Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is wrong with our fan base? 18:10 - May 13 with 6512 viewsWestEndBoy

Why is there zero passion or zero concern about what is happening at our club. I
What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:19 - May 13 with 5117 viewsSouthamptonfan

I agree that's the case with some of our fans. Many of our fans did care in that they left way before the end. That is kind of a protest. Many booed the team at the end. But you're right, some fans were still clapping, still laughing and joking. They obviously don't feel angry and therefore don't care.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:20 - May 13 with 5116 viewsTripleNiemi

Sadly zero fcuks given which pretty much aligns with the club philosophy now….
[Post edited 13 May 2023 18:21]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:36 - May 13 with 5065 viewsgrumpy

I have never seen such a meek surrender of a Saints team,why anyone would clap them I have no idea.Did they earn their paychecks today NO.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:44 - May 13 with 5042 viewsWestEndBoy

Lots of people clapping at end .beggars belief . Club has become a haven for players to pick up pay check with zero accountability from anyone .same as the owners
What is wrong with our fan base? on 19:35 - May 13 with 4897 viewsBLEEDRED

Stats don't lie- At home 1 shot on target, 2 off target, 1 corner kick and only 35% possession AT HOME for F**K sake . I don't think I have been so uninterested in a game of football before.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 21:54 - May 13 with 4750 viewsBerber

Nothing that we feel or want matters to the owners and management. How many exciting or thrilling moments in the past 4 years? We know we don’t count for anything, and the horrendous mis-purchases and managerial appointments over the past year show we are owned and managed by people with little love of what the club should be about. I could go on, but do not have the motivation.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 00:19 - May 14 with 4603 viewscocklebreath

You reap what you sow, not giving a sh!t from top to bottom. Lame club

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 06:06 - May 14 with 4529 views1ASIN12

We were saying that the team and board got have got away lightly.

If that ( on many other performances under Selles) was under Nathen Jones the whole ground would have been telling him his football was shlt.

However the ground was far far emptier at the end of the game then normally would have been after another loss and there was a lot lot less clapping like there would have been .

You will always get some that clap but that number was very small given the attendance, most had either fvcked off or more or less ignored team .
[Post edited 14 May 2023 18:32]
Login to get fewer ads

What is wrong with our fan base? on 08:52 - May 14 with 4395 viewsWinchesterExile

I think you mean customer base and, putting football aside for one moment, I think you’ll agree that a day out at St Mary’s is a rewarding customer experience.

There you go, anyone can write this sh*it.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 09:19 - May 14 with 4350 viewsPatfromPoole

This lot are definitely part of the problem rather than the solution.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 09:46 - May 14 with 4312 viewsChesham_Saint

What is wrong with our fan base? on 09:19 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

This lot are definitely part of the problem rather than the solution.

Let’s see who’s there next season at the beginning. This years farce will sort the wheat from the chaff as we know from the last time.

Personally, since the appointment of Jones, the season was effectively dead for me and I couldn’t wait for it to be over (never felt that way before). I’m already looking forward to next year IF we can get a decent man in charge.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 10:45 - May 14 with 4250 views1teeminants

Nobody seems to care from the players, management anyone, why should the fans give a fcuk.

The players just through the motions.

The club has lost its identity. We buy unknown, cheap foreign players who no ones heard of or kids from English clubs who are nowhere near ready for this league.

Get rid of Selles get an experienced manager in , stop buying cheap crap and sort this mess out ffs.

Oh and give Ballard a run out, play him in pre season .
[Post edited 14 May 2023 12:24]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 10:45 - May 14 with 4250 viewsdwayne_dibley

What is wrong with our fan base? on 09:46 - May 14 by Chesham_Saint

Let’s see who’s there next season at the beginning. This years farce will sort the wheat from the chaff as we know from the last time.

Personally, since the appointment of Jones, the season was effectively dead for me and I couldn’t wait for it to be over (never felt that way before). I’m already looking forward to next year IF we can get a decent man in charge.

I think a lot of fans secretly felt the same way. Is the muted reaction a kind of mass PTSD?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

What is wrong with our fan base? on 16:31 - May 14 with 4051 viewsbarry_sanchez

What is wrong with our fan base? on 10:45 - May 14 by dwayne_dibley

I think a lot of fans secretly felt the same way. Is the muted reaction a kind of mass PTSD?

Too middle class, we don't have that industrial base that northern teams do, the Dell or the move from the Dell changed a lot, more women and kids, not a bad thing but it changes the atmosphere, we just aren't that passionate compared to others, I wouldn't admit that to other fans but we're meek.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 17:59 - May 14 with 3998 viewsdarthvader

What is wrong with our fan base? on 16:31 - May 14 by barry_sanchez

Too middle class, we don't have that industrial base that northern teams do, the Dell or the move from the Dell changed a lot, more women and kids, not a bad thing but it changes the atmosphere, we just aren't that passionate compared to others, I wouldn't admit that to other fans but we're meek.

I get too involved . Too angry ,i cant take it.saints will be the death of me .i afraid i just couldnt face it yesterday.

This season more often than not we have been passive.
Only a few occasions has there been any hope or fight on the pitch,this in turn has sucked the life out of supporters, mainly at home ..Also , pathetic var or stupid decisions against us this season has been simply a joke . It seems even if , a big if , we were good enough to compete in some games you could almost guarantee something would go against us,and snuff any hope immediately. We aren't in fashion so its our turn to drop . That's what its been feeling like.
When we started brightly against forest it was always going to be a matter of time when they broke and scored . When we got one back i didn't even
React let alone cheer because now you just expect it to be chalked off

We were destined to go down 6 months ago .

Embarrassing .

They got to make it up to us next season . Straight back up or a cup final !

keep the faith coyr

What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:06 - May 14 with 3993 viewsgrumpy

Can you imagine what Brian Clough would have made of our lot on and off the field.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:37 - May 14 with 3955 viewsHeisenberg

Seems our fans are not alone. Arsenal fans walking out in disgust as the title bid evaporating as the gunners season ends in a half empty stadium.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 19:19 - May 14 with 3918 viewskernow

What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:37 - May 14 by Heisenberg

Seems our fans are not alone. Arsenal fans walking out in disgust as the title bid evaporating as the gunners season ends in a half empty stadium.

All football fans are the same. They like to be entertained, preferably following a team that wins more often than not. They also like to be reassured that the ownership, executive, management, coaches and players are competent and professional.

Fans are the same all over but some have a sense of entitlement, especially those that win trophies. Most are straightforward, forgiving and appreciate honest endeavour but they also despise arrogance and feeling cheated and short changed. They are loyal to the point of obsession but this loyalty is not unconditional. They will "vote with their feet" and express frustration and dissatisfaction and they are perfectly entitled to.
Fans who support their club through the bad times are admirable, but in very short supply.

Personally, I'm not such a fan, but I think I may be typical. Find better things to do on match days.

Saints have lost their way and will continue to decline unless things change fundamentally from the top down. I'm hopeful.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:10 - May 14 with 3863 viewsNewdawn2014

What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:44 - May 13 by WestEndBoy

Lots of people clapping at end .beggars belief . Club has become a haven for players to pick up pay check with zero accountability from anyone .same as the owners

I chose to clap because its MY choice , did every player deserve it ? probably not but I support my team and my club whatever the results `cause I`m a fan and it achieves nothing to boo , they know they`re underperforming it does`nt need confirming.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:20 - May 14 with 3838 viewsJaySaint

What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:10 - May 14 by Newdawn2014

I chose to clap because its MY choice , did every player deserve it ? probably not but I support my team and my club whatever the results `cause I`m a fan and it achieves nothing to boo , they know they`re underperforming it does`nt need confirming.

You are part of the problem

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:24 - May 14 with 3817 viewsSouthamptonfan

What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:10 - May 14 by Newdawn2014

So the decorators come to your house and ruin your house getting paint all over the carpet because they are lazy f@ckers and just slapped the paint on, not taking much care. They know they have underperformed and don't need it confirming that they have destroyed your house, so you say " No worries lads, well done, thank you for what you've done. I support your company come what may.

Yep, makes sense.

You go to a restaurant and receive a terrible meal. Nobody is smiling in the restaurant, so instead of pointing it out and complaining (because the chef knows they have underperformed) you say well done, thank you lovely meal.

Again makes perfect sense. I suppose fully grown men who are multi millionaires need the encouragement, even though they turn up late for training and disrespect the fans.

You are part of the problem, ENCOURAGING failure.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 20:34]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:37 - May 14 with 3779 viewsericofarabia

What is wrong with our fan base? on 16:31 - May 14 by barry_sanchez

I was devastated that Rishi wasn't waving a Sack The Board banner 😉
What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:43 - May 14 with 3766 views1885_SFC

What is wrong with our fan base? on 18:37 - May 14 by Heisenberg

I watched their game today versus Brighton.

Brighton were absolutely fantastic - a wonderful example of how a club without the oil billions should be run. Fantastic owners who know how to appoint a proper manager and even more important, fantastic people behind the scenes recruiting some great players. The Brighton team has some cracking players and it's great to see each and every one of them playing for a great, really enthusiastic manager. Good luck to them on their very first ever European journey next season.

Now contrast their season with the sh1tfest that is Southampton FC.

Old School is Cool

What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:43 - May 14 with 3765 viewskernow

What is wrong with our fan base? on 20:37 - May 14 by ericofarabia

I was devastated that Rishi wasn't waving a Sack The Board banner 😉

No passion, appalling.
What is wrong with our fan base? on 21:19 - May 14 with 3720 viewsgrumpy

What is wrong with our fan base? on 19:19 - May 14 by kernow

All football fans are the same. They like to be entertained, preferably following a team that wins more often than not. They also like to be reassured that the ownership, executive, management, coaches and players are competent and professional.

Fans are the same all over but some have a sense of entitlement, especially those that win trophies. Most are straightforward, forgiving and appreciate honest endeavour but they also despise arrogance and feeling cheated and short changed. They are loyal to the point of obsession but this loyalty is not unconditional. They will "vote with their feet" and express frustration and dissatisfaction and they are perfectly entitled to.
Fans who support their club through the bad times are admirable, but in very short supply.

Personally, I'm not such a fan, but I think I may be typical. Find better things to do on match days.

Saints have lost their way and will continue to decline unless things change fundamentally from the top down. I'm hopeful.

Some good points there, Kernow.
I think a lot of fans have been priced out of football these days,the crowds are not the same as they were say in the 70/80 or even the 90s.
People staring at their phones all the time or waving them in the air trying to take some kind of clip dives me to distraction.
Go back to singing OWTSGMI the original way and bring back our red and white stiped shirts would be a start.
Obviously changes had to be made when grounds went to all seater but its become a sterile experience now particularly when we keep losing..
Fans pay a lot of their hard earned money to see games now, and as fervent a fan you can be its demoralising to watch your team get beaten week after week.
The club need to have a hard look at itself and not the least its relationship with the fans.
St. Marys needs to change its just not home fan friendly.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 21:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024