Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 10:20 - Mar 17 with 7389 viewsspell_chekker

In 40 minutes, at midday, I'll be going into government enforced lockdown.

I went out this morning to fetch the bins and bumped into the council litter picker.

He said that "they" aren't telling us everything and that really a country has exploded a nuclear bomb and the radiation is now all around us and falling out of the sky.

My god, it's going to be a boring couple of weeks.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown on 15:38 - Mar 29 with 600 viewsspudgun

Drove to Lancaster yesterday to drop off two bicycles at young spud`s flat. Him and his girlfriend are `key workers` and she needed a mode of transport to start work at 6 am - there is no train at that time, so she will have to cycle.

Although it was a necessary journey, we had the feeling of `wrongness` being on the road, as there was very little traffic on the 25 minute journey.

Whilst feeding the pig, three sallow yoofs pushing bikes appeared at the gate and asked if I had a bicycle pump - I walked up to them and said I`d find them one, but asked them to move well back from the gate.

The dopiest looking one asked: "Is that because your dogs bite?"

And I said: "No, its because of the f***in` virus".

He grunted: "Oh! Right."

So I got them a pump and watched two of them pulling wheelies whilst vaping, without a care in the world, whilst the other put air into his tyre.

I probably would have been the same at 16...

Lockdown on 16:03 - Mar 29 with 586 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Watched that drone footage of London, surreal seeing it that quiet.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 23:08 - Mar 29 with 572 viewsspell_chekker

With his car journey, has Spud set an unstoppable chain of events in motion? The likes of whic we have rarely seen.

Someone I know made a 40km dash yesterday to pick up a potter's wheel.

On the lockdown front, day X. The big news is that I chipped a tooth. I got back from my daily bike ride (the weather had deteriorated today - cold and windy), sat down, was in the process of taking my trainers off, and part of one of my front teeth simply fell off.

Therefore, it wasn't a chipped tooth, just an unexplicably deteriorated / disintegrated one.

Watch this space. More "spell"binding stuff to follow.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown on 23:38 - Mar 29 with 570 viewsspell_chekker

BTW.

It came into my mind that, if not for this crises then perhaps for the future, it may be wise to buy a gun.

Is that bad?

Lockdown on 23:40 - Mar 29 with 569 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I can recommend a good dentist.......

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 23:53 - Mar 29 with 566 viewsspell_chekker

Lockdown on 13:42 - Mar 30 with 562 viewsspell_chekker

I'm not venturing out of the house at all today.

It's like winter has returned. It's cold, wet, and even a few snowflakes have been forcast to fall.

Yuk.

Lockdown on 13:49 - Mar 30 with 558 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I've not ventured out of my pyjamas.

There's a rich image for you all to ponder (waves to the ladies)

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lockdown on 15:35 - Mar 30 with 552 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lockdown on 16:14 - Mar 30 with 535 viewsspudgun

Standards, dear boy, standards; we are not that type of forum (apart from spell).

One should never be in bed-time attire after midday; it is the slippery slope that leads to shopping in a onesie, and beyond.

It also implies a laissez-faire attitude to hygienic issues.

Desist, or go back from whence you came...

Lockdown on 16:37 - Mar 30 with 525 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

spud

I'm trying to use the current crisis to experiment with, and possibly subvert sartorial conventions that have hitherto held me back. In doing so I'm trying to leave behind any semblance of emotional repression and get in touch with my inner Terry Thomas.

We'll see how well I'm doing when I brew up next. If I can get her mind off the upcoming episode of "Pointless" I will know I am onto something.

Lockdown on 16:42 - Mar 30 with 520 viewsImperial

Not dressing for dinner then

Lockdown on 16:51 - Mar 30 with 517 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'll end up wearing my dinner, I would imagine.

Lockdown on 17:14 - Mar 30 with 509 viewsspudgun

I`m all for subversion of the accepted norms of sartorial elegance, but I do hope you still hold fast with the cravat, even with your jim-jams.

And, of course, we all doff our titfers toward TT - a beacon of caddishness we should all aspire to...

Lockdown on 17:34 - Mar 30 with 507 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Before

After

Lockdown on 17:43 - Mar 30 with 500 viewsspudgun

Uncanny Red, the very same outfit Robbie wore in the sixth form at big school...

Lockdown on 19:02 - Mar 30 with 488 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Aaah, but I had a prefect's tie as well.

On an unrelated note, I found myself looking forward to Richard Osman's "House of Games" this evening. Am I becoming institutionalised?

Lockdown on 19:30 - Mar 30 with 482 viewsspudgun

I think we all will be eventually; with me it`s Michael Portillo`s railway programme.

We`re in search of replacement ` little oases of joy` to fill the void of sport, restaurants, cafes and pubs...
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:01]

Lockdown on 20:03 - Mar 30 with 466 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Trumpy's briefings, I'm sort of hooked on them now. It's like Jerry Springer on steroids.

Lockdown on 00:06 - Mar 31 with 454 viewsspell_chekker

That's 2 weeks of lockdown done and dusted.

Today sees us enter the third week.

At the moment, the deadline for lockdown to end is in 2 weeks on 15th April. I can see that being extended for another 2 weeks, until the end of April / start of May, though.

After all, there's not much pont in coming out of lockdown until we've got this thing we'll and truely on the run. Even then, if there are only a handful of infected people remaining, won't they reinfect the rest of the population once more?

Lockdown on 08:27 - Mar 31 with 444 viewsROTTWEILERS

Interesting that each country has their own approach to the virus which is blind to borders. It's all very arbitrary.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Lockdown on 08:55 - Mar 31 with 436 viewsspudgun

That`s true Rotts.

The President of Belarus` approach of instructing the country to drink vodka and take saunas is certainly novel, as is Viktor Orban`s - which may be giving Trumpyboy food for thought.

Orban is certainly not letting a crisis go to waste...

Lockdown on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 434 viewsROTTWEILERS

haha... I was aware of the Belarus guy but not Viktor Orban. Hungary is an EU member state as well.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Lockdown on 14:17 - Mar 31 with 418 viewsspell_chekker

I had to look Orban up.

What did he say / do?

Lockdown on 14:55 - Mar 31 with 412 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

He's essentially taken powers to rule by personal edict.

Countries with far-right Governments in the style of Hungary, Austria and Poland will be the eventual undoing of the EU. Discusss.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024