Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG. 16:18 - Jan 3 with 18775 viewsconnell10

On his way?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG. on 16:19 - Jan 3 with 5928 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Bloody hell we can't sell our whole team can we

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

BFG. on 16:21 - Jan 3 with 5908 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-will-listen-offers-striker-squad-revamp-t

I like Polter, he is a handful but no more than a squad player. Probably a good decision.

I still think Washington will go
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 16:22]

Poll: Are we staying up?

BFG. on 16:22 - Jan 3 with 5895 viewsTacticalR

Everything must go.

Air hostess clique

BFG. on 16:26 - Jan 3 with 5843 viewsconnell10

BFG. on 16:21 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-will-listen-offers-striker-squad-revamp-t

I like Polter, he is a handful but no more than a squad player. Probably a good decision.

I still think Washington will go
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 16:22]

I think polts sees himself as a starter every week but maybe ollie sees him as a sub, i think washington will stay as he is a holloway type player.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG. on 16:29 - Jan 3 with 5800 viewspaulparker

Ollie has had a look in training and maybe thought the likes of chery, polter & henry arnt doing the basics or going through the motions even making up injuries
shame as the partnership with Washington should have been given at least 5 games after Norwich , that looked promising
I have a feeling we are going to end up with a Jon Walters or Robson-kanu on loan until the summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BFG. on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 5794 viewsWatford_Ranger

I've got a lot of time for Polter. Yes he has flaws but defenders don't like playing against him and when Sylla isn't fit he's the only one who can do a job up front alone. We'd probably have to spend more than we'd get to adequately replace him.
BFG. on 16:33 - Jan 3 with 5769 viewsNorthernr

There's more to the Polter situation than meets the eye IMO.

Anyway, looks like another six in six out window. Same again in the summer. Sack Holloway around November. New manager inherits squad of players signed under six different bosses. Twas ever thus.
BFG. on 16:35 - Jan 3 with 5736 viewsBklynRanger

BFG. on 16:31 - Jan 3 by Watford_Ranger

I've got a lot of time for Polter. Yes he has flaws but defenders don't like playing against him and when Sylla isn't fit he's the only one who can do a job up front alone. We'd probably have to spend more than we'd get to adequately replace him.

Very much agreed. I'd be reasonably gutted to lose Polty Polt. Can't agree with this. I wonder how strongly he's talks about wanting to go back to Germany?
Login to get fewer ads

BFG. on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 5709 viewsDannytheR

Unless people actually know what's going on, I think naming players who might have faked injuries is pretty poor. Not surprising, but poor.

Shouldn't be one rule for players and another for previous managers with genuinely dodgy reputations.
BFG. on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 5706 viewsdubaistu

BFG. on 16:29 - Jan 3 by paulparker

Ollie has had a look in training and maybe thought the likes of chery, polter & henry arnt doing the basics or going through the motions even making up injuries
shame as the partnership with Washington should have been given at least 5 games after Norwich , that looked promising
I have a feeling we are going to end up with a Jon Walters or Robson-kanu on loan until the summer

Jon Walters is the type of striker we should be looking at IMO. I managed to get down for the Villa game and was astonished how weak Washington was in the air and on the ball. Hope it works out for him.
BFG. on 16:47 - Jan 3 with 5613 viewsstevec

BFG. on 16:33 - Jan 3 by Northernr

There's more to the Polter situation than meets the eye IMO.

Anyway, looks like another six in six out window. Same again in the summer. Sack Holloway around November. New manager inherits squad of players signed under six different bosses. Twas ever thus.

You can hardly argue with the players being ousted though?

I've said all along, we've got a Championship defence but a League One midfield and forward line. That cannot go on.
BFG. on 16:56 - Jan 3 with 5544 viewsWestbourneR

Could never understand why BFG is so rated - he runs around a lot and is pretty good one on one vs the keeper but his all round game is very poor. He wins very few headers, he plays with his head down and runs down blind alleys, trips over the ball, unreliable first touch. Overall he is a poor player. If we get a decent bid we should take it.

For me Sylla shows up all the things Polter lacks. When a long ball goes to Sylla he makes it stick.

Washington - not worked out, not very good - should get our money back if we can.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

BFG. on 16:59 - Jan 3 with 5510 viewsqprnaas

This is insane... Polter does a good job and should be fighting for a place with Sylla and possibly or at least trying one of them partnering Washington or mackie up front... What happened to working with the squad we already have as was Holloways task?? And Polter actually is one of the leaders and motivators on the pitch from what I have seen too... Seems very disappointing
BFG. on 17:19 - Jan 3 with 5337 viewsLblock

Got a lot of time for Polts myself - I would agree he's never going to be clinical but goalkeepers converted to strikers rarely are!

My first thoughts on this took me back to last season when Benny dropped him from the matchday squad (or maybe to the bench). He alledgedly stormed off and then certainly posted some dissent on his Twitter account along the lines of "fcukin joke". Maybe he does have a questionable attitude? For me I thought fair play as the lad obviously wants to be out there.

Hope Ollie's got this one right as Polts on the bench would've been ideal with Cilla coming off last game. He occupies players far more than Washington does and I'd also say his a bit more durable than Mackie may be these days

We'll see.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

BFG. on 17:28 - Jan 3 with 5269 viewsdaveB

Polter hasn't looked fully fit for months
BFG. on 17:31 - Jan 3 with 5248 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Polts tries hard, runs around a lot and puts a shift in. Hard to berate a bloke who gives it all. I'm sure we can get better and if we can't, then we might as well pack up and go home!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BFG. on 17:32 - Jan 3 with 5228 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 16:47 - Jan 3 by stevec

You can hardly argue with the players being ousted though?

I've said all along, we've got a Championship defence but a League One midfield and forward line. That cannot go on.

Henry, fair enough, even without the argument, and even though I believe he is very harshly criticised, he's obviously gone on a season too long.

Polter I quite like.

Chery, decent player out of form and low on confidence. We've found it quite difficult to fit him into our team since he got here. If he doesn't want to stay (the transfer request doesn't necessarily mean that, it's just him forfeiting his 'loyalty bonus' basically) or has had his head turned AND we get a decent cash offer than maybe. But, again, nowhere near as bad as people suddenly think he is.

The players you crack on about are nowhere near as bad as you make out, and nowhere near as good as other people say. It's just typical QPR "he's sht, need a new signing" attitude. Gladwin, Henry, Hasselbaink, Phillips, Fer all of these people are supposedly "sht, need a new signing" and now they've all gone the results are still poor. Instead of noticing this, you just set off after Perch, Onuoha, Luongo, Chery or whoever it is this week. I'll bet you now, when they're all gone, we'll still be sht.

A few things worry me about this specifically...

1 - It is not healthy do keep doing this as a club. 6 in 6 out every window, manager changed every autumn. You end up with a squad put together under five or six different managers all of them with different ideals (because, unlike more settled clubs, the managers we hire are all wildly different as well). So Hasslebaink has made signings for a defensive set up 4-2-3-1, Ramsey made signings for a 4-3-3, Holloway is now making signings for something else. It leads to exactly what you see before you - odd, dysfunctional squad.

2 - Holloway's remit was to come in and work with what we had. "Rub off on them a bit", play them in their correct positions etc. We've abandoned that after a month have we? Going to spend yet more money on another lorry load of new players? Are we ever actually going to stick to one plan? "Conor Washington will score loads of goals, I can't wait to tell him, he's an off the shoulder striker, not somebody that comes in off the wing..." that lasted, what, a week? Played in a two up front, scored against Norwich, nearly scored in the first half against Ipswich, never been allowed to play there again.
BFG. on 17:32 - Jan 3 with 5226 viewslave16

BFG. on 17:19 - Jan 3 by Lblock

Got a lot of time for Polts myself - I would agree he's never going to be clinical but goalkeepers converted to strikers rarely are!

My first thoughts on this took me back to last season when Benny dropped him from the matchday squad (or maybe to the bench). He alledgedly stormed off and then certainly posted some dissent on his Twitter account along the lines of "fcukin joke". Maybe he does have a questionable attitude? For me I thought fair play as the lad obviously wants to be out there.

Hope Ollie's got this one right as Polts on the bench would've been ideal with Cilla coming off last game. He occupies players far more than Washington does and I'd also say his a bit more durable than Mackie may be these days

We'll see.

if we can sell polter (will be sorry he tries hard but sylla is better), Washington (not sure he will make it at this level maybe in a couple of years), cherry , henry , sandro and caulker and possible onhua and come out with more money than we spent on them I would say fair play.

lunongo I'm not convinced will make it here either...

Queens Park Rangers are set to accept a £2.5 million bid from Chinese Super League new boys Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng for Tjaronn Chery, according to the Sun.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 3 with 5163 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 17:32 - Jan 3 by lave16

if we can sell polter (will be sorry he tries hard but sylla is better), Washington (not sure he will make it at this level maybe in a couple of years), cherry , henry , sandro and caulker and possible onhua and come out with more money than we spent on them I would say fair play.

Queens Park Rangers are set to accept a £2.5 million bid from Chinese Super League new boys Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng for Tjaronn Chery, according to the Sun.

If you sell seven first team players in January, whatever you think of them and however they're playing, you're absolutely bloody crackers. Notoriously expensive time to buy, notoriously difficult time of the year to get anybody half decent because nobody wants to let them go halfway through a season.

If we're getting rid of Polter, Chery, Henry, and hopefully Caulker and Sandro for cash reasons. That's going to leave us needing at least one new striker if not two (at a time when the market for strikers is hyper-inflated), at least one decent central midfielder if not two, plus the existing problem areas - right back. Trying to do all that in January isn't possible - even if we get them all, on our budget they'll likely be stepping up a division or coming from Europe again, so they certainly won't be hitting the ground running, it'll take time (again) that we don't seem willing to give anybody.

We seem to be talking about replacing half the team in four weeks in the middle of the season while still playing games. It's bloody alarming, and yet all I'm hearing is "good, bloody sht, good riddance".

Like I say, I'm uncomfortable with this. Blow the team apart and then stick it back together with a winger on loan from Brighton, Charlie Adam, , couple of permanent signings, couple of kids coming back from a loan at Swindon and so on? Feels a bit baby and bath water for me.

Typical QPR thing to do though, we'll probably let him flog the other half of the team in the summer and then sack him in November.

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG. on 17:39 - Jan 3 with 5152 viewsbosh67

BFG. on 17:32 - Jan 3 by lave16

In the general scheme of things in China £2.5m seems low for Chery but I guess it will be about his wages there. I guess we take it if he wants to go.

Luongo, it is a case of trying to get this player properly coached but I am not sure we have the coaches to do so. Apparently Brighton may be interested in him and they certainly have better coaches.

Polter, surprised when I read a few lines on that. He has a great attitude but again, if he is missing Germany then better he goes home. Not too sure because a fit Polter is a right handful at this level and he's a grafter, which is what Ollie wants.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFG. on 17:45 - Jan 3 with 5101 viewsHunterhoop

Hold on.

We can't sell Polter. That leaves us with one target man. And he's concussed at present. And Holloway previously had an issue with him not speaking any English (not that it's an issue for me at all!).

Only yesterday it was being rumoured Washington was off to Brentford. Chery has handed in a transfer request...

How many forwards will we be left with?!

We need goals, not to sell goals!

Polter is hardly prolific but he works hard, appears the right sort, can hold it up, and has scored about 1 in 5. Washington has scored 2 in 25, by my count.

And more importantly than this, can we replace Polter with someone better than whatever we sell him for??

I'd suggest, in today's mad world, that's highly unlikely. There should end any thoughts being entertained on this matter.
BFG. on 17:51 - Jan 3 with 5061 viewsPunteR

BFG. on 17:32 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Henry, fair enough, even without the argument, and even though I believe he is very harshly criticised, he's obviously gone on a season too long.

Polter I quite like.

Chery, decent player out of form and low on confidence. We've found it quite difficult to fit him into our team since he got here. If he doesn't want to stay (the transfer request doesn't necessarily mean that, it's just him forfeiting his 'loyalty bonus' basically) or has had his head turned AND we get a decent cash offer than maybe. But, again, nowhere near as bad as people suddenly think he is.

The players you crack on about are nowhere near as bad as you make out, and nowhere near as good as other people say. It's just typical QPR "he's sht, need a new signing" attitude. Gladwin, Henry, Hasselbaink, Phillips, Fer all of these people are supposedly "sht, need a new signing" and now they've all gone the results are still poor. Instead of noticing this, you just set off after Perch, Onuoha, Luongo, Chery or whoever it is this week. I'll bet you now, when they're all gone, we'll still be sht.

1 - It is not healthy do keep doing this as a club. 6 in 6 out every window, manager changed every autumn. You end up with a squad put together under five or six different managers all of them with different ideals (because, unlike more settled clubs, the managers we hire are all wildly different as well). So Hasslebaink has made signings for a defensive set up 4-2-3-1, Ramsey made signings for a 4-3-3, Holloway is now making signings for something else. It leads to exactly what you see before you - odd, dysfunctional squad.

2 - Holloway's remit was to come in and work with what we had. "Rub off on them a bit", play them in their correct positions etc. We've abandoned that after a month have we? Going to spend yet more money on another lorry load of new players? Are we ever actually going to stick to one plan? "Conor Washington will score loads of goals, I can't wait to tell him, he's an off the shoulder striker, not somebody that comes in off the wing..." that lasted, what, a week? Played in a two up front, scored against Norwich, nearly scored in the first half against Ipswich, never been allowed to play there again.

This possibly is where LF should come under a bit of scrutiny.
I thought the idea of having Les as DoF meant there's a bit of continuity. We're supposed to build a football philosophy within the club and build a team that will eventually compete at a higher level. Managers come and go these days as do players but we just keep bulldozing after 6 months and starting again.
Obviously nobody has left just yet and its all rumours and maybe Holloway has to free up some cash to get one or two in.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

BFG. on 17:54 - Jan 3 with 5031 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 17:51 - Jan 3 by PunteR

This possibly is where LF should come under a bit of scrutiny.
I thought the idea of having Les as DoF meant there's a bit of continuity. We're supposed to build a football philosophy within the club and build a team that will eventually compete at a higher level. Managers come and go these days as do players but we just keep bulldozing after 6 months and starting again.
Obviously nobody has left just yet and its all rumours and maybe Holloway has to free up some cash to get one or two in.

Indeed. Problem is when the rumour went round that JFH had wanted Skalak (who went to Brighton and is now on their bench) but LF and Ramsey weren't keen he got pelters for undermining the manager. Then when he backed the manager and released Hill and Faurlin he got pelters for that as well. Can't win.
BFG. on 18:13 - Jan 3 with 4854 viewsBerkoRanger

Can Ollie do transfer interviews out of a car window? Just asking.....
BFG. on 18:18 - Jan 3 with 4797 viewsGloucs_R

BFG. on 17:32 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Polter I quite like.

I think Ollie has a couple of options...532 or 433/451.

532 will require an attacking right wing back, I think we are ok at left back. Plus an additional centre back although he may promote from the youth team. For this formation he'll use Washington and Sylla, a replacement for polter and a youth player.

433 will need a replacement striker to switch with Sylla as Washington can't play this role. This is where polter is the other option. Also a bit more muscle in midfield.

So maybe Clive is right, more to this than it seems especially with cherry leaving.

Does anyone think elk can do a job on the left?

Do any of these allow a number 10??

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024