Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin not staying 12:40 - Jul 1 with 10803 viewsSydneyRs

More surprisingly good news after the Dykes contract. Felt sure he'd stay on.

Did the job he came in to do and scored some crucial goals, especially Burnley away. Time for both parties to move on though.
Martin not staying on 12:51 - Jul 1 with 5751 viewsE15Hoop

Interesting - wonder if they feel that Charlie Kelman's ready to step up to the plate now, then?
Martin not staying on 12:54 - Jul 1 with 5725 viewsdmm

I can't see Kelman being cover for Dykes. Squad member at best. I take it Martin's departure means there's someone we're looking to bring in, maybe a loan.
Martin not staying on 12:57 - Jul 1 with 5704 viewsQPR_Jim

Sensible move by the club, hope they do the same with Balogun.
Martin not staying on 13:05 - Jul 1 with 5648 viewsNov77

It would have been MAD to start next season with Martin. Armstrong and Dykes.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Martin not staying on 13:10 - Jul 1 with 5615 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thanks very much to Chris - was not a big fan of the signing, but likelihood is we would have gone down without him. Great pro and important goals.

Bare bones.

Martin not staying on 13:10 - Jul 1 with 5608 viewsterryb

Thank you Chris Martin for what you did for us.

Hallelujah that you have left though!
Martin not staying on 13:20 - Jul 1 with 5536 viewsderbyhoop

Martin not staying on 13:05 - Jul 1 by Nov77

More sensible to start with Armstrong & Dykes alone?
We do have Kelman, Smyth and Lloyd. Whether any of those 3 prove to be good enough is something we'll have to find out.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 13:38]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Martin not staying on 13:25 - Jul 1 with 5481 viewsderbyhoop

Martin not staying on 13:05 - Jul 1 by Nov77

More sensible to start with Armstron & Dykes alone?
We do have Kelman, Smyth and Lloyd. Whether any of those 3 pro e to be good enough is something we'll have to find out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Martin not staying on 13:26 - Jul 1 with 5471 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dykes, Smyth, Armstrong, Kelman.

Could go either way!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 13:27]
Martin not staying on 13:31 - Jul 1 with 5422 viewsBlue_Castello

Martin not staying on 13:10 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

Thanks very much to Chris - was not a big fan of the signing, but likelihood is we would have gone down without him. Great pro and important goals.

Exactly this without Martins experience we would have gone down, he was a very clever intelligent player but it's undoubtedly time for us to part ways, we have to look to the future, so thanks Chris and good luck wherever you end up.
Martin not staying on 13:32 - Jul 1 with 5406 viewsRangersw12

Martin not staying on 13:26 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dykes, Smyth, Armstrong, Kelman.

Could go either way!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 13:27]

Be lucky to get 15/20 between them so the midfield need to step up !
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 13:32]
Martin not staying on 13:38 - Jul 1 with 5357 viewsToast_R

Nobody knows for sure how good a striker is until he starts a few games. I just feel Armstrong needs to score his first Championship goal and he'll be motoring. Kelman I've no idea about but give him a chance and see if he can step up. Could be the perfect foyle for Dykes.
Martin not staying on 13:43 - Jul 1 with 5313 viewsHammersmithR

Gone to Swindon apparently. So him and Austin upfront. Well that strike force won’t be getting behind the defence. Must be one of the slowest strike forces in history.
Martin not staying on 13:48 - Jul 1 with 5274 viewsLoyalitat

Martin not staying on 13:32 - Jul 1 by Rangersw12

The forwards need to do better and fulfil all aspects of their job description and either start scoring or score more. Starting with Dykes, 8 in nearly 40 league games last season is simply not good enough. Hope someone does come in, but as to whom is anyone's guess.

Martin scored 4 goals in his short period, which is only two fewer than Lyndon's total in open play. Thanks for your contribution on and off the field Chris Martin.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 17:31]
Martin not staying on 13:51 - Jul 1 with 5244 viewsNed_Kennedys

A decent contribution from Martin last season and made a vital difference to our survival chances.

Smyth is more of a winger IMO and I’m not convinced by Kelman so an injury to Dykes would be a disaster as it stands. Expecting Armstrong to contribute more this season as well.
Martin not staying on 13:56 - Jul 1 with 5219 viewsBAWHoops

Ended up being far more important than he ever should have been, but thank goodness he hasn't signed on.
We need a back up to Dykes, that much is obvious. We want to mplay with pace alongside him and at the moment we only have Smyth and Armstrong with any of that.
I can tell you now that a front 3 of Armstrong, Dykes, Smyth is heading for League 1 fast.
If we can bring in some cash for Willock and Chair (who won't suit the system) then another winger and striker will make it look a little healthier up top

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Martin not staying on 14:23 - Jul 1 with 5046 viewsDavieQPR

Martin wouldn't have been here if Armstrong had been able to step up. Needs a loan, still an athlete with boots on to me.
Martin not staying on 15:11 - Jul 1 with 4827 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't think we'll have the luxury of sending Armstrong out on loan. We don't have the money to sign a striker, who always come at a premium, so we're going to have to start using him more ourselves. What can't be denied is that he made big impacts when he actually got on the pitch. If they can get his fitness up, we need to start seeing him appear in most games. I saw big improvements in him between the start and end of the season - what he needs to add is goals. Even 7-8 goals for him next season would be a great start.

Bare bones.

Martin not staying on 15:27 - Jul 1 with 4740 viewscolinallcars

We owe him a lot. God knows what he thought when he was parachuted down amongst our surrender monkeys.
That interview was compelling and accurate.
Best of luck Chris.
Martin not staying on 16:01 - Jul 1 with 4582 viewsSuperhoops2808

Considering the toxicity when Chris Martin signed on this forum, it amazes me how people suddenly saying how he saved us from relegation.

Did what he needed to do for us and considering he was free at a time when our main striker was fighting pneumonia we owe him a great deal of gratitude. A leader on the pitch too.

Good luck CM
Martin not staying on 16:09 - Jul 1 with 4564 viewsbosh67

I have nothing but praise for Martin. He came in, he was professional, scored some crucial goals, led the line very well and was a good influence on the other players. Future manager material. Very impressive cameo for us. Good luck to him at his next club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Martin not staying on 17:55 - Jul 1 with 4243 viewsstainrods_elbow

Martin not staying on 13:32 - Jul 1 by Rangersw12

What free-scoring midfield is that again? If Willock can't get un-crocked, it won't even hit double figures, I fear. Right now, I'm not even sure we'll hit the feeble total of 44 goals we 'achieved' last season. Maybe . . .

Dykes 10
Chair 8
Willock 6
Smyth 5
Armstrong 5
Field 3

After that,I'm struggling.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Martin not staying on 18:03 - Jul 1 with 4205 viewsnumptydumpty

Martin not staying on 17:55 - Jul 1 by stainrods_elbow

What free-scoring midfield is that again? If Willock can't get un-crocked, it won't even hit double figures, I fear. Right now, I'm not even sure we'll hit the feeble total of 44 goals we 'achieved' last season. Maybe . . .

Dykes 10
Chair 8
Willock 6
Smyth 5
Armstrong 5
Field 3

After that,I'm struggling.

You forgot

Kelman 17
Adomah 6

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Martin not staying on 20:23 - Jul 1 with 3888 viewstraininvain

Surely we’ll sign a striker on loan if not a longer term deal. Asking for trouble if we rely on Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman. Injury to Dykes and we’d be reliant upon two strikers who have as many Championships goals between them as me!
Martin not staying on 20:58 - Jul 1 with 3793 viewsOakR

We seem pretty light on senior pros who can lead vocally on the pitch and the dressing room, and whilst that's not the only reason to keep him, we do need a few like him. I actually thought he might be decent cover for Dykes, if we are going more direct / crosses lack of mobility is slightly less important - I think he'd still have a few important goals left in him.

We will need someone else - unless we really have no budget at all.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024