Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KWP 21:29 - Jul 10 with 2216 viewsBerber

I have seen 2 or 3 articles stating that he is under contract to 2025, then mentioning that there has been no progress on his contract. This is utter b0ll0cks surely. Why would we be negotiating 3 years before he is out of contract? Heck, some players are only signed on a 3 year contract.
KWP on 21:51 - Jul 10 with 2180 viewsElijahK

Yeah well like what’s happened with Prowse and Bednerak it’s just the usual media BS, and will have all died down/ended within a week or so.
As I don’t think we will be loosing anyone big this season, and certainly not for the reported fees that the clubs coming in to buy them want

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

KWP on 23:26 - Jul 10 with 2109 viewsPatfromPoole

Once a player gets down to 2 years left on their deal, if they are a decent player they start to hold all the cards, as the club won’t want to let it get down to 1 year left.

Which is basically what happened with Ings.

We had months of uncertainty, followed by a sale to Villa which could have relegated us if it wasn’t for Broja’s goals and all-round play (nod to Nick…….😉)

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

KWP on 23:34 - Jul 10 with 2075 viewsSaintsforeverj

KWP on 23:26 - Jul 10 by PatfromPoole

Once a player gets down to 2 years left on their deal, if they are a decent player they start to hold all the cards, as the club won’t want to let it get down to 1 year left.

We had months of uncertainty, followed by a sale to Villa which could have relegated us if it wasn’t for Broja’s goals and all-round play (nod to Nick…….😉)

Good point about the contract. I didn't realise he was in his last 2 years. He will know that he is decent and other clubs would want him and will pay more and Saints will know there is no point losing him for nothing or a much smaller fee in a year's time, if it's clear he won't sign a new deal. Would rather him stay but we might as well cash in if he is having thoughts of moving on. Maybe Saints will try to get him to sign a new deal, but we don't know what his thoughts are about his future.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

KWP on 23:40 - Jul 10 with 2066 viewsPatfromPoole

KWP on 23:34 - Jul 10 by Saintsforeverj

Good point about the contract. I didn't realise he was in his last 2 years. He will know that he is decent and other clubs would want him and will pay more and Saints will know there is no point losing him for nothing or a much smaller fee in a year's time, if it's clear he won't sign a new deal. Would rather him stay but we might as well cash in if he is having thoughts of moving on. Maybe Saints will try to get him to sign a new deal, but we don't know what his thoughts are about his future.

I’m guessing KWP has 3 years left….

If so, we can hold off from panicking for a while.

KWP on 23:44 - Jul 10 with 2062 viewsSaintsforeverj

KWP on 23:40 - Jul 10 by PatfromPoole

I’m guessing KWP has 3 years left….

If so, we can hold off from panicking for a while.

If it's 3 years, then yeah we aren't under any pressure to sell him.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

KWP on 09:39 - Jul 11 with 1878 viewsSaintNick

KWP on 23:26 - Jul 10 by PatfromPoole

Yes a 6 goal a season striker is always the difference between staying up and relegation, it is difficult to find a good one or indeed one that a club's fans have a good word to say about.

Still replacing him is easy, we just need to find one that can get 7 goals and job done.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

KWP on 10:02 - Jul 11 with 1853 viewsPatfromPoole

KWP on 09:39 - Jul 11 by SaintNick

Yes a 6 goal a season striker is always the difference between staying up and relegation, it is difficult to find a good one or indeed one that a club's fans have a good word to say about.

Still replacing him is easy, we just need to find one that can get 7 goals and job done.

Danny Ings scored 7…….

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goals?se=418

KWP on 10:02 - Jul 11 with 1852 viewsPatfromPoole

KWP on 10:02 - Jul 11 by PatfromPoole

Danny Ings scored 7…….

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goals?se=418

And er, Che Adams……..

Login to get fewer ads

KWP on 11:00 - Jul 11 with 1799 viewsSouthSeaSaint

KWP us under contract until June 2025 and is reportedly on £50k per week
KWP on 11:53 - Jul 11 with 1757 viewsPoirot

Sounds like his agent is using the media for a pay rise or threatening to go elsewhere. But ast stated with three years on his contract i doubt there is any talk going on. There are plenty of players only with one and two years to sort out first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024