Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mason Holgate 14:16 - Feb 18 with 2897 viewsScoot

Thank fuuckk we got rid when we did. Just got sent off after 13 mins against the chip eaters.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Mason Holgate on 14:18 - Feb 18 with 2063 viewsSouthamptonfan

Yep, just posted in other thread. That tackle is an absolute disgrace. He could have seriously injured that player and probably wouldn't have walked again.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Mason Holgate on 14:21 - Feb 18 with 2049 views1885_SFC

Holgate is utter dogsh1t. There is no way he is a professional footballer.

Old School is Cool

Mason Holgate on 14:31 - Feb 18 with 1996 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well I do wonder where he’ll end up next season I’d the toffees don’t want him, as his level is either lower championship or league 1 standard.
But at the same time he did show little sparks of quality with us, like when he played against Preston, West Brom and a few other games, it’s just it wasn’t consistent enough. Still it’ll be interesting to see what happens to him next season

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Mason Holgate on 14:53 - Feb 18 with 1950 views1885_SFC

Mason Holgate on 14:31 - Feb 18 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well I do wonder where he’ll end up next season I’d the toffees don’t want him, as his level is either lower championship or league 1 standard.
But at the same time he did show little sparks of quality with us, like when he played against Preston, West Brom and a few other games, it’s just it wasn’t consistent enough. Still it’ll be interesting to see what happens to him next season

He'll probably be a car salesman or insurance agent come next season - something he's better suited to.

Awful challenge. Give it up son...

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13074866/holgate-sees-red-for-horrible-cha

Old School is Cool

Mason Holgate on 16:28 - Feb 18 with 1864 viewssolent_toffee

Mason Holgate on 14:53 - Feb 18 by 1885_SFC

He'll probably be a car salesman or insurance agent come next season - something he's better suited to.

Awful challenge. Give it up son...

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13074866/holgate-sees-red-for-horrible-cha

He will be picking up £70k a week whilst chewing sitting on a bench at a championship* team, the empty headed dope. That was a disgusting challenge. I’d imagine his team mates aren’t too impressed with him.

*hopefully not Everton.
Mason Holgate on 17:27 - Feb 18 with 1811 viewsChesham_Saint

Mason Holgate on 16:28 - Feb 18 by solent_toffee

He will be picking up £70k a week whilst chewing sitting on a bench at a championship* team, the empty headed dope. That was a disgusting challenge. I’d imagine his team mates aren’t too impressed with him.

*hopefully not Everton.

Love the humour of your last point Toffs.
That was indeed a terrible challenge.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Mason Holgate on 19:31 - Feb 18 with 1670 viewsPatfromPoole

Unfortunately, the ever-abysmal standard of refereeing is why they need VAR.

Unbelievable decision to give a yellow.

It is referees who have ruined the game, as they made VAR inevitable.

Anybody campaigning for the removal of VAR is going to have their work cut out with refereeing like that.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Mason Holgate on 21:35 - Feb 18 with 1568 viewssaint22

Mason Holgate on 19:31 - Feb 18 by PatfromPoole

Anybody campaigning for the removal of VAR is going to have their work cut out with refereeing like that.

Exactly this
Ref after new ref appear to be all from the same useless school
Totally incompetent, cowardly decisions
Login to get fewer ads

Mason Holgate on 23:28 - Feb 18 with 1498 viewssledger

similar to the challenge he made at watford in the fa cup when they scored only about a foot and a half higher,so everton dont want his smell about the place,we dont and i guess sheffield wont,the boy really needs to give his head a wobble or his career is going down the toilet
Mason Holgate on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 1335 viewsSFC_Referee

Mason Holgate on 19:31 - Feb 18 by PatfromPoole

Yeah well maybe if people were a bit more grateful for what they’ve got, and didn’t criticise refs for decisions they get right (like this incident which people complain about even though they got it right), over analyse all their decisions etc… and that’s not forgetting all the sh*t and stick many get at grassroots, all of which lead to a lack of refs, therefore less competition for higher league meaning there will be less quality in them.

And also you not thought that without VAR the ref may have just been in a poor angle to see this challenge? As that’s what happens when there isn’t any VAR, although at the same time I wouldn’t bet against the ref not being certain so starting with a yellow knowing that if he was that wrong VAR would tell him to upgrade it (like they did).

Still always quite funny seeing many complain about the standard of officiating and what not, even though they’ve also got a major part to play

Mason Holgate on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 1337 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Holgate on 10:31 - Feb 19 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well maybe if people were a bit more grateful for what they’ve got, and didn’t criticise refs for decisions they get right (like this incident which people complain about even though they got it right), over analyse all their decisions etc… and that’s not forgetting all the sh*t and stick many get at grassroots, all of which lead to a lack of refs, therefore less competition for higher league meaning there will be less quality in them.

And also you not thought that without VAR the ref may have just been in a poor angle to see this challenge? As that’s what happens when there isn’t any VAR, although at the same time I wouldn’t bet against the ref not being certain so starting with a yellow knowing that if he was that wrong VAR would tell him to upgrade it (like they did).

Still always quite funny seeing many complain about the standard of officiating and what not, even though they’ve also got a major part to play

How did the ref get that decision right exactly?

Mason Holgate on 11:54 - Feb 19 with 1279 viewsSFC_Referee

Mason Holgate on 10:44 - Feb 19 by PatfromPoole

How did the ref get that decision right exactly?

Because did he not send off the player? As yeah he may of needed VAR’s assistance but he came to the right conclusion, didn’t he?…

Mason Holgate on 13:02 - Feb 19 with 1253 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Holgate on 11:54 - Feb 19 by SFC_Referee

Because did he not send off the player? As yeah he may of needed VAR’s assistance but he came to the right conclusion, didn’t he?…

Well, he gave him a yellow card......

Mason Holgate on 13:59 - Feb 19 with 1217 viewsPaleRider

Mason Holgate on 10:31 - Feb 19 by SFC_Referee

It's quite simple really:

1) Referees often make decisions that are crucial to the outcome of a match;
2) In any other walk of life people are accountable for their decisions. If I get things wrong in my business I am directly accountable. Referees seem to be immune from this;
3) There seems to be a lot less complaining about officials outside the Premier League - suggesting that many fans do understand the issues;
4) In the Premier League VAR was brought in to sort out clear mistakes. The fact that it is contentious is nothing to do with the technology - it's all to do with the operators;
5) The best referees are those who go un-noticed. They just get on with the job to the best of their abilities. They are not the stars of the show;
6) In most sports referees are made up of those who are not good enough to play the game and moreover are pedantic as they like rules! As a result they are usually not the most popular - it's a fact of life!

Conflating VAR with abuse at grass roots is frankly ridiculous, as is blaming everyone other than those at the root of the problem - PGMOL and referees themselves.
Mason Holgate on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 1158 viewsSFC_Referee

Mason Holgate on 13:02 - Feb 19 by PatfromPoole

Well, he gave him a yellow card......

And then rightfully upgraded it to a red card… so what’s there to complain about?

Mason Holgate on 16:30 - Feb 19 with 1170 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Holgate on 16:29 - Feb 19 by SFC_Referee

And then rightfully upgraded it to a red card… so what’s there to complain about?

Words genuinely fail me.

Mason Holgate on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 1148 viewssaints__fan__73

Mason Holgate on 16:30 - Feb 19 by PatfromPoole

Words genuinely fail me.

TBF, they seem to quite often.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Mason Holgate on 16:48 - Feb 19 with 1132 viewsSFC_Referee

Mason Holgate on 13:59 - Feb 19 by PaleRider

It's quite simple really:

1) Referees often make decisions that are crucial to the outcome of a match;
2) In any other walk of life people are accountable for their decisions. If I get things wrong in my business I am directly accountable. Referees seem to be immune from this;
3) There seems to be a lot less complaining about officials outside the Premier League - suggesting that many fans do understand the issues;
4) In the Premier League VAR was brought in to sort out clear mistakes. The fact that it is contentious is nothing to do with the technology - it's all to do with the operators;
5) The best referees are those who go un-noticed. They just get on with the job to the best of their abilities. They are not the stars of the show;
6) In most sports referees are made up of those who are not good enough to play the game and moreover are pedantic as they like rules! As a result they are usually not the most popular - it's a fact of life!

Conflating VAR with abuse at grass roots is frankly ridiculous, as is blaming everyone other than those at the root of the problem - PGMOL and referees themselves.

1) so do players, yet when both a player and a ref messes up in a game which costs a team, it’s usually mainly the ref you hear about on MOTD, who’s blamed for it all, and not the players, even though if they’d taken their chances wouldn’t of needed to rely on the refs decisions.
2) refs are quite often held accountable, it’s just like in any other job they’re not sacked for making 1 mistake, and when they are dealt with it’s not all big front page news when ones demoted/given less important games, whilst that is the case when managers are sacked/star players getting benched. Which is why unless you bother paying attention to it all, then you can’t compare them as that’s what most footballing fans seem to do.
3) again heard this so many times before but it’s just pure nonsense, as there was loads of complaining in the recent European games, yet none of the games with the issues had an English ref. And as someone who’s got many connections to refs and footballing fans abroad, they all make the same of their refs as we make of ours, so that’s just pure waffle.
4) ok but that’s mainly down to the LOTG and what they’re told to do, as other than the guidelines for handballs, VAR is operated just the same across the world, yet it’s just that many don’t like VAR and how it’s used which is what causes these issues, and that’s got little down to the operators but rather what IFAB decides and what their leagues want them to do. As it wasn’t all the refs begging to have VAR a few years back.
5) As much as that saying is true to a certain degree, it’s not always the case, as we’ve all seen those games that there were many 50:50 decisions, and due to it being an important game was always gonna get loads of attention around it all. So yeah that saying is correct to a certain degree, but it can’t always be kept to as there’s many games that it didn’t matter of who officiated it as there was always gonna be issues and controversy.
6) yeah many weren’t good enough for their sports, but unlike others they didn’t give up and just chuck in the towel, but rather decided to contribute to the games they loved in another way. And usually may aren’t that pedantic about rules, but rather that if they want to be a pro ref or do the World Cup final, then they have to keep to the LOTG otherwise they won’t be able to progress. As just like your work example before, if your work has a rule that you don’t like, but you wanna progress up the ladder, then you’ve gotta listen to those rules to be able to do so, otherwise you won’t get promoted and won’t get to progress. As it’s not like the refs are the ones that get to decide the LOTG or how handballs should work.

And the reason I compare VAR to grassroots, is because we have a lack of refs in the country, and are getting such low numbers for new younger refs coming through. All of which is something that I think anyone who’s involved in the game can agree on and have seen, which is caused by all the abuse the refs get at all levels of the game, as well as how they’re basically never praised yet are non stop criticised, often for decisions they got right (like the red card in the Sheffield uni the d game!). All of which puts off many and make many quite refereeing.
Due to all of this, that leads to a lack of competition for the next generation of refs to hit the top level, that lack of competition means that it’s easier for the worse refs to go up the league and get to the higher ones sooner, which is a key reason why the quality of officiating may not always be the best, because we don’t have enough refs out there to be as picky as we want to be. All of which is that factual that you really just can’t argue about it as it’s exactly what’s caused the situation we’re in today.

But what is ridiculous is for many like yourselves to non stop moan about it all, even though you’re not helping the situation yourselves otherwise why don’t you go out and start refereeing? As there’s such a lack of them that anyone can do it. As really you’re just being a hypocrite by consistently criticising them yet not having the balls to do it yourself!

Mason Holgate on 16:54 - Feb 19 with 1121 viewsSFC_Referee

Words genuinely fail me.

Yeah I agree as the pure stupidity and arrogance shown by so many on here really does sum up and show exactly why we have a lack of refs and why so few wanna be one. As to complain about a decision that a ref originally got wrong but rightfully, with the help of VAR (which people love to non stop criticise), ended up changing that and giving the correct disciplinary action, is just something else.
As why not criticise the ref for sending off the West Brom manager whilst you’re at it, as even though the ball hadn’t gone out of play and the LOTG state it’s a red card, I guess you can still criticise him just for the sake of it?

Mason Holgate on 17:01 - Feb 19 with 1120 viewssaint22

Mason Holgate on 11:54 - Feb 19 by SFC_Referee

He got it wrong
VAR helped him get it right
Therefore he is the issue not VAR as that was a clear a decision as you will ever see
AND if he didn't see it properly he shouldn't have even given a yellow
Mason Holgate on 17:05 - Feb 19 with 1104 viewsSFC_Referee

Mason Holgate on 17:01 - Feb 19 by saint22

He got it wrong
VAR helped him get it right
Therefore he is the issue not VAR as that was a clear a decision as you will ever see
AND if he didn't see it properly he shouldn't have even given a yellow

But again he may not of seen the point of contact clearly, meaning that he may of thought it was lower, and therefore just a cautioning, but after seeing again saw that it was a clear red card, which is what he gave.
Like is this incident not a perfect example of what VAR was brought in for? As one second many are complaining about VAR not getting involved and not getting things right etc… and now that it’s starting to do that more and more, are still complaining!? Like what’s next, you gonna moan that a linesman didn’t all the offsides right that VAR have to get involved for

Like if any of you had ever tried refereeing before then you’d understand why this all happens and how sometimes you really can see things differently to others, yet many seem to think that they see in real time what we can see in slow-mo, 50 times all zoomed in at the perfect angle. And I can tell you for a fact from first hand experience that, that’s not the case, but that’s exactly why VAR was brought in which for this game was used perfectly and therefore there’s basically nothing to complain about.
[Post edited 19 Feb 17:07]

Mason Holgate on 17:09 - Feb 19 with 1099 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Holgate on 16:54 - Feb 19 by SFC_Referee

Yeah I agree as the pure stupidity and arrogance shown by so many on here really does sum up and show exactly why we have a lack of refs and why so few wanna be one. As to complain about a decision that a ref originally got wrong but rightfully, with the help of VAR (which people love to non stop criticise), ended up changing that and giving the correct disciplinary action, is just something else.
As why not criticise the ref for sending off the West Brom manager whilst you’re at it, as even though the ball hadn’t gone out of play and the LOTG state it’s a red card, I guess you can still criticise him just for the sake of it?

I didn’t even mention the West Brom game.

You are verging on hysteria here.

Mason Holgate on 17:12 - Feb 19 with 1093 viewsPatfromPoole

Mason Holgate on 16:46 - Feb 19 by saints__fan__73

TBF, they seem to quite often.

Ah yes. I get it.

Nick goes out of the country for a week or so.

You therefore need somebody else to stalk and pester.

Flattered, hun.

Mason Holgate on 17:21 - Feb 19 with 1084 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Words genuinely fail me.

I have got him on ignore member (through settings) on the recommendation of London Saint, best thing I’ve done on this site! Try it, just one click means no more from SFCR
[Post edited 19 Feb 17:27]
Mason Holgate on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 1055 viewsSFC_Referee

Mason Holgate on 17:09 - Feb 19 by PatfromPoole

I didn’t even mention the West Brom game.

You are verging on hysteria here.

Might as well for all the nonsense you’ve said around this red card

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024