Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! 16:59 - Jan 14 with 4198 viewsSouthamptonfan

Massive victory. Well done Saints. The Great Escape is on.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:41 - Jan 14 with 3108 viewsBison

Some of us fans will never back down from our views on the management and manager. One swallow dont make a summer but we played well today . JWP playing higher could be a masterpiece ( sorry I_WOULD I know your feeling about him and your wife ).

He has dropped the 5 at the back and Gorilla looks like a normal footballer again.

There will be bumps in the road but I am gonna give the sheep shagger a chance , talk of boycotts and booing is just silly now whatever the results.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:41 - Jan 14 with 3098 viewsHeisenberg

I have been critical of the Jones appointment but not too big to admit I may be wrong. He hasn’t found his starting 11 yet and the long ball stuff is sometimes baffling but watching the players celebrate with him shows they like him. He also seems able to change things and his subs seem to be more or less spot on.

Aside from that what a player JWP is. Fast becoming a Saints legend.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:47 - Jan 14 with 3073 viewsmushinexile

Well we've waited long enough for the new manager bounce. Must have been delayed in the Evri warehouse but now it is here, long may it continue.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:47 - Jan 14 with 3076 viewsGRIM

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:41 - Jan 14 by Heisenberg

I have been critical of the Jones appointment but not too big to admit I may be wrong. He hasn’t found his starting 11 yet and the long ball stuff is sometimes baffling but watching the players celebrate with him shows they like him. He also seems able to change things and his subs seem to be more or less spot on.

Aside from that what a player JWP is. Fast becoming a Saints legend.

Not a bad 7 days for the club.
We wouldn't have won that game if Ralph had still been here.
NJ's enthusiasm is rubbing off on the players & we need to start giving him a bit of credit instead of slagging him off.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:01 - Jan 14 with 3020 viewsSlacker

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:47 - Jan 14 by GRIM

NJ's enthusiasm is rubbing off on the players & we need to start giving him a bit of credit instead of slagging him off.

Agreed, lets get behind the manager and the whole team.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:06 - Jan 14 with 2982 viewskingslandstand1

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:41 - Jan 14 by Bison

Some of us fans will never back down from our views on the management and manager. One swallow dont make a summer but we played well today . JWP playing higher could be a masterpiece ( sorry I_WOULD I know your feeling about him and your wife ).

He has dropped the 5 at the back and Gorilla looks like a normal footballer again.

There will be bumps in the road but I am gonna give the sheep shagger a chance , talk of boycotts and booing is just silly now whatever the results.

Absolutely re the booing (should never have happened in the first place) and boycott talks, but still on the fence re him at the moment, but maybe he will start to endear himself to us with his interviews
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:07 - Jan 14 with 2979 views1teeminants

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:47 - Jan 14 by GRIM

Yep as you say the players seem to love him which tells you a lot. I don’t think Ralph ever had that relationship with the players. I think he fell out with too many.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 18:08]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:09 - Jan 14 with 2957 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

More egg on faces - for some ........... what was the point of being negative .... Just give NJ a chance !
Could anyone have turned a negative Saints team around in a few weeks ??

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:11 - Jan 14 with 2934 viewskingslandstand1

3 wins in a week, 3 competitions, and 2 away coming from behind at grounds that are not our favourites, especially today - when did we last win there?

Who'd have thought that after the Forest game nd what odds would you have got!
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:27 - Jan 14 with 2840 viewsScoot

Two cup games and one league and you're all getting hard-ons. I'm going to wait before I change my mind on the God-bothering nut job. At the moment I still think he's a weirdo no matter what the players think. We're still rock bottom don't forget that and he was brought in to change that. One defeat and were back in the shiit up to our necks.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:30 - Jan 14 with 2829 views1885_SFC

The last time we won at Goodison in the league (1997), the manager's name was... Jones.

Make of that what you will...

Old School is Cool

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:30 - Jan 14 with 2822 viewshedgeend61

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:11 - Jan 14 by kingslandstand1

3 wins in a week, 3 competitions, and 2 away coming from behind at grounds that are not our favourites, especially today - when did we last win there?

Who'd have thought that after the Forest game nd what odds would you have got!

1997 I think.

2/1, 10/1, 2/1, about 100/1
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:35 - Jan 14 with 2798 viewskingslandstand1

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:27 - Jan 14 by Scoot

Two cup games and one league and you're all getting hard-ons. I'm going to wait before I change my mind on the God-bothering nut job. At the moment I still think he's a weirdo no matter what the players think. We're still rock bottom don't forget that and he was brought in to change that. One defeat and were back in the shiit up to our necks.

I don't think many on here are actually coming in their pants just yet regarding where we are and all know we are in deep sh1t still, but let's milk those 3 games as that hasn't happened very often of late

And re NJ, let's all hope we are proved wrong from the early days. As I've said elsewhere, on the fence still
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:16 - Jan 14 with 2701 viewsScoot

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:35 - Jan 14 by kingslandstand1

I don't think many on here are actually coming in their pants just yet regarding where we are and all know we are in deep sh1t still, but let's milk those 3 games as that hasn't happened very often of late

And re NJ, let's all hope we are proved wrong from the early days. As I've said elsewhere, on the fence still

I hope you're right. It's just I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I was married once so I know what disappointment is and it's not nice.

I still think we've got a plank for a manager. I may be wrong and hope I am.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:23 - Jan 14 with 2684 viewsfelly1

Lots of fragile middle aged egos on here.
You sense sone would rather we lost to prove they were right.
They probably watch games with folded arms.
I couldn't care less what the manager is like , where he comes from or his personal religious beliefs.
I just want a team that fights and plays with belief because it's going to be a tough season and he's inherited an underfunded squad that were demoralised and broken.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:57 - Jan 14 with 2594 viewsBerber

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 18:09 - Jan 14 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

More egg on faces - for some ........... what was the point of being negative .... Just give NJ a chance !
Could anyone have turned a negative Saints team around in a few weeks ??

Tosh. Your last question is just plain daft. Are you suggesting that nobody could? Only NJ could? Anyone could? There will only be “ egg on faces” if he turns it round. Even the likes of Derby won some games when relegated with so few points. If he does turn it round, he will deserve some respect, but that doesn’t make him the right manager for the club. But we will have to wait and see won’t we?
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:57 - Jan 14 with 2593 viewsRon11

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:23 - Jan 14 by felly1

I couldn't care less what the manager is like , where he comes from or his personal religious beliefs.
I just want a team that fights and plays with belief because it's going to be a tough season and he's inherited an underfunded squad that were demoralised and broken.

I'm middle aged and I'd rather they win to prove that Hasenhuttl should have gone at the end of last season.And I don't watch with folded arms or an ego.
There were far too many people blaming the players for the situation when really they lacked tactics, selection and MOTIVATION from Hassenhutl.It was all about him, storming off down the tunnel instead of showing appreciation for the supporters on the pitch when they lost.
Which of course was often.
A few gobby young egos on here with a blinkered woke attitude.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 20:03 - Jan 14 with 2575 viewsGRIM

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:23 - Jan 14 by felly1

Agree with you telly1.
I think we all thought that NJ was a very strange choice to replace Ralph & he is a bit different to any other manager we've had.
But let's just let him get on with it, he believes in what he's doing, we were in freefall when he took over & despite this win we are still bottom.
We need at least another 23 points from the remaining games & the extra cup games we're involved in will test the players durability big time.
If he keeps us up he'll prove to be the right man for us.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 20:28 - Jan 14 with 2520 viewsUlsterBaz

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:16 - Jan 14 by Scoot

I hope you're right. It's just I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I was married once so I know what disappointment is and it's not nice.

I still think we've got a plank for a manager. I may be wrong and hope I am.

My thoughts word for word too! lol
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 20:57 - Jan 14 with 2433 viewsfelly1

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 19:57 - Jan 14 by Ron11

I'm middle aged and I'd rather they win to prove that Hasenhuttl should have gone at the end of last season.And I don't watch with folded arms or an ego.
There were far too many people blaming the players for the situation when really they lacked tactics, selection and MOTIVATION from Hassenhutl.It was all about him, storming off down the tunnel instead of showing appreciation for the supporters on the pitch when they lost.
Which of course was often.
A few gobby young egos on here with a blinkered woke attitude.

Same here Ron, I'm 52.
Totally get a moan n groan when we're losing, which let's face it has been our default setting for quite some time.
Just a shame to read so many salty comments after we've just won 3 games on the trot.
One against Man City and now a first away win at Goodison for 25 years are worth celebrating. Happy Saturday!!
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 21:13 - Jan 14 with 2382 viewsSouthamptonfan

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 20:57 - Jan 14 by felly1

Same here Ron, I'm 52.
Totally get a moan n groan when we're losing, which let's face it has been our default setting for quite some time.
Just a shame to read so many salty comments after we've just won 3 games on the trot.
One against Man City and now a first away win at Goodison for 25 years are worth celebrating. Happy Saturday!!

I have had doubts about Jones and the board, but I just want Saints to win. If Jones turns out to be the Messiah, I'll be over the moon.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 21:56 - Jan 14 with 2258 viewscocklebreath

After the Forest game I wanted him out and was fuming, 3 wins later and I can see the players are playing for him and like him, that’s good enough for me to change my mind (if we lose to Villa I might change it again)

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 22:06 - Jan 14 with 2228 viewsgrumpy

Agree re Players,Ron.
We have some very good players.
The Goalkeeper is young.
Kyle Walker -Peters
Salisu
Bella-Kotchap
Perraud
is not a bad defence.
JWP is a good midfielder alongside Lavia who is brilliant.
Maybe we start to struggle after that,but there is talent there too,
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 22:08 - Jan 14 with 2213 viewsRon11

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 20:57 - Jan 14 by felly1

Same here Ron, I'm 52.

Yeah, I got fed up with stating the obvious about Hasenhuttl, anybody with eyes in their head could see they weren't playing for him - their pace, their demeanour etc etc.
Like most I was completely puzzled by the appointment of Jones, but look at the players reactions after the City win and again today post match.If NJ can keep it and us up then that's fair enough.
Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 22:38 - Jan 14 with 2132 viewsSteveMoron

Forget the Jones Story, what a win!! on 17:41 - Jan 14 by Bison

🙄🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024