Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV that hasn't aged well 11:50 - Sep 10 with 13604 viewsDaBurgh

To help pass the time until we are back in action next weekend, I propose a thread of TV stuff that we loved but really is just embarrassing now. I'll kick off with the following small selection.

MASH - I think it is still watchable, with some good story lines.
The wonder years - Still makes me guffaw, mainly because it is the era that I grew up in.
Cheers and Taxi - loved them both but my god they haven't aged well and I find them generally very embarrassing and unfunny now.
Frasier - excellent then, excellent now, could watch over and over.
Yes Minister - same as Fraisier.

And here are some series that I loved but should be too embarrassed to admit to it. The golden girls, The love boat, TJ Hooker, Fantasy island and the eternally nauseating Happy days.
TV that hasn't aged well on 11:54 - Sep 10 with 6815 viewsloftboy

They are showing the 6 million dollar man on one of the obscure channels at the moment, definitely not as good as I remember.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

TV that hasn't aged well on 11:57 - Sep 10 with 6795 viewsHayesender

Sorry.

I'm sure I used to find it quite funny back in the 80's. Saw a couple of episodes a year or so ago, and didn't raise as much as a smirk.

Awful unfunny dirge

Poll: Shamima Beghum

TV that hasn't aged well on 12:01 - Sep 10 with 6780 viewsderbyhoop

Monty Python.

In a sketch show you expect some things not to work but the poor bits far outweigh the memorable ones.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

TV that hasn't aged well on 12:09 - Sep 10 with 6741 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Will any of you admit to watching Dream Team nowadays?
TV that hasn't aged well on 12:23 - Sep 10 with 6673 viewsnumptydumpty

My deepest, darkest and well hidden faux pas is I watched Roseanne way too many times
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 12:24]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:07 - Sep 10 with 6618 viewsChrisNW6

V the TV series in the 80s about the alien invasion by walking lizards was a must watch. They showed it again about 20yrs later and sadly it didn't age well. Diane the female lizard leader was still sexy as f**K though 😂
TV that hasn't aged well on 13:17 - Sep 10 with 6585 viewsloftboy

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:07 - Sep 10 by ChrisNW6

V the TV series in the 80s about the alien invasion by walking lizards was a must watch. They showed it again about 20yrs later and sadly it didn't age well. Diane the female lizard leader was still sexy as f**K though 😂

And the lizard that was friendly was played by the actor who was Freddy kreuger.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:21 - Sep 10 with 6574 viewsbosh67

George and Mildred is still surprisingly funny. The Two Ronnies really haven't survived so well bar the classic sketches.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:27 - Sep 10 with 6553 viewsDaBurgh

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:21 - Sep 10 by bosh67

George and Mildred is still surprisingly funny. The Two Ronnies really haven't survived so well bar the classic sketches.

Yep I agree, I tried watching 'the gaffer' a while back, as I seem to recall that I thought it was quite amusing back in the day, it was bilge.
TV that hasn't aged well on 13:34 - Sep 10 with 6531 viewsR_from_afar

I watched an episode of "The Goodies" on YouTube recently. Some sections were truly inspired but most of it was cringingy weak, sadly.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:46 - Sep 10 with 6499 viewsPaddyhoops

Red Dwarf. Watched a repeat from first series the other night.
Oh dear.
TV that hasn't aged well on 13:56 - Sep 10 with 6461 viewsLogman

It's the acting in George and Mildred. Both were absolutely superb. Much like pretty much all of the Carry On cast. That's what pulls it off.
TV that hasn't aged well on 14:03 - Sep 10 with 6441 viewsWatford_Ranger

TV that hasn't aged well on 12:09 - Sep 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Incredible show. RIP Karl Fletcher.
TV that hasn't aged well on 14:08 - Sep 10 with 6426 viewsslmrstid

TV that hasn't aged well on 12:09 - Sep 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Signing for Harchester United was the footballing equivalent of moving to Midsomer.
TV that hasn't aged well on 14:39 - Sep 10 with 6324 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Porridge.

Only Christopher Biggins' annual appearance as Widow Tw@nky reminds us how old the show is.

Edit: My bad... I misread the title as 'has aged well'.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 15:26]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

TV that hasn't aged well on 15:13 - Sep 10 with 6239 viewsqueensparker

Little Britain isn’t even that long ago, but watch it now and you can’t believe it was broadcast
TV that hasn't aged well on 16:07 - Sep 10 with 6142 viewsPindarus

The Black and White Minstrel Show. Can't believe it staggered on till 1978 and there are still people around who think it was harmless fun and should be brought back.
TV that hasn't aged well on 17:23 - Sep 10 with 6008 viewshamptonhillhoop

I watched an old episode of Blankety Blank the other day, which was being shown as part of some BBC4 nostalgia thing. Diddy David Hamilton kept trying to tell Irish jokes to Terry Wogan. Elaine Stritch was trying to work out what was going on and half way through the show lit up a fag!
They also showed an old episode of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads with Bob and Terry having some very dodgy conversations about 'gymslip' sexual fantasies.
How times change!
TV that hasn't aged well on 18:27 - Sep 10 with 5887 viewsEsox_Lucius

TV that hasn't aged well on 17:23 - Sep 10 by hamptonhillhoop

I watched an old episode of Blankety Blank the other day, which was being shown as part of some BBC4 nostalgia thing. Diddy David Hamilton kept trying to tell Irish jokes to Terry Wogan. Elaine Stritch was trying to work out what was going on and half way through the show lit up a fag!
They also showed an old episode of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads with Bob and Terry having some very dodgy conversations about 'gymslip' sexual fantasies.
How times change!

Listen to "Stray Cat Blues" by the Stones. I think it would be safe to say you will never hear it performed live again, by either the Stones or any other band.

The grass is always greener.

TV that hasn't aged well on 18:43 - Sep 10 with 5849 viewshantssi

Minder and The Sweeney, painful now.
Agree about the Goodies, watched the first ever episode recently, dreadful.
Tried watching the Kenny Everett show, that hasn’t aged well at all.
Frasier and Yes Minister/Prime Minister still hold up very well.
Paddyhoops, just goes to show how different we all are but I’ve been watching the Red Dwarf re-runs, just brilliant, lost its way from series 3 or so on when Holly left though.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 18:45]
TV that hasn't aged well on 18:46 - Sep 10 with 5832 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

TV that hasn't aged well on 16:07 - Sep 10 by Pindarus

The Black and White Minstrel Show. Can't believe it staggered on till 1978 and there are still people around who think it was harmless fun and should be brought back.

It wasnt even cancelled, the BBC just didnt renew it. Worse still the show then transferred to piers, theatres and working mens club and ran until 1987 ! WTF!
TV that hasn't aged well on 19:06 - Sep 10 with 5792 viewskensalriser

The Cosby Show. That's aged very badly indeed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

TV that hasn't aged well on 19:28 - Sep 10 with 5752 viewsdavman

Sorry, bosh, but The Two Ronnies remain hilarious to me...
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 19:29]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TV that hasn't aged well on 19:32 - Sep 10 with 5726 viewsdavman

TV that hasn't aged well on 13:46 - Sep 10 by Paddyhoops

Red Dwarf. Watched a repeat from first series the other night.
Oh dear.

God, I hate fat fingers / small phones. Should have been a down vote there. Red Dwarf was, and remains, the best sitcom for years and years that the BBC produced.

(Of course, just MY opinion... ).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TV that hasn't aged well on 19:37 - Sep 10 with 5710 viewsCamberleyR

TV that hasn't aged well on 18:43 - Sep 10 by hantssi

Minder and The Sweeney, painful now.
Agree about the Goodies, watched the first ever episode recently, dreadful.
Tried watching the Kenny Everett show, that hasn’t aged well at all.
Frasier and Yes Minister/Prime Minister still hold up very well.
Paddyhoops, just goes to show how different we all are but I’ve been watching the Red Dwarf re-runs, just brilliant, lost its way from series 3 or so on when Holly left though.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 18:45]

Agree about the Kenny Everett shows. I always thought he wasn't as good after he went to the BBC in the 80s as I remembered his Thames shows being hilarious and a bit edgy as a teenager in the late 70s.

Forget which satellite channel it was but last year they re-ran all his Thames shows and I recorded them all but I have to say I was really disappointed watching them and they hadn't aged well at all.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024