Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins 10:20 - May 26 with 2167 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57836/saints-sack-coache

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 10:42 - May 26 with 2136 viewsSadoldgit

If Ralph is going after next season it would be an excellent opportunity to bring in his replacement now as part of the new coaching set up so that the takeover when he leaves is seamless.
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 10:51 - May 26 with 2102 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 10:42 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

If Ralph is going after next season it would be an excellent opportunity to bring in his replacement now as part of the new coaching set up so that the takeover when he leaves is seamless.

So you think our new boss should be a coach with no experience of being a manager himself?

No experienced manager is going to agree to be Ralph's number 2 for a year.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:08 - May 26 with 2087 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 10:51 - May 26 by saints__fan__73

So you think our new boss should be a coach with no experience of being a manager himself?

They might if they haven’t managed in England before and need a year to learn more about the Prem.

The recently-departed Borussia Dortmund manager, maybe?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:27 - May 26 with 2045 viewsButty101

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:08 - May 26 by PatfromPoole

They might if they haven’t managed in England before and need a year to learn more about the Prem.

The recently-departed Borussia Dortmund manager, maybe?

Classic Nick Article i can see things no one else can....

"I have long said on this site that the main issue with the club at the moment wasn't the manager, but the lack of coaching ability and experience to back him up, Ralph Hasenhuttl has come under fire of late from some quarters, but those that berate him rarely have any solutions, they have just looked at poor results and blamed the manager."

I havent seen anyone wanting these guys as coaches. Merrington on radio solent has been saying this for a long time..... However the manager still needs to go, he sets the tone in the club and the team is a reflection of his personality. Perhaps he is just going through the motions hence the team dropped off.

As for alternatives the forest manager or Eddie howe.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:40 - May 26 with 2008 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hassenhüttl is definitely running out of excuses now.
Sometime, hopefully very soon, it will dawn on the owners that it’s time for him to go.
Wonder who else/what will get the blame next?
Shirts too itchy? Sack the kit man.
Grass was too wet/long/short? Sack the groundsman.
Half time tea too sweet? Sack the tea lady.

Get rid of Hassenhüttl asap.
This is my final post on him.
If he stays, I hope I’m proved wrong.

Have a great summer y’all!
I’m off for a tour of Brentford’s ground and some prawn sandwiches at The Emirates.
Let’s end with a song 🎵

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:49 - May 26 with 1981 viewsI_would

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 10:42 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

Yes great idea let's get a cheap trainee in that'll be an improvement.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 12:05 - May 26 with 1952 viewsElijahK

Well that basically confirms that Ralph’s not going until next season, but hopefully with some new signings and coaches, we won’t need to think/debate over whether he should be sacked or not.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 12:42 - May 26 with 1894 viewsSaintNick

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:27 - May 26 by Butty101

Classic Nick Article i can see things no one else can....

"I have long said on this site that the main issue with the club at the moment wasn't the manager, but the lack of coaching ability and experience to back him up, Ralph Hasenhuttl has come under fire of late from some quarters, but those that berate him rarely have any solutions, they have just looked at poor results and blamed the manager."

I havent seen anyone wanting these guys as coaches. Merrington on radio solent has been saying this for a long time..... However the manager still needs to go, he sets the tone in the club and the team is a reflection of his personality. Perhaps he is just going through the motions hence the team dropped off.

As for alternatives the forest manager or Eddie howe.

I never say I see things no one else can, I say what I think, some people agree but some don't and cant see it, its all about opinions.

Is there anything in your highlighted statement that is untrue, I see few people demanding Ralph go offering any solutions, they just blame results, how many people still hark on about the 9-0 defeats

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 13:27 - May 26 with 1804 viewsSadoldgit

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 10:51 - May 26 by saints__fan__73

Didn’t say that did I? And what is the problem in working alongside someone for a while to get used to the club’s DNA? It isn’t as if Klopp or Pep are going to join us. A junior person learning the ropes is more likely. If Ralph is serious about quitting, perhaps a role upstairs could suit him at some point.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 13:33]
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 13:34 - May 26 with 1783 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 13:27 - May 26 by Sadoldgit

Didn’t say that did I? And what is the problem in working alongside someone for a while to get used to the club’s DNA? It isn’t as if Klopp or Pep are going to join us. A junior person learning the ropes is more likely. If Ralph is serious about quitting, perhaps a role upstairs could suit him at some point.

Pretty much yes you did.

No manager is going to take a job managing us if he has to be Ralph's tea-boy for a year. You might get one to agree to this if it was the Barca job but not lil ol Saints.

So if anyone would do that with us it would have to be someone with no experience of the top job himself.

Which is why your wacky plan has about as much chance of being accurate as we do of reaching the CL next season.

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 13:39 - May 26 with 1785 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 12:42 - May 26 by SaintNick

I never say I see things no one else can, I say what I think, some people agree but some don't and cant see it, its all about opinions.

Is there anything in your highlighted statement that is untrue, I see few people demanding Ralph go offering any solutions, they just blame results, how many people still hark on about the 9-0 defeats

We missed our chance with Howe at the start of the season.

I think he would have taken the job at that time.

Now his stock is high again, I suspect if Newcastle were insane enough to sack him and go for a big name, Howe would now turn us down.

But he would be my number 1 choice.

Like Wiz, I also like Dyche.

Yes, Burnley are down largely due to results while he was there, but he did get them into Europe and I see parallels with Strachan, who did take Cov down shortly before he came to us. Many people forget this.

Both of these managers would be able to work with a smallish budget. People think Howe has spent a fortune at Newcastle, but how many Saints fans would have wanted us to sign Dan Burn, Chris Wood or Matt Targett?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 14:04 - May 26 with 1744 viewsSadoldgit

Pretty much no I didn’t. It is quite possible to work in tandem with someone without them just making the tea. Weren’t we told that Ralph would have some input into his replacement? Still, all you want to do is pick holes so carry on.
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 19:42 - May 26 with 1542 viewsRon11

Klopp/Pep would look a bit different trying to achieve what Ranieri did with Leicester City 2015-2016 in a 32,000 seat stadium and a non Liverpool/Man City style budget.
They're just mere mortals but with some of the best players and some of the biggest bank rolls in football.
I'd like to see either of them coaching the likes of Burnley or Leeds on a wet dank January afternoon.
Would they keep them up?
Our last two good managers were Pochettino and Koeman. It's time to give another up and coming English manager the job, not another Austrian or whatever who wings it most of the time.
A role upstairs.....doing what.....director of football?
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 20:04 - May 26 with 1505 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 19:42 - May 26 by Ron11

Klopp/Pep would look a bit different trying to achieve what Ranieri did with Leicester City 2015-2016 in a 32,000 seat stadium and a non Liverpool/Man City style budget.
They're just mere mortals but with some of the best players and some of the biggest bank rolls in football.
I'd like to see either of them coaching the likes of Burnley or Leeds on a wet dank January afternoon.
Would they keep them up?
Our last two good managers were Pochettino and Koeman. It's time to give another up and coming English manager the job, not another Austrian or whatever who wings it most of the time.

What's their nationality got to do with it?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 21:59 - May 26 with 1420 viewsRon11

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 20:04 - May 26 by saints__fan__73

What's their nationality got to do with it?

What are you trying to imply in some strange way?
We've had some excellent foreign managers, (as I said) and we've had some poor ones who were just winging it.
It would nice to give an up and coming English manager a chance for a change- we've had Scots and Welsh as well , Strachan, Burley and Hughes.
So if you're trying to suggest that I'm being even remotely racist with my comment you can fu cking do one you pathetic tw at.
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 23:12 - May 26 with 1359 viewsSadoldgit

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 19:42 - May 26 by Ron11

Would they keep them up?

Yes, Director of Football. Why not? As for the nationality, who cares where they come from as long as they do a good job and are 100% committed to the club.
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 08:33 - May 27 with 1234 viewssaintwizzler

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 21:59 - May 26 by Ron11

What are you trying to imply in some strange way?
We've had some excellent foreign managers, (as I said) and we've had some poor ones who were just winging it.
It would nice to give an up and coming English manager a chance for a change- we've had Scots and Welsh as well , Strachan, Burley and Hughes.
So if you're trying to suggest that I'm being even remotely racist with my comment you can fu cking do one you pathetic tw at.

He’s just a Wind Up Merchant with a personal vendetta against Nick.
Stick him on ignore.
He’ll soon go away.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 08:43 - May 27 with 1213 viewsSadoldgit

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 13:34 - May 26 by saints__fan__73

Pretty much yes you did.

No manager is going to take a job managing us if he has to be Ralph's tea-boy for a year. You might get one to agree to this if it was the Barca job but not lil ol Saints.

So if anyone would do that with us it would have to be someone with no experience of the top job himself.

Which is why your wacky plan has about as much chance of being accurate as we do of reaching the CL next season.

My “wacky plan” as you call it worked out okay at Brentford with Thomas Frank didn’t it?
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 09:24 - May 27 with 1160 viewsPoirot

Mark Fotheringham is a name ive heard sugg
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:48 - May 27 with 1085 viewsfranniesTache

Learning the ropes from Ralph is the opposite of what i want, i'd prefer a manager who doesn't ship 60+ goals a season, doesn't make changes 20mins too late and can instil some mental strength into a side instead of letting them completely collapse week in week out.

The solution isn't to move Ralph upstairs, it's to move him to the dole queue
Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 13:58 - May 27 with 1035 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:48 - May 27 by franniesTache

Learning the ropes from Ralph is the opposite of what i want, i'd prefer a manager who doesn't ship 60+ goals a season, doesn't make changes 20mins too late and can instil some mental strength into a side instead of letting them completely collapse week in week out.

The solution isn't to move Ralph upstairs, it's to move him to the dole queue

The mental weakness of the side is the bit that possibly bothers me the most.

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 11:19 - May 28 with 880 views1ASIN12

Saints Sack Coaches As Long Needed Revamp Begins on 12:42 - May 26 by SaintNick

I always think it’s people are running out of reasons to keep a manager / head coach wjen all they can come up with is “ who would you had instead ?”

It’s not the fans responsibility to chose and suggest who saints should appoint next ,let’s face it 99% of fans hadn’t heard of 50% of the head coaches Saints have had since returning to the top flight prior to them being linked with saints . I can’t remember any fans suggesting Ralph when Hughes was getting sacked .

There are loads of head coaches out there that could do a better job there are also loads that would do a dam sight worse .

For me I’ve be impressed with Patric Vieiria and the job he’s done at palace . 48 points and a cup semifinal with a team he had to rebuild nearly has to be considered a success .

Tomas frank has always impressed me at Brentford though so did Dean Smith before him . As others have said the job Steve Cooper has done at Forrest has to be recommended.

Not that any of the above will come or should come to Saints but just a very small example of what is about .

The club have decided that the change should come in the coaching department only time will tell if they should have gone further .

As for the look at me “ I was right “ attitude loads of fans have been right and loads have been wrong ( including Nick) it’s nothing special .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024