Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea match thread 12:48 - Jan 20 with 2484 viewsSouthamptonfan

Great start, one nil Saints.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Swansea match thread on 12:55 - Jan 20 with 2446 viewsSouthamptonfan

Two nil
Best football I've seen us play in a long long time. And best form for 100 years.

Swansea match thread on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 2440 viewskingslandstand1

What, everyone still celebrating? 2 - 0 now
Swansea match thread on 12:57 - Jan 20 with 2437 viewsButty101

Swansea match thread on 12:55 - Jan 20 by Southamptonfan

Two nil
Best football I've seen us play in a long long time. And best form for 100 years.

Great stuff, Martin deserves credit for teaching Adams to score from a yard with out handballing

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Swansea match thread on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 2410 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea match thread on 12:57 - Jan 20 by Butty101

Great stuff, Martin deserves credit for teaching Adams to score from a yard with out handballing

Amongst other things, yes definitely šŸ˜

Swansea match thread on 13:12 - Jan 20 with 2384 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sh!t, they have one back

Swansea match thread on 13:14 - Jan 20 with 2362 viewscocklebreath

Been brilliant but fook me how are we not out of sight

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Swansea match thread on 13:16 - Jan 20 with 2353 viewscocklebreath

Ooooooooof

Swansea match thread on 13:17 - Jan 20 with 2351 viewsSouthamptonfan

F@cking get in!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea match thread on 13:25 - Jan 20 with 2314 viewscocklebreath

I think thatā€™s the most dominant Saints away performance Iā€™ve ever seen.

Swansea match thread on 13:27 - Jan 20 with 2304 viewsJellybaby

Pick a number!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Swansea match thread on 14:15 - Jan 20 with 2191 views1885_SFC

Jack Stephens is fukin terrible. Been on two minutes and almost gave them 2 goals single handedly. Why Russell Martin - why?
[Post edited 20 Jan 14:16]

Old School is Cool

Swansea match thread on 14:18 - Jan 20 with 2174 viewsRon11

Swansea match thread on 14:15 - Jan 20 by 1885_SFC

Jack Stephens is fukin terrible. Been on two minutes and almost gave them 2 goals single handedly. Why Russell Martin - why?

Yes, it absolutely defies belief...
Swansea match thread on 14:21 - Jan 20 with 2160 viewsUmPahars

Swansea match thread on 14:15 - Jan 20 by 1885_SFC

It would appear that RM has rectified some of his earlier questionable decisions/tactics, he needs to accept defeat again and stop shoe horning Stephens in.
Swansea match thread on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 2137 views1885_SFC

Swansea match thread on 14:21 - Jan 20 by UmPahars

It would appear that RM has rectified some of his earlier questionable decisions/tactics, he needs to accept defeat again and stop shoe horning Stephens in.

Harwood-Bellis was well pissed at being withdrawn with over 30 minutes left. I don't blame him.

We've been on a long, unbeaten run... because Jack Stephens hasn't featured. We can say cheerio to that run very soon if the boss somehow, amazingly, thinks Stephens is better than Harwood-Bellis.

To coin a phrase, if it ain't broke...

Old School is Cool

Swansea match thread on 14:31 - Jan 20 with 2132 viewsSouthamptonfan

Fantastic first half, one of the best I have ever seen for Saints - second half Swansea were much better and made it tough. Got away with Stephens mistake and few other chances. Just pleased to get out of there with a win. It's another win, we are in the automatics. Ipswich away at Leicester on Monday. Best Undefeated record for 100 years. I will take it. Up the Saints.

Swansea match thread on 14:43 - Jan 20 with 2075 viewsGRIM

Swansea match thread on 14:31 - Jan 20 by Southamptonfan

Fantastic first half, one of the best I have ever seen for Saints - second half Swansea were much better and made it tough. Got away with Stephens mistake and few other chances. Just pleased to get out of there with a win. It's another win, we are in the automatics. Ipswich away at Leicester on Monday. Best Undefeated record for 100 years. I will take it. Up the Saints.

Great as you say until Stephen's came on & we immediately looked nervous & very dodgy at the back.
Not only does JS make careless mistakes he slows the game down to a walking pace.
I get why RM withdrew Harwood Bellis because he was on a yellow card but it could so easily have been very costly.
JS is so pedestrian & loses concentration far too easily.
He needs replacing & quickly.
Swansea match thread on 14:51 - Jan 20 with 2032 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea match thread on 14:43 - Jan 20 by GRIM

Great as you say until Stephen's came on & we immediately looked nervous & very dodgy at the back.
Not only does JS make careless mistakes he slows the game down to a walking pace.
I get why RM withdrew Harwood Bellis because he was on a yellow card but it could so easily have been very costly.
JS is so pedestrian & loses concentration far too easily.
He needs replacing & quickly.

Yeh, Stephens was dodgy when he came on, but he isn't always. He has had some good games this season. I understood taking off a yellow carded player, and Stephens was the obvious one to replace him. As it happened, it almost cost us but there we are. We got out of.there with all three points.

Swansea match thread on 15:06 - Jan 20 with 1972 viewsHeisenberg

Swansea match thread on 14:29 - Jan 20 by 1885_SFC

Harwood-Bellis was well pissed at being withdrawn with over 30 minutes left. I don't blame him.

We've been on a long, unbeaten run... because Jack Stephens hasn't featured. We can say cheerio to that run very soon if the boss somehow, amazingly, thinks Stephens is better than Harwood-Bellis.

To coin a phrase, if it ain't broke...

Harwood Bellis was on a yellow. RM doesnā€™t think Stephens is better as he never starts with him. But Stephens isnā€™t good enough and we need better back up.

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Swansea match thread on 15:15 - Jan 20 with 1939 viewssaint22

Swansea match thread on 13:25 - Jan 20 by cocklebreath

I think thatā€™s the most dominant Saints away performance Iā€™ve ever seen.

Brilliant win and brilliant record, well done team and RM, in any league thatā€™s impressive
BUT once again our profligacy was shocking, it should have been 6 by HT plus Stephenā€™s is not good enough, no room for dentition we want to be a killer team
Signs. Striker and a CB now!
Swansea match thread on 15:23 - Jan 20 with 1923 viewseastlondonsaint

Quality - Up the Scum

"Sit down Bullseye"

Swansea match thread on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 1909 viewsCity_boy

We were absolutely cruising until Jack Stephens come on.

His mis-placed passes in first few minutes of coming on nearly cost us this game. On another occasion he nearly played Swansea on with a clear run at goal, by dawdling in the middle of park. He is so pedestrian, when playing out from the back, giving teams time to close us down.

Stephens is a liability, and I just didn't understand the need to bring him on or keep trying to appease him with game time every week. Yes, I get it that Harwood-Bellis was on a yellow, but he is usually dependable and not reckless.
Swansea match thread on 16:35 - Jan 20 with 1812 viewsGRIM

Swansea match thread on 14:51 - Jan 20 by Southamptonfan

Yeh, Stephens was dodgy when he came on, but he isn't always. He has had some good games this season. I understood taking off a yellow carded player, and Stephens was the obvious one to replace him. As it happened, it almost cost us but there we are. We got out of.there with all three points.

I disagree, Stephen's has always been very poor, I could count on one hand the number of good games he's had.
If he gets more game time this season he will cost us valuable points & possibly single handedly cost us promotion.
We got away with it today but won't always.
Swansea match thread on 18:13 - Jan 20 with 1694 viewsfelly1

Swansea match thread on 16:35 - Jan 20 by GRIM

I disagree, Stephen's has always been very poor, I could count on one hand the number of good games he's had.
If he gets more game time this season he will cost us valuable points & possibly single handedly cost us promotion.
We got away with it today but won't always.

THB and Bednerek are clearly RMs and everyones first choice.
THB is a better player than Stephens.
But Stephens hasn't cost us this season.
He's featured in 12 games, we've lost none and let in 8 goals.
It's better he gets some game time as either of our main two will get likely get injured or suspended and I'd rather have a player slot in who's had game time.
Honestly do you think at Championship we are going to have a sub CB who's top class... Not likely
Swansea match thread on 10:58 - Jan 21 with 1371 viewsGRIM

Swansea match thread on 18:13 - Jan 20 by felly1

THB and Bednerek are clearly RMs and everyones first choice.
THB is a better player than Stephens.
But Stephens hasn't cost us this season.
He's featured in 12 games, we've lost none and let in 8 goals.
It's better he gets some game time as either of our main two will get likely get injured or suspended and I'd rather have a player slot in who's had game time.
Honestly do you think at Championship we are going to have a sub CB who's top class... Not likely

No we won't get a top class centre back to warm the bench but I am sure there are ctr backs we could get that are better than JS.
RM says JS is good in the dressing room that's no help if your useless on the pitch.
Swansea match thread on 11:32 - Jan 21 with 1340 viewsfelly1

Swansea match thread on 10:58 - Jan 21 by GRIM

No we won't get a top class centre back to warm the bench but I am sure there are ctr backs we could get that are better than JS.
RM says JS is good in the dressing room that's no help if your useless on the pitch.

Mason Holgate?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024