Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shortlist of 1? 15:28 - Feb 3 with 2883 viewsstuabd

Or are we doing it properly?
Shortlist of 1? on 18:08 - Feb 3 with 1105 viewsTHEBUSH

If Les Ferdinand has a choice it's gonna be Sherwood, unless TF has someone in mind
Shortlist of 1? on 18:14 - Feb 3 with 1095 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Howabout Miguel Herrera, Mexico's manager, he was bloody entertaining in the last World Cup and his team wasn't bad either.
Shortlist of 1? on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 1078 viewsaston_hoop

I know there is no way he'd come as he is currently in a great position but Brentfords manager is the kind of bloke I'd like to see. Experienced at coaching, a people person, a long term thinker and seems to be able to get the very best out of what he has.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Shortlist of 1? on 20:17 - Feb 3 with 984 viewsBushman

Shortlist of 1? on 18:21 - Feb 3 by aston_hoop

I know there is no way he'd come as he is currently in a great position but Brentfords manager is the kind of bloke I'd like to see. Experienced at coaching, a people person, a long term thinker and seems to be able to get the very best out of what he has.

Whole set up at Brentford,board,management,new stadium,finances,coaching & holistic approach is literally years ahead of our current regime.

Likely to pass us on the way up.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 20:20]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Shortlist of 1? on 21:10 - Feb 3 with 923 viewskysersosaqpr

Per lease not Sherwood. The whole thing smacks of some Tottenham takeover.
Paul Clement - coach and manager. Give him nine year contract; 3 years to get rid of sh.ite and rebuild young hungry team with proper football philosophy; 3 years to get us up from div1 (and that is where we are heading) to championship to premiere; 3 years for Europe.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Shortlist of 1? on 21:34 - Feb 3 with 890 viewsTopCat34

Interesting one this. As others have said, we need someone to come in and motivate these players. For that reason I reckon Sherwood's the best option, I don't fancy Warnock with this current crop and I don't think anyone pushing up the leagues Warburton, McLaren, Howe would come here in a million years.

Karl Robinson has hit a brick wall at MK Dons, big future perhaps but this is throwing him in at the deep end to say the least. Other bookie favourites: Benitez, Zola and Solskjaer. Don't think any of them look particularly appetising.

Narrows it down quite a bit, people like Ainsworth, Derry, Birch I'd like to see given a chance in the future, maybe at the end of the season? But for now they've all got developing careers.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 21:35]
Shortlist of 1? on 21:43 - Feb 3 with 865 viewsBostonR

Neil Lennon for me.
Shortlist of 1? on 08:52 - Feb 4 with 768 viewsloftinoz

Shortlist of 1? on 16:24 - Feb 3 by CHUBBS

Nigel Clough for me is the only feasible manager with the required experience who might be interested in this job.
Builds good sides on very limited budgets so would be an end to all these ridiculous big time Charlies.
We might even get a cup run.

Cup run? Hang on , I'll have to Google that.
Login to get fewer ads

Shortlist of 1? on 09:09 - Feb 4 with 749 viewsMonahoop

Nemanja Bilic for me. That guy's rock n roll, nutty as a fruit cake, passionate [about football apparently], and entertaining and just what we need to liven the whole joint up.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Shortlist of 1? on 09:38 - Feb 4 with 732 viewsCiderwithRsie

Shortlist of 1? on 16:22 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

I think the difficulty is that managing a club in the top 2 divisions is all about so much more than just the 1st team and coaching said squad.

That part is in a full time job on its own, yet most managers in this country want to do everything and greatly resent the Les Ferdinand position - if they embraced that, would make their lives so much easier.

Trouble with established managers - old school - if you like - is that conflict with LF will be there from day one.

Your list Paul, would certainly help in that respect, yes they would buy in to the whole club ethos, but I would worry about their ability to coach and motivate the £30,000 - £70,000 a week players - and like it or not that's what you need to be able to do - top half of Champs/Prem at least.

Agree with that 100%.

Right now I'm having a burst of post-Redknapp euphoria and on the basis of one sentence from Clive I'm dreaming of Paul Clement being appointed here as Manager/Head Coach with Sir Les as DoF. Clement seems to have thrived on taking a lower profile in Spain and I reckon the set-up you propose might actually suit him better than an "old-school" job elsewhere.

Probably all nonsense and Tim Sherwood will be appointed by tea-time, but right now I have a dram and no-one can take it from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024