Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bizarre selection 13:31 - Aug 8 with 942 viewssaint901

I have in the past defended some of the selection choices made by RH. Normally these were in games that meant little or nothing in terms of survival (in the PL) and as such could be forgiven (perhaps).

Saturday was different.

Spurs made some decent buys in the close season and even the most unsophisticated of football tacticians could see that they would play with high wing backs and players arriving from midfield, late into the box.

So we pick a back 5 (rather than a 4 with 4 more in midfield to squeeze the wing backs for space). Worse, we include in that back 5 at least one player (perhaps 2) who should be nowhere near the first team of a Championship side, i.e. Djenepo.

We have JWP who is now apparently expected to chase back, cover space, win the ball and play it forward to who? Adam A is literally not in this league. Stuart A is not a striker.

I get the need to pick a team from available players but come on.

The best player remains JWP and he needs to be able to do what he does best and instead he's doing everybody else's job.

We also needed to ensure that we got a result - perhaps a draw or a close loss - not a thrashing. Salisu was at fault for two goals at least but the rest of the defence was not much better.

If RH is having issues with players not wanting to be in his team, get them off the bench and leave them at home.

No more odd selections please. Pick the best 11 and ensure that give JWP the space to play.
Bizarre selection on 13:55 - Aug 8 with 856 viewsDorsetIan

It's been like this forever, 901.

When he eventually goes, one of the things that we will remember about Ralph is his bizarre/surreal tactical choices.

He thinks he's Miles Davis, when he still hasn't learnt his scales.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bizarre selection on 15:18 - Aug 8 with 792 viewsdwayne_dibley

Is Ralph copying the George Burley playbook

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Bizarre selection on 18:30 - Aug 8 with 771 views1885_SFC

Bizarre selection on 15:18 - Aug 8 by dwayne_dibley

Is Ralph copying the George Burley playbook

More like the George, Zippy & Bungle playbook, ie comical.

Old School is Cool

Bizarre selection on 22:00 - Aug 8 with 648 viewsRon11

It's coming across more and more as the Hassenhutl show - and if you don't like it, fu ck you.
And if I don't like you, I'll leave out of the side even if you can hold the ball up and score goals against a potential top four side like Spurs.
Even though I'm well aware that thousands of supporters have paid out for tickets and travel expecting to see the best possible line up on the pitch against Spurs, but instead, yet again I put out what I think is best- what do you know?
What an arrogant, idiotic prick you are.
Bizarre selection on 22:45 - Aug 8 with 605 viewsStAnt

It seems to me that Ralph overthinks and over complicates the game. Maybe he thinks he is some kind of tactical genius but he needs to realise that he isn't. Time to get a new manager who puts round pegs in round holes, picks a team and formation that works, instils some belief in the players and lifts morale. If he can get some moving off the ball, playing between the lines and composure at the back then that's a bonus.I'm tired of Ralph with his weird team selections, poor tactics and after match interviews when he blames everyone but himself.
Bizarre selection on 07:43 - Aug 9 with 520 viewssledger

Dyche is still out of work isnt he,and he would probably cost less in wages than the present t@at whose time is surely up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024