Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Cricket Thread 11:21 - Jun 12 with 20342 viewstoboboly

New Summer, new England.

Same old story though - 13-1 after just a few overs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:32 - Jun 24 with 1710 viewsElHoop

Well we've got to 12.30 with still the 5 down, partly thanks to rain. Root putting in his bid here?
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:35 - Jun 24 with 1678 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:32 - Jun 24 by ElHoop

Well we've got to 12.30 with still the 5 down, partly thanks to rain. Root putting in his bid here?

Could well be. We need a miracle.

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:51 - Jun 24 with 1666 viewswillis1980

Root gone sadly, lets see which prior we get
Summer Cricket Thread on 16:17 - Jun 24 with 1640 viewstoboboly

Prior out unfairly hasn't helped. Ali trying to forge a miracle. New ball after lunch though. Could be over very quickly.

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:27 - Jun 24 with 1635 viewsElHoop

Fair play to Ali though, he's dug in there and he doesn't mind it up him.
Summer Cricket Thread on 16:50 - Jun 24 with 1612 viewsTonto

Ali has done well in what will be a losing cause.

The trouble is what do England do next? i belive their turning to youth is a good policy, Robson, Balance, Root and now Ali have all shown some fortitude and skill in this series. the weakest link in the batting was Cook. But if you drop Cook as captain, do you also drop Cook the player?

And if you do drop Cook as captain, who takes over? i hate seeing bowlers as Captain, but Bell hasn't really shown Captainlike leadership in his 100 caps and the others are too green. Prior is vice captain, but he's playing for his place too!

Plus the management have gone all in on Cook in the KP issue, so have they basically shafted themselves in the process?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:11 - Jun 24 with 1589 viewsElHoop

Can't see Cook wanting to continue as captain, it's sucking the life out of him. They'll probably give it to Bell but I'd prefer Root or Broad.
Summer Cricket Thread on 19:09 - Jun 24 with 1555 viewsted_hendrix

What an awful way for the game to finish but stand up Moeen Ali and take a bow, if ever a player didn't deserve to be on a losing side its him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:24 - Jun 24 with 1541 viewsElHoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:09 - Jun 24 by ted_hendrix

What an awful way for the game to finish but stand up Moeen Ali and take a bow, if ever a player didn't deserve to be on a losing side its him.

Bollicking ada. That was a shame. Unfortunately Jimmy didn't like it up him and in the end it got him.
Summer Cricket Thread on 22:17 - Jun 24 with 1499 viewsAgedR

Some positives in this short series. Robson, Balance and Moin (bat and ball). Jordan has also been ok and Plunkett much improved.

I think Cook needs a rest as skipper, partly because he is such a poor skipper, but, I think he fits the whole Moores/Flower mould, plus, with the Peitersen business they have nailed their colours to him.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Summer Cricket Thread on 22:33 - Jun 24 with 1491 viewsMrSheen

Ali WG!

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:34 - Jun 25 with 1458 viewstoboboly

What a heartbreaking finish.

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:39 - Jun 25 with 1456 viewswillis1980

you could see it coming, the burnley lara shouldve just tried to leave it. i would like to see stokes back in the side not sure at whos expense though
Summer Cricket Thread on 09:51 - Jun 25 with 1451 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:39 - Jun 25 by willis1980

you could see it coming, the burnley lara shouldve just tried to leave it. i would like to see stokes back in the side not sure at whos expense though

He had done so well fending off the rest of the over as well.

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:01 - Jul 9 with 1428 viewstoboboly

ENGLAND V INDIA - 1ST TEST

After a bad morning on a terrible bowling wicket, two thunderbolts after lunch. Hope England can carry this on, Cook and England need some positive results.

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:13 - Jul 9 with 1415 views18StoneOfHoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:01 - Jul 9 by toboboly

ENGLAND V INDIA - 1ST TEST

After a bad morning on a terrible bowling wicket, two thunderbolts after lunch. Hope England can carry this on, Cook and England need some positive results.

Reverse swing 4 Jimmy Jimmy!

115-3 now, couple more wickets this sesh - stop 'em getting over 300 odd,then a ton at last for Cookie ?!?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:06 - Jul 9 with 1388 viewsjamois

We're keeping it tight but i'm worried these two look set for a long stay - 211-4 and Dhoni has 23 out of nothing really.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:21 - Jul 10 with 1361 viewsRangersw12

What an awful pitch , we should be using our home advantage and trying to produce bouncy wickets not produce a surface that wouldn't look out of place in Calcutta
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:05 - Jul 10 with 1350 viewsRangersw12

3 wickets after lunch , they will be out for 360 at this rate !!
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:35 - Jul 10 with 1341 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:05 - Jul 10 by Rangersw12

3 wickets after lunch , they will be out for 360 at this rate !!

What a collapse, Englandesque. We need to get the tail quickly rather than let them get some priceless runs.

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:33 - Jul 10 with 1320 viewstoboboly

Why do we always, ALWAYS struggle against tail enders?

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:37 - Jul 10 with 1319 viewsRangersw12

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:33 - Jul 10 by toboboly

Why do we always, ALWAYS struggle against tail enders?

Because we never seem to have a plan it's either too short or too full

Lets hope when we bat we don't just bat for the draw , bowling them out for 420 on that pitch is still a decent effort
Summer Cricket Thread on 15:43 - Jul 10 with 1315 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 15:37 - Jul 10 by Rangersw12

Because we never seem to have a plan it's either too short or too full

Lets hope when we bat we don't just bat for the draw , bowling them out for 420 on that pitch is still a decent effort

But thats the point, its not like it is rare to bowl to tailenders yet we never seem to have a fcking clue as to what to do. It's infuriating, they should have been done for 370 at the most.

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:04 - Jul 10 with 1308 viewsjamois

We've developed a real problem of late in getting the tail out. It wags mightily at us every bloody test these days. We could have had this lot under 400. Instead we have an 80 partnership and not one bowler seems to know what to do.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:09 - Jul 10 with 1304 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:04 - Jul 10 by jamois

We've developed a real problem of late in getting the tail out. It wags mightily at us every bloody test these days. We could have had this lot under 400. Instead we have an 80 partnership and not one bowler seems to know what to do.

Andrew Samson, BBC Test Match Special statistician
"England's last 10th-wicket partnership of 50 or more was back in 2008. Since then have conceded eight."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024