Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
uh oh 22:15 - Feb 8 with 1173 viewssaint22

Get ready for more ineptness ahead

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68246971

Can you imagine? If Salisbury is reffing there will be 15 players in the technical area

uh oh on 08:41 - Feb 9 with 916 viewsSaintNick

Not sure that this would work, there would be two many blue cards that would need to be given

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

uh oh on 13:35 - Feb 9 with 777 viewspjt50

Yet another case of IFAB having to do something to justify their existence.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

uh oh on 15:01 - Feb 9 with 711 viewsSFC_Referee

Works well for counteracting dissent, and maybe also for simulation, but I’m not a fan of it for “professional fouls” as it’ll just make the game too complex and make us get further away from the game we all love. As simulation is what we all hate, and the game has no need for dissent in it, but professional fouls is a part of the game and as everyone does it, and is usually punished annoy, that’s what makes it fair

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

uh oh on 16:33 - Feb 9 with 666 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Can't see this working. Surely there will be parking the bus a plenty and lots of injury time wasting. Pointless, all the while the current system is mostly fine.

What do actual referees think?
uh oh on 19:36 - Feb 9 with 612 viewsInTimeAddedOn

uh oh on 13:35 - Feb 9 by pjt50

Yet another case of IFAB having to do something to justify their existence.

Absolutely spot on, they are an absolute and utter pain in the backside, constantly tinkering with things that in the vast majority of cases don’t need tinkering with. If there has ever been a more relevant example of what the expression ‘If it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ was written for I’ve yet to come across it. Offside for example, and that’s just for starters!
At least I won’t have to read the lame defence of their existence by SFC Ref as I’ve got him on ignore
[Post edited 9 Feb 19:38]
uh oh on 04:42 - Feb 10 with 506 viewsRipleys_revenge

This idea sounds like it has come straight out of Rasmus’s playbook
uh oh on 08:00 - Feb 10 with 457 viewskingolaf

This is a great idea and will do wonders for the scourge of time-wasting!

If you want to punish players for dissent, then don’t be afraid to wave that second yellow. Sin bin for the rest of the game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024