Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Cricket Thread 11:21 - Jun 12 with 20337 viewstoboboly

New Summer, new England.

Same old story though - 13-1 after just a few overs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:23 - Jun 16 with 1434 viewsMrSheen

Shame, good finish, England normally find a way to win those.

As well as the conservative declaration, Cook deserves some stick for the hopeless timewasting tactics yesterday morning, putting everyone out for Matthews to offer him a single he didn't want rather than trying to get him out, then trying to bounce out the tail-enders rather than bowling at the stumps.
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:51 - Jun 20 with 1360 viewstoboboly

Great finish to the last test.

Great afternoon session so far.

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:35 - Jun 20 with 1346 viewsTonto

how many lives are they going to give Sangakkara?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:14 - Jun 20 with 1338 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:35 - Jun 20 by Tonto

how many lives are they going to give Sangakkara?

Thought the Ali one was a hard take but at this level and with that sort of player you have to take your chances. However the amount of times he could have played onto his own stumps is incredible! Luck of the devil so far.

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:44 - Jun 23 with 1293 viewsted_hendrix

We really are going backwards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:20 - Jun 23 with 1270 viewsDWQPR

This stinks of the abject displays we used to produce in the late eighties and again before Nasser Hussain was appointed captain. Too many changes at once, bringing in average players and leaving out quality bowlers who would have revelled on this pitch like Onions. Captain only playing because he is captain and a lousy one at that and the one player that they should have kept and made captain they sack. Typical old school tie approach to English cricket which is why we will always take one step forward and three back.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:24 - Jun 23 with 1267 viewsjohnhoop

52 for 5 now. It really is incredible that the England team have gone in 12 months from a (rather fortunate) 3 nil ashes win against Australia to being so embarrassingly awful that they're painful to watch.
Could therer ever have been as bad a week for English sport as this one?
Knocked out of the World Cup at the group stage, Rugby team beaten 3-0 by the all blacks and now a series defeat to Sri Lanka !
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:28 - Jun 23 with 1256 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:24 - Jun 23 by johnhoop

52 for 5 now. It really is incredible that the England team have gone in 12 months from a (rather fortunate) 3 nil ashes win against Australia to being so embarrassingly awful that they're painful to watch.
Knocked out of the World Cup at the group stage, Rugby team beaten 3-0 by the all blacks and now a series defeat to Sri Lanka !

Jumped the gun a bit there as I posted it before they had the review but it's going to make f--- all difference to the result of this match and series.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:31 - Jun 23 with 1247 viewsClive_Anderson

Don't worry it's 5 down now. All of two minutes later.
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:32 - Jun 23 with 1246 viewsElHoop

I don't think that I've ever seen anything quite as clueless looking as Cook does at the moment.
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:48 - Jun 23 with 1223 viewsted_hendrix

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:32 - Jun 23 by ElHoop

I don't think that I've ever seen anything quite as clueless looking as Cook does at the moment.

I think its a bit sad about Cook if I'm honest, he's going through a dreadful period with the bat and his captaincy and decision making is all over the place.
Currently he's as far removed as a test match opener as I would be, I'm not even sure if he should be in team.
One things for sure and nobody can dispute is we're fcking shit, and it needs sorting out if possible PDQ, The Indians will muller us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:56 - Jun 23 with 1213 viewsCiderwithRsie

Aaaargh!!!!
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:20 - Jun 23 with 1206 viewsjohnhoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 23 with 1205 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:24 - Jun 23 with 1203 viewsjohnhoop

Sorry, last two posts were completely accidental and I've no idea how they happened.
Summer Cricket Thread on 19:38 - Jun 23 with 1178 viewsCiderwithRsie

I really feel sorry for Cook, he's a great player and I think he's been unfairly made the hate-figure for everything wrong with English cricket. But its undeniable that his form is shot and I think his captaincy just isn't up to it.

It's not really the tactics that bother me, though he's obviously not great. It's more that he seems incapable of lifting the team or even getting the bowlers to stick to plans. There are times in this match when he should have told Anderson and Broad that if they can't bowl accurately then he was taking them off and putting another bowler on - he'd got 3 to choose from [4 including Root.] The fielding has also been dreadful, and that's a sign of poor morale. I think Plunkett's dismissal was symptomatic of a team which has stopped believing that they can win. We got that way in Australia and there's no sign of it turning around.

Moores should also be in the firing line. No improvement at all since he started. He should be right onto poor fielding as soon as it appears - it's the sort of thing you can get right through effort and you start with those. And the interview that Cook gave with Agnew was the sign of a bloke at the end of his tether. If Cook doesn't resign or get sacked I reckon he's heading for a breakdown. The coach should not allow that situation to arise.
Summer Cricket Thread on 20:05 - Jun 23 with 1166 viewsElHoop

Yeah I agree with Ted and Cider that it's sad to see Cook in such a mess.

A couple of years ago we were supposed to be rotating players to give them a break but we don't seem to have enough to do that now. OK Stokes should be back soon and Robson has done OK but it still looks like a case of 'one out all out' at the moment so morale is obviously very low.

I wonder whether giving Root the captaincy might lighten things up a bit. OK he's a kid and he's been messed around enough already but he'll bat anywhere for England, unlike Bell and KP, and Broad isn't looking fit enough to captain on a regular basis. I'd spare Cook the captaincy and help him with his batting.

I agree about Moores, he's never convinced me
Summer Cricket Thread on 20:20 - Jun 23 with 1155 viewsCamberleyR

Summer Cricket Thread on 18:32 - Jun 23 by ElHoop

Awful, hopeless captain. Seems to have gone backwards and shrunk in stature with the responsibility, like the anti-Graham Gooch.

God only knows how he managed to captain us to a series victory in India which had only been done before by three English captains and isn't done very often by non sub-continent teams.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Summer Cricket Thread on 20:33 - Jun 23 with 1145 viewsHollowayRanger

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:09 - Jun 12 by bob566

lost the love when bbc lost the rights. Refuse to give murdoch a penny.

me too haven't watched a cricket match/programme since it went to scummy sky

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Summer Cricket Thread (n/t) on 20:36 - Jun 23 with 1145 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Summer Cricket Thread on 23:13 - Jun 23 with 1096 viewscoolranger

Peter Moores. Hardly inspires you.

Imagine having drinks / dinner with him, Andy Flower and Duncan Fletcher.....riveting.

England strike me as really having lost their way. Top players on the downhill. Young players trying to establish themselves. And yet another 'super intense' coach.

Dull.
Summer Cricket Thread on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 1050 viewstoboboly

Well yesterday was an immense fck up wasn't it?

57-5? Cook has to walk now surely. I know there isn't a natural replacement but he is lost and unlikely to be able to hit a ball again the way he is going a the moment.

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:26 - Jun 24 with 1042 viewsElHoop

I would expect to see some sort of rearguard action today. You can't blame Cook for everything. The top scorers in our big innings at Lord's were Root, Ali, Prior and Broad, all of whom await their fate.

We live in hope, just about.
Summer Cricket Thread on 10:07 - Jun 24 with 1036 viewswillis1980

im sorry but Cook has to go, hes been awful as captain on the whole. unless he is making runs he contributes little as captain, you have to ask yourself who is to become after him. its almost been a year since we last won a test match.
Summer Cricket Thread on 10:11 - Jun 24 with 1032 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:26 - Jun 24 by ElHoop

I would expect to see some sort of rearguard action today. You can't blame Cook for everything. The top scorers in our big innings at Lord's were Root, Ali, Prior and Broad, all of whom await their fate.

We live in hope, just about.

I blame Cook for his generally poor captaincy, picking the wrong bowlers at the wrong times, leaving them bowling for too long, poor field settings. Also don't forget that a captain has a voice on who is picked for the team, and Woakes demolished Sussex yesterday.

Then we get to his batting, he is averaging 25 over the last year, if he was still doing one thing good then I could see an argument for keeping him but at the moment nothing is right.

He should resign the captaincy, play a few county matches with no pressure to find a return to form before being back as a opening batsmen.

Edit: Woakes demolished Northants not Sussex last week. Ben Stokes is also doing very well at Durham.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 10:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024