Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh v Man U 20:13 - Jan 8 with 4102 viewsgrumpy

Possible
Eastleigh v Man U on 20:16 - Jan 8 with 3089 viewsdirk_doone

Could they play it at St Mary's? They know they can't win the game anyway so they might as well make as much money as possible out of it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:17 - Jan 8 with 3069 viewsgrumpy

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:16 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

Could they play it at St Mary's? They know they can't win the game anyway so they might as well make as much money as possible out of it.

Saints drawn away so possible.
Eastleigh v Man U on 20:19 - Jan 8 with 3052 viewsBuggalugs

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:16 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

I thought the FA knocked non-league teams switching venues on the head a few years ago.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:20 - Jan 8 with 3048 viewsdirk_doone

Tha gate receipts plus the TV money from a game at St Mary's would be more money than Eastleigh usually make in a whole year.

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:21 - Jan 8 with 3043 viewsdirk_doone

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:19 - Jan 8 by Buggalugs

I thought the FA knocked non-league teams switching venues on the head a few years ago.

You could well be right. There haven't been any lately.

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:26 - Jan 8 with 3018 viewsBLEEDRED

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:21 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

You could well be right. There haven't been any lately.

I think the police can overrule the FA and get it switched on safety grounds
Eastleigh v Man U on 20:28 - Jan 8 with 3014 viewssolent_toffee

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:20 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

Tha gate receipts plus the TV money from a game at St Mary's would be more money than Eastleigh usually make in a whole year.

Park the bus at the Silverlake, get a replay at the theatre of tourists, 25% of the 77k gate plus the TV money, happy days.
Eastleigh v Man U on 20:33 - Jan 8 with 2997 viewsYarman

No , l want to play them on our little ground, if we get past Newport, that's what makes the FA cup so good. Come on you spitfires
Login to get fewer ads

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:35 - Jan 8 with 2985 viewsBuggalugs

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:33 - Jan 8 by Yarman

No , l want to play them on our little ground, if we get past Newport, that's what makes the FA cup so good. Come on you spitfires

..and quite right too. That’s the way it should be.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:40 - Jan 8 with 2966 viewsSouthamptonfan

The game would without a doubt be played at the silver lake. Eastleigh has a capacity of over 5000 and the magic of the FA cup would see the giants play at a non league ground.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 2942 viewsBLEEDRED

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:40 - Jan 8 by Southamptonfan

The game would without a doubt be played at the silver lake. Eastleigh has a capacity of over 5000 and the magic of the FA cup would see the giants play at a non league ground.

That would be the preferred option (plus on TV) but would MU accept only 750 tickets, after all they have more than 750 fans living in Eastleigh!!
Eastleigh v Man U on 20:53 - Jan 8 with 2926 viewsdirk_doone

With all the southern Man United fans looking to qualify for tickets for the 4th round game, the replay v Newport should sell out easily.

Eastleigh v Man U on 21:12 - Jan 8 with 2870 viewsSouthamptonfan

Eastleigh v Man U on 20:48 - Jan 8 by BLEEDRED

That would be the preferred option (plus on TV) but would MU accept only 750 tickets, after all they have more than 750 fans living in Eastleigh!!

How Eastleigh would sort out the ticketing would be interesting. Obviously the thousand or so Eastleigh season ticket holders would get a ticket. But the rest, not sure how they would do it. Not sure if they have a database of fans who have been to previous Eastleigh games.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Eastleigh v Man U on 21:30 - Jan 8 with 2849 viewsdirk_doone

Eastleigh v Man U on 21:12 - Jan 8 by Southamptonfan

How Eastleigh would sort out the ticketing would be interesting. Obviously the thousand or so Eastleigh season ticket holders would get a ticket. But the rest, not sure how they would do it. Not sure if they have a database of fans who have been to previous Eastleigh games.

There were still a few tickets left for the Newport game when I checked. I expect Man United fans will hoover them up tonight. Ticket touts might even think it's worth investing in Eastleigh half season tickets at £99 for U21s and over 65s, but not until after the replay.
[Post edited 8 Jan 21:37]

Eastleigh v Man U on 22:13 - Jan 8 with 2773 viewsgrumpy

Eastleigh v Man U on 21:30 - Jan 8 by dirk_doone

There were still a few tickets left for the Newport game when I checked. I expect Man United fans will hoover them up tonight. Ticket touts might even think it's worth investing in Eastleigh half season tickets at £99 for U21s and over 65s, but not until after the replay.
[Post edited 8 Jan 21:37]

Newport will be well up for the tie too.
Eastleigh v Man U on 22:50 - Jan 8 with 2717 viewsLondonSaint76

As you say, it will be interesting. The ST holders are automatically sorted but then what? I would assume they have a database of Club members that would not always be ST holders and perhaps records of ticket sales for away games or all ticket home games. As we know at SMS, fans holding membership cards are not always Saints fans but can be Manure plastics, Liverpool plastics, Chelsea plastics ect... The smart thing to do would be to say any memberships purchased on or after 09/01 are not eligible for a Man U ticket. Also perhaps the best way to ensure tickets stay local would be to allow ST holders to purchase additional tickets - or for that matter any Saints ST holders as they have quite a Saints following from what I have seen others say on here. In terms of maximising profits, one thing I'd suggest is they approcah the FA for permission to wear a one-off commemerative kit which could be pre-ordered by fans and manufactured post-match, selling even a couple of thousand of those could generate a very healthy five figure profit.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Eastleigh v Man U on 23:05 - Jan 8 with 2697 viewsSaintNick

Eastleigh v Man U on 22:50 - Jan 8 by LondonSaint76

As you say, it will be interesting. The ST holders are automatically sorted but then what? I would assume they have a database of Club members that would not always be ST holders and perhaps records of ticket sales for away games or all ticket home games. As we know at SMS, fans holding membership cards are not always Saints fans but can be Manure plastics, Liverpool plastics, Chelsea plastics ect... The smart thing to do would be to say any memberships purchased on or after 09/01 are not eligible for a Man U ticket. Also perhaps the best way to ensure tickets stay local would be to allow ST holders to purchase additional tickets - or for that matter any Saints ST holders as they have quite a Saints following from what I have seen others say on here. In terms of maximising profits, one thing I'd suggest is they approcah the FA for permission to wear a one-off commemerative kit which could be pre-ordered by fans and manufactured post-match, selling even a couple of thousand of those could generate a very healthy five figure profit.

Good idea about the kit, but paying say £150 quid for a commemorative kit probably wouldnt put off Man Utd fans from buying it, they could also make a profit from selling it as a collectors item

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eastleigh v Man U on 23:16 - Jan 8 with 2681 viewsfelly1

Eastleigh v Man U on 22:50 - Jan 8 by LondonSaint76

Im on their data Base.
I went to the 1st and 2nd round games against Dover and Reading.
I get emails before every game offering me the chance to buy tickets.
Eastleigh v Man U on 23:40 - Jan 8 with 2647 viewsLondonSaint76

Eastleigh v Man U on 23:05 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

Good idea about the kit, but paying say £150 quid for a commemorative kit probably wouldnt put off Man Utd fans from buying it, they could also make a profit from selling it as a collectors item

True, some people would profit from re-sales. The kit would not need to be £150 per shirt, the cost to manufacture can be less than 20% of RRP at the normal prices charged for standard PL / Championshiip replica shirts..
Depending on the response, they can manufacture more or less than the anticipated demand and crucially they will have no surplus as you know the sizes you need to make if you manufadture post-match from pre-orders, so no money wasted in shirts that don't sell - as close as you can get to perfect retailing. This is what Nike amongst others do with their Limited Edition footwaer and clothing releases, they make a total quantity below the actual demand which means every item sells. Most product in that category is sold by ballot so there is very rarely any surplus stock so perfect retailing with maximum profits.
You cannot completely stop resales for profit but what some do (who shall remain nameless) is play the resellers at their own game by retaining 10 / 20% of the LE stock then feed it onto the resale market themselves making massive additional profits in some instances. As an example go to Stock X and have a look at what some Nike Air Jordan 1's resell for https://stockx.com/en-gb/retro-jordans/air-jordan-1/price-premium
let alone the Nike Dunk New York City Pigeon!
https://stockx.com/en-gb/nike-dunk-sb-low-staple-nyc-pigeon

Eastleigh v Man U on 23:47 - Jan 8 with 2637 viewsLondonSaint76

Eastleigh v Man U on 23:16 - Jan 8 by felly1

Im on their data Base.

Excellent news, let's hope it is possible for you and many others to go to both games if you want to. If they have a substancial database and are already used to being proactive with tickert sales then as long as any new memberships taken out on or after 09/01 don't qualify for a ticket the plastics should be kept to a mimimum in the home sections. I really hope Eastleigh win the replay and the biggest day in their history becomes a reality.
[Post edited 9 Jan 0:10]

Eastleigh v Man U on 03:07 - Jan 9 with 2580 views1teeminants

As a Eastleigh follower over the last 20 years (I reckon I’ve watched them live about ten times at the stadium) and having lived in Eastleigh for 17 years up until 10 years ago, I hope they will ring me and invite me to attend free of charge.😀

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Eastleigh v Man U on 07:43 - Jan 9 with 2489 viewskingslandstand1

Eastleigh v Man U on 03:07 - Jan 9 by 1teeminants

As a Eastleigh follower over the last 20 years (I reckon I’ve watched them live about ten times at the stadium) and having lived in Eastleigh for 17 years up until 10 years ago, I hope they will ring me and invite me to attend free of charge.😀

I think the biggest issue at the moment is that they have to get past Newport County!
Eastleigh v Man U on 08:07 - Jan 9 with 2463 viewssolent_toffee

Eastleigh v Man U on 23:16 - Jan 8 by felly1

Im on their data Base.

Same here, to be fair they are fairly organised with the emails regarding tickets.
Eastleigh v Man U on 09:34 - Jan 9 with 2402 viewsgrumpy

Eastleigh v Man U on 07:43 - Jan 9 by kingslandstand1

I think the biggest issue at the moment is that they have to get past Newport County!

Exactly
Eastleigh v Man U on 09:53 - Jan 9 with 2384 viewsSaintNick

Eastleigh v Man U on 09:34 - Jan 9 by grumpy

Exactly

Sounds a big gap between the two clubs, but Newport are only in the division above so it's closer than you think only about 16-17 places as it stands at the moment, same gap as we are with say Blackburn, Plymouth or Stoke

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024