Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Saint Nick. 17:52 - May 13 with 3130 viewsmushinexile

And tellus how fxcking wonderful that was and how we should get behind the abject capitulation every single Fxcking weekend. The people employed to wear the uniform ( I won't dignify them wit the word 'players') were not worth booing off the field, stealing a bloody good living whilst not even pretending to give a fxck
Come on Saint Nick. on 08:15 - May 14 with 2813 viewsdwayne_dibley

seconded

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Come on Saint Nick. on 16:09 - May 14 with 2595 viewsSaintandy66

All gone quiet with saint Nick must be waiting for the dust to settle 🤣🤣
Come on Saint Nick. on 16:29 - May 15 with 2320 viewsSaintNick

Come on Saint Nick. on 16:09 - May 14 by Saintandy66

All gone quiet with saint Nick must be waiting for the dust to settle 🤣🤣

I havent told anyone how wonderful this season has been, all I have done is suggested that people stay behind the team and wait until its done and dusted before ranting and raving.

Yes it's been woeful but there was always the hope that we would have a late run and pull clear and right up to the Nottingham Forest game that was a possibility.

You are right about Saturday and the effort, but what do you expect, if you sing songs saying "we're f***ing sh*t" "we're going down" etc ect and then leave en masse in the 70th minute what do you expect your players to do, play for the shirt ?

Yes i get they are professional footballers etc, but football is about passion, at the end the players had just given up and so had the fans.

It is what it is, you can now rant and rave and let it eat you up and ruin your week, or you can put it in the past and move forward.

I find that hard to see happening, Sports Republic's statement to that affect just attracted abuse and like this thread abuse against someone who has a different viewpoint to yourself

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Come on Saint Nick. on 17:02 - May 15 with 2263 viewssaints__fan__73

Come on Saint Nick. on 16:29 - May 15 by SaintNick

I havent told anyone how wonderful this season has been, all I have done is suggested that people stay behind the team and wait until its done and dusted before ranting and raving.

Yes it's been woeful but there was always the hope that we would have a late run and pull clear and right up to the Nottingham Forest game that was a possibility.

You are right about Saturday and the effort, but what do you expect, if you sing songs saying "we're f***ing sh*t" "we're going down" etc ect and then leave en masse in the 70th minute what do you expect your players to do, play for the shirt ?

Yes i get they are professional footballers etc, but football is about passion, at the end the players had just given up and so had the fans.

It is what it is, you can now rant and rave and let it eat you up and ruin your week, or you can put it in the past and move forward.

I find that hard to see happening, Sports Republic's statement to that affect just attracted abuse and like this thread abuse against someone who has a different viewpoint to yourself

Still, you got your club back eh Nick?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Come on Saint Nick. on 17:18 - May 15 with 2236 viewsPaleRider

Come on Saint Nick. on 16:29 - May 15 by SaintNick

Firstly Nick, I expect obscenely well paid professionals to try hard at their jobs. The lack of effort has been an issue all season (in fact back to last season) and if staff in most other industries put in that degree of effort on a consistent basis they would be fired. I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to vent their anger at them. Personally, I don't abuse Saints players during matches but people have the right to express their frustration at being massively let down by employees, directors and owners of Southampton FC over the last few years (pretty much since the League Cup final against United) - just as they have the right to applaud players doing a "lap of honour" around the pitch after Saturday's game.

Secondly, I expect senior professionals to lead. JWP's comments at the weekend were indicative of a weak captain and, as has been mentioned regularly, the first team have lacked leadership on and off the pitch for sometime now (a lesson that hasn't been learnt). To be honest, Saints would have probably done as well if we had had no manager over the last few weeks! Fundamentally, this is an issue of poor recruitment and leadership.

Thirdly, the club statement is meaningless waffle. Ankerson and Kraft are meant to be football experts. However, the running of the club since SR have arrived has not been great - either on or off the pitch. Personally, I have a lot of sympathy for Solak as I believe he was conned by Ankerson and Kraft as to the level of their expertise - Saints have been treated as an experiment, which has failed miserably.

These issues have been abundantly clear to many supporters (who have supported Saints through think and thin) and I am shocked by how apathetic many older Saints supporters (including myself) have become over the last couple of seasons. As you rightly say action is needed; but then it has been for some time.

The club has been in gradual decline over the last few years and I have seen nothing from SR to suggest that they can/will learn. I hope I am wrong but I remain to be convinced.
Come on Saint Nick. on 17:35 - May 15 with 2214 viewsRon11

Come on Saint Nick. on 17:18 - May 15 by PaleRider

Firstly Nick, I expect obscenely well paid professionals to try hard at their jobs. The lack of effort has been an issue all season (in fact back to last season) and if staff in most other industries put in that degree of effort on a consistent basis they would be fired. I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to vent their anger at them. Personally, I don't abuse Saints players during matches but people have the right to express their frustration at being massively let down by employees, directors and owners of Southampton FC over the last few years (pretty much since the League Cup final against United) - just as they have the right to applaud players doing a "lap of honour" around the pitch after Saturday's game.

Secondly, I expect senior professionals to lead. JWP's comments at the weekend were indicative of a weak captain and, as has been mentioned regularly, the first team have lacked leadership on and off the pitch for sometime now (a lesson that hasn't been learnt). To be honest, Saints would have probably done as well if we had had no manager over the last few weeks! Fundamentally, this is an issue of poor recruitment and leadership.

Thirdly, the club statement is meaningless waffle. Ankerson and Kraft are meant to be football experts. However, the running of the club since SR have arrived has not been great - either on or off the pitch. Personally, I have a lot of sympathy for Solak as I believe he was conned by Ankerson and Kraft as to the level of their expertise - Saints have been treated as an experiment, which has failed miserably.

These issues have been abundantly clear to many supporters (who have supported Saints through think and thin) and I am shocked by how apathetic many older Saints supporters (including myself) have become over the last couple of seasons. As you rightly say action is needed; but then it has been for some time.

The club has been in gradual decline over the last few years and I have seen nothing from SR to suggest that they can/will learn. I hope I am wrong but I remain to be convinced.

Obscenely paid 'professionals' knowing that they're going down have no doubt been taking it easy because they now think they'll be off to greener pastures at the end of the season and don't need an injury to ruin their chances.'If Selles has a brain cell he'll now give the B Team a chance to show what they can do, as there's nothing to lose now.
Come on Saint Nick. on 18:02 - May 15 with 2172 views1885_SFC

Come on Saint Nick. on 17:35 - May 15 by Ron11

Obscenely paid 'professionals' knowing that they're going down have no doubt been taking it easy because they now think they'll be off to greener pastures at the end of the season and don't need an injury to ruin their chances.'If Selles has a brain cell he'll now give the B Team a chance to show what they can do, as there's nothing to lose now.

Selles will still believe the impossible dream that Saints can beat both high-flying Brighton & Liverpool in our final two games in order to cement his name as a 'possible' candidate for the job full time next season in the Championship.

Whereas we all know he's a clueless data analyst who's so far out of his depth it's laughable.

Old School is Cool

Come on Saint Nick. on 18:26 - May 15 with 2131 viewshedgeend61

Come on Saint Nick. on 18:02 - May 15 by 1885_SFC

Selles will still believe the impossible dream that Saints can beat both high-flying Brighton & Liverpool in our final two games in order to cement his name as a 'possible' candidate for the job full time next season in the Championship.

Whereas we all know he's a clueless data analyst who's so far out of his depth it's laughable.

With Brighton and Liverpool both chasing European spots, and after watching Brighton rip Arsenal to bits, anything less than 4 or 5-0 defeats will be considered a success for him, but should be enough for his P45, hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Come on Saint Nick. on 18:31 - May 15 with 2113 viewscocklebreath

Nick is relaxed about the situation

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Come on Saint Nick. on 10:16 - May 16 with 1898 viewsRon11

Come on Saint Nick. on 18:26 - May 15 by hedgeend61

With Brighton and Liverpool both chasing European spots, and after watching Brighton rip Arsenal to bits, anything less than 4 or 5-0 defeats will be considered a success for him, but should be enough for his P45, hopefully.

Absolutely need to start with a clean sheet next season, a new manager in place well before pre season, and be well rid of those with attitudes which involve turning up late for training etc, which inevitably will not be tolerated wherever they go next.
Come on Saint Nick. on 20:40 - May 16 with 1737 viewsmushinexile

"
You are right about Saturday and the effort, but what do you expect, if you sing songs saying "we're f***ing sh*t" "we're going down" etc ect and then leave en masse in the 70th minute what do you expect your players to do, play for the shirt ?"

Why do you think that happened? Give you a clue, Nick.
IT WAS NOT THE SPECTATORS' FAULT!

Having let us all down all season long, there was no more belief in the stands- not something that just happened, the enthusiasm was beaten out of us by the gutless inadequates unsuccessfully masquerading as footballers WEEK AFTER WEEK AFTER WEEK.

That's why Nick.
Come on Saint Nick. on 21:10 - May 16 with 1696 views1ASIN12

Not surprising Nick had a dig at the fans .

Bit like you say if the team had gone down fighting like Forest , Everton and Leeds seem to be doing then maybe the fans would have been more supportive.

Even if they had put a decent performance against Fullham maybe the crowd would have stayed till the end .

We have done neither and the performance against Fullham on Saturday was rather apt and we had our relegation confirmed by putting in a lackluster performance with no fight , no battle no nothing .

As for the statement it’s so laughable it’s as if someone wrote it taking the p!ss. Things like Fighting , battled to the end neither of which are true .

We are down and are the worst Saints team in top flight history.

Not that necessarily ageee with it but we are not the 1st fans to “mock” our own team and we won’t be the last either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024