Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chaz cheap. 20:40 - Jun 21 with 18024 viewsconnell10

So it seems palace have pulled out of signing austin because they think 15 million is to steep, newcastle are getting edgy over the fee rangers want as well. Well i think in todays market 15 million for a english striker like chaz is bloody cheap, really we should be getting 20 million plus for him, i cant understand why these clubs are unwilling to pay such a cheap price!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

chaz cheap. on 08:49 - Jun 23 with 1639 viewsNW5Hoop

As far as Premier League clubs go, I imagine they have problems with his fitness, and with his lack of pace, both of which might well trouble them. Add to that the fact that we're relegated and wouldn't mind some cash, and I think if he goes it will end up being for less than people here would expect.

The fact is, he's had one terrific season in the Premier League. Just one. And football history is littered with people who had one terrific season in the top flight — if that was the measure, Grant Holt and Marlon Harewood would have been £15m players.
chaz cheap. on 09:04 - Jun 23 with 1609 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 08:49 - Jun 23 by NW5Hoop

As far as Premier League clubs go, I imagine they have problems with his fitness, and with his lack of pace, both of which might well trouble them. Add to that the fact that we're relegated and wouldn't mind some cash, and I think if he goes it will end up being for less than people here would expect.

The fact is, he's had one terrific season in the Premier League. Just one. And football history is littered with people who had one terrific season in the top flight — if that was the measure, Grant Holt and Marlon Harewood would have been £15m players.

Fair points... though I am not sure anyone seeing Charlie would compare him to Grant Holt. Iam sure I was not the only one who could see he was a very limited player. The £2 million Wigan paid two years ago seems very over the top!

Curious if the Les tag of £15 million is also a ploy. "Charlie, these other clubs dont think you are worth anything like as much as we think you are worth. They wont be making you No! striker. They wont continue to coach you to being a better player. Stay at QPR and not only will you become a better player, but know what your true value is. Stay here where you are really wanted and valued"

Just climbing down from my cloud in cuckoo land...
chaz cheap. on 09:20 - Jun 23 with 1585 viewsDiscodroids

i always grimmace when i hear the name Marlon harewood..I Was right behind a shot he let loose which nearly beheaded chris day at upton park in a 2-1 defeat .

to cap it all off it was my birthday and i returned to barking road to find my capri had been nicked. Marlons still my prime suspect.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

chaz cheap. on 09:21 - Jun 23 with 1588 viewsChurchie

If Charlie somehow could be persuaded to stay just for next season(I Know I Know) and his goals give us half a chance of getting back up it would be the best 15 million pound gamble of all. More clouds and cuckoos I know.
chaz cheap. on 09:54 - Jun 23 with 1561 viewsQPunkR

Read somewhere that Newcastle are gonna offer him the #9 shirt.
They'll still need to offer us at least £15m though!

QPR - "shit but local"

chaz cheap. on 10:12 - Jun 23 with 1529 viewsCamberleyR

Oh yeah, the fabled number 9 shirt worn by such legends as Billy Whitehurst, Imre Varadi and Malcolom Allen.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

chaz cheap. on 10:15 - Jun 23 with 1527 viewsQPunkR

chaz cheap. on 10:12 - Jun 23 by CamberleyR

Oh yeah, the fabled number 9 shirt worn by such legends as Billy Whitehurst, Imre Varadi and Malcolom Allen.

Not forgetting Obagoal!

QPR - "shit but local"

chaz cheap. on 10:54 - Jun 23 with 1464 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fitness? The guy has barely missed a game for us. Pace? Well he got 18 goals without much pace. I'm not sure anyone would be too worried about that. I do think that the old 'he scored loads of goals for a poor side' argument is a poor one, because often decent players are so central to poor sides that they have to contribute more because no one else is doing it. So if you put Austin in a much better side, he may well only get 10 or 12 goals (although he may also get more if he goes on a run).

But you're focusing on Austin's weaknesses rather than his strengths. Most importantly with Charlie is his ability to score every type of goal. He can go one on one with the keeper. He can score towering headers. He can place it, he can blast it. He scores tap ins, so has great positional sense that's vital for a striker, but he can also smash them in from distance. his movement in the box, particularly when confident, is extremely good - the best I've seen at Rangers in years. In terms of goals, there's really very little he can't do - and that's what makes him so dangerous. Yes, he's not the fastest, but a lot of faster players will get a lot less goals because they don't have the all-round striker game that Charlie has.

On top of that, you have his excellent work rate and perhaps most important of all his desire to improve. Under Redknapp, no one in the squad made any significant strides as a footballer except for Charlie, proving he can thrive even under those conditions.

Quite simply, he will get you goals. Our relegation is immaterial, really, because as soon as you have more than one side after him, the price goes up. And, in fact, we don't NEED to sell - we just know that a club will likely force our hand. He may have had 'just one' terrific season in the PL, but that's off the back of scoring regularly for two consecutive seasons in the Champonship. He's no flash in the pan.

I stand by what I've always said, though: £12m would not be a bad deal at all. would be nice to get £15m though.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

chaz cheap. on 10:56 - Jun 23 with 1465 viewsfakekerby

chaz cheap. on 09:21 - Jun 23 by Churchie

If Charlie somehow could be persuaded to stay just for next season(I Know I Know) and his goals give us half a chance of getting back up it would be the best 15 million pound gamble of all. More clouds and cuckoos I know.

I've said it all along that Charlie guarantees you 25-30 goals regardless of whether you are a good side or a bad one, the guy is goldust.

He's also a fairly level headed bloke, he's not going to go on strike or strop if we don't sell him.

Tell him he has a guarenteed contract worth £x a week if we go back up, and if we don't he can leave for nothing.

The problem is that the teams he is good enough for (i.e. bottom half) see 15 million as a hell of a lot of money. They'll need to be absolutely convinced he is worth that sort of investment and his history of dodgy shoulders is hardly going to help. Austin himself isn't the sort to want to sit on the bench regardless of pay cheque so I can't see him going to anyone in the top 6.

I personally believe that he really is just better off staying with a club that loves him where he is guarenteed to be the top guy and he doesn't earn badly here either.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 10:59]
chaz cheap. on 10:57 - Jun 23 with 1463 views00calben

chaz cheap. on 09:21 - Jun 23 by Churchie

Thing we need to remember is that there is a European Championship at the end of this season.

Despite RH opting to bring Vardy on for a bit of pace in that dull Ireland friendly, CA can realistically consider himself 5th choice striker behind Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck and Kane. If he has another successful season in the Prem, it only takes one injury (Sturridge?) / lack of form (can Kane replicate?) and he's got a fantastic chance of that 4th striker spot.

We can try as hard as we can to persuade him to stay, but realistically he's going to leave for the above reason (amongst many others). This chance may never come around again. He will go with my best wishes - the sh^t he has had to put up with here (on the pitch) - he deserves better and I just hope he gets/makes the right move - i.e. Southampton/Newcastle type rather than Chelsea type.
chaz cheap. on 11:02 - Jun 23 with 1452 viewsfakekerby

chaz cheap. on 10:57 - Jun 23 by 00calben

Thing we need to remember is that there is a European Championship at the end of this season.

Despite RH opting to bring Vardy on for a bit of pace in that dull Ireland friendly, CA can realistically consider himself 5th choice striker behind Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck and Kane. If he has another successful season in the Prem, it only takes one injury (Sturridge?) / lack of form (can Kane replicate?) and he's got a fantastic chance of that 4th striker spot.

We can try as hard as we can to persuade him to stay, but realistically he's going to leave for the above reason (amongst many others). This chance may never come around again. He will go with my best wishes - the sh^t he has had to put up with here (on the pitch) - he deserves better and I just hope he gets/makes the right move - i.e. Southampton/Newcastle type rather than Chelsea type.

I disagree completely.

The England call up should have told Charlie two things:-

If he leaves us for anybody top 6 he's going to get splinters up his a!se, and there is no way he is 5th in line as a Striker for England, he is behind:-

Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Kane, Ings, Berahino, Sterling - if Roy wasn't going to use him in such a meaningless game it's never going to happen. Roy admitted as much that Austin was only called up because Kane, Ings and Berahino were going to the Under 21s instead.
chaz cheap. on 11:05 - Jun 23 with 1443 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 11:02 - Jun 23 by fakekerby

I disagree completely.

The England call up should have told Charlie two things:-

If he leaves us for anybody top 6 he's going to get splinters up his a!se, and there is no way he is 5th in line as a Striker for England, he is behind:-

Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Kane, Ings, Berahino, Sterling - if Roy wasn't going to use him in such a meaningless game it's never going to happen. Roy admitted as much that Austin was only called up because Kane, Ings and Berahino were going to the Under 21s instead.

Partially agree. Berahino has a lot to do next season to prove he's the real deal and ditto Ings. Sterling would go as well as Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck and Kane I would've thought, so arguably one injury there would let Austin in.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 11:06 - Jun 23 with 1444 viewsadhoc_qpr

chaz cheap. on 10:57 - Jun 23 by 00calben

I honestly can't see a single attribute that Kane has that Austin isn't better at?

I know Kane scored bucket loads of goals - but he isn't skillful, isn't pacy, doesn't have a strong hold up game and doesn't even seem that clinical in his finishing (lots of scuffs etc).

Kane obviously has good instincts to get in the right place and on the end of things but i can't see him having another season like last.

Austin on the other hand improved massively throughout the season - some of his play in the Newcastle game was scintillating.
chaz cheap. on 11:33 - Jun 23 with 1380 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer activity is stepping up now that players and managers are coming back from holidays.

Multiple stories re Charlie. Possible interest from Palace (they say they won't pay £15m); Newcastle ( too far); Liverpool (ditto); Southampton (denial of interest) and West Ham.
Sevilla interested in Fer.
west Brom after Phillips
Bournemouth and WBA after Caulker.

I'd be surprised if we don't get close to £15m for Austin
Fer will go
Phillips probably.
I think Caulker will stay.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

chaz cheap. on 11:39 - Jun 23 with 1369 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 13:19 - Jun 22 by QPR_John

How do you measure how good a striker is maybe by the number of goals he scores

That's why Kevin Phillips was the victim of a brutal tug of war between Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd.

There are a million better ways of judging them.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

chaz cheap. on 11:44 - Jun 23 with 1361 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 14:51 - Jun 22 by JonDoeman

He's an outstanding striker, best we've had in years, & we're going to miss him terribly.

What does that have to do with anything?

Stokes chairman is sitting there wondering whether to pay 15 million and all we have to do is tell him that 'Charlie is the best we've had in years, & we're going to miss him terribly.'

It's not even true. We had Remy.

chaz cheap. on 12:16 - Jun 23 with 1320 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 10:54 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Fitness? The guy has barely missed a game for us. Pace? Well he got 18 goals without much pace. I'm not sure anyone would be too worried about that. I do think that the old 'he scored loads of goals for a poor side' argument is a poor one, because often decent players are so central to poor sides that they have to contribute more because no one else is doing it. So if you put Austin in a much better side, he may well only get 10 or 12 goals (although he may also get more if he goes on a run).

But you're focusing on Austin's weaknesses rather than his strengths. Most importantly with Charlie is his ability to score every type of goal. He can go one on one with the keeper. He can score towering headers. He can place it, he can blast it. He scores tap ins, so has great positional sense that's vital for a striker, but he can also smash them in from distance. his movement in the box, particularly when confident, is extremely good - the best I've seen at Rangers in years. In terms of goals, there's really very little he can't do - and that's what makes him so dangerous. Yes, he's not the fastest, but a lot of faster players will get a lot less goals because they don't have the all-round striker game that Charlie has.

On top of that, you have his excellent work rate and perhaps most important of all his desire to improve. Under Redknapp, no one in the squad made any significant strides as a footballer except for Charlie, proving he can thrive even under those conditions.

Quite simply, he will get you goals. Our relegation is immaterial, really, because as soon as you have more than one side after him, the price goes up. And, in fact, we don't NEED to sell - we just know that a club will likely force our hand. He may have had 'just one' terrific season in the PL, but that's off the back of scoring regularly for two consecutive seasons in the Champonship. He's no flash in the pan.

I stand by what I've always said, though: £12m would not be a bad deal at all. would be nice to get £15m though.

Barely missed a game? He's missed about 3 months and failed multiple medicals.

The pace argument isn't an argument, he doesn't have it and clubs do want it.

He can score any type of goal and has tremendous leaping ability WHEN facing goal.

His movement is ok but not a strength. His movement in the box is obviously good but he is caught well offside very regularly and if he isn't it's because he's been caught flatfooted.

His remaining game is poor. He has limited vision, he cannot bring a ball down and cannot perform a flick on. His work rate is not excellent, he's often nowhere near where he needs to be, he's a hard worker in a sense that he'll get back if need be but he is too static when we recover the ball and too often is caught ball watching.

I believe that I have the Opta stats article bookmarked on my computer at home, as it shows what a strange and unique player he is. He's a goalscorer and more so than anyone I've ever seen is just that.

As you say quite simply he will get you goals and I doubt they'll dry up any time soon but top clubs want top players who can do everything, otherwise scouting would be scanning the goalscorer charts.

Please don't try to dismiss this as 'oh slagging off a player again' I've had these things personally pointed out live by UEFA Pro license qualified coaches and a well regarded scout, one of which I've sat next to for every home game Charlie has played for us, and the stats that I mentioned fully back this.

This is why he's touted at 10-15 and not 40-50.

chaz cheap. on 12:49 - Jun 23 with 1281 viewsQPR_John

chaz cheap. on 11:39 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

That's why Kevin Phillips was the victim of a brutal tug of war between Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd.

There are a million better ways of judging them.

I did not think thosu clubs you mentioned were interested in Phillips oh hang on you're being sarcastic what a wit.

So how far down the list of qualities a striker should have does scoring goals come in your opinion

Just read your reply above and opta stats and blind adherence to the coaching manual might just explain why England play such boring football. if the stats say he is not good enough then I guess it does not matter how many goals he scores
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 12:59]
chaz cheap. on 13:15 - Jun 23 with 1236 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 12:49 - Jun 23 by QPR_John

I did not think thosu clubs you mentioned were interested in Phillips oh hang on you're being sarcastic what a wit.

So how far down the list of qualities a striker should have does scoring goals come in your opinion

Just read your reply above and opta stats and blind adherence to the coaching manual might just explain why England play such boring football. if the stats say he is not good enough then I guess it does not matter how many goals he scores
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 12:59]

I don't have the time or patience to dissect this nonsense.

chaz cheap. on 13:23 - Jun 23 with 1226 viewsQPR_John

chaz cheap. on 13:15 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

I don't have the time or patience to dissect this nonsense.

Well that's a relief
chaz cheap. on 13:26 - Jun 23 with 1214 viewsdaveB

A strikers job is to score goals and Austin does that. If clubs want someone who can do things outside the box then sign a midfield player
chaz cheap. on 13:27 - Jun 23 with 1210 viewsbaz_qpr

A number of bookies suspended betting at the weekend on him going to WestHam - dont know if thats still the case today but was last night
chaz cheap. on 13:35 - Jun 23 with 1186 viewsNW5Hoop

chaz cheap. on 10:54 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Look, he was great for us. Great. I adored him. I'd love him to stay. But he missed a big chunk of the promotion season, he's failed a medical elsewhere, he plays with his shoulder strapped to buggery. And for any team that plays at pace, his lack of pace will be an issue. This isn't me trying to do him down, these are the things that get taken into consideration. I think there's a tendency here to rate him somewhere below Gerd Muller but just above Miroslav Klose in the pantheon of strikers, and we need to be a bit more realistic, that's all.
chaz cheap. on 13:45 - Jun 23 with 1168 viewsQPR_John

chaz cheap. on 13:35 - Jun 23 by NW5Hoop

Look, he was great for us. Great. I adored him. I'd love him to stay. But he missed a big chunk of the promotion season, he's failed a medical elsewhere, he plays with his shoulder strapped to buggery. And for any team that plays at pace, his lack of pace will be an issue. This isn't me trying to do him down, these are the things that get taken into consideration. I think there's a tendency here to rate him somewhere below Gerd Muller but just above Miroslav Klose in the pantheon of strikers, and we need to be a bit more realistic, that's all.

If that is the perception we would be lucky to be offered £10M and anything in that region or less makes the gamble to keep him a better bet for the club. Of course it is up to the player in the long run
chaz cheap. on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 1146 viewsconnell10

Blimey poor old Chaz, going by some posts on here he ain't got no pace, he is a one season wonder and he is held together with blue tac!! We would better off paying off the rest of his contract and letting the sack of shite go for nothing!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024