Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Nicholl tribute 13:11 - Mar 10 with 1785 viewsIanSouthstander

Aston Villa have just given a minutes applause for Chris ahead of todays game against Tottenham.
What happened to ours ?
Chris Nicholl tribute on 13:44 - Mar 10 with 1733 viewsSouthamptonfan

A very, very good point. Why didn't the club do anything yesterday?

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 1671 viewscocklebreath

In this day and age of any old gumbo getting a minutes applause/silence how the fook did we not do it for Chris Nicholl?
Awful decision from the club.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 14:44 - Mar 10 with 1661 viewskingslandstand1

Absolutely good point!!
Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:08 - Mar 10 with 1632 viewssaintmark1976

Chris Nicholl tribute on 14:41 - Mar 10 by cocklebreath

In this day and age of any old gumbo getting a minutes applause/silence how the fook did we not do it for Chris Nicholl?
Awful decision from the club.

I doubt that the pimply faced twelve year olds running the Club’s P R would have even the faintest idea who Chris Nicholl was, hence no tribute.
Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:11 - Mar 10 with 1623 viewsTripleNiemi

Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:08 - Mar 10 by saintmark1976

I doubt that the pimply faced twelve year olds running the Club’s P R would have even the faintest idea who Chris Nicholl was, hence no tribute.

Too busy filming the ‘Limbs’ no doubt……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:47 - Mar 10 with 1593 viewscocklebreath

Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:08 - Mar 10 by saintmark1976

We’ll that’s depressing , must be someone at the club who had a connection to that time in our history? All fans of mid 40’s onwards would remember Chris fondly

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 16:46 - Mar 10 with 1525 viewsPatfromPoole

Par for the course when you consider the Club sacking him and replacing him with Branfoot…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 17:40 - Mar 10 with 1474 viewsLondonSaint76

Disgusted.
Not as if he was 'just a manager' like Koeman for example who came and went, he played 220+ games for us as well.
The Echo should demand answers from the Club.
Perhaps we, the supporters, should arrange an impromptu one minute's applause in the 77th minute of the next home fixture as CN was 77 when he passed away. If accompanied by a chorus of 'One Chris Nicholl' there's only one Chris Nicholl' it should get the message across clearly enough...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Nicholl tribute on 17:53 - Mar 10 with 1447 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/contact-us-opening-hours-southampton-fc

I have contacted the club. I hope others do too. It's embarrassing that his life and service has been celebrated at every club he was associated with apart from ours. We ought to do something against Middlesbrough.

Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:02 - Mar 10 with 1429 viewsfelly1

Chris Nicholl tribute on 17:53 - Mar 10 by Southamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/contact-us-opening-hours-southampton-fc

I have contacted the club. I hope others do too. It's embarrassing that his life and service has been celebrated at every club he was associated with apart from ours. We ought to do something against Middlesbrough.

Thanks for the link Southamptonfan.
I've emailed the club to express my disappointment at the club for ignoring/ forgetting Chris's passing.
Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:10 - Mar 10 with 1409 viewssaintwizzler

Nothing surprises me about how Southampton Football Club is run anymore.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:22 - Mar 10 with 1403 viewsNumber_58

To be fair to the club, they were probably too busy trying to think of hilarious fire related songs for their half time playlist.
Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:54 - Mar 10 with 1358 viewsA1079

I was asking the same yesterday. Where was the recognition of Chris Nicholl? Dreadful and appalling omission by the club and if they do it now it will now seem like nothing more than an afterthought - and it is 20 days before our next home game!
Chris Nicholl tribute on 19:15 - Mar 10 with 1337 viewsSouthamptonfan

Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:54 - Mar 10 by A1079

I was asking the same yesterday. Where was the recognition of Chris Nicholl? Dreadful and appalling omission by the club and if they do it now it will now seem like nothing more than an afterthought - and it is 20 days before our next home game!

The only benefit of the doubt I can think of (and even then, it's dreadful of the club) is that there might have been something planned for the Preston game but then the fire was occupying all of their time, and it just got forgotten. As terrible as that sounds, but that could be the reason? I hope Saints haven't purposely chosen not to recognise him as that would obviously be disgusting. Hopefully the club can do something for the Middlesbrough game, better late than never. Linking the game with dementia charities, might be a decent thing to do and yes I would like to applaud for Chris or do something. There needs to be some recognition.

Chris Nicholl tribute on 19:34 - Mar 10 with 1308 viewsA1079

Chris Nicholl tribute on 19:15 - Mar 10 by Southamptonfan

The only benefit of the doubt I can think of (and even then, it's dreadful of the club) is that there might have been something planned for the Preston game but then the fire was occupying all of their time, and it just got forgotten. As terrible as that sounds, but that could be the reason? I hope Saints haven't purposely chosen not to recognise him as that would obviously be disgusting. Hopefully the club can do something for the Middlesbrough game, better late than never. Linking the game with dementia charities, might be a decent thing to do and yes I would like to applaud for Chris or do something. There needs to be some recognition.

I think you may well be right Southamptonfan and the benefit of doubt I may also be prepared to give them is that the focus was on it being the Saints Foundation game/day - but that still feels lame even if that is the case. But, whatever the reason, genuine or otherwise the moment has gone now. I suspect they may well do something for Middlesbrough and as you say better late than never - but still odd.
Chris Nicholl tribute on 19:36 - Mar 10 with 1303 viewsPatfromPoole

Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:22 - Mar 10 by Number_58

To be fair to the club, they were probably too busy trying to think of hilarious fire related songs for their half time playlist.

They only needed to look at my thread on here earlier this week for that…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 23:23 - Mar 10 with 1125 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 10:24 - Mar 11 with 933 viewsSaintNick

Chris Nicholl tribute on 23:23 - Mar 10 by saintwizzler

A good idea. I certainly think something should be done for Chris Nicholl a great servant to the club both as a player and manager.

However Im not keen on doing this at a certain time in the game, all it takes is a goal on 77 minutes or something else controversial and it gets lost in the mix.

The club should be shamed into doing something ahead of kick off, when it can done respectably and with the dignity he deserves to have.

If the club don't do something in the next day or so Ill certainly be pointing this out, this has exposed just how little those running the club day to day ( I don't mean Sport Republic) have no idea about it's history or background

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chris Nicholl tribute on 10:57 - Mar 11 with 892 viewsBuggalugs

Chris Nicholl tribute on 10:24 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

A good idea. I certainly think something should be done for Chris Nicholl a great servant to the club both as a player and manager.

However Im not keen on doing this at a certain time in the game, all it takes is a goal on 77 minutes or something else controversial and it gets lost in the mix.

The club should be shamed into doing something ahead of kick off, when it can done respectably and with the dignity he deserves to have.

If the club don't do something in the next day or so Ill certainly be pointing this out, this has exposed just how little those running the club day to day ( I don't mean Sport Republic) have no idea about it's history or background

The club have ballsed up big time on this and anything they do now will be too little, too late.

We're not talking about someone who just passed through SFC for a couple of seasons; the guy made over 200 appearances and managed us for 6 or 7 seasons ffs.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:23 - Mar 11 with 771 viewsSpitMk9

Am I missing something? This article was published by Southampton FC on Feb 25th.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/chris-nicholl-1946-2024
Chris Nicholl tribute on 16:21 - Mar 11 with 720 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Chris Nicholl tribute on 15:23 - Mar 11 by SpitMk9

Am I missing something? This article was published by Southampton FC on Feb 25th.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/chris-nicholl-1946-2024

Fair enough, but not enough. Not nearly enough.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MI830Fx78Ew
Chris Nicholl tribute on 18:03 - Mar 11 with 677 viewsericofarabia

I was surprised that we didn't wear black armbands at Anfield at the very least .
Chris Nicholl tribute on 21:05 - Mar 11 with 609 viewsSpitMk9

Chris Nicholl tribute on 16:21 - Mar 11 by InTimeAddedOn

Fair enough, but not enough. Not nearly enough.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MI830Fx78Ew

Ok. I take your point.
Chris Nicholl tribute on 21:24 - Mar 11 with 580 viewsdirk_doone

Chris Nicholl tribute on 10:57 - Mar 11 by Buggalugs

The club have ballsed up big time on this and anything they do now will be too little, too late.

We're not talking about someone who just passed through SFC for a couple of seasons; the guy made over 200 appearances and managed us for 6 or 7 seasons ffs.

Surely, they could have got this sculptor to knock something up:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/6123616.jpg?type=mds-article-962

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024