Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City away 12:28 - Sep 6 with 2617 viewsfranniesTache

Logged in to buy my tickets at 11am and was shocked to see there was probably only about 200 left, then realised we'd only taken the smaller allocation.

Does anyone know if we can extend to the full allocation because going by how quickly these have sold it seems a pretty bad mistake by the ticket office
City away on 12:33 - Sep 6 with 2599 viewsBuggalugs

Yeah, it says on the Saints website we have an agreement with City that we can request more tickets dependent on how quickly sales go....

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2022-23/man-city-vs-saints-2022-10-08/tick

Don't think we'd take the full allocation, but surely we should be able to take the middle tier too.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 12:34]

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

City away on 12:37 - Sep 6 with 2583 views1ASIN12

Reading the club website it states " we have taken an allocation of 1500 which may be increased depending on sales"

For Manchester City i think the club have to sell the lower tier 1st then the middle tier, then if we require the full 3000 odd then the top tier.

It might well be we haven't put the middle tier on sale yet.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we end up taking 3000 as its not a ground we normally take many too.
City away on 13:48 - Sep 6 with 2470 viewsfranniesTache

Looks like the first allocation is sold out, genuinely surprised that we've sold it in a morning.

Even more so when you consider there's no prices for advance trains at the moment and every is struggling for cash.

Fair play to our support for that, i'm the first to slag them but that's decent going and like others have said we don't normally travel to City in the same numbers we do United (same as we always take less to Everton than Liverpool)
City away on 14:49 - Sep 6 with 2414 viewsSaintsforeverj

The club seems to have got really tight on this, whereby they are selling block by block. They will put the middle tier on sale when the lower tier sells out, I would think. We don't normally take many to city, I hope we arn't taking a load of jollies, desperate to see Haaland and the best team in the world.

Villa is sold out too, weeks before the game, because we only took the lower tier. I don't like this policy of, see how many we sell in the first week. Many people, including myself decide to go, a week before the game sometimes, depending on how the team is doing and money left over etc. But good going, considering there is a cost of living crisis.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

City away on 15:24 - Sep 6 with 2360 viewsfranniesTache

City away on 14:49 - Sep 6 by Saintsforeverj

The club seems to have got really tight on this, whereby they are selling block by block. They will put the middle tier on sale when the lower tier sells out, I would think. We don't normally take many to city, I hope we arn't taking a load of jollies, desperate to see Haaland and the best team in the world.

Villa is sold out too, weeks before the game, because we only took the lower tier. I don't like this policy of, see how many we sell in the first week. Many people, including myself decide to go, a week before the game sometimes, depending on how the team is doing and money left over etc. But good going, considering there is a cost of living crisis.

I honestly don't blame anyone for cutting back on football right now, especially away days, it's a f*cking expensive past time and there's more important things to spend money on right now.

Can kind of understand the club's position too, they have to pay for all the tickets if they sell them or not, so doing it a block at a time makes sense, as long as they do actually take the other blocks.
City away on 15:37 - Sep 6 with 2350 viewsSaintsforeverj

City away on 15:24 - Sep 6 by franniesTache

I honestly don't blame anyone for cutting back on football right now, especially away days, it's a f*cking expensive past time and there's more important things to spend money on right now.

Can kind of understand the club's position too, they have to pay for all the tickets if they sell them or not, so doing it a block at a time makes sense, as long as they do actually take the other blocks.

That's the thing though, Villa sold out a week a go and there is 2 weeks to go, no more seats available. I know plenty who wanted to go, Friday night under the lights but can't go.

The point about the cost of.living, is that it's major crisis, so you would think they would only sell a hundred tickets, with all the travel costs etc. There seemingly arn't more important things to spend their money on as City has sold.out a whole tier in one day, more seats sold than normal times! Like you I'm very surprised.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 15:56]

City away on 16:43 - Sep 6 with 2272 viewsSalisburySaint

City away on 15:37 - Sep 6 by Saintsforeverj

That's the thing though, Villa sold out a week a go and there is 2 weeks to go, no more seats available. I know plenty who wanted to go, Friday night under the lights but can't go.

The point about the cost of.living, is that it's major crisis, so you would think they would only sell a hundred tickets, with all the travel costs etc. There seemingly arn't more important things to spend their money on as City has sold.out a whole tier in one day, more seats sold than normal times! Like you I'm very surprised.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 15:56]

Got one spAre ticket for Villa, one of mates unable to go as in hospital, if anyones interested
City away on 17:40 - Sep 6 with 2177 viewsSalisburySaint

There are still 600 of the original 1500 tickets available

If these tickets go quickly the club can get an extra 1500 tickets, but going on previous years I’d be surprised if the sell the initial 1500 quickly
Login to get fewer ads

City away on 17:45 - Sep 6 with 2172 viewsSaintsforeverj

City away on 17:40 - Sep 6 by SalisburySaint

If these tickets go quickly the club can get an extra 1500 tickets, but going on previous years I’d be surprised if the sell the initial 1500 quickly

For City, a game we usually take a small allocation to, it's fair enough to only take 1500. But for Villa, we normally take 3000. They sold out Villa a week ago, and I'm sure we could have sold a lot more. Their policy of "seeing how many we sell in the first few days" is flawed. It was obviously slow going for Villa in the first few days, so they decided on a final allocation of 1600, but then it sped up. Maybe people were on holiday when the tickets came out, maybe people were waiting for pay day. We have sold loads for City in one day, so on that basis, they should take another 1500, but I doubt we will sell 3000 tickets. So the policy is flawed.

Not enough tickets for Villa, but we will probably have far too many for City, if they decide to take 3000 because we have sold a lot in one day.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2022 17:51]

City away on 18:23 - Sep 6 with 2113 viewsSalisburySaint

City away on 09:21 - Sep 7 with 1855 viewsSaintNick

City away on 14:49 - Sep 6 by Saintsforeverj

As has been mentioned the issue is that the club has to confirm the allocation that it wants a month before a game, some like City will allow you leeway, but due to segregation you always have to pay for each block in full if you decide to take it, so if Saints sell 1,500 tickets then they have to commit to selling the other 1,000 in full .

Likewise Villa, yes we usually take 3,000, but we usually play them on a Saturday and when there are plenty of trains available, this is a Friday night on TV and the chances of selling another 1,500 are slim given the circumstances.

Selling patterns for away games are that the bulk of the tickets whether sell outs or not are sold in the first week of sale a month before the game.

I would suggest that those who only decide to go a week before the game don't get to many away games in a season these days, I would suggest that the only options for that would be City & Newcastle usually , and then depending on the game date & time perhaps Wolves, Leicester Leeds & Everton.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

City away on 09:57 - Sep 7 with 1830 viewsBuggalugs

City away on 09:21 - Sep 7 by SaintNick

As has been mentioned the issue is that the club has to confirm the allocation that it wants a month before a game, some like City will allow you leeway, but due to segregation you always have to pay for each block in full if you decide to take it, so if Saints sell 1,500 tickets then they have to commit to selling the other 1,000 in full .

Likewise Villa, yes we usually take 3,000, but we usually play them on a Saturday and when there are plenty of trains available, this is a Friday night on TV and the chances of selling another 1,500 are slim given the circumstances.

Selling patterns for away games are that the bulk of the tickets whether sell outs or not are sold in the first week of sale a month before the game.

I would suggest that those who only decide to go a week before the game don't get to many away games in a season these days, I would suggest that the only options for that would be City & Newcastle usually , and then depending on the game date & time perhaps Wolves, Leicester Leeds & Everton.

I think the ticket office have been a bit braver (#boldandbrave) over the last couple of seasons with allocations and most of the time they've got it spot on. In previous years we never would have taken the maximum number of tickets on offer for Leeds and Leicester like we did last season, but despite having a couple of hundred unsold for Leicester, they made the right choice for both. Roll back 4 or 5 seasons, I remember us only requesting 1500 for Chelsea and something like 1100 for Man Utd and Leicester.

There's no way we'd of shifted 3000 for Villa on a Friday night with no trains and there's nothing to suggest we'd get remotely close to 3000 at City. Yes, we could sell more than the 1500 we've got for both, but perhaps only 500 more leaving SFC having to pay for 1000 or so unsold seats. That would be ridiculous.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

City away on 10:09 - Sep 7 with 1825 viewssledger

can someone tell me why when i am on line at 9-30 many of the seats are already gone,is this because i am slow or as i suspect they are pre allocated
City away on 12:27 - Sep 7 with 1758 viewsSalisburySaint

City away on 10:09 - Sep 7 by sledger

can someone tell me why when i am on line at 9-30 many of the seats are already gone,is this because i am slow or as i suspect they are pre allocated

When tickets initially go on sale you will always find some tickets have already gone

These are allocated to players friends and families, regional supporters group etc.
City away on 12:45 - Sep 7 with 1738 viewsfranniesTache

City away on 10:09 - Sep 7 by sledger

Probably because since they redid the ticket site they've almost always gone on sale earlier than the time it claims, if i know there's not a lot of tickets i'll log in and try from about 8:45am because of it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024