Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets now on sale 13:22 - Apr 7 with 2068 viewsSalisburySaint

Tickets now available, prices frozen until 31st May, Block 15 added to cheapest category where tickets are £399

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-04-07/season-tickets-southampton-fc-2022

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-04-07/~/link.aspx?_id=7C7CEF342CE84DFE91
Season Tickets now on sale on 13:26 - Apr 7 with 2049 viewsfranniesTache

Really pleased/impressed by this, was expecting an increase to cover money the club lost during covid so a freeze and expanding the cheap blocks is brilliant from the club.
Season Tickets now on sale on 13:31 - Apr 7 with 2030 viewsTimSaint

As an aside from this, I saw last week that Leeds fans had until 31st March to renew their Season Tickets for next season - a week before ours even went on sale.

I will be renewing ours, but not until a few days before deadline.

TimSaint

Season Tickets now on sale on 14:16 - Apr 7 with 1990 viewsdarthvader

Season Tickets now on sale on 13:31 - Apr 7 by TimSaint

As an aside from this, I saw last week that Leeds fans had until 31st March to renew their Season Tickets for next season - a week before ours even went on sale.

I personally will just get a membership as i cant go to all games , but the games i do go to i want to be able to get a ticket .

keep the faith coyr

Season Tickets now on sale on 14:33 - Apr 7 with 1974 viewskingslandstand1

Did Leeds get any wayleave on prices should they go down?
Season Tickets now on sale on 14:49 - Apr 7 with 1957 viewsTimSaint

Season Tickets now on sale on 14:33 - Apr 7 by kingslandstand1

Did Leeds get any wayleave on prices should they go down?

No idea to be honest.

I very much doubt they will go down, but if they do, at least they will be getting an extra 4 home games included in their ST prices :-)

TimSaint

Season Tickets now on sale on 17:23 - Apr 7 with 1851 viewsSaintNick

Why wait until a few days before the deadline ? it is hardly going to make a fortune in the bank with interest rates low, six weeks of £700 or so will earn pennies, about 0.70p a year if your lucky so about 0.06p over 6 weeks.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Tickets now on sale on 17:54 - Apr 7 with 1825 viewsBerber

Season Tickets now on sale on 17:23 - Apr 7 by SaintNick

Why wait until a few days before the deadline ? it is hardly going to make a fortune in the bank with interest rates low, six weeks of £700 or so will earn pennies, about 0.70p a year if your lucky so about 0.06p over 6 weeks.

That assumes the cash is in the bank,
Season Tickets now on sale on 18:22 - Apr 7 with 1804 viewsMytchettSaint

Why is there no loyalty price for those renewing in the Itchen South?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets now on sale on 07:37 - Apr 8 with 1661 viewsdwayne_dibley

Does not the same logic apply to the benefit of the club, in fact they could be hit for additional Corporation Tax if you renew early.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Season Tickets now on sale on 09:01 - Apr 8 with 1620 viewsChesham_Saint

Season Tickets now on sale on 07:37 - Apr 8 by dwayne_dibley

Does not the same logic apply to the benefit of the club, in fact they could be hit for additional Corporation Tax if you renew early.

Wouldn’t that depend on when their tax year ends?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Season Tickets now on sale on 11:17 - Apr 8 with 1590 viewsTimSaint

It is more a matter of principle than gaining any interest on my money.

It might just be me, but where possible, I prefer to wait at least until the current season has finished before buying for next season.

I know you will probably say something about how the club can benefit from my early payment, but I have 2 STs to pay for and although I could easily dip into my savings, I prefer to use the monthly money I pay into my 'football account' that covers ST purchases and away days.

TimSaint

Season Tickets now on sale on 15:20 - Apr 8 with 1537 views1ASIN12

Season Tickets now on sale on 11:17 - Apr 8 by TimSaint

It is more a matter of principle than gaining any interest on my money.

It might just be me, but where possible, I prefer to wait at least until the current season has finished before buying for next season.

I know you will probably say something about how the club can benefit from my early payment, but I have 2 STs to pay for and although I could easily dip into my savings, I prefer to use the monthly money I pay into my 'football account' that covers ST purchases and away days.

I shall be doing exactly the Same , must to Nicks disgust as he seems to think we all have £700 sitting in the bank and should give the club our money as quickly as possible.

Next he’ll be telling us we should go and spend our money on the club shop through the close season too .

If I renew and pay on my credit card it will be the July by the time I have to pay by which time I’ll haved saved up enough to pay in full ( mainly due to not having to spend money on away games for a couple of months) .

Not every fan can afford a season ticket , not every fan can afford to go to every home game , not every fan can afford to go to every away game .

It’s nothing to do with gaining 0.06p of interest or what ever it is .

He completely misses the point .
Season Tickets now on sale on 07:15 - Apr 9 with 1390 viewsdwayne_dibley

Season Tickets now on sale on 15:20 - Apr 8 by 1ASIN12

I shall be doing exactly the Same , must to Nicks disgust as he seems to think we all have £700 sitting in the bank and should give the club our money as quickly as possible.

Next he’ll be telling us we should go and spend our money on the club shop through the close season too .

If I renew and pay on my credit card it will be the July by the time I have to pay by which time I’ll haved saved up enough to pay in full ( mainly due to not having to spend money on away games for a couple of months) .

Not every fan can afford a season ticket , not every fan can afford to go to every home game , not every fan can afford to go to every away game .

true
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 9:10]

Season Tickets now on sale on 09:30 - Apr 9 with 1327 viewsSaintNick

Season Tickets now on sale on 15:20 - Apr 8 by 1ASIN12

I dont completely miss the point, i appreciate that some people have to save up and juggle finances.

What I was doing was making the point that "Its better in my bank account than theirs" theory doesnt really hold any water.

If I did tell people to spend money in the club shop where is the problem with that, are we not supporters of Southampton Football Club, should we not want to support it financially if we have the means to do so.

These days there seems to be an attitude towards the club, on one hand we demand the club makes signings etc, but on the other we are demanding that the owner pays for it and the fans don't dip into their own pockets.

As I said I appreciate the points you are making, I understand that not every fan can go to every game etc etc, I understand that, I also understand that not every fan actually wants to go to every game, that is fine, we all support the club to our own level.

All I am saying is that for any business cash flow is crucial, we want early new signings then 15,000 season ticket holders renewing at £700 puts £10 million in the bank, that is a big chunk of downpayments, it also shows the club that the fans are behind the team and the income throughout the season is there.

At the other end of the scale if we reach the the last week of May and no one has renewed then that is telling the club that there is apathy in the fanbase and wont exactly enthuse them to put their own money on the line.

We slag off Liverpool fans, but they are successful because they have a global support that they can generate income from,, they release their new shirt and 10,000 people in India will buy it on the first day of sale, when ours go on sale 10,000 people will take to social media to moan about it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Tickets now on sale on 18:24 - Apr 9 with 1238 viewsdwayne_dibley

so a 0-6 PR disaster of the Matt Hancock dimension

Season Tickets now on sale on 18:26 - Apr 9 with 1238 views1ASIN12

Season Tickets now on sale on 09:30 - Apr 9 by SaintNick

I dont completely miss the point, i appreciate that some people have to save up and juggle finances.

What I was doing was making the point that "Its better in my bank account than theirs" theory doesnt really hold any water.

If I did tell people to spend money in the club shop where is the problem with that, are we not supporters of Southampton Football Club, should we not want to support it financially if we have the means to do so.

These days there seems to be an attitude towards the club, on one hand we demand the club makes signings etc, but on the other we are demanding that the owner pays for it and the fans don't dip into their own pockets.

As I said I appreciate the points you are making, I understand that not every fan can go to every game etc etc, I understand that, I also understand that not every fan actually wants to go to every game, that is fine, we all support the club to our own level.

All I am saying is that for any business cash flow is crucial, we want early new signings then 15,000 season ticket holders renewing at £700 puts £10 million in the bank, that is a big chunk of downpayments, it also shows the club that the fans are behind the team and the income throughout the season is there.

At the other end of the scale if we reach the the last week of May and no one has renewed then that is telling the club that there is apathy in the fanbase and wont exactly enthuse them to put their own money on the line.

We slag off Liverpool fans, but they are successful because they have a global support that they can generate income from,, they release their new shirt and 10,000 people in India will buy it on the first day of sale, when ours go on sale 10,000 people will take to social media to moan about it

I find it strange how you choose the 2nd biggest club in the country to compare Saints with .

Liverpool are a far bigger club and with a far bigger fan base to sell tickets and merchandise to . If someone can’t go then they could sell their ticket 5 times over .

You are better of comparing Saints with someone like Crystal Palace or Brighton clubs with similar size fan bases.

I dare say that if your favourite club had won as much as Saints have in the last 100 years and just had their yearly stuffing then just possibly they may have fans “ moaning on social meadia”

But hay ho not like you to have a dig at Saints fans is it .

For what’s it worth I think most saints fans are positive for next season.
Season Tickets now on sale on 18:46 - Apr 9 with 1224 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets now on sale on 09:30 - Apr 9 by SaintNick

I was with you until the Liverpool comments. You must be on a wind up. Liverpool fans don't put up with thrashings every year and their players downing tools when they don't fancy the fight. Liverpool win trophies every year, so are probably a little more motivated to buy shirts? And if they are as downtrodden as they say they are, I bet there are many who can't afford it. It's the tourists buying their shirt as you say. The Saints players were a disgrace today, so hardly motivation for season tickets or shirt sales.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 18:50]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024