Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread 09:35 - Jan 1 with 21724 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 09:56 - Jan 1 with 6783 viewsJackfath

It's twa tting it down. Loads of low hard shots aimed at their keeper with our players buzzing around for a nasty fumble.

A sneaky 2-1 win for the Swans. Although I would be delighted with a point at this time.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:09 - Jan 1 with 6758 viewsRancid

We do well against this lot usually at ours and with the weather like it is then there's a good chance we coulod get something today.If Cardiff can then why the heck can't we?
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:10 - Jan 1 with 6757 viewswaynekerr55

5 words. Let. Bony. Have. 90. Minutes.

That is all

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:12 - Jan 1 with 6748 viewsDr_Winston

No Silva or Aguero. If we're going to play them now's the time. Only Toure, Negredo and Nasri to worry about.

Be very, very happy with a draw today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:17 - Jan 1 with 6723 viewss1ackjack

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:12 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

No Silva or Aguero. If we're going to play them now's the time. Only Toure, Negredo and Nasri to worry about.

Be very, very happy with a draw today.

I remember some saying "now is the time to beat them" when we played Man Utd first game. Unfortunately look what happened. Hope you're right though and a point would be a very good result.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:22 - Jan 1 with 6711 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:17 - Jan 1 by s1ackjack

I remember some saying "now is the time to beat them" when we played Man Utd first game. Unfortunately look what happened. Hope you're right though and a point would be a very good result.

True.But we've beaten Citeh before and run them close up there too.This is the type of game we flourish with.Well it would have been in previous seasons.Not too sure about us this season though.
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:28 - Jan 1 with 6684 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The nasty weather won't suit the Man City team full of foreign types.

I can see our lads coping better with the conditions, expect good games from the likes of Joseph Caines, Alan Rangle, Paul Hernanson and Joseph Michael 'Cheeky' Flowers.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:00 - Jan 1 with 6568 viewsWhiterockin

As far as I am concerned any points we pick up off the top teams are bonus points. Although every point matters, our results with bottom half teams will determine where we finish in the league.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:10 - Jan 1 with 6537 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:28 - Jan 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

The nasty weather won't suit the Man City team full of foreign types.

I can see our lads coping better with the conditions, expect good games from the likes of Joseph Caines, Alan Rangle, Paul Hernanson and Joseph Michael 'Cheeky' Flowers.

Absolutely - our squad of home grown talent will hold all the aces.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:51 - Jan 1 with 6377 viewsepaul

RT @SwansOfficial: #SWANS: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams (c), Davies, Canas, de Guzman, Shelvey, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony.

RT @SwansOfficial: #SWANS Subs: Zabret, Tiendalli, Amat, Taylor, Pozuelo, Lamah, Vazquez.

Leon not even on the bench!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:53 - Jan 1 with 6364 viewsLaudrup

[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 11:57]

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:56 - Jan 1 with 6338 viewsLaudrup

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/report-man-city-h-1267329.aspx

TEAMS: Swans v Man City

. . . all the action from the opening game of 2014

The Swans make two changes to their starting XI as they look to get the New Year off to a winning note against Manchester City at the Liberty (12.45pm).
From the 1-1 draw at Aston Villa, Angel Rangel starts at right-back in place of Dwight Tiendalli while Wayne Routledge is given the nod on the win as Roland Lamah - scorer of the Swans' goal at Villa Park - drops to the bench.
Michael Laudrup is without Leon Britton, who misses out through illness, while Michel Vorm and Michu are still sidelined.

SWANS:Gerhard Tremmel, Angel Rangel, Chico Flores, Ashley Williams (capt), Ben Davies, Jose Canas, Jonathan de Guzman, Jonjo Shelvey, Wayne Routledge, Pablo Hernandez, Wilfried Bony.
SUBS: Gregor Zabret, Dwight Tiendalli, Jordi Amat, Neil Taylor, Alejandro Pozuelo, Roland Lamah, Alvaro Vazquez.

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:57 - Jan 1 with 6334 views2face

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 10:22 - Jan 1 by Rancid

True.But we've beaten Citeh before and run them close up there too.This is the type of game we flourish with.Well it would have been in previous seasons.Not too sure about us this season though.

I don't think you can compare the current City with last seasons City. This Manchester City is on level with Bayern Münich and Barcelona imo.

I still believe we can get a result though. Because of circumstances like it's january 1st, tight schedule, fatigue, lack of focus, strange referee decisions, dumb luck etc.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2014 11:59]
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:58 - Jan 1 with 6325 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 11:51 - Jan 1 by epaul

RT @SwansOfficial: #SWANS: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams (c), Davies, Canas, de Guzman, Shelvey, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony.

RT @SwansOfficial: #SWANS Subs: Zabret, Tiendalli, Amat, Taylor, Pozuelo, Lamah, Vazquez.

Leon not even on the bench!

I can only assume that Leon is still suffering from his toe problem. No real midfield options on the bench (apart from dropping Shelvey's back if Poz comes on).
Still don't see Laudrup's idea of playing Routledge. I suppose we can only hope that eventually he'll start playing well again.

It's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum this week, but if we need a goal late on, it would be good to see Vasquez play up front with Bony, rather than just swap one for the other.
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:02 - Jan 1 with 6290 viewsLaudrup

"I can only assume that Leon is still suffering from his toe problem."

No, Leon is ill, as I quoted from the official site in my post above.

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:06 - Jan 1 with 6269 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:02 - Jan 1 by Laudrup

"I can only assume that Leon is still suffering from his toe problem."

No, Leon is ill, as I quoted from the official site in my post above.

Ah, ok. That post hadn't appeared when I posted mine
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:26 - Jan 1 with 6162 viewsWarwickHunt

Vazquez late winner. Lump on.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:33 - Jan 1 with 6122 viewstomjones333

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:33 - Jan 1 with 6121 viewstomjones333

Let Bonny Play Lol He was still in Oceana 3 this morning drinking
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:35 - Jan 1 with 6111 viewsepaul

any decent links?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:36 - Jan 1 with 6106 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge needs to man up today , Good support play for Bony .
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:40 - Jan 1 with 6081 viewsharemscarem

I would have liked to see Lamah from the start, and Britton on the bench. Other than that it looks good:-)

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:47 - Jan 1 with 6044 viewsswanny

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:33 - Jan 1 by tomjones333

Let Bonny Play Lol He was still in Oceana 3 this morning drinking

I doubt that

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:49 - Jan 1 with 6035 viewsZut_Alors

http://sportzhdch12.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html/p/blog-page.html/

Kit issue again...
The Official Swansea City V Manchester City matchday thread on 12:51 - Jan 1 with 6018 viewsJWK

More of that Bony.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024