Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chaz cheap. 20:40 - Jun 21 with 17868 viewsconnell10

So it seems palace have pulled out of signing austin because they think 15 million is to steep, newcastle are getting edgy over the fee rangers want as well. Well i think in todays market 15 million for a english striker like chaz is bloody cheap, really we should be getting 20 million plus for him, i cant understand why these clubs are unwilling to pay such a cheap price!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:11 - Jun 24 with 1982 viewsRangerJim

I have it on good authority that the Newcastle deal is done...

Sorry chaps

[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 13:17]
chaz cheap. on 13:25 - Jun 24 with 1943 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 11:52 - Jun 24 by NW10Hoop

I would say Midtable starter money now for a forward is £12-15m transfer fee, £40-70k a week wages. Sounds like asking for £15m is entirely fair to me. WE took the gamble on his fitness when others wouldn't. WE gave him his first taste of Premier league football. So if anything we've taken the element of risk out of the equation for any club looking at him. He stayed fit all season and scored a load of goals. QPR should be compensated fairly if he ends up moving clubs.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 11:57]

Those wages are waaaaay too high, those are QPR wages.

Asking for 15m is reasonable, expecting it is not.

I agree that we took the gamble but that should have factored into the price we paid but we had the Crook in charge so what can you do? It doesn't matter to whoever is buying him now.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

chaz cheap. on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 1898 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

chaz cheap. on 14:12 - Jun 24 with 1894 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 14:10 - Jun 24 by Hoop_Du_Jour

From someone who tweeted he was defo going to Spam.!

Dont think he knows anymore than we do
chaz cheap. on 14:13 - Jun 24 with 1889 viewsNW10Hoop

chaz cheap. on 13:25 - Jun 24 by Mvpeter

Those wages are waaaaay too high, those are QPR wages.

Asking for 15m is reasonable, expecting it is not.

I agree that we took the gamble but that should have factored into the price we paid but we had the Crook in charge so what can you do? It doesn't matter to whoever is buying him now.

In 2013 the average Premier League wage was £25-30k a week. Yes the average is skewed by some of the big earners, but there are also a lot of younger/squad players that bring down the average.

There's been a new TV Deal, there are a few clubs interested in him and Charlie is most certainly above an above average player in terms of performance and marketability. If I was his agent I would be aiming for £50-70k a week.

If he went to Newcastle for example, wearing the number 9, and being an English centre forward - Sports Direct would make a killing selling shirts with his name on the back to people who have borrowed from the name on the front
chaz cheap. on 16:04 - Jun 24 with 1835 viewsowza

This is all just starting to bore me now. Half the Premier League seem to be 'interested' but we never seem to receive any concrete offers. Wouldn't accept anything below 15 million for sure. If Wilfried Bony is worth 28 million then Charlie is at least worth 20 mil but obviously with the contract situation that lowers his value. 15 million in today's football climate seems reasonable for an 18 goal Premier League striker so they should pay up if they want his services. But I am resigned to losing him, he's given us some incredible memories but we have to respect his needs and move on and re-invest the money in another top quality striker. Pre-seasons not far away so Charlie's future has to be sorted by then really.
chaz cheap. on 16:25 - Jun 24 with 1811 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 14:13 - Jun 24 by NW10Hoop

In 2013 the average Premier League wage was £25-30k a week. Yes the average is skewed by some of the big earners, but there are also a lot of younger/squad players that bring down the average.

There's been a new TV Deal, there are a few clubs interested in him and Charlie is most certainly above an above average player in terms of performance and marketability. If I was his agent I would be aiming for £50-70k a week.

If he went to Newcastle for example, wearing the number 9, and being an English centre forward - Sports Direct would make a killing selling shirts with his name on the back to people who have borrowed from the name on the front

Charlie is not above average in terms of earning potential. The top 8 massively skew that. Too many players that earn ten times the amounts other players in the division get. An average isn't really a good judge of wages in the premier league for this reason.

But lets just say he is above average for the league and it is a good indicator. He's not worth 2.33 times an average premier league player. But I guess we'll see.

chaz cheap. on 23:30 - Jun 24 with 1721 viewsconnell10

chaz cheap. on 16:25 - Jun 24 by Mvpeter

Charlie is not above average in terms of earning potential. The top 8 massively skew that. Too many players that earn ten times the amounts other players in the division get. An average isn't really a good judge of wages in the premier league for this reason.

But lets just say he is above average for the league and it is a good indicator. He's not worth 2.33 times an average premier league player. But I guess we'll see.

You seem to think you know a lot pete!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

chaz cheap. on 08:40 - Jun 25 with 1636 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 23:30 - Jun 24 by connell10

You seem to think you know a lot pete!

Thank you connell!

Best way to learn is to have your beliefs challenged. Best way to have your beliefs challenged is to tell people them if they want to hear it. Best way to find people who want to hear it is to join a forum.

Tis a wonderful system.

chaz cheap. on 09:40 - Jun 25 with 1593 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Rumour Charlie's gonna ask for his price to be lowered cause he's worried no one will buy and he'll miss out on PL football...

Oh well.
chaz cheap. on 09:59 - Jun 25 with 1570 viewsBasingstokeR

chaz cheap. on 09:40 - Jun 25 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Rumour Charlie's gonna ask for his price to be lowered cause he's worried no one will buy and he'll miss out on PL football...

Oh well.

I guess he could put a transfer request in...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11696661/Cha

Hope we stick to our guns on price
[Post edited 25 Jun 2015 10:01]
chaz cheap. on 10:12 - Jun 25 with 1544 viewsQPR_John

chaz cheap. on 09:59 - Jun 25 by BasingstokeR

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/11696661/Cha

So this is how it works. A club outside the Premier League, and that is a salient point, asks a certain fee for a player, clubs in the Premier League do not want to pay it so they get their mates in the media to start putting it about that said player is unhappy.
chaz cheap. on 10:30 - Jun 25 with 1525 viewsGloucs_R

Agent talk. If the agent gets the price down, his cut and Charlie's wages will probably increase.

Poll: Are we staying up?

chaz cheap. on 10:38 - Jun 25 with 1500 viewsgordanoR

That completely contradicts an earlier article where he says he's not bothered about leaving & happy to stay if no one comes in for him.
chaz cheap. on 10:42 - Jun 25 with 1487 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 10:38 - Jun 25 by gordanoR

That completely contradicts an earlier article where he says he's not bothered about leaving & happy to stay if no one comes in for him.

That article doesn't actually exist.

chaz cheap. on 10:48 - Jun 25 with 1471 viewsGetMeRangers

What does a transfer request mean these days. In the 'olden' days it meant a player didnt get a cut of the transfer fee, I believe.

Is it possible for a club to turn down a transfer request?

I still believe that it is relatively early in the transfer market and not many clubs have done much business:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9893206/premier-league-ins-and-out

I am sure he wants to move... desperate? Hope not
chaz cheap. on 10:48 - Jun 25 with 1471 viewsMaggsinho

chaz cheap. on 10:42 - Jun 25 by Mvpeter

What, this one?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-striker-charlie-austin-
chaz cheap. on 10:49 - Jun 25 with 1469 viewsdaveB

chaz cheap. on 10:42 - Jun 25 by Mvpeter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-striker-charlie-austin-
chaz cheap. on 10:56 - Jun 25 with 1435 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 10:48 - Jun 25 by Maggsinho

What, this one?

Yes that one.

Please explain how 'he says he's not bothered about leaving & happy to stay if no one comes in for him.'

Equals

Unless I’m told otherwise I will report for pre-season - I did exactly the same at Burnley when I had a year to go and I could have gone to Hull,"

“It’s the way I am. I’m not going to start refusing to come in or refusing to go there. I have one year left and I have to honour my contract. It’s out there that I've only got one year left but I will come back for when pre-season starts and hopefully get fit for the season to come.

“If I am told to leave then I won’t be here. If I am told to report and nothing is said then I will be here when we report back on day one."

chaz cheap. on 11:00 - Jun 25 with 1428 viewsMaggsinho

chaz cheap. on 10:56 - Jun 25 by Mvpeter

Yes that one.

Please explain how 'he says he's not bothered about leaving & happy to stay if no one comes in for him.'

Equals

Unless I’m told otherwise I will report for pre-season - I did exactly the same at Burnley when I had a year to go and I could have gone to Hull,"

“It’s the way I am. I’m not going to start refusing to come in or refusing to go there. I have one year left and I have to honour my contract. It’s out there that I've only got one year left but I will come back for when pre-season starts and hopefully get fit for the season to come.

“If I am told to leave then I won’t be here. If I am told to report and nothing is said then I will be here when we report back on day one."

I can't be bothered frankly.
chaz cheap. on 11:13 - Jun 25 with 1415 viewsdaveB

chaz cheap. on 10:56 - Jun 25 by Mvpeter

Yes that one.

Equals

Well he quite clearly says if no one comes in for him he'll just get on with it as he did at Burnley
chaz cheap. on 11:14 - Jun 25 with 1411 viewsjohncharles

chaz cheap. on 08:40 - Jun 25 by Mvpeter

Thank you connell!

Best way to learn is to have your beliefs challenged. Best way to have your beliefs challenged is to tell people them if they want to hear it. Best way to find people who want to hear it is to join a forum.

Tis a wonderful system.

The best way to win an argument is to claim that contradictory evidence doesn't exist.

Strong and stable my arse.

chaz cheap. on 11:22 - Jun 25 with 1385 viewsNW10Hoop

I get the feeling that he does want to go and play in the Premier League, probably has a club in mind that suits him wage wise/geographically and would like to leave on good terms with the club and fans. The more hardball QPR play with regards to his fee, the more I can see him having to force the issue. He probably never expected that it would be a real possibility to come back here for pre-season and could therefore could say those gracious things a month or 2 ago. I hope it doesn't turn ugly, I would love him to stay, but I also think that QPR should stick to our guns Fee wise. He could always offer to make the deal more attractive to other clubs by taking a lower salary if it really is just about staying in the Premier League
chaz cheap. on 11:42 - Jun 25 with 1354 viewshoof_hearted

If he stays with us for the year he will be able to negotiate a hefty signing on fee wherever he goes (or stays) next summer. Whatever happens he'll be a rich man for ever as long as he score plenty of goals wherever he is for another 6 years. I get the impression he's grounded enough to think like that. He can afford to be relaxed and his words can be taken at face value.

QPR have to weigh up the lost transfer fee (less however much would have to be spent on a replacement) against the chances of him leading us back to the promised land. It looks like the club are prepared to keep him if the price isn't right and that is good commercial sense and a tough negotiating stance.

It's quite boring not being a joke club any more.
chaz cheap. on 11:50 - Jun 25 with 1337 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 11:42 - Jun 25 by hoof_hearted

If he stays with us for the year he will be able to negotiate a hefty signing on fee wherever he goes (or stays) next summer. Whatever happens he'll be a rich man for ever as long as he score plenty of goals wherever he is for another 6 years. I get the impression he's grounded enough to think like that. He can afford to be relaxed and his words can be taken at face value.

QPR have to weigh up the lost transfer fee (less however much would have to be spent on a replacement) against the chances of him leading us back to the promised land. It looks like the club are prepared to keep him if the price isn't right and that is good commercial sense and a tough negotiating stance.

It's quite boring not being a joke club any more.

Quite boring not being a joke club anymore...

We are trying!

Kit reveal with no keepers in the line up... Players back on Monday with only Hitchcock as an assistant coach... some feel the new kit is being delivered too late... if you believe SoG we only have two players worth keeping (Chaz and Philips)... eight new signings by the time the players return hoped for by CR, but not yet delivered... training ground... new stadium... FFP... etc

Never boring being an R. Never will be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024