. We all are surely but there are at least 8 other clubs thinking the same of their own positions.

Reply as it should be .
Thanks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:29 - Feb 3 with 1473 viewsdantheswansman

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:34 - Feb 3 by Treforys_Jack

Amen Dan , ultimately very frustrating, but should be discussing a 2 or 3 goal victory., but hey ho.

I don't get our lot, what are they expecting exactly? i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the days of Laudrup and the Swans kicking ass are well gone, we have to build again and that performance today was the best i have seen from that lot for a long time.
Ronald brings everything we have been crying out for, when the strikers realise they have a fast pacy winger who will get the ball into them then they can work that little bit harder
I still think we should be starting Cullen and not Yates but there we go, from that performance today i am nothing but optimistic and v happy
4-1 wouldn't have flattered us today with the tinniest bit more luck
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:30 - Feb 3 with 1462 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:17 - Feb 3 by union_jack

Captaincy? No
Ownership? No

I agree with pretty much all of that.

Thing is…even though I agree with the captaincy issue, I do not see who else could take the armband in this squad.
No one experienced enough, who is actually likely to start most matches.
Is Darling captain material? Is Ben likely to start regularly under Williams?
Joe is the obvious choice, but he can’t get in the side.
Pato and Yates both seem most nailed as starters, along with Ronald now, but none of them can be captaincy contenders, Shirley?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:33 - Feb 3 with 1433 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:30 - Feb 3 by jackrmee

Thing is…even though I agree with the captaincy issue, I do not see who else could take the armband in this squad.
Pato and Yates both seem most nailed as starters, along with Ronald now, but none of them can be captaincy contenders, Shirley?

Josh Tymon looks a good bet.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:37 - Feb 3 with 1414 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:33 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

Hmmmm, interesting one.
I didn’t think of him. He is definitely one of Williams’ early favourites. Very good prospect.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:46 - Feb 3 with 1349 viewsonehunglow

Think Darling is.
Thing is that it takes guts to change a captain and our managers gave none
Frankly,although Joe is well past his best,he is still a better option than Grinds
I feel for people who can’t see the sick joke he is as a leader of the team.
As for Fulton,like Yates,words fail me .

These are key issues

What we have to realise,especially coach is relegation is a possibility ,a probability at the moment . Accept that and abandon the dumbass defending and we can survive with ease
Faff about as we are,miss chances ,defend like jerks and we can be going to Fleetwood soon

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:48 - Feb 3 with 1341 viewsunion_jack

Agreed, that is an issue but Keith mentioned Tymon. Reckon he’d have more of a voice on the pitch.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:49 - Feb 3 with 1326 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:48 - Feb 3 by union_jack

Agreed, that is an issue but Keith mentioned Tymon. Reckon he’d have more of a voice on the pitch.

Good shout.
We have to replace Grimes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:52 - Feb 3 with 1319 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:46 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

You’ve not answered my questions

Off you go.

Or shut the f up.

😱🙄
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:53 - Feb 3 with 1308 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:46 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Think Darling is.
Frankly,although Joe is well past his best,he is still a better option than Grinds

These are key issues

What we have to realise,especially coach is relegation is a possibility ,a probability at the moment . Accept that and abandon the dumbass defending and we can survive with ease
Faff about as we are,miss chances ,defend like jerks and we can be going to Fleetwood soon

Yes I agree Joe should be captain, but only if he can keep his place in the side. I don’t agree with club captains who don’t play, that’s even worse than a quiet captain on the field.

I can’t really comment about who else could replace him, as I’m not privy to the players’ attitudes, but Darling does seem a little immature/erratic. Probably louder than grimes though I suppose. But like you said, it takes a huge guts to change captain mid term. There usually needs to be a major reason, plus also an obvious replacement. No manager will change captain to someone who is not utterly obvious and clear.

I agree relegation is definitely an issue still.
Hudds and QPR both picked up massive wins today. It’s gonna be close once this raft of solid matches is over. 6 pointers galore after that

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:54 - Feb 3 with 1302 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:46 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Think Darling is.

These are key issues

We just know that when we suffer a defeat you are all over it.

That was a decent performance this afternoon and we were unlucky not to take anything from the game. You just won’t accept it though, these things happen in football…move on.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:57 - Feb 3 with 1284 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:54 - Feb 3 by lifelong

We just know that when we suffer a defeat you are all over it.

That was a decent performance this afternoon and we were unlucky not to take anything from the game. You just won’t accept it though, these things happen in football…move on.

In fairness, this was/is the only realistically “should win” game in the near future/past. Makes it much worse than a normal defeat.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 1198 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:33 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

I was disappointed when he let Whittaker go past him, a few times, works hard and worthy of his place though, just need coaching on his defence, but he's more than decent.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 3 with 1200 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:53 - Feb 3 by jackrmee

Yes I agree Joe should be captain, but only if he can keep his place in the side. I don’t agree with club captains who don’t play, that’s even worse than a quiet captain on the field.

I can’t really comment about who else could replace him, as I’m not privy to the players’ attitudes, but Darling does seem a little immature/erratic. Probably louder than grimes though I suppose. But like you said, it takes a huge guts to change captain mid term. There usually needs to be a major reason, plus also an obvious replacement. No manager will change captain to someone who is not utterly obvious and clear.

I agree relegation is definitely an issue still.
Hudds and QPR both picked up massive wins today. It’s gonna be close once this raft of solid matches is over. 6 pointers galore after that

Realistic and honest
Does you credit

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:15 - Feb 3 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:52 - Feb 3 by swan_si

😱🙄

Come on .
You’re quick to post bile but slow to offer an opinion free of smileys
You like Grines as captain.
Yes or no?
That simple
I challenge you to reply without

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 1143 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:57 - Feb 3 by jackrmee

In fairness, this was/is the only realistically “should win” game in the near future/past. Makes it much worse than a normal defeat.

This 100%, we're glancing over our shoulder at the moment, in a couple of games later we could be looking our our shoulder and ordering diapers from Boots.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:21 - Feb 3 with 1137 viewsSTID2017

Think Darling is.

These are key issues

Doom mongering again

And in what life would you be watching us at Fleetwood ?
I would wager you wouldnt go and watch us at Tranmere

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:24 - Feb 3 with 1120 viewsRichardO

Only trouble is they didn't have to work very hard to get the win.
As for the Swns the space created when Plymouth pushed up should have been exploited, Cabango, Naughton and Ronald linking up well creating chances but when the pressure to score mounts bad choices or play ensues such as Paterson's missed shot similar to Allen's in previous game. We didn't make the most of our chances and who know if we had scored what Plymouth's response would have created, we lost played well at times but defensive lapse let us down again it is almost as if the new way of playingand coaching does not include how to defend properly.
As the pressure of relegation increases so will the mistakes.
Thought the refereeing again was poor.
[Post edited 3 Feb 20:03]
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:26 - Feb 3 with 1110 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 18:00 - Feb 3 by lifelong

Yates had to score with that chance in the first half, excellent play by Ronald who put in a perfect square ball for Yates to slot home, instead he hits it straight at the keeper.
We created a few more chances which could have won us this game quite comfortably… frustrating day at the stadium.

It came across at some pace mind, I thought he did well to get a foot on it perhaps he got to much on it, at a slight glance it probably would have gone in, I do think that he should have done better with his header in the second half.

Just my opinion though.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:30 - Feb 3 with 1097 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:15 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Come on .
Yes or no?
That simple

You say I'm quick to post bile? OMG 😂😂😂 you really are 🤪
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:31 - Feb 3 with 1097 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:15 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Come on .
Yes or no?
That simple

I think most people have the sense to realise that as a club captain he is respected by the other players.
Those that work with him day to day respect him.
He may frustrate us as fans but until a manager turns round and tells him to have the confidence to go forward rather than back and to make more runs and shots, he won't.
He is playing as he is told to play.
Just because he is not screaming at everyone doesn't mean he isn't a good captain.
Personally I find him frustrating, but unlike you I do not want him hounded out of the club.
Personally I would rather see a more demonstrative captain on the pitch, but it is what it is

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:36 - Feb 3 with 1066 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:30 - Feb 3 by swan_si

You say I'm quick to post bile? OMG 😂😂😂 you really are 🤪

The fact that he can post that shows he has no understanding of himself or how he comes across
He posts some of the most vile posts on here, thinking that the "I'm a grumpy old man, so I'll say what I like" is a get out

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:47 - Feb 3 with 1011 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:36 - Feb 3 by STID2017

The fact that he can post that shows he has no understanding of himself or how he comes across
He posts some of the most vile posts on here, thinking that the "I'm a grumpy old man, so I'll say what I like" is a get out

The man is full of hate, can't be healthy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024